Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

They just want to go home ahhaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

antavila posted:

Waiiiiiiiiiit a second...

Why is Saitama's fight not being shown? Was it like this in the ONE comic? It's the first guy who can take a punch from him and I can't see what's happening :bang:.

I don't think he has thrown a punch yet.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Silver Fang :ohdear: don't die, please :ohdear:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

antavila posted:

Waiiiiiiiiiit a second...

Why is Saitama's fight not being shown? Was it like this in the ONE comic? It's the first guy who can take a punch from him and I can't see what's happening :bang:.

It was like that, yeah.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

RatHat posted:

I don't think he has thrown a punch yet.

Check out the aliens right arm.

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
Obviously the reasonable explanation is that the alien must've punched Saitama hard enough to blow his own arm up.

e: I guess I should spoiler speculation about the newest chapter.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
We'll probably get an update in a week or two with extra pages showing more of the fight.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Soulcleaver posted:

We'll probably get an update in a week or two with extra pages showing more of the fight.

Yeah? That's how it has been going for months now. OPM consists of sequential art paired with dialogue balloons.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The batato link seems to have been taken down. Anyone got another link to an english version?

Edit: Found one.
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/onepunch_man/c034.5/2.html

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Say Nothing posted:

The batato link seems to have been taken down. Anyone got another link to an english version?

Edit: Found one.
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/onepunch_man/c034.5/2.html

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/230300/onepunch-man_ch34.5_by_nerieru-scans

It was just the uploader replacing it with an edited version; batoto replaces the numbers in the url when doing so and breaks any old links in the process.

Caeruleas
Mar 5, 2007
This too shall pass

Mikl posted:

Silver Fang :ohdear: don't die, please :ohdear:
I was getting concerned that I was the only one worried. :(

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Soulcleaver posted:

Pretty sure that's exactly how it is in the original.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Caeruleas posted:

I was getting concerned that I was the only one worried. :(
He can probably parry all that debris he bounced off of into an even stronger counter punch. :getin:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Bang attained rank 3 as a mere elderly martial artist with no special powers. Like hell he can't take a punch.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Serious Frolicking posted:

Bang attained rank 3 as a mere elderly martial artist with no special powers. Like hell he can't take a punch.
Yup, hes gonna stand up and brush some dust off his shoulder. Alien guy gonna be like :drat:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Serious Frolicking posted:

Yeah this'll lead to What probably would be one of my favorite panels

Bang is fuckin awesome.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
:zoro: Is that all you got?

Is it bang or fang? It seemed like he redirected the hit by bouncing off the debris around him

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Suspicious Lump posted:

Is it bang or fang? It seemed like he redirected the hit by bouncing off the debris around him

His name is Bang. His hero title is Silver Fang.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Suspicious Lump posted:

There werent any of the special lines that usually come with his moves

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Rigged Death Trap posted:

There werent any of the special lines that usually come with his moves
Flowing Pinball-Bounce!

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
I just read the first four chapters.

This. Is. The. Best. Thing.

Saitama having his dream where the underground creatures actually pose a challenge only to have it come true when he wakes up and have it end in the usual way.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Facepalm Ranger posted:

I just read the first four chapters.

This. Is. The. Best. Thing.

Saitama having his dream where the underground creatures actually pose a challenge only to have it come true when he wakes up and have it end in the usual way.

It only gets better from there.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
New chapter is out in Glorious Nippon.

http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/45/

Those last few pages are pretty worrying...

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I have never read a raw before until now.

He looks so sad on the last page :(

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Suspicious Lump posted:

Hahahah yes!
Bang is best Bang.

Though shouldve had more scarring.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is out

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Suspicious Lump posted:

Man, seriously. Good mix of frustration and disappointment in that expression.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Popo posted:

Those last few pages are pretty worrying...
Not the last page.
"Blah Blah Blah".

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Say Nothing posted:

Not the last page.
"Blah Blah Blah".

I never said I was worried for Saitama. I suspect Boros is about to find out he was wrong when he said this fight was even. CALL ME CRAZY!

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Popo posted:

I never said I was worried for Saitama. I suspect Boros is about to find out he was wrong when he said this fight was even. CALL ME CRAZY!

It seems like he possibly wants to let the guy get the fight he's been looking for, maybe because he empathizes with the desire to have an opponent who can challenge you. Looks like he's getting tired of playing along, though.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Taciturn Tactician posted:

It seems like he possibly wants to let the guy get the fight he's been looking for, maybe because he empathizes with the desire to have an opponent who can challenge you. Looks like he's getting tired of playing along, though.

I'd think there is also the layer that Saitama is contemplating the reality that not only can no being on Earth match him but the entire galaxy.

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Well, there's a constant expression of casual boredom and disinterest on Saitama's face for the entire chapter until something like shock or surprise at getting kicked in the back on page 16.

I can't decide if Saitama got annoyed after that point because of the nature of the attack or its complete lack of effect. I suspect it's the former.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Iron Twinkie posted:

I'd think there is also the layer that Saitama is contemplating the reality that not only can no being on Earth match him but the entire galaxy.

I can't wait for him to punch Boros so hard it literally zooms in so show all of his cells being destroyed by the force of it, and then sigh depressingly.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

ToiletDuckie posted:

Well, there's a constant expression of casual boredom and disinterest on Saitama's face for the entire chapter until something like shock or surprise at getting kicked in the back on page 16.

I can't decide if Saitama got annoyed after that point because of the nature of the attack or its complete lack of effect. I suspect it's the former.

Nah, Saitama doesn't really strike me as the sort to care about "honorable" fighting. If it got him an actual challenge I think he'd let anything fly.

vv Pretty much. Even outside of fighting, Saitama was the kinda guy who wanted Genos to shorten his life story to 10 words or less. He's not the talky type.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 28, 2014

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It's probably more like Saitama just really wants a good fight without all the exposition by this dumbass boss. Basically literally like his dream where it's just punches and punches.

I would think he would be happy that he hasn't one shot this guy yet but I can't blame him for being annoyed.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Suspicious Lump posted:

His heart went "doki-doki."

Well, actually just "doki," but :ssh:.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
He may also recognize the villain as his dark mirror. An ubermensch who doesn't care about anybody, and just goes looking for a fun fight. Saitama's not a great dude, but he has to feel a little bad that an entire city was killed for such incredibly selfish reasons - and for reasons that are so sympathetic to him.

Alternately, motherfucker talks too much.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
So is volume 5 complete yet?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Facepalm Ranger posted:

So is volume 5 complete yet?

Yeah. It has Licenseless Rider on the cover. Came out in December.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Squidster posted:

Alternately, motherfucker talks too much.

All this pomp and prophecy poo poo and blah blah new alien guy is just like all the others. :smith: