Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Awesome! posted:

seriouspost: can they line the cockpit with

so the pilots could at least see when they start to pitch or roll if they can't feel it themselves?

I asked.

Centripetal force says "lol no".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
http://instagram.com/p/lgEPhvuD0a/ THIS is how America deals with crashes, social media! (Plane just crashed today in Philadelphia)

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

rocket_man38 posted:

http://instagram.com/p/lgEPhvuD0a/ THIS is how America deals with crashes, social media! (Plane just crashed today in Philadelphia)

:fsmug:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

That string is going to go all over the cockpit as soon as they get up to speed. The only thing that can withstand those speeds is going to have to be way more durable.

Quoting, because God drat.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

what is that a airbus 320?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

moments before she was run over by a giant fire truck.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Powershift posted:

moments before she was run over by a giant fire truck.

i thought they claimed there was a lot of smoke, and dust and they couldn't see her?

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
Why don't they just attach the plane to a giant piece of string run between the airports? No way it could crash then.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Cannot Find Server posted:

I really can't see this being a thing. If the plane was really hijacked, we'd have surely heard about it from a passenger before the plane disappeared. Even ignoring that, if it was really hijacked to be used later, they'd have to hide and refuel a big-rear end plane, and in no way do I believe even the most connected of terrorist groups could possibly do that without being found out.

I'm going to stick to my gradual decompression theory.

not to mention that the jet is going to show up on radar systems if and when it would fly again, and would be intercepted by any nation's military within minutes. Well, maybe not Malaysia's

Knight Corgi
Jan 5, 2014
Are those people sociopaths or what.

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 1, 2015

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Knight Corgi posted:

My Plane Just Crashed, SOOOO?!!!!!

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

Cthulu Carl posted:

My Plane Just Crashed, SOOOO?!!!!!

Millennials man, the future!

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Knight Corgi posted:

No one even got hurt but those should certainly be ashamed of themselves for not treating a crash landing with the grim decorum it deserves.

Jacobeus
Jan 9, 2013
Hey, at least we know where that plane is, guys.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Knight Corgi posted:

They're probably just really, really bored. It's not like they can really go anywhere until the plane's been declared safe since their bags will be on it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jacobeus posted:

Hey, at least we know where that plane is, guys.

ok, then, where is it, smart guy?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Knight Corgi posted:

You retard, if your plane just crashed and nobody got hurt you'd probably take a pic too

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Powershift posted:

ok, then, where is it, smart guy?

Twitter, mostly.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Fallom posted:

You retard, if your plane just crashed and nobody got hurt you'd probably take a pic too

To be fair, surviving a plane crash is pretty badass.

Knight Corgi
Jan 5, 2014

Fallom posted:

I'd probably be too happy for my spared life and I'd be kissing everybody (on the cheeks).

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Dumbfucks shouldn't post it online, they should sell them to newspapers.
Brother witnessed a car getting burned out at the height of the usual Northern Ireland yearly riots and sold the pic to the Irish News newspaper for 100 euros as it was used on the front page the next day.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

SynthOrange posted:

As a Malaysian citizen it's positively embarassing yet not unexpected to see our officials bumbling around like idiots all the time. Only this time the rest of the world gets to have a look too.

I was in Malaysia during your elections last this time last year, if the political TV ads were anything to go by - good luck!

PS: Lovely country, lovely people but funny government.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

happyhippy posted:

Dumbfucks shouldn't post it online, they should sell them to newspapers.
Brother witnessed a car getting burned out at the height of the usual Northern Ireland yearly riots and sold the pic to the Irish News newspaper for 100 euros as it was used on the front page the next day.

Well they could still do that, putting it online doesn't mean the newspapers have the rights to the photo.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
So this is why the US says the plane flew for 4 more hours and Malaysia was refuting it:

AP posted:

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — A Malaysia Airlines plane sent signals to a satellite for four hours after the aircraft went missing, an indication that it was still flying for hundreds of miles or more, a U.S. official briefed on the search said Thursday.

Six days after the plane with 239 people aboard disappeared, Malaysian authorities expanded their search westward toward India, saying the aircraft may have flown for several hours after its last contact with the ground shortly after takeoff from Kuala Lumpur for Beijing.

A string of previous clues about Flight MH370 have led nowhere.

"MH370 went completely silent over the open ocean," said Malaysia's acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein. "This is a crisis situation. It is a very complex operation, and it is not obviously easy. We are devoting all our energies to the task at hand."

The U.S. official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to discuss the situation by name, said the Boeing 777-200 wasn't transmitting data to the satellite, but was instead sending out a signal to establish contact.

Boeing offers a satellite service that can receive a stream of data during flight on how the aircraft is functioning and relay the information to the plane's home base. The idea is to provide information before the plane lands on whether maintenance work or repairs are needed.

Malaysia Airlines didn't subscribe to that service, but the plane still had the capability to connect with the satellite and was automatically sending pings, the official said.

"It's like when your cellphone is off but it still sends out a little 'I'm here' message to the cellphone network," the official said. "That's how sometimes they can triangulate your position even though you're not calling because the phone every so often sends out a little bleep. That's sort of what this thing was doing."

The plane had enough fuel to fly about four more hours, the U.S. official said.

Boeing did not comment.

This keeps on getting weirder and weirder.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

beep boop im a plane

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
A reminder that the air france 447 investigation took over 2 years to find the flight recorders (and over a hundred missing passengers still strapped to their seats) about 14000 feet deep in the atlantic ridge.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Three Olives posted:

So this is why the US says the plane flew for 4 more hours and Malaysia was refuting it:

This keeps on getting weirder and weirder.

The source seems wrong. I believe that the automated engine reports come in via HF radio, not via satellite. At least, they do for Airbus planes.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

i don't think its too strange that boeing knew it was dumping chemtrails over indonesia and the malaysian government didn't

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I wonder if the ghost plane is posting on the forums right now :spooky:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

bobfather posted:

The source seems wrong. I believe that the automated engine reports come in via HF radio, not via satellite. At least, they do for Airbus planes.

This is a Boeing specific service, I assume it's somewhat like car telematics where it comes with the car and even if you aren't subscribed to the service it's still checking in every so often to see if you subscribed.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Rad Russian posted:

For FOUR hours? Must have been a hell of a blowjob. The arrangement for the skeezys must have been to give blowjobs to everyone on the plane, starting with first class and then moving down.

More like 20 minutes of working them over with booze, then 15 of beezys, then about 3 hours of "poo poo where are we?"

E:

doomisland posted:

nutted, but she still sucking *crashes plane*

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 14, 2014

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I bet the pilots accidentally locked themselves out of the cockpit, but were too embarrassed to admit it so just hid in the bathroom.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Been sitting on the runway in Philly for the last hour because US Airways crash. They only have one runway open for takeoffs. But I'm on Virgin which is not a horrible shitbox, so my seat is nice and I have free TV at least.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Ka0 posted:

A reminder that the air france 447 investigation took over 2 years to find the flight recorders (and over a hundred missing passengers still strapped to their seats) about 14000 feet deep in the atlantic ridge.

What happens to a body after a plane crash into the ocean like that? I mean I've seen the worst stuff on the net so I dont think a bloated plane crash victim would bother me, let alone what's left after 2 years in the ocean

must be one in some sort of academic paper or something

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

skeleton airways

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Drunk & Ugly posted:

What happens to a body after a plane crash into the ocean like that? I mean I've seen the worst stuff on the net so I dont think a bloated plane crash victim would bother me, let alone what's left after 2 years in the ocean

in short,

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster

Drunk & Ugly posted:

it gets eaten immediately pretty much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Drunk & Ugly posted:

Fish eat it, generally.

• Locked thread