Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
So uh, there's a grim, serious Archie zombie comic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yes, and it's good, so you should read it. It's called Afterlife with Archie.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I just picked it up because of this thread. It's crazy seeing a serious read on the characters' personalities (I'm only an issue in). Betty and Veronica are a lot more passive aggressive towards each other. The upside is that Moose doesn't preface everything he says with a "D-uh".

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Have they discovered ways to end a sentence other than with a question or exclamation mark?

e: yes they have, sorry

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Please, for the love of god, tell me Reggie has died first.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Even Reggie is pretty sympathetic here.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's really weird but it's good at what it does and is the perfect use for Francavilla's overuse of orange.

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Hey, just in case Afterlife With Archie 4 didn't traumatize you enough, here's the page where Archie beats his zombie dad to death with a baseball bat:

It's even weird alongside.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

404GoonNotFound posted:

Not reading it, but I think Sabrina actually was the first to go, because the apocalypse is kinda her fault.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Gaz-L posted:

Not reading it, but I think Sabrina actually was the first to go, because the apocalypse is kinda her fault.

She's still alive, just banished to Hell for a year as punishment.

The first to go is Jughead.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Actually, it's Reggie's! Reggie killed Jughead's dog in a hit-and-run, then Jughead convinced Sabrina to revive it with the loving Necronomicon.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

TwoPair posted:

This was especially inspiring to me as somebody who hates summer. Please save me Winter Friends.

From what? It's the middle of March and yesterday I was STILL driving in goddamn whiteout conditions. :sassargh:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Choco1980 posted:

From what? It's the middle of March and yesterday I was STILL driving in goddamn whiteout conditions. :sassargh:
It's sunny and 72 degrees here by the San Francisco Bay. Nice enough that they've opened the doors to the porches on the fourth floor here at work. Breezes blowing through the hallways.

Whiteout conditions, you say?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FMguru posted:

It's sunny and 72 degrees here by the San Francisco Bay. Nice enough that they've opened the doors to the porches on the fourth floor here at work. Breezes blowing through the hallways.

Whiteout conditions, you say?

If you like winter, Why the gently caress are you in the Bay? I hate winter, which means I'm basically stuck in California the rest of my life. It's the best thing about it, no loving winter. Every time I read a message post or a Facebook message talking about how cold it is I just laugh.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Choco1980 posted:

I don't know where you live, but here in the southeast, we're fluctuating wildly between winter's last hurrah with highs of 50 and then jumping into the 70s like every other day. It hit 78 on Sunday. It won't be long until that bastard sun wins, and then it's just a slow humid climb in temperature from there.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yesterday was 70. Today was 35. Shut up.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

TwoPair posted:

I don't know where you live, but here in the southeast, we're fluctuating wildly between winter's last hurrah with highs of 50 and then jumping into the 70s like every other day. It hit 78 on Sunday. It won't be long until that bastard sun wins, and then it's just a slow humid climb in temperature from there.

I live in Michigan. Tuesday was the only day in the past six months to have weather above 40. Wednesday saw 8 inches of snow. We were at snowfall records a month ago, and that hasn't stopped it yet.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Endless Mike posted:

Yesterday was 70. Today was 35. Shut up.
Yesterday had a high of 55, and a low of ~40. Today was 20-feels-like-5.

And yes, that's in Fahrenheit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Choco1980 posted:

I live in Michigan. Tuesday was the only day in the past six months to have weather above 40. Wednesday saw 8 inches of snow. We were at snowfall records a month ago, and that hasn't stopped it yet.

Skwirl posted:

Every time I read a message post or a Facebook message talking about how cold it is I just laugh.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

South Dakota here. We have Jotun plow our streets and driveways.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I can't believe I have to say this but post some actual panels and not about the dumb rear end weather.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, sorry for unintentionally causing that whole derail..

Anyways, here's some FF #11: In it, the Impossible Man is trying to get the FF to take in his kid, who is "all too possible". Little Adolf just wants to read books all day and doesn't have any interest in crazy shenanigans like Impossible Man is. However, when the FF approach him, Adolf freaks out and starts crushing them all in shrinking. Here's how Medusa handles the situation.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
Aren't Poppuppians only supposed to be shapeshifters? How's the kid doing that?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Impossible Man is at different times just a shape shifter, Marvel's Mr. Mxyzptlk, or literally Mr. Mxyzptlk(as implied by some DC comic at one point).

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 16, 2014

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

WickedHate posted:

(as implied by some DC comic at one point)

I thought it was the other way around?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

hup posted:

I thought it was the other way around?

Not the one I'm thinking of.

Comes from somewhere in this storyline.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

That's probably what I was thinking of, actually. Whoops.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

From Mega Man #35. Some background on the two characters:

- Blues/Proto Man/Break Man is the first human-like robot with his own personality created by Dr. Light and Dr. Wily. His power source was unstable and would eventually kill him, so obviously Light wanted to operate on it. Unfortunately, fixing it would possibly affect his programming and change who he is. Blues didn't like the idea of that, especially when he overheard Light consider that maybe getting rid of Blues' rebellious streak would be for the better, and ran away from home. Years later, he was dying and chose to return home. He saw Light hugging Rock and Roll and ran off once again. He was eventually found by Dr. Wily, who fixed him up.

- Tempo/Quake Woman is a robot created by Dr. Lalinde, a colleague of Light's. She had a happy personality and was like a daughter to Lalinde until she was nearly destroyed in a cave-in. Lalinde rebuilt her but chose to remove all semblance of emotions so she wouldn't get attached and wouldn't have to deal with the emotional fallout. Eventually, she realized that she couldn't handle seeing Tempo as a husk of her former self and reinstalled her personality.

Break Man confronted Tempo to ask her, "Why?"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Mega Man really is a shockingly good comic, even the parts that had to be developed entirely from original material to fill space between games, which are the parts you'd expect to be godawful.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Is that Dr Cossack in the picture above the TV there?

Always good to see him get more screen time.:allears:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Alacron posted:

Is that Dr Cossack in the picture above the TV there?

Always good to see him get more screen time.:allears:

He also gets a big role in the issue's A-plot, though it's not nearly as interesting as this part or the Mega Man X backup story.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
Megaman is legit one of the best comics around, simply because you can FEEL the writers and artists are all fans and they really love the source material.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I really like how they multiple times used the voice balloons to take us through the flow of the argument, even the points with interruption.

Fuckstick Electric
Nov 25, 2012

10 Beers posted:

There's no need to be an rear end in a top hat.

Consolation: he too will one day be dead.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Ultimate Spider-Man #200 is about all of Peter's friends (as well as Miles and Ganke, who never met him) getting together to celebrate his life, two years after his death. At one point, to break the silence, Mary Jane asks if anyone ever thinks about what Peter would have been like had he grown up. They all go over their own ideas, accompanied by two-page spreads.

Mary Jane thinks that he would have led the Ultimates and would have been a better leader and superhero than Captain America. Aunt May thinks he would have merged his love for science and heroics by leading a team of science-based superheroes. Gwen thinks he would have become a Daily Bugle reporter so he could expose corruption and bring guys like the Kingpin to justice. Miles likes to believe that he could have been partners, granted that Peter didn't hate him. Then it's Kitty's turn.

:smith:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gavok posted:

Ultimate Spider-Man #200 is about all of Peter's friends (as well as Miles and Ganke, who never met him) getting together to celebrate his life, two years after his death. At one point, to break the silence, Mary Jane asks if anyone ever thinks about what Peter would have been like had he grown up. They all go over their own ideas, accompanied by two-page spreads.

Mary Jane thinks that he would have led the Ultimates and would have been a better leader and superhero than Captain America. Aunt May thinks he would have merged his love for science and heroics by leading a team of science-based superheroes. Gwen thinks he would have become a Daily Bugle reporter so he could expose corruption and bring guys like the Kingpin to justice. Miles likes to believe that he could have been partners, granted that Peter didn't hate him. Then it's Kitty's turn.

However, it does look like she will be getting back with Kenny, and everyone in the issue hopefully will be in Mile Morales Ultimate Spider-man.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Fair warning to everyone, the following pages are very touching, but they're not inspiring at all.

Originally published in 2000AD prog 324.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Goddamn you guys.
Goddamn.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

Mary Jane thinks that he would have led the Ultimates and would have been a better leader and superhero than Captain America. Aunt May thinks he would have merged his love for science and heroics by leading a team of science-based superheroes. Gwen thinks he would have become a Daily Bugle reporter so he could expose corruption and bring guys like the Kfingpin to justice. Miles likes to believe that he could have been partners, granted that Peter didn't hate him. Then it's Kitty's turn.

Bendis is really good at stomach punch moments in USM. Doesn't quite top "Were you Spider-Man's mommy?" but pretty drat close.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

bobkatt013 posted:

However, it does look like she will be getting back with Kenny, and everyone in the issue hopefully will be in Mile Morales Ultimate Spider-man.

So she did date Kenny? I haven't read the comics in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Soylentbits posted:

So she did date Kenny? I haven't read the comics in a while.

Yeah they were together once Peter and Kitty broke up. They also ran off a bit after Ultimatium.