Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Has Goonwaffe got a faction warfare corporation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

DSauer posted:

Fweddit I think is pretty goon friendly. Doesn't really matter much though if you're just blitzing missions, can just put the alt in whatever NPC corp and make dosh.

pugnax fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 14, 2014

tuzy2k
Sep 17, 2007

Kheldragar posted:

Moomin the meany is awesome. :colbert:

Moomin is great.

Also he's in Thunderwaffe now, not enli anymore.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

DSauer posted:

There is a faction warfare thread in Home Economics, and I believe there are some people there that have a corporation for faction warfare. There is no truly "official" Goonwaffe faction warfare corporation though.

Kjep64
Oct 3, 2013

Coffee. Cigarettes. Beer. Kimchi. Ingest.

DSauer posted:

pugnax posted:

Fweddit I think is pretty goon friendly. Doesn't really matter much though if you're just blitzing missions, can just put the alt in whatever NPC corp and make dosh.

I Whip My Slaves Back and Forth, or J4LP (heh), or Fweddit is all blue. As for what they do, I really couldn't tell ya and going to assume pugnax is correct, or at least partially correct as the ticker is J4LP.. wonder what that means..

I have seen more of Fweddit bros in nullsec battles, don't think I've seen anyone else from that alliance.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Fweddit is amazingly chill and not loving horrible for a reddit based corp.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

hemophilia posted:

I don't even consider Fweddit, Reddit.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

vyst posted:

Aren't there goons in their leadership? Either way I only think of them as reddit because I know they have the subreddit and it's in their name, but culturally and functionally I'd probably agree with you.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I'm terribly sorry for fweddit's name and I never should have suggested it

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Bok bok isn't particularly funny but "be classy" is hilariously embarrassing because of how fedoraish it sounds and how hard people convince themselves that they're having fun.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Doublestep posted:

I'm terribly sorry for fweddit's name and I never should have suggested it

Nah the name is alright, they're roleplaying Amarrian slavers or some poo poo.

Phobophilia posted:

Bok bok isn't particularly funny but "be classy" is hilariously embarrassing because of how fedoraish it sounds and how hard people convince themselves that they're having fun.

He was talking about I Whip My Slaves Back And Forth <IWHIP>, FWeddit's executor corp.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

Goonfleet's swarm propaganda is pretty ridiculous, too. It turns out that ridiculous propaganda still works.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, SniggWaffe made some silly vid of our recent love of hisec ganking and our "jihad on ratters" etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEy02MFWxU4

It gets put on r/eve and whatever, people like and dislike it.

Then there is this wonderful angry post.

quote:

You know why I hate the good majority of this game? Because a huge percentage of the population just wants to play the game, while a sizable minority (But large enough to be a problem) tries so desperately to basically be the biggest cocksuckers in space this side of Xenuria's bedroom.

Party A wants to have fun, shoot NPC's, run missions, collect loot, make things, move things around, make ISK, and basically just do their thing.

Party B wants to get drunk, blob together in kitchen sink fleets, and shoot everything with a player ID attached to it.

Like I get it, EVE is a sandbox and sandboxes have sand and if you don't like having sand in your eyes/underwear get the gently caress out of the sandbox, and that's fine, but we're in our own corner of the sandbox, away from the rest of you, away from your space/territory, giving you like %97 of the loving sandbox to play in. Why can't you leave our little corner alone? Why do you have to form huge loving jihad fleets to come and kill us? For fun?

Stop trying to justify it with "it's a game" or "You consent to PVP by undocking" and other useless pedantic rabble; You're assholes, you play like assholes, you act like assholes, you poo poo up local like assholes, you attack indiscriminately like assholes, and you brag about it and chortle with your mates like assholes and post huge walls of text about the "delicious tears" you get from people like me who actually give a poo poo when a ship goes pop, because you are assholes.

YOU are ruining the game. This game wasn't made to be an rear end in a top hat's playground. If I remember correctly that game went by the name of "Call of Duty".

Not all of us have the free time to form huge player alliances, forge powerful friendships, create corporations, etc. Some of us after getting home from work or getting a couple hours away from the family want to just go mine, or shoot some red crosses or move some poo poo around... And here you faggots are, huge kitchen sink blob sitting on a highsec gate waiting for anyone who gets your little communal cock hard enough to jump to the gate so you can gank them.

You're assholes, Snigg. Assholes. Not content-creators, not elite PVPers. Assholes.

You're the kids who'd run around the playground beating up the nerds and kids who brought toys to school.

Assholes.

And you're the biggest reason why I am leaving the game.

I don't even think it was one of our victims. Just some dude who was super bitter about having been killed at one point by someone.

Then Jeffraider finds out and goes "I'm framing this", the reply:

quote:

You're the biggest loving human being of them all. God I hated TEST when your rear end came prancing into our Jabber/Mumble. The only reason why anyone pays attention to you is because you have a loud annoying voice and you occasionally say something funny, so that prevents the autists that populate 90% of big bloc alliances from getting too sick of you.

And it goes on, and on. I forgot how much delight comes from a public meltdown.

hemophilia posted:

I used to have a FW alt in Fweddit. They're good people.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was just linked to a piece of goonfleet history. Here it is for everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BUDDd4rU9Y

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

Fweddits hotdrop gang "Bokops" is the most :shobon: thing.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Rhymenoserous posted:

Fweddits hotdrop gang "Bokops" is the most :shobon: thing.

That is adorable. :allears:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Oh wow I just went and read that thread on r/eve and that guy is really loving mad. If I ever got that upset about a video game I'd probably re-evaluate my life and I'm 100% sure I've had ship losses that meant more to me than he has.

RIP Hang Time: The year old constantly flown Sabre :smith:

Vatek posted:

That is adorable. :allears:

I know right!

Topgoon helped them drop on a few guys when we were in Delve.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Space Chikun still around? I heard he raged quit :(

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Uba Stij posted:

Is Space Chikun still around? I heard he raged quit :(

He was pretty tightly wound for being a levelheaded dude, he snapped a couple months back and just quit EVE altogether. I think there were some personal issues between him and the other directors of fweddit as well.

Kjep64
Oct 3, 2013

Ah, it's been a little while since I've seen good carebear tears, thank you.

We all know how you're supposed to play Eve. Carebears don't, for the most part. And that's why they die and it's so funny. They think we're just assholes when in reality it was entirely their fault; maybe that's why they get so mad? Hey, pretty sure if I were to mission in highsec and some random player shows up, I'm docking.

I used to gank Exhumers for profit before the salvage nerf. I would get all sorts of angry tears. People just couldn't believe that I would want to kill their precious internet spaceship for any reason. On average I made 35-40m/isk a gank. Sometimes I would get lucky, gank a handful of Exhumers and each salvage would drop x3 Intact Armor plates and they used to go for around +20m/isk a piece at the time.

Paid the bills and was very fun.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

vyst posted:

I have an alt in Fweddit for doing FW stuff when I feel like doing that. The feeling I get from talking to them is very similar to jokes about how "There's a front page?" Only it's more "What's reddit?"

Iriquois
Jun 6, 2013

Uba Stij posted:

Angry carebear :words:

Jesus Christ, how many ships does somebody have to lose to gankers without learning the basic warning signs to become this bitter?

Bean Head
Feb 22, 2014

Uba Stij posted:

Stuff etc.

Hitting d-scan every few minutes and looking for thrashers and catalysts is super hard work and involves the person actually looking at the screen. That reaction is the exact reason why I and so many others leave our null sec hovels and head to look for people to prey on, I've never looked at it with a profit motive in the slightest it's all about fun. A simple gf in local and no tears and I guarantee you those of us who gank for fun would get bored and find something else to pick on.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Bean Head posted:

Hitting d-scan every few minutes and looking for thrashers and catalysts is super hard work and involves the person actually looking at the screen. That reaction is the exact reason why I and so many others leave our null sec hovels and head to look for people to prey on, I've never looked at it with a profit motive in the slightest it's all about fun. A simple gf in local and no tears and I guarantee you those of us who gank for fun would get bored and find something else to pick on.

I did my first hisec suicide gank the other day and it blew my mind that people would sit there with a 30 man local spoke... Thrashers and catalysts on dscan.... And just like, keep orbiting away in their orca.

EmoRage
Mar 9, 2014

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU

:smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:
I'm ex-IGNE just got back form a long break how do I apply (lost my SA account also) yes I'm a spy, now let me in

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

EmoRage posted:

I'm ex-IGNE just got back form a long break how do I apply (lost my SA account also) yes I'm a spy, now let me in

Have no idea who you are. Also, everyone is a spy so you need to come up with a new special snowflake trait.

EmoRage
Mar 9, 2014

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU

:smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:

orange juche posted:

Have no idea who you are. Also, everyone is a spy so you need to come up with a new special snowflake trait.

You should know well that IGNE is all BOB/kenzoku spys. Maybe I can shot you a in game mail?

Bean Head
Feb 22, 2014

causticBeet posted:

I did my first hisec suicide gank the other day and it blew my mind that people would sit there with a 30 man local spoke... Thrashers and catalysts on dscan.... And just like, keep orbiting away in their orca.

Agreed. It shows you the mindset of the common high sec dweller that they feel they're entitled to make everyone else play the game their way all the while feeling they're qualified to pontificate about game mechanics and things in game they've little to no experience of or desire to gain experience in. On one gank I and a few others surrounded a mining ship and sat there until 10 minutes later when he looked up to warp to station to unload his ice and then we shot him, he didn't even look in between cycles to see what was going on.

So they'll carry on losing 120 mil mining ships simply because d-scan is a super hard tool to use and understand and tanking skills are obviously for plebs. The most truly ironic thing is they'd be safer moving to null and getting in a standing fleet than just soloing a few rocks in high sec.

Not Female
Sep 17, 2006
What the name implies.
Police Pursuit Comet gimmick fleets are now in full swing http://www.twitch.tv/aquilae1/b/510906168?t=97m45s

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Not Female posted:

Police Pursuit Comet gimmick fleets are now in full swing http://www.twitch.tv/aquilae1/b/510906168?t=97m45s

This is why you shouldn't smuggle contraband through Deklein. What 'cha gonna do, what 'cha gonna do when they come for you :sun:

E: the loving local chat is delicious! I am laughing so hard at the Goon PD gimmick.

"Sir, your plates came back hot, please report the the 8s28 gate for questioning"

orange juche fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Mar 14, 2014

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

haha that is literally what I envisioned.

"HALT, Up against the wall. Don't Resist, STOP RESISTING... OH GOD HE'S RESISTING BRING HIM DOWN

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Ice Fist posted:

haha that is literally what I envisioned.

"HALT, Up against the wall. Don't Resist, STOP RESISTING... OH GOD HE'S RESISTING BRING HIM DOWN

"Halt at the gate and stand dow... He's targeting me!!!! He's targeting me!!!" *pew pew* "oh my bad, that was one of you guys, that one is on me."

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Virigoth posted:

"Halt at the gate and stand dow... He's targeting me!!!! He's targeting me!!!" *pew pew* "oh my bad, that was one of you guys, that one is on me."

There better be some "turn in your badge and weapon" posts where good cops go rogue. :colbert:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

If I had the equipment, time, and artistic vision I'd totally make a short documentary on being part of the GPD for a recruiting video. If anyone who has these skills needs an actor, let me know.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wanna be a Space cop.

Kjep64
Oct 3, 2013

Not Female posted:

That is one of the best streamed Eve videos I've seen in awhile. So many good times to be had with this.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

EmoRage posted:

Kindly leave.

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
Now I have a reason to train gallente for the police comet?!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kjep64 posted:

Ah, it's been a little while since I've seen good carebear tears, thank you.

We all know how you're supposed to play Eve. Carebears don't, for the most part. And that's why they die and it's so funny. They think we're just assholes when in reality it was entirely their fault; maybe that's why they get so mad? Hey, pretty sure if I were to mission in highsec and some random player shows up, I'm docking.

I used to gank Exhumers for profit before the salvage nerf. I would get all sorts of angry tears. People just couldn't believe that I would want to kill their precious internet spaceship for any reason. On average I made 35-40m/isk a gank. Sometimes I would get lucky, gank a handful of Exhumers and each salvage would drop x3 Intact Armor plates and they used to go for around +20m/isk a piece at the time.

Paid the bills and was very fun.

We started to do it just for fun and to piss in someones cheerios. Then we got serious about grabbing juicy kills to salvage but also go "oh there's a mining fleet? they're not allowed to mine in our district" and go off and kill them with Thrashers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

darthzeta88 posted:

Now I have a reason to train gallente for the police comet?!
Nah. The PPC is not for Gallente haters.

• Locked thread