Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Brannock posted:

DT Vance Walker may be visiting the Packers soon.

AFC West fans, is this guy any good?

He can be OK? He can be a rotational guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
You can't let spectacular hair like Whitehurst just WALK.

Also the Eagles picked up Chris Maragos right? Browner is looking around too, fill out your D ranks with Seahawks.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Browner would be a great addition, but what would he realistically want for a contract?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm taking a tour of LP Field tonight too. I'll burn that fucker down.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Browner would be a great addition, but what would he realistically want for a contract?

What's his status going forward with the drug thing, is it a full year for sure next time? If so he's missing some leverage whether it's a bullshit thing he got busted on or not.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

What's his status going forward with the drug thing, is it a full year for sure next time? If so he's missing some leverage whether it's a bullshit thing he got busted on or not.
4 games.

e: oh NEXT time.. I guess it would be half a season?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

anime gently caress pillow posted:

He's shooting for a 30% "Adderall" based contract so if you can handle that...

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Grittybeard posted:

Four games with probable forever suspension the next time, I heard he's probably going to sign with the Pats though.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

swickles posted:

If the Jags get Clowney, Hood will be that good. That could end up being a very good DL.

Either way, it'd be hard for him to be worse in the 4-3 than he was in the 3-4. ugh.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

4 games, plus he forfeits an additional 4 game checks.

So the question is, does that count bonus money? If not and it's just game checks, he's going to be looking for probably a 1 year prove it deal with a minimum salary and the rest in a modest signing bonus / incentives.

E: Durr, I missed it as well, yeah, full year next time he's suspended.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kalli posted:

4 games, plus he forfeits an additional 4 game checks.

So the question is, does that count bonus money? If not, he's going to be looking for probably a 1 year prove it deal with a minimum salary and the rest in a modest signing bonus / incentives.

Yeah, if that's the case, you would figure most teams would take a chance on him.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Goddammit, I wanted the Panthers to keep Ginn. Guess we just don't want any receivers who are actually productive.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

I knew what this was before I clicked on it. :shepicide:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Ginn signed with the Cards

3 years

Good thing they don't play the Jets this year

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I hope Wilfork isn't done. Even though he was part of the evil empire I always thought he was the man and he was in the best athlete commercial ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_x5V4Zgz3c

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

jeffersonlives posted:

I know y'all aren't going to want to admit it because of his name value and popularity, but Wilfork was dreadful and looked like a dude who was too hurt to be out there even before he blew his Achilles. He was a hell of a player for a long time before that, but the Patriots absolutely got improved interior line play from the generic replacement quality guys from what Wilfork was giving them very early in the season.

Still played better than Soppo.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So the only receiver left who has played in a Carolina offense is Brandon Lafell?

Why am I already having flashbacks to the 2010 Carolina season. Dear God, just give us one receiver. I would be okay with taking TO off the street. If you are trying to save money, let's see if we can pay Michael Irving in coke? Ochocinco has a head butt or two left in him. Could we trade for Rueben Randal or Donnie Avery? Jesus I'm desperate here, even Brandon Lafell would make me not have nightmares of a season with less than 1,000 yards passing.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bye Ginn, :unsmith: maybe the Panthers should aim real loving low and try to re-claim some formerly promising guys like Cribbs to be a returner and Britt to see if he can come back from being a useless turd last year - curious to see where Avant goes. Dudes never been spectacular but I think he'd do well somewhere like New England.

Speaking of which, sort of surprise Blount didn't get re-upped.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 13, 2014

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

BlindSite posted:

Bye Ginn, :unsmith: maybe the Panthers curious to see where Avant goes. Dudes never been spectacular but I think he'd do well somewhere like New England.

E: NVM, misread that

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

StarcraftM posted:

E: NVM, misread that

Ginn's in arizona dude, talking about Avant.

Edited my post so it didn't read like retard gibberish.

EDIT: fb

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

waah posted:

So the only receiver left who has played in a Carolina offense is Brandon Lafell?

Why am I already having flashbacks to the 2010 Carolina season. Dear God, just give us one receiver. I would be okay with taking TO off the street. If you are trying to save money, let's see if we can pay Michael Irving in coke? Ochocinco has a head butt or two left in him. Could we trade for Rueben Randal or Donnie Avery? Jesus I'm desperate here, even Brandon Lafell would make me not have nightmares of a season with less than 1,000 yards passing.

And to make matters worse, it sounds like Hakeem Nicks is getting away from us now. Of course, he was a lateral move at best with the release of Smitty, but I'd rather have Nicks than have Brandon loving LaFell be our big WR signing.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Captain Munnerlyn is signing a three-year deal with the #Vikings, per source.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

RumbleFish posted:

And to make matters worse, it sounds like Hakeem Nicks is getting away from us now. Of course, he was a lateral move at best with the release of Smitty, but I'd rather have Nicks than have Brandon loving LaFell be our big WR signing.

Yeah I wanted to make fun of you for being sad about Ginn but hell, someone has to take snaps for you.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I have a friend who loves the Panthers more than anyone else I know and I sent him a text that had two made up names and Tavarres King and asked him to guess who was the new starting wide receiver for the team if we played today.....he had no clue

I can't wait to see everyone pretend Cam is immature again because his team has no receivers at all (or secondary :suicide: )

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ari Nissim, ex-Jets FO guy, tweets that Jason Hatcher is going to the Redskins.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Vertical Lime posted:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Well, looks like Gettleman pissed everyone off. I guess I should go ahead and start saying my goodbyes to Cam and the Kraken.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Goddammit, why :smith:

Is Gettleman's plan to just nuke literally the entire roster? How does he expect to replace anybody?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Tommy Kelly restructured, freeing up $800k.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Vertical Lime posted:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Nice. Zygi Wilf and Bud Grant came in this afternoon to close the deal. Interested to see what the numbers are, but Munnerlyn is a nice step towards improving the secondary. He's a good slot corner who can play RCB in base defense, but I still think the Vikings will look to add another corner through the draft.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Yesssss. Not as sexy as Verner or DRC and he's not likely to be starting on the outside but I'm still excited for this move.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

RumbleFish posted:

Goddammit, why :smith:

Is Gettleman's plan to just nuke literally the entire roster? How does he expect to replace anybody?

Needs cap room to sign more RBs. Why bother with WRs or DBs when you can just run quintuple options all day and outscore everyone?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Dang. Bye Whitehurst. I like you a lot.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Coldforge posted:

Needs cap room to sign more RBs. Why bother with WRs or DBs when you can just run quintuple options all day and outscore everyone?

Greg Olsen as the only player running a downfield route in a 4 tackle, 1 TE, 1 HB, 1FB set.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

DangerKat posted:

Yesssss. Not as sexy as Verner or DRC and he's not likely to be starting on the outside but I'm still excited for this move.

The Vikings need all the secondary help that they can get and Munnerlyn is a nice step in the right direction. He's also considered be a good blitzer, which is something that Zimmer likes to do with his corners.

quote:

@RapSheet: Munnerlyn’s three-year #Vikings deal could be worth as much as $15M, per source.

The deal is a little more than I expected it to be, but I wonder if they had to pay a little more to keep him from visiting with other teams?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

What's the scoop on Cam Thomas, he's visiting with the Steelers tomorrow I guess. We need a backup NT since Al Woods left (or a new starter so McClendon can go back to DE).

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter now

Former Steelers LB LaMarr Woodley agreed to a two-year deal with the Oakland Raiders with a max value of $12 million dollars.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Roasted Donut posted:

What's the scoop on Cam Thomas, he's visiting with the Steelers tomorrow I guess. We need a backup NT since Al Woods left (or a new starter so McClendon can go back to DE).

Lots of talent, big dude, but really inconsistent. He's a good run stopper, not much in terms of pass rush up the middle. I think he'd be good with a DC like Labeau, and he's only like 27.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

ShakeZula posted:

Titans just signed Charlie Whitehurst, 2yrs, up to $8mil. Seems pretty steep for Whitehurst.

Little late, but that's not really that bad. $4 million a year is pretty much what it costs for a back-up QB these days (not counting guys who were drafted).

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Why? Do you hate football?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Hardly unexpected considering how much the other CBs have hauled in. Good sign. (drat it)

E: re Vikes signing the Captain.

• Locked thread