Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Haha this sounds awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Burgo posted:

Hey Mcvey, look what's finally happened.

http://play.esea.net/users/93772

Is he being electrocuted or freaking the gently caress out

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
It looks like it's sped-up and he's stomping his feet. Like a child.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

He's :gizz:ing, it took a while to get there.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG0ubyzmR9I

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Holy poo poo this match, Titan vs Hellraisers is 14 vs 15. Titan could be knocked out of the tournament right now.

Edit: 16-14. :psyduck:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Smol posted:

Holy poo poo this match, Titan vs Hellraisers is 14 vs 15. Titan could be knocked out of the tournament right now.

Edit: 16-14. :psyduck:

Probably one of the best CS matches I've ever seen. Titan threw so many rounds on CT, clearly frustrated after their game against VP. Then that final round, effectively timed themselves out of the round by waiting for HR to slip up.

Zwiftef
Jun 30, 2002

SWIFT IS FAT, LOL

astr0man posted:

Don't buy loving SMGs you scrubs

srsly tho, if you're not literally pro tier the UMP and P90 are legitimate pick ups. My little brother regularly outshoots rifles and AWPs at range with an UMP at double AK tier, and will almost always get the kills when clearing a site because of the movement advantage.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Zwiftef posted:

srsly tho, if you're not literally pro tier the UMP and P90 are legitimate pick ups. My little brother regularly outshoots rifles and AWPs at range with an UMP at double AK tier, and will almost always get the kills when clearing a site because of the movement advantage.
No they are not. Anywhere after Silver3 you're going to get schooled by a rifle 90 times out of 100.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Zwiftef posted:

This is bad advice and no one should listen to it.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Can you still get bonus drops if you watch official tournaments in a twitch pop-out window?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Only if you type !drop a lot.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

mcvey posted:

Only if you type !drop a lot.

I think they said typing it once per round is the way to "maximize" chance of drop, yeah.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Ugh gently caress that. Just having twitch chat up anywhere on my screen makes me angry, so I guess I'll have to do without free drops in exchange for a more enjoyable viewing experience.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
So we broke the buttman server and then broke steam while matchmaking. GG goons.

e: !drop

Pomp and Circumcized fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 13, 2014

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

So we broke the buttman server and then broke steam while matchmaking. GG goons.

Fixed

!drop

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

loving Steam

!drop

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 13, 2014

Coleman
May 5, 2011

mOE and his cheater friends DDOSing the stream in protest of getting banned?!

(let your conspiracy theories begin now:)

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
restarted steam, can't sign in now gg

Coleman
May 5, 2011

DeusExMachinima posted:

restarted steam, can't sign in now gg
Fun fact: never restart Steam when the Steam Community is down, it'll auto reconnect if you stay in but if you disconnect you have to do it manually.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Useful for these situations, it auto-refreshes once a minute: http://steamstat.us/

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

whoknew posted:

Useful for these situations, it auto-refreshes once a minute: http://steamstat.us/

Thanks for this. Makes Steam a little less stupid

!drop

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 13, 2014

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Is steam down for everyone or have I broken something?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Maybe you should try clicking the link that was just posted and see for yourself?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Is steam down for everyone or have I broken something?

Only for scrubs

!drop

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

astr0man posted:

Maybe you should try clicking the link that was just posted and see for yourself?

oopps had tab open for ages calm down lad

Zwiftef
Jun 30, 2002

SWIFT IS FAT, LOL

Coleman posted:

No they are not. Anywhere after Silver3 you're going to get schooled by a rifle 90 times out of 100.

I mean, we're not global elite or anything but my little brother and I regularly take turns acing the other team with UMPs/P90s at double AK / AK with laurels. Most people that aren't hacking at that level can't consistently one tap someone with an AK or M4 and can't follow the burst pattern close up. This might change at global elite or something but from what I understand the global elite queue has a bunch of hackers in it anyway.

At range the rifle will win of course, but close up it's easily 60/40 the SMG, and at mid range it's only like 40/60 in the rifle's favor. If you're losing to a rifle with an SMG 90/100 at any range the problem is probably in your reflexes, not the gun and you'd have lost 90/100 with an AK.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I don't agree that the Ump holder ever has an advantage over someone with a rifle. That's just nonsense. Every rifle outperforms the Ump at every stage of the game.

With that said, the Ump IS a great cheap weapon that does pretty good headshot damage and is fairly accurate if you one click it. It's definitely a decent weapon that is worth using in some situations, sometimes against rifles. I still think the odds are in the rifle's favor, even close range, but that's going to be the case no matter what if you are having to partial buy something.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Zwiftef posted:

I mean, we're not global elite or anything but my little brother and I regularly take turns acing the other team with UMPs/P90s at double AK / AK with laurels. Most people that aren't hacking at that level can't consistently one tap someone with an AK or M4 and can't follow the burst pattern close up. This might change at global elite or something but from what I understand the global elite queue has a bunch of hackers in it anyway.

At range the rifle will win of course, but close up it's easily 60/40 the SMG, and at mid range it's only like 40/60 in the rifle's favor. If you're losing to a rifle with an SMG 90/100 at any range the problem is probably in your reflexes, not the gun and you'd have lost 90/100 with an AK.

Please stop posting your terrible and wrong ideas in this thread thanks.

Also please post videos of all of your "regular" ump aces.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Zwiftef posted:

I mean, we're not global elite or anything but my little brother and I regularly take turns acing the other team with UMPs/P90s at double AK / AK with laurels

Could you post a demo of this

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
the ump is awful I have no idea why anyone ever buys it ever. the bizon, however, is amazing.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Zwiftef posted:

Yeah I'd love to see some of these demos where you guys are just stomping all over MGEs with these Umps and P90s. I mean you seem to be under the impression that M4s and AKs are incapable of spraying. If a decent player has an AK or an M4, and somehow you manage to actually get up close to him, he's going to spray you down, and the sheer power of the rifles over any SMG is still going to win.

Unless of course your description of "most people that aren't hacking" is anyone that can't kill you when you have an Ump or P90.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Umps are fun, cheap, and accurate. The spray is easy to control if you do it in bursts, too. But I will always choose an M4/AK over it if I have the choice (and if my ping isn't bonkers). It's also awesome to be able to move so fast with a weapon that can shoot long range decently. Also, 600 mutha fuckin dollars baby

!drop

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
The difference in movement speed between the UMP and an M4 is negligible (it's the exact same difference as movement speed with a knife vs a grenade).

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm considering it against second and third round options (because I will buy an M4/AK if I am able). I'd rather UMP than Famas/Galil/other poo poo since I can spend the difference on grenades and have some savings left. I also crouch like a scrub so my ideas are probably wrong.

!drop

Coleman
May 5, 2011

old dog child posted:

I'm considering it against second and third round options (because I will buy an M4/AK if I am able)

!drop
The only really viable position for SMGs is second round after a pistol win. And then you have to hope the other team hasn't bought head armor. At any other point in the game, you would need a combination of factors in order to warrant buying an SMG. 1: you'd need to be 100% positive the other team was on an armorless eco, 2: you'd need to not have enough money to afford armor, rifle, and grenades. And the unlikeliness of the latter situation ever occurring (knowing the other team is on an eco AND you're too poor for a real buy) means it's likely never going to happen anyway.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Zwiftef posted:

The future of Counter-Strike everybody.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

2.7 gig update after steam comes back up. During Katowice. GG Valve

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Coleman posted:

The only really viable position for SMGs is second round after a pistol win. And then you have to hope the other team hasn't bought head armor. At any other point in the game, you would need a combination of factors in order to warrant buying an SMG. 1: you'd need to be 100% positive the other team was on an armorless eco, 2: you'd need to not have enough money to afford armor, rifle, and grenades. And the unlikeliness of the latter situation ever occurring (knowing the other team is on an eco AND you're too poor for a real buy) means it's likely never going to happen anyway.

I tend to keep the UMP if we win the first two rounds. I ditch it for an M4 as CT as fast as possible, but on T I keep it until I die so I can get full grenades and to avoid giving the CT a free AK if they save for the third. I have this mentality that I need to have grenades all the time and that it's better to save for the team and use a shittier gun (since I have nades) than to worry about getting myself a nice gun. I'll gladly ditch the UMP after I kill someone with a better gun though. I'd rather take an UMP one round and drop an AWP for someone than roll with an AK each round. Maybe I'm too giving. Also it's in Nova games so UMPs actually get me kills heh

!drop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

whoknew posted:

2.7 gig update after steam comes back up. During Katowice. GG Valve

I can't even get back on Steam.