Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Why is SHIELD hacking their own code?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Mister Macys posted:

Do they always post updates in character? :iamafag:

Usually, yes.

CaptainScraps posted:

Ahahahahah it costs 600 coins to upgrade the alliance from 5 to 6.

Wow, thats crazy, especially as you can't give other players HCs.

squirreltactic
Sep 17, 2003

CaptainScraps posted:

I'm almost done hoarding cover slots so I was thinking about starting an alliance and slowly adding goon spots to it. 600 HP? NOOOOOPE.

Have the devs even announced things that the alliance might be good for in the future?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Nick Fury has new cutscene faces!

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Why is SHIELD hacking their own code?

Are you questioning SHIELD's methods, son? That sounds like something a Skrull would say...

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CaptainScraps posted:

What a bargain! Please make room for us.

The ISO and HP prices in this game are our of whack. Yes, let me spend 250 bucks to max a single 3-star character*

*Covers not included.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
IceIX posted on the official forum that it is 600 for the first extra slot, 700 for the next, and so on adding 100 each time to a maximum of 20 slots. That's 19500 hero points for a full alliance.

He said that it is subject to change and there may be more hero points given on an alliance reward basis but that's an insane cost.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Think of the possibilities...

New Event! Only 20-member alliances allowed!

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

squirreltactic posted:

Have the devs even announced things that the alliance might be good for in the future?

Rewards based on the combined scores of alliance members, as I recall. Having more members clearly gives an advantage there.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Sefer posted:

Rewards based on the combined scores of alliance members, as I recall. Having more members clearly gives an advantage there.

See? It's an investment!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Well at least the rewards aren't IM40 for the latest tournament.

It's Hood again

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
A Storm lightning strike gave me this pretty pattern of blacks.

Would love to get a blue hood, but gently caress trying for top 10 with a level 28 BP.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Largepotato posted:

Would love to get a blue hood, but gently caress trying for top 10 with a level 28 BP.

Likewise, I only have 3 yellow hood covers and I'm super envious of the people that get free AP from Dormamu.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Sefer posted:

Likewise, I only have 3 yellow hood covers and I'm super envious of the people that get free AP from Dormamu.

I actually got a blue Hood from a token a while back, but rank 1 only steals purple AP so it's not that useful for me yet. Plus Dormammu is kind of a dick. :v:

Also holy poo poo I actually came in 1st place in my Hood tourney bracket and got a second Invisible Woman cover. :banjo:

Edit: I opened the 50 standard tokens I had been holding onto. I got an assload of Juggernauts, strangely, but also a Yellow Thor, 25 HP, a blue CMagneto, a green CStorm, a yellow Wolvie, a blue IM40, and a red Hulk. Not bad at all.

Arschlochkind fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 12, 2014

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I had a look at the leaders of Hulk event and the current leader, Temrod, doesn't even have a good team.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God dammit, I just need 2 more each of Yellow and Blue for the Hood, and I'm getting one Yellow in a week or so from the Daily. If I can manage to place Top 5, like I did the last tournament that gave 'im out, then I just need to spend 1250 on one Blue Cover to max out his useful skills.

Sadly my Black Panther is poo poo, and even worse, I only have his Yellow and not his Black.

Ah, well. At least I live in Korea and can get into the easier time zones.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Sure am glad I updated, I was getting sick of having all those event missions. I hope they come back up for me soon, I could use that 2000 ISO reward tier. OBW is almost 85. Then maybe I'll push Patch up above 85. At least I had a bit of a lucky streak with standard tokens; finally got Classic Magneto's red and another Iron Man Model 40 red, too.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Finally got my 12th OBW cover. I'm kicking myself because I actually sold one or two covers before respecing was announced because I thought it would screw up my build to use them, and then I just haven't gotten any of her covers since then.

Just need one more blue so I can heal on levels with minions with countdowns...

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Sefer posted:

Finally got my 12th OBW cover. I'm kicking myself because I actually sold one or two covers before respecing was announced because I thought it would screw up my build to use them, and then I just haven't gotten any of her covers since then.

Just need one more blue so I can heal on levels with minions with countdowns...

I've just straight up sold her purple covers since I've gotten 3 because it effectively gimps her, level increase or not.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I never realized that and just leveled it up all the way to 5 on MBW. At least now I'll know better.

Also, not only have all the Events disappeared off the face of the earth, I can't even redeem tokens either. Which is odd, because a few hours ago nothing was wrong and I didn't download any new updates since then.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
My maxed out Ares is a beast in PvP when teamed up with a midlevel OBW. I've been breaking even or gaining points every time. Far from the days of dropping 200 points overnight.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I've just straight up sold her purple covers since I've gotten 3 because it effectively gimps her, level increase or not.
5 Purple makes her able to completely shut down enemy Widows, plus -4AP is a more significant setback than -3AP and the extra cost isn't really that noticeable because of it. The major issue is that you have to give up either healing while cooldown tiles are out or double-dipping strike tiles to do so, both of which are really powerful abilities.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

5 Purple makes her able to completely shut down enemy Widows, plus -4AP is a more significant setback than -3AP and the extra cost isn't really that noticeable because of it. The major issue is that you have to give up either healing while cooldown tiles are out or double-dipping strike tiles to do so, both of which are really powerful abilities.

Countdown tiles can be given up if you don't plan on using her in pve (which would be silly but hey) and double dipping can be given up without any real loss if you pair her up with 3* heroes who use black blue and purple, like punisher/magneto/spiderman/psylocke/black panther/etc.

Basically you should make 3 obws.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Ghostlight posted:

She naturally shuts down enemy Widows with Espionage and if they have purple AP in pocket it only takes her two matches to use Recon. In PvE this usually means the difference between eating a quick lvl 230 Headbutt and being able to start your own AP bank from having eaten up theirs. In PvP this means that they have to worry about denying Widow her purples right away or risk losing 3 of everything else. Anything more than rank 3 Recon really doesn't do jack in PvP defense.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Espionage can slow down enemy Widows, but it relies on them not matching purples because it only takes 1/3rd of a match and they're stealing exactly the same right back next time. If you get to 11 first, which is easy on offense, then they have no purple at all and even better them getting purples doesn't mean an eventual steal but a discount on your own steals. It's far easier to just counter-match reds yourself to prevent low-cost nukes and save for your own than to rely on 2-3 purple matches that will set them back a single match while minorly charging your own moves.

5 Purple means never having to worry about denying 3 Purple Widows because you slow them down far more than they slow you.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
I just can't bring myself to put OBWs purple to higher than 3. Not just because of the AP cost but her black is amazing at 5 and I really can't see myself lowering her heal ability any.

Also on defense, having the cost at 8 is dangerous to the opponent, any higher and her purple may as will not exist.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

I'm a little burnt out from the Hulk event. It's too many days, I have to play too much to do well. I just don't care that much anymore.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That's pretty much my assessment of long events. They really need to be a week at most.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Friendly Fire posted:

I just can't bring myself to put OBWs purple to higher than 3. Not just because of the AP cost but her black is amazing at 5 and I really can't see myself lowering her heal ability any.

Also on defense, having the cost at 8 is dangerous to the opponent, any higher and her purple may as will not exist.

Once you get a useful amazing spiderman, her blue will become largely useless. Doom also makes her blue a liability. Now that we can respec, you'll have the option of moving away from OBWs blue 5. And yeah, purple 5 is slower to start, but once you get it going its easier to sustain for repeated uses.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If you have a useful Amazing Spiderman then it really doesn't matter if you use OBW or not.

Doom's ability to remove all blues makes anyone's blue ability a liability.

Purple at 5 in a game based on chance and luck will punish you more often than not by not providing enough opportunities to reach 11 AP before something horrible happens.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

messagemode1 posted:

I'm a little burnt out from the Hulk event. It's too many days, I have to play too much to do well. I just don't care that much anymore.

That was my problem as well and why I quit. I found myself just grinding and grinding, some in the morning and then some in the afternoon to score anything. Then the funbalancing was just the last straw. After I ground out all that poo poo they are nerfing it? Never mind they should have done it, because we all know they should of, its just the point.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
You get as many points playing for a few hours at the end of each segment as you do playing in intervals. I easily get top 20 playing through the episode and grinding the select banked ones 2 1/2 hours before it all ends. This is from someone with a Black Panther to work with so keep that in mind.

Gregorio
Aug 9, 2010
Joined Goon Squad if that is anyone from this thread. In game as Grewhorio, saw that one of the next events had rewards for alliances only?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Used the heroic token I won, got Bag-Man. :toot:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Used heroic token, got green punisher.

Of course my Punisher was 4/4/5 and only 5.5k points from the 160k green punisher that I had needed to respec him as 3/5/5 anyway.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Punisher's really drat useful. Tanky and hitty all in one package. Plus finishing off enemies with that red is pretty neat.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

SynthOrange posted:

Punisher's really drat useful. Tanky and hitty all in one package. Plus finishing off enemies with that red is pretty neat.

Not so useful when you have gotten over 20 of the drat covers since his release though.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Joined Hired Goonz. I'm pretty sure I know some of the names in there.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
So Fearless Defenders event starts today, with "alliance only rewards" noted on the news screen.
Anyone heard any more information than that yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Lurker who joined Goonz. Hope that's actually made by one of you folks.