Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
They are KOs. Most obvious clue is the netting on Shrapnel's arm.

Still, at half the price it's not like they're half the quality. Well worth having in a Classics collection, I say.

More comparisons here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Keldroc posted:

They are KOs. Most obvious clue is the netting on Shrapnel's arm.

Still, at half the price it's not like they're half the quality. Well worth having in a Classics collection, I say.

More comparisons here.

Yeah, other than the really floppy shoulders on Bombshell, these guys seem pretty neat so far. Shrapnel's arms have a totally different pattern, those three bars don't come to a point at all, they just square off where they would begin to taper. The square sticker on the box is green for sure.

MinionOfCthulhu, I didn't get any extra weapons for anyone, Not-Shrapnel is wearing his pinwheel on his back. The instructions for Not-Bombshell show him using Not-Shrapnel's claws, perhaps that's what you're thinking? Or maybe you just got the real thing.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yeah, other than the really floppy shoulders on Bombshell, these guys seem pretty neat so far. Shrapnel's arms have a totally different pattern, those three bars don't come to a point at all, they just square off where they would begin to taper. The square sticker on the box is green for sure.

Actually if it's a real sticker, it's probably genuine. The KOs have the sticker printed on the box, while Fansproject always puts an actual physical sticker (red or green) on the box. So if the box has a real sticker on it, it's genuine and probably third-shift, not a KO.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu, I didn't get any extra weapons for anyone, Not-Shrapnel is wearing his pinwheel on his back. The instructions for Not-Bombshell show him using Not-Shrapnel's claws, perhaps that's what you're thinking? Or maybe you just got the real thing.

The real release came with a replacement weapon because the first one was breaking because of the tightness of that star piece.

Keldroc posted:

Actually if it's a real sticker, it's probably genuine. The KOs have the sticker printed on the box, while Fansproject always puts an actual physical sticker (red or green) on the box. So if the box has a real sticker on it, it's genuine and probably third-shift, not a KO.

Not true, the stickers/printed boxes were never indicators of KO vs 3rd Party original. The only real way to check is the obvious mold differences and the screws used in the figures.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

20% off and free shipping at Hasbrotoyshop with SPRING14

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Now you tell me this?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Now you tell me this?

Haha, I'm sorry! I just heard and I saw your post hours ago.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Yeah I got the real deals, two out of three for cheap when they were on sale on BBTS. They're cool though right? I want those vehicle retools to come out but they haven't said anything about them in a while.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Rage posted:

Not true, the stickers/printed boxes were never indicators of KO vs 3rd Party original. The only real way to check is the obvious mold differences and the screws used in the figures.

The stickers have always been what I've read as one of the key ways to tell, especially with an unopened item, along with blurry or low res picture printing on the box. The screws are not a reliable method, because sometimes the KO company will change the screw types to match if they notice people calling them out as a difference. Mold differences are the best option, obviously, but sometimes you can't open a figure and check before buying.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

The Rage posted:

poo poo, how long does this last? I can finally get a Metroplex for less than $100 but I can't afford it until the end of the month.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
So the comic is going in a direction that I'm rather enjoying.

Not the plot, no that's dumb, but I'm loving all the Autobots and Decepticons just singing and hanging out in Swerve's. Plus Megatron showing regret over the war, and the first sign of the old poet in eons. Then again, I guess the first real look back at him was back in Chaos Theory. Although it's only through recent developments that I now believe that he was just trying to rile Optimus Prime up to execute him because the old Megatron was still in there and sickened by what he'd become

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Just bought Rhinox and Whirl with the HTS coupon.

I figure double dealer is going to be the unpopular one that's easy to find.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've seen Rhinox in stores already. Haven't seen a single Doubledealer.

E: Blitzwings disappeared really fast where I live, too. Sandstorm's the shelfwarmer.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Grabbed a nice cheap Rhinox with that coupon.

Figure I can buy that floor wax with all the money I saved!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

The Rage posted:

Man I wish I knew that when I bought Rhinox, Whirl and Doubledealer off there yesterday.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

Man I wish I knew that when I bought Rhinox, Whirl and Doubledealer off there yesterday.

Customer service is very good there.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I saw a Doubledealer at Target when I saw Whirl, but I figured with all the problems with Blitzwing, he probably wasn't worth grabbing.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

Customer service is very good there, cancel rebuy maybe.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I love how at the end of MTMTE, the Ammonite Minicon set is front and center of the last page.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Endless Mike posted:

I love how at the end of MTMTE, the Ammonite Minicon set is front and center of the last page.

The comic really makes it hard to determine what's going to be a toy and what's not.

Because they have all of the Dinobots ever featured prominently and we still just have two voyager Grimlocks and a Deluxe Grimlock.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Endless Mike posted:

Also Arcee just got a new body because she has a toy sentimental reasons.

May I mention I still find it funny that transformers can't recognize robot women except when they notice they use weird made-up pronouns like "her" and "she" to refer to each other.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I love old man Megatron reflecting back on his life. I love how Prowl is falling on hard times and nobody but the constructicons like him. I hope they become his goons or something. I love how everybody's just partying down like there's no tomorrow.

I couldn't care less about Shockwave or Galvatron or the dudes stuck in an alternate dimension or any of their wacky space-time schenanigans. BLAH BLAH BLAH EITHER KILL EACHOTHER OR GET BACK TO THE CHARACTERS WORKING ON THEIR INTERRELATIONSHIPS.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I actually am intrigued by the notion that Shockwave could become Unicron. It seems less that he wants to be god but more that he wants to pull an Annihilus and destroy everything, which could all be deep seated anger from all the shadowplay and empurata that inverted him. Of course, I love the interpersonal relationships as well. VERY curious about how Megatron's going to play out. I love this book.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The problem with Unicron spoiler text is, like, where do you go from there?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

EVERYWHERE ELSE. If Shockwave becomes Cybertron becomes Unicron, ALL TRANSFORMERS BECOME LOST LIGHT STYLE VOYAGERS.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Mmmm. Pretty.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Oh my god, he has a fat kid face. I need to preorder him.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

RaspberryCommie posted:

So the comic is going in a direction that I'm rather enjoying.

Not the plot, no that's dumb, but I'm loving all the Autobots and Decepticons just singing and hanging out in Swerve's. Plus Megatron showing regret over the war, and the first sign of the old poet in eons. Then again, I guess the first real look back at him was back in Chaos Theory. Although it's only through recent developments that I now believe that he was just trying to rile Optimus Prime up to execute him because the old Megatron was still in there and sickened by what he'd become

I could buy the reflection and remorse and all that crud about Megatron if and only if that balls-stupid plot Barber knocked together -- you know, with the combiner insanity, and turning Prowl inside out (being diplomatic with that description), and working on flattening Iacon and drat the casualties, and somehow having the ability to make people who leave what passes for civilization go insane, and etc etc -- wasn't lying between the current events and the Chaos Theory flashback/the events in Chaos. As it is, given there seems to have been squat time between Megatron, Uber-Combiner And Conquerer Of Refugees and what we're getting now, the character whiplash feels stupid and painful.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

I wonder if there is some executive meddling going on with this, because Megatron also went good at the end of Transformers: Prime TV series. It just feels odd to have that thing happen in both the comic and the TV series.

Rung asking Swerve if he was going an impression on Blurr was cute. :3:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

The_Doctor posted:

Mmmm. Pretty.

He has the fat kit face, his arms are like those weird cheesy aluminum ducts for arms, he's so great. :3:

Also the latest issue of Dark Cybertron was pretty good.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
But mostly because this whole dark cybertron stupidity is coming to an end.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Silhouette posted:

Oh my god, he has a fat kid face.

Wanna see Batman-Trying-To-Smile from JL8 redrawn as Bee.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So this Bumblebee coming with Spike's/Daniel's exosuit, does this mean the Spike that came with MP-10 will fit in it? Or are we getting some new mini human figure to put in it.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The Rage posted:

So this Bumblebee coming with Spike's/Daniel's exosuit, does this mean the Spike that came with MP-10 will fit in it? Or are we getting some new mini human figure to put in it.

I will be shocked if the human is removable.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I will be shocked if the human is removable.

Oh I totally thought that thing was empty from the glare on the picture. My bad!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

That's a pretty flawless Bumblebee right there.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

This is what I call a good end to a war. The latest issue is the best Dark Cybertron issue.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The Rage posted:

Oh I totally thought that thing was empty from the glare on the picture. My bad!

I don't think you're necessarily wrong-- there's no way the arms and legs could go into their respective places, but maybe you wad the li'l guy up and stuff him in the main compartment? Still, I'll be shocked, that'd be quite a feature in an already feature-packed toy.

Guys I broke down and bought a Takara Rhinox and even after spending a premium to get my Hasbro version from BBTS and then this new even more expensive one from BBTS....I finally have one where the knees and hips don't completely ruin the experience. Back in 1999 $100 for a perfect factory-made Voyager-class Rhinox would've been amazing, what does 15 years REALLY matter....right....right? Guys?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Iced Cocoa posted:

This is what I call a good end to a war. The latest issue is the best Dark Cybertron issue.

The fact that this was not the ending to Dark of The Moon is the real tragedy here. It would have redeemed most of the faults right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Iced Cocoa posted:

No lie, I would be willing to read an entire comic dedicated to just these mismatched dudes in a bar hangin' out.