Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the plot thickens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Nelson MandEULA posted:

at least they fixed their metadata:

im herbie handcock

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The Leck posted:

im herbie handcock

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

The Leck posted:

im herbie handcock

text me

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
tbf it's more of a preorder discount than a normal kickstarter, there's no chance of not getting neil's pono

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

neil announced the launch and kickstarter at sxsw

masterstroke imo

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

ayn rand hand job posted:

neil announced the launch and kickstarter at sxsw

masterstroke imo

and then drove into a crowd of people killing several of them, right

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh if you actually read the kickstarter page they even called it a toblerone

We talked a lot about making the player thin, to snap onto the back of a phone so it could be carried as one unit. But that meant you’d need a different player design for each phone model, and we found that it was not possible to put some of the large audio components – required for the best performance – into a thin package. This led us to design the accessory in the shape of a triangular “Toblerone” shaped chocolate bar. It allowed us to use larger audio components and to separate them far enough apart to prevent electrical interference between the various subsystems. It also allowed us to use a large cylindrical battery that’s much more efficient than a flat battery.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
toblerowned

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Thesoro posted:

audiophiles are dumber than brownies apparently

Well they both love anal og

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Toblerone has sued for passing off before (and won), I don't know if Neil Young is ready to deal with the consequences of making something in the same delicious shape as Toblerone brand nougat-containing chocolate treats.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

neil young would probably be okay if not for his insistence that the player also be filled with nougat

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

toblerone is terrible candy, it is disturbing how they managed to build a brand around a at most mildly innovative shape

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

duTrieux. posted:

neil young would probably be okay if not for his insistence that the player also be filled with nougat

just lookin for a heart of gold

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i've had tolberone twice and it tastes like stale whoppers

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

stoutfish posted:

i've had tolberone twice and it tastes like stale whoppers
are you sure that those were toblerones

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
like all european chocolate, toblerones taste exactly as horrible as hershey chocolate except you get to pay a premium for it.

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Dr. Honked posted:

triangular “Toblerone” shaped

kickstarter is a front for fractional reserve banking, "crowd funding" allows fiat currency to exist in multiple places invest in bitcoin and donate them all to the ron paul fund

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
sorry mate hersheys chocolate is super rubbish and nobody else eats that muck

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

penus de milo posted:

kickstarter is a front for fractional reserve banking, "crowd funding" allows fiat currency to exist in multiple places invest in bitcoin and donate them all to the ron paul fund

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

penus de milo posted:

sorry mate hersheys chocolate is super rubbish and nobody else eats that muck

it is but so are toblerones

this is the only chocolate that i will allow to pass my lips

http://www.eclatchocolate.com/product/peruvian-nacional-truffles-4pc-box/

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i smell a new startup

it's kickstarter... but with bitcoins!

and if they don't deliver you can ask whomever started the bitstarter to refund your money back, and if they don't you can mark them with a scammer tag and let the free market work him out :)

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
it can be called bitstarter

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
yeah i guess so, milk chocolate's nice though

i guess this is all academic as Kraft continues to purchase every nation's confectionery brands and mash them together into weird frankenchocolates

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
bickstarter

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

stoutfish posted:

i smell a new startup

it's kickstarter... but with bitcoins!

i swear they had one of these and as expected nobody donated anything to anyone unless it was self-aggrandizing bitcoin promotional stuff

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
idea for a bitstarter product, choclate gold coins expect the gold coins are bitcoins

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

stoutfish posted:

idea for a bitstarter product, choclate gold coins expect the gold coins are bitcoins

call them "ron paul's 'the delicious standard'"

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
if u try to get funded on bitstarter but fail it can be referred to as blockblocked

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
a chocolate coin based economy would be deflationary (therefore better than fiat) because coins can melt and be eaten.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

stoutfish posted:

a chocolate coin based economy would be deflationary (therefore better than fiat) because coins can melt and be eaten.

actually it would be confectionary

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

actually it would be confectionary

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

Proteus4994 posted:

i swear they had one of these and as expected nobody donated anything to anyone unless it was self-aggrandizing bitcoin promotional stuff
i thought there were a few but this is the only one i can find now https://bitcoinstarter.com/

Active: 3 pages
Pending (failed): 9 pages
Funded: 1 page
Cancelled: 4 pages

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/881894260/supertrip-not-your-typical-adventure?ref=recently_launched

quote:

This game is not for the faint of heart. This is for the adventurers, the go getters, and the true heroes of this world. ... But at the end of the day, it’s not about the destination or who wins; it’s about the journey.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Think of Dark Souls; now imagine this in real life.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

i'm the "competitive trip mode" which is like the amazing race without anything interesting

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

25% legal?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i'm the jump cuts between every sentence in the video

actually wait i'm the dreary overcast middle-of-nowhere locations, they really sell the "adventure" element

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
adventure is a code word for vacation masochists looking to emulate seattle in new and interesting locations

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/andrewhubbard/andrew-hubbard-the-peoples-violinist-cuts-new-cd?ref=recently_launched

this guys trying to be a violinist which is cool and not easy but this whole things is hilariously awful

are pie charts some kind of flavor of the month?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
nice, uh, antialiasing? :pwn:

• Locked thread