Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Sometimes a health pack will revive you, but there are consequences. I had to play the rest of the mission like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

kru posted:

Hello Ps4 goons - I'm in as Kruzinoke. I'm also v bad so sorry in advance 8)

Goon clan invite would be ace, if there is space.

Invite sent. Don't forget to check for it.... Also friend request sent so you can find some voice chats when I am on. PSN Aoasha

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I had a weird issue yesterday where a couple of times the game said I was being invited but everything was blank and when I accepted it just gave me an error.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Doji Sekushi posted:

Ps4 stuff:

There are still a couple of goons who received invites to the clan but have not accepted. If you asked for a invite in this thread and aren't in clan, you likely haven't accepted the invite.

All clan research is done aside from Volt. Volt just needs money and a few plastids but none of us really care about Volt right now. If you want one, pony up for the research.

As always, the Princess dream dojo needs your mats...everything except alloy plate, nano spores, neurodes, and Orokin cells. Our space feng shui will be the mightiest in space land.

Don't all of those lamps require an Orokin cell each? Did you already put those in or remove them?

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Thranguy posted:

Don't all of those lamps require an Orokin cell each? Did you already put those in or remove them?

I put cells into a bunch, but it gets old selecting each decoration one by one. I have about 100 more cells, so those lamps are getting made.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Big Floppy posted:

Invite sent. Don't forget to check for it.... Also friend request sent so you can find some voice chats when I am on. PSN Aoasha

Perfect - let me add you then head to bed (I'm in Singapore so weird timezone I guess)

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Denzine posted:

The Design Council needs new blood or it's just going to continue to fester.
To DE's credit, this is something they anticipated, and before the founder's program shut down they indicated that they were making plans for introducing new blood to the design council and solicited input on how potential new DC members should be considered for entry.

There were a lot of seriously dumbass suggestions (as you'd expect), but probably more decent ideas than you might think. You may be surprised to learn that by far the one thing that most people seemed to agree on was that the amount of money a user has spent on the game should not be a significant factor in considering entry.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me
Just echoing some previous posts, but Excalibur Prime isn't exactly a great frame. It really is amazing how important it is to these people to prevent other people from using the same pixels as them. This has to be the purest form of greed and conceit. We are talking about things that literally have no intrinsic value (zero cost to reproduce, no functional difference from normal Excal), and a slight threat to their perceived value/status that comes from owning these imaginary items causes REAL emotional pain & panic. There is going to be some really strange cognitive dissonance issues that will be brought up by our increasingly more sophisticated virtual worlds.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Honestly, I see this all the time and have for years.

When nerds invest all their time into a hobby like this, they associate it with their value as a person and feel attacked when its perceived value is lessened.

Not saying people aren't terrible, but this has probably been a thing for centuries.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I have no idea why there are restrictions on the design council when it's just monkeys with enough cash to spend. If you really want to avoid every random person spamming it then restrict it to anyone who's spent more than $20 in the store or similar so they at least have a stake in the direction of the game.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

w00tmonger posted:

Honestly, I see this all the time and have for years.

When nerds invest all their time into a hobby like this, they associate it with their value as a person and feel attacked when its perceived value is lessened.

Not saying people aren't terrible, but this has probably been a thing for centuries.

I'm not saying this is new, but we are getting more and more pure versions of it, as the things people are getting upset about are less and less real. It's one thing to say "My gold chalice is important and makes me great", but it is much stranger to say "My imaginary Gold Space Ninja Robot (which is functionally identical to the Space Ninja Robot everyone else has and never uses) is important and makes me great".

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

Carecat posted:

I have no idea why there are restrictions on the design council when it's just monkeys with enough cash to spend. If you really want to avoid every random person spamming it then restrict it to anyone who's spent more than $20 in the store or similar so they at least have a stake in the direction of the game.

This is fairly accurate, yeah. A lot of the Design Council folk are utter shitlers, but there are some people with a bit of common sense in their head, just like any slice of a games playerbase.

I'm just bloody thankful that we can't create threads in that forum, and only respond to DE-made ones.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Innerguard posted:

This is fairly accurate, yeah. A lot of the Design Council folk are utter shitlers, but there are some people with a bit of common sense in their head, just like any slice of a games playerbase.

I'm just bloody thankful that we can't create threads in that forum, and only respond to DE-made ones.

So, DC people. Which kind of DC member is responsible for Nova? :allears:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
It isn't very surprising to me that people who spent triple-digits on this game before it even came out are unhinged.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Shugojin posted:

So, DC people. Which kind of DC member is responsible for Nova? :allears:
Clearly the best kind, with the exception of Null Star.

The DC is also at least somewhat responsible for the initial concepts of Nekros, Valkyr, Oberon, and Zephyr. Overall a positive track record, I'd say.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Inspector_666 posted:

It isn't very surprising to me that people who spent triple-digits on this game before it even came out are unhinged.
You must be thinking of Star Citizen.

Warframe has been in Beta for years. I bought $100 pack for the sweet tshirt and plat discount, when they announced it was going away. Kinda figured it was worth it after playing for 300+ hours. At 550 hours into it, this is one of the best dollar to fun ratio I've ever had in the video game so far. I also have 0 posts in the ultra-special DE forum.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Denzine posted:

Sometimes a health pack will revive you, but there are consequences. I had to play the rest of the mission like that.
Wait, was that from the revive at the upper console or the lower console? I remember doing a normal revive at the upper and dropping a healthpack there, and I remember doing an inexplicable insta-revive at the lower console but not dropping a healthpack there. Did you drop a healthpack? I don't remember seeing one but then again everything was covered in Infestation rear end.
(oh, look, I have another "one time, Denzine did a thing" entry)

Skandranon posted:

I'm not saying this is new, but we are getting more and more pure versions of it, as the things people are getting upset about are less and less real. It's one thing to say "My gold chalice is important and makes me great", but it is much stranger to say "My imaginary Gold Space Ninja Robot (which is functionally identical to the Space Ninja Robot everyone else has and never uses) is important and makes me great".
Also, ease of access to instances of it. Perhaps the overall density of corn nuggets in the pile has not actually changed, but we are simply able to see more of the pile?

I was also going to say something about a spaceship cherrypit on top that's beginning to sprout but Nitrox got to it first.

Helter Skelter posted:

The DC is also at least somewhat responsible for the initial concepts of Nekros, Valkyr, Oberon, and Zephyr. Overall a positive track record, I'd say.
I thought what happened was that DE would come up with stuff and present the options to the DC to vote on, while noncritical things like frame names could be drawn directly from DC suggestions.

e: VVV One can only imagine what exclusive sparkling dongs and golden space dildos the rich man of the internet has previously lost to the poors. E-castration if you will, over and over and over. The horror!

Fish Noise fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 13, 2014

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer
Trying to catch a butterfly
If people see the chance to be pretty unique snowflakes in video games they'll go for it. It's kind of interesting to see who throws a shitfit over their mint condition internet robots- usually from their perspective they think they had something special and to them, it gets taken away from them. It doesn't matter that they still have it, or that the new buyers had to spend just as much as them, it's worthless to them now. They move on, buy a pretty limited edition space dildo in the kickstarter for Dildo Rangers 2 and cry when inevitably that space dildo goes on sale again next year. A vicious cycle.

I dunno it's just weird that the same values people reserve for collectors items are now getting attached to non-existent virtual armours and stuff. Been going for ages obviously but I never really noticed it until MWO, Star Citizen and now this I guess (even though it hasn't even happened, he's angry because DE didn't say "100% never you filthy spoors"(haha what)).

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It's not unfair for people who paid a lot of money for items that were promised as exclusive to be annoyed at the idea they might go back on it but it's been pretty poor planning on DE's part to keep promising stuff as exclusive leading to the ridiculous extractor situation.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Fish Noise posted:

I thought what happened was that DE would come up with stuff and present the options to the DC to vote on, while noncritical things like frame names could be drawn directly from DC suggestions.
The process that eventually led to Nova had several phases:

Phase 1: DE posts 2 threads in the DC, one asking for submissions on the theme of the new frame, along with a "sandbox" thread for discussion of said submissions. At the end of this phase, DE picked five themes to be voted on and threw a poll up to decide which would go on to Phase 2.

Phase 2: Antimatter theme is chosen, now powers need to be fleshed out. Similar to Phase 1, submissions are taken and discussed in separate threads, and at the end 4 polls were put up (one for each power slot) with 4-6 power choices in each.

Phase 3: Final phase. Name suggestions, same format.

Phase 1 is the important bit when it comes to Valkyr and the others I mentioned. One of the five themes that made it on to the poll was Matter/Antimatter, which of course ended up as Nova. The others were Necro (Nekros), Berserker (Valkyr), Earth (Oberon), and Hawk (Zephyr). They were designed internally by DE, but the overall themes came from the design council.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I see, I see! This means they're just about up for another round of five themes, aren't they?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
They should do a seahorse/dragon themed frame. With big, muscly arms.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Current thing in the DC area is the Corpus melee sentinel naming, various melee weapon suggestions including sword and board, and previews of the new turret system design.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Yemaja (Sedna): Enemy Envoy Located - 96m - 6000cr - Forma (Blueprint)

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Innerguard posted:

Current thing in the DC area is the Corpus melee sentinel naming, various melee weapon suggestions including sword and board, and previews of the new turret system design.

I can't believe the dickturret isn't winning.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Do the puncture/impact/slash/elemental ratings apply to melee charge attacks? That is to say, is there any point to using a heavy weapon other than the Galatine? IIRC, when I last played, charge damage rating was 99% of what mattered.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Carecat posted:

It's not unfair for people who paid a lot of money for items that were promised as exclusive to be annoyed at the idea they might go back on it but it's been pretty poor planning on DE's part to keep promising stuff as exclusive leading to the ridiculous extractor situation.

I understand they were promised a 'thing' (exclusive ability to walk around in a gilded version of crap), and to them that 'thing' has lost it's perceived value. What I'm finding strange is these things are less and less about real value, and more about perceptions of artificial scarcity. Which, while their feelings may be 'natural' in the sense it plays to our evolved instincts, is twisted and wrong in a digital world. If these people were arguing from a position of maintaining a consistent world that is fun, that is a valid argument (why not start with all frames and weapons?), but I think instead this vitriol comes from a perceived wound to their egos.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Improbable Lobster posted:

They should do a seahorse/dragon themed frame. With big, muscly arms.

...all to hug you more, my dear

Piell posted:

I can't believe the dickturret isn't winning.

None of those looks like a penis to me, and I've seen alot of penises... ALOT

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer

Skandranon posted:

What I'm finding strange is these things are less and less about real value, and more about perceptions of artificial scarcity.

I totally agree. But in a way, there kind of IS a scarcity. It's a difficult comparison because some things you can't make more of (companies go bust, limited editions, etc) but technically there's nothing stopping you from getting your hands on that unique gimp suit other than a yes/no decision from the devs- but while that's set firmly to "no", they do have a scarcity and thus a value, I suppose?

^also yeah i'm craning my neck looking for penis and I see none. Are we talking the first one which KIND OF has minigun barrel balls?

Panic Attack fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 13, 2014

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Shine posted:

Do the puncture/impact/slash/elemental ratings apply to melee charge attacks? That is to say, is there any point to using a heavy weapon other than the Galatine? IIRC, when I last played, charge damage rating was 99% of what mattered.

I don't think they carry over, I'm not sure of that.

However, on the subject of how important charged attack is, not really. For Galatine, of course, it's what that sword is mainly about, you'd be foolish not to build it towards using the charge attack all the time. But other weapons focus on other things. The Jat Kitang does a huge amount of damage with it's regular attacks, and has a very high status chance, so can actually be an effective crowd control weapon with a high +status and blast damage type. Or the Dual Ichors, which can have over 40% crit chance, which when combined with Berzerker turns into a literal buzzsaw of critical hits.

Of course, all of this is up for grabs with Melee 2.0.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Tons of things are sold as limited edition or collectors that have artificial scarcity so I don't think it's weird for people to value it just because it's digital. The only thing here is some people getting major butthurt about the slightest suggestion they might rethink it. Screw Exal/Lato/Skana Prime, I just want a Miza Syandana but not for $150!

Carecat fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 13, 2014

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Skandranon posted:

I don't think they carry over, I'm not sure of that.

However, on the subject of how important charged attack is, not really. For Galatine, of course, it's what that sword is mainly about, you'd be foolish not to build it towards using the charge attack all the time. But other weapons focus on other things. The Jat Kitang does a huge amount of damage with it's regular attacks, and has a very high status chance, so can actually be an effective crowd control weapon with a high +status and blast damage type. Or the Dual Ichors, which can have over 40% crit chance, which when combined with Berzerker turns into a literal buzzsaw of critical hits.

Of course, all of this is up for grabs with Melee 2.0.

That's cool that normal attacks are useful now. Back in the 7-8 days the thread ABC was Always Be Charging with maybe one exception. I'll have to mess with it more. As a lazy Rhino player I'm all about crowd control.

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer
Oh yeah- at the moment i'm using Mag. Pull is godly and I can clear a good half of a wave in defense with the right positioning, but every other ability seems to be a bit... well, totally worthless compared to a 25 cost map-ranged nuke/pull/stun. But this is early days, so what skills are going to come in handy later? Is the shield boost/drain thing good to focus on later? Crush seems kind of rubbish even with upgrades and the bullet magnet thing seems pretty bad.
tldr: Keep spamming pull or will I need to use other abilities at some point?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Shine posted:

Do the puncture/impact/slash/elemental ratings apply to melee charge attacks?

Yes, it matters a bit. I did some testing a while back, jacking up the puncture damage on a Jaw sword. Damage on charge attacks went up, but not by much. Jaw sword is kind of pathetic anyway.

/edit

Just did a quick test with a Scindo. Increasing slash damage by 60% brought up charge damage by 30%.

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 13, 2014

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

doo dee doo dmt, lsd doo dmt, lsd doo dmt...

Doji Sekushi posted:

Ps4 stuff:

There are still a couple of goons who received invites to the clan but have not accepted. If you asked for a invite in this thread and aren't in clan, you likely haven't accepted the invite.

All clan research is done aside from Volt. Volt just needs money and a few plastids but none of us really care about Volt right now. If you want one, pony up for the research.

As always, the Princess dream dojo needs your mats...everything except alloy plate, nano spores, neurodes, and Orokin cells. Our space feng shui will be the mightiest in space land.

I loving love our Dojo...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVgcs-_-va8

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Panic Attack posted:

Oh yeah- at the moment i'm using Mag. Pull is godly and I can clear a good half of a wave in defense with the right positioning, but every other ability seems to be a bit... well, totally worthless compared to a 25 cost map-ranged nuke/pull/stun. But this is early days, so what skills are going to come in handy later? Is the shield boost/drain thing good to focus on later? Crush seems kind of rubbish even with upgrades and the bullet magnet thing seems pretty bad.
tldr: Keep spamming pull or will I need to use other abilities at some point?
Shield polarize is an endgame skill, pull will stop being effective very quickly in high level defense/survival

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Wait, are Jat Kittag's normal attacks better than the deathcopter of doom charge strike? It has huge range, hits like a truck multiple times and it knocks everyone in range on their rear end if they don't outright die.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Not shown: that bell is inches away from the trading post, ensuring traders are always with music.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

doo dee doo dmt, lsd doo dmt, lsd doo dmt...

Doji Sekushi posted:

Not shown: that bell is inches away from the trading post, ensuring traders are always with music.

Im about to hop on and dump some credits into the Zentertainment center. I hope i get my rhino today, I'm sick of playing volt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

bonzaisushi posted:

Im about to hop on and dump some credits into the Zentertainment center. I hope i get my rhino today, I'm sick of playing volt.

How can you be sick of Volt? I love my volt.