Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

LEGO Genetics posted:

Is the birthsign pack with chocolate pack really that good? I've been using BAMF (Birthsigns are more Fun) mod for ages now.

none of them are like crazy good but they all have things that make you nod and go "hey i might take that" before clicking atronach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Morrowind owns

You can't spell Morrowind without own

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Shoehead posted:

You can't spell Morrowind without own

Morrowind owins????

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoeIaYkc0Do

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Hog Butcher posted:

chocolate morrowind is back

How does it compare to MO in terms of installation/setup? I've been happy w/ MO but those screenshots make me want to give it a try.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

count_von_count posted:

How does it compare to MO in terms of installation/setup? I've been happy w/ MO but those screenshots make me want to give it a try.

it takes three minutes if you have wrye mash already installed

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
I'll bet the Tribunal could eat two dozen large Kwama eggs.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

eat the eggs vivec

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I think Skyrim may win the eating game. My favorite review talks about the main character as a bodiless all-devouring void, stopping time to flick leaping salmon out of reality and down their bottomless gullet.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Don't forget harvesting a season's worth of crops in a matter of seconds and devouring it all instantly

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Chum Scandal posted:

eat the eggs vivec

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

smashmouth actually eating the eggs was the second most surreal internet bullshit thing i can think of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7liYfhRgXGk

this is the first

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

garth ferengi posted:

smashmouth actually eating the eggs was the second most surreal internet bullshit thing i can think of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7liYfhRgXGk

this is the first

dr. thorpe sending pitbull to alaska

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

fucj

Pyraen
Feb 20, 2009
Just beat Morrowind for the first time, thanks to this thread. Wowee.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pyraen posted:

Just beat Morrowind for the first time, thanks to this thread. Wowee.

was it FUN and IMMERSIVE nerevar?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

he wasnt the nerevarnar

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Doc Hawkins posted:

I think Skyrim may win the eating game. My favorite review talks about the main character as a bodiless all-devouring void, stopping time to flick leaping salmon out of reality and down their bottomless gullet.

the nerevarine can create an infinite supply of yams, buy them for a profit, eat a million at once, and come out of it smarter

nerevarine can buy every bottle of liquor in the world and down it at once, and come out of it strong enough to punch the planet in half

Pyraen
Feb 20, 2009

Mortimer posted:

was it FUN and IMMERSIVE nerevar?

More immersive than shouting and slashing my entire way through as the dragon born. Violence isn't always the best solution, Bethesda :saddowns:
The fact that EVERYTHING wasn't voice acted made the game much better, the lines you DO hear a million times feel more genuine that those in Skyrim and Oblivion :sterv:. I think voice acting is ruining modern RPGs, damnit. So much money spent on a mediocre addition to the game. Also, why arn't there more quests that can be solved with more than just violence or fetching some stupidly specific item?

Now excuse me as I try not to trip over the pile of artifacts in my room on the way out.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Pyraen posted:

Now excuse me as I try not to trip over the pile of artifacts in my room on the way out.

This but irl

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pyraen posted:

Also, why arn't there more quests that can be solved with more than just violence or fetching some stupidly specific item?

I hope you don't think morrowind was great in this regard, as that is literally 90% of the quests.

also vivec even says "reach heaven by violence", checkmate false incarnate :c00l:

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Mortimer posted:

I hope you don't think morrowind was great in this regard, as that is literally 90% of the quests.

also vivec even says "reach heaven by violence", checkmate false incarnate :c00l:

Just by playing normally I got over half of the imperial cult quest items taken care of without even getting the actual quest.

I just wish the boots of the apostle had a better enchantment on them, 20-30 levitate for 30 seconds it pretty weak for some ancient artifact of great power. Especially when the boots of blinding speed and a constant effect levitate belt lets you fly around just as fast permanently.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
At least Boots of the Apostle have good armor on them. Best light armor boots in the game, IIRC.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

SunAndSpring posted:

At least Boots of the Apostle have good armor on them. Best light armor boots in the game, IIRC.

I should probably just fire up the editor and change the enchantment on the BoTA to +200 speed and be done with it. Not that anything can even come close to killing me, 100% chameleon means everyone just stands around and is actually willing to talk even if they're normally hostile.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Minarchist posted:

I should probably just fire up the editor and change the enchantment on the BoTA to +200 speed and be done with it. Not that anything can even come close to killing me, 100% chameleon means everyone just stands around and is actually willing to talk even if they're normally hostile.

This was a cool thing about Morrowind that I don't think the other two games didn't even try for

Oblivion either gives you a blank dialogue box with "Goodbye." to anyone you're not supposed to be talking to or blinks like you're activating a switch and I think Skyrim worked the same way

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

6th House members actually had dialogue if you used chameleon or calm creature/humanoid. That was a nice touch, shame they had to do voice acting for every line of dialogue in the later games.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
I started a game using a suggestion earlier: pick a terrible NPC class and go with it. So far my Farmer has been using Blunt and Unarmored in combat and Speechcraft elsewhere. I've also picked up Illusion and Block from the ground up, and I'm dumping one attribute bump every level into Luck to even things out a bit. It's a lot of fun, though I've realized that there aren't a lot of good 1H blunt weapons.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
morrowind more like scrubbowind haha

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Hog Butcher posted:

the nerevarine can create an infinite supply of yams, buy them for a profit, eat a million at once, and come out of it smarter

nerevarine can buy every bottle of liquor in the world and down it at once, and come out of it strong enough to punch the planet in half

what if the heroes of every game fought what then

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Doc Hawkins posted:

what if the heroes of every game fought what then

nerevarine would eat them and gain paltry alchemy effects unless the ultima 7 avatar hackmoved the nerevarine into their inventory or the game crashed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1BTDXKDgug here's another abomination

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I meant every elder scrolls, but your idea is good!

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Daggerfall hero would just have his giant robot smash everything until the MW hero console killed it with chim.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
as far as i can tell from not being insane enough to write for bethesda, the daggerfall hero existed in 7 places at once, could climb out of reality at will by pressing against a wall at a 90 degree angle, and cloned numidium all over the place

the real reason the dwemer left the realm was so they didn't have to figure out dragon breaks. i'm bored enough to play morroblivion and i don't want to think about it too much

edit: i posted them earlier in the thread but daggerfall's patch notes are amazing

skeletons no longer moonwalk
werewolves no longer infect you with a disease that makes you turn into a boar
enemies are now capable of equipping items

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

The numidium can only be controlled by someone descended from Tiber Septim, that's why at the end of Daggerfall the hero can't just climb on his shoulder and go all johnny sokko

e: he could speak like 12 languages though, thats canon

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hog Butcher posted:

skeletons no longer moonwalk

Hope they fixed that eventually.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Hog Butcher posted:

as far as i can tell from not being insane enough to write for bethesda, the daggerfall hero existed in 7 places at once, could climb out of reality at will by pressing against a wall at a 90 degree angle, and cloned numidium all over the place

Yeah but climbing out of reality tended to kill her via falling death, or at least leave her trapped in the void which was probably also somehow namiras deadric realm in lore that will be revealed in the next big thing from the drunk guy who wrote morrowinds lore.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
http://tes.ag.ru/dagger/files/patched.txt

there were two programs that came with the game that existed entirely to fix broken maps and saves and had to be patched regularly to not be broken.

there's an unofficial patch that fixes a specific bug where acrobatics trainers instead teach you orcish

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Yeah but climbing out of reality tended to kill her via falling death, or at least leave her trapped in the void which was probably also somehow namiras deadric realm in lore that will be revealed in the next big thing from the drunk guy who wrote morrowinds lore.

i loving love these broken pile of poo poo games

edit (the best ones):
Illegally bashing down doors no longer gives you a revered legal
reputation when you are caught.

You will no longer start the game with negative spell points after
you created your character. The problem with the negative hit points
still exists however.

* Equipping the Wabberjack no longer crashes the game.

* Starting a spell name with $ and ! no longer reduces the spell cost.

Arrows no longer wrap around to 0 when you get more than 200 of them.

* You can now identify items when the holiday allows it.

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 14, 2014

Dec 26, 2012

these patch notes are great

quote:

Illegally bashing down doors no longer gives you a revered legal
reputation when you are caught.

e;fb

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Look daggerXL is going to be out any day now and then you'll see, you'll all see!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Hog Butcher posted:

nerevarine would eat them and gain paltry alchemy effects unless the ultima 7 avatar hackmoved the nerevarine into their inventory or the game crashed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1BTDXKDgug here's another abomination

That looks great!

Too bad it won't play great.

• Locked thread