Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
galil>ump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Apogee15 posted:

galil>ump

For real. :cool::respek::cool:

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

astr0man posted:

Zwiftef even at "your level" you will still be a better CS:GO player than you are now if you buy rifles hope this helps.

Yeah, if you used AK/M4 you might have a chance of becoming a global elite and do well in ESEA tourneys or something. I hope you get better. I hope everyone gets better at this game. :unsmith:

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Fat Lou posted:

Yeah, if you used AK/M4 you might have a chance of becoming a global elite and do well in ESEA tourneys or something. I hope you get better. I hope everyone gets better at this game. :unsmith:

I don't. I hope everyone suddenly breaks their hands, leaving me the one and only god of csgo. No healing either, your hands are broken forever.

Zwiftef
Jun 30, 2002

SWIFT IS FAT, LOL
Wait, how many people post in this thread / play CS:GO honestly thinking that they're going to get to the pro level?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
None? But most of us hope to be better than "lol I'm just gonna run around and jump with this SMG all the time"

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Zwiftef posted:

Wait, how many people post in this thread / play CS:GO honestly thinking that they're going to get to the pro level?

Doctor Crime plays for iBuyPower.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Zwiftef posted:

Why would you ever lose hope? I feel that the drive to do better in CS:GO is what motivates most of us to play the game for such a long time.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
One of the benefits of playing with a consistent group of people on a regular basis (like goonmans) is that you can benchmark yourself against players who are better than you and actually gauge your improvement. For example: players like Hoods/Daeno/A Knight/Kcer/Slime and so on will all push my poo poo in in CS:GO, but since I started playing goonmans a lot I am about a million times better at not getting my poo poo pushed in quite as much as when I started.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Zwiftef posted:

Just you wait, any day now I'm going to be asked to join NiP, and I'm going to quit my job and sign a multimillion dollar contract with Dell, then retire after I ace the other team 16 times in a row in the last match.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

The Critical Hit rate on the UMP is higher than the Gali but the Gali does more elemental damage overall. It all depends on how much fire resist runes they put on their loadout. Really just a hit or miss on your preferred playstyle.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

astr0man posted:

One of the benefits of playing with a consistent group of people on a regular basis (like goonmans) is that you can benchmark yourself against players who are better than you and actually gauge your improvement. For example: players like Hoods/Daeno/A Knight/Kcer/Slime and so on will all push my poo poo in in CS:GO, but since I started playing goonmans a lot I am about a million times better at not getting my poo poo pushed in quite as much as when I started.

I bet Carl feels left out of pushing in your poo poo.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Zwiftef posted:

I do. Is there a test I can take right now that will end my hopes and dreams?

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies

Zwiftef posted:

So aside from the times when he beats rifles with the UMP, something a goon superstar said couldn't happen 9/10 times, he didn't beat rifles with the UMP? OK, whatever. You're obviously not arguing in good faith. (also, if I recall correctly one of the times he goes outside he outshoots an AWP with the UMP.)

Are you serious? How am I not arguing in good faith? I'm saying he catches people off-guard, killing them before they can shoot back. Every time he comes to an even fight against a rifle, he loses. As a result, this supports the idea that you shouldn't buy UMPs when you can buy real rifles.

Also you recall incorrectly, he doesn't outshoot an AWP outside.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

astr0man posted:

It's also a great place to get critiqued on your play because goons will just rip you a new one if you do something dumb. I probably learned faster through Goonman than I ever would have just strictly matchmaking.

OwnedByNiko
Jan 15, 2014
Bizon > UMP. My Chi flows right through the bizon. But seriously, 64 bullets. Atleast 5 will hit the head and confirm the kill.
I've gotten to DMG with the bizon only. It's the best weapon in the game.

Zwiftef
Jun 30, 2002

SWIFT IS FAT, LOL

Fat Lou posted:

astr0man posted:

Zwiftef even at "your level" you will still be a better CS:GO player than you are now if you buy rifles hope this helps.

mcvey posted:

You could do so much better with a rifle :smith:

Fat Lou posted:

I can use the AK/M4 and I tend to use them more often than I don't, I am literally just arguing that there are rounds aside from the second and third one where buying an SMG like the UMP is a legitimate thing unless you're at a very high level of matchmaking. That's it. I seriously think you guys may need to channel some of the energy you're wasting on CS:GO into learning how to critically read.

Fat Lou posted:

I am sorry you have given up hope of ever doing better. :smith:

What? I get better all the time bro, I'm just not under some autistic delusion that I'm going to be be shooting it up with Kobe Bryant when I play basketball, which is why I don't try to go for dunks when I play.

old dog child posted:

This is really sad

Living your life in a deluded haze is really sad. There's a lot of things that I'll never be a pro at and CS is one of them.

IT BEGINS posted:

Are you serious? How am I not arguing in good faith? I'm saying he catches people off-guard, killing them before they can shoot back. Every time he comes to an even fight against a rifle, he loses. As a result, this supports the idea that you shouldn't buy UMPs when you can buy real rifles.

Also you recall incorrectly, he doesn't outshoot an AWP outside.

When you play CS, do you draw your AK out of its sheath and do a salute at each enemy you come up against to preserve your e-bushido or something? Yea, no poo poo you don't duel a rifle with an SMG at ten paces, you try to get in their face and pre-fire them like he did in radio. I'll have to keep an eye out for the next time he beats an AWP with the UMP and take another video of it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Zwiftef posted:

Living your life in a deluded haze is really sad. There's a lot of things that I'll never be a pro at and CS is one of them.

Be a pro at CS or be garbage. No middle ground!

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.
Daeno was right. I shouldn't have read the thread.

:negative:

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.
in other news

Me
LargeMargin
Mini
Charmander

are forming FC Buttcelona (working title) and will loving kick your rear end at soccer

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

Zwiftef posted:

When you play CS, do you draw your AK out of its sheath and do a salute at each enemy you come up against to preserve your e-bushido or something? Yea, no poo poo you don't duel a rifle with an SMG at ten paces, you try to get in their face and pre-fire them like he did in radio. I'll have to keep an eye out for the next time he beats an AWP with the UMP and take another video of it.

Yeah, only he could do this just as well with an AK/M4. It's not evidence for the UMP being the best weapon for the situation. Should I post my TEC-9 ace as evidence of its superiority over the AK in rifle rounds?

Like I said before, which you seemed to ignore from my post - he gets consistently out-shot by rifles in the replay posted. There are multiple times where he gets the drop on people and still loses. He loses every even engagement. If he'd have bought a rifle on those rounds he would have gotten more kills.

PROTOSTORM!!!
Oct 24, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

The Critical Hit rate on the UMP is higher than the Gali but the Gali does more elemental damage overall. It all depends on how much fire resist runes they put on their loadout. Really just a hit or miss on your preferred playstyle.

Competitive WC3 CS as a queue would be the loving ballingest loving poo poo ever.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROI7LIFzyRc

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

As someone who understands Russian, that's actually a pretty cool rap.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

IT BEGINS posted:

As someone who understands Russian, that's actually a pretty cool rap.

Turn on english translated captions for a real hoot.

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.

The camera keeps ADADADADing around him. It's meta.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Zwiftef posted:

So you got carried to a high rank, I'm sorry I bet it's hard to shoot at a level you're not accustomed to. We do sometimes queue with a friend that's nova 3 and he struggles.

What? I get promotions when I solo queue and I get demotions when I play with friends that take a hit after every death.

I never really thought I'd have to explain what weed and high are on the internet.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Bashez posted:

What? I get promotions when I solo queue and I get demotions when I play with friends that take a hit after every death.

I never really thought I'd have to explain what weed and high are on the internet.

Where've you been dude. Haven't seen you play in the new server.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

teagone posted:

Where've you been dude. Haven't seen you play in the new server.

I've been playing. Sometimes a lot, sometimes a little. I'm usually jumping in when when goonmans are ending.

I took a ~9 month break for no particular reason.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Zwiftef posted:

I can use the AK/M4 and I tend to use them more often than I don't, I am literally just arguing that there are rounds aside from the second and third one where buying an SMG like the UMP is a legitimate thing unless you're at a very high level of matchmaking. That's it. I seriously think you guys may need to channel some of the energy you're wasting on CS:GO into learning how to critically read.

I just wish someone had questioned why you were even arguing this 277 posts ago. No, you're not necessarily wrong, your point just boils down to you saying, "you can kill poo poo players, with poo poo guns."

and fwiw I still think you're mostly wrong from an economy point of view.

kcer fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Mar 14, 2014

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

the best weapon is the negev

Aspergeoisie
Jun 6, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Zwiftef posted:

I am literally just arguing that there are rounds aside from the second and third one where buying an SMG like the UMP is a legitimate thing unless you're at a very high level of matchmaking.

There is zero reason to get an "SMG like the UMP" when you can afford actually good weapons at any level of play. Unless you're talking about embarrassing them final round because they're really bad babies.

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

Jeoh posted:

the best weapon is the negev

....dual negevs?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
If you don't buy a nova every round, you're wrong

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Shogunner posted:

in other news

Me
LargeMargin
Mini
Charmander

are forming FC Buttcelona (working title) and will loving kick your rear end at soccer

Who wants to join Real Badrid?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
When I pull the trigger on my sawn off, bodies get hauled off :hehe:

Zwiftef
Jun 30, 2002

SWIFT IS FAT, LOL

IT BEGINS posted:

Yeah, only he could do this just as well with an AK/M4. It's not evidence for the UMP being the best weapon for the situation. Should I post my TEC-9 ace as evidence of its superiority over the AK in rifle rounds?

Like I said before, which you seemed to ignore from my post - he gets consistently out-shot by rifles in the replay posted. There are multiple times where he gets the drop on people and still loses. He loses every even engagement. If he'd have bought a rifle on those rounds he would have gotten more kills.

What MM rank are you? Would you mind posting a demo of a random close match? I would honestly be amazed if it didn't feature at least one player doing well with an SMG.

kcer posted:

I just wish someone had questioned why you were even arguing this 277 posts ago. No, you're not necessarily wrong, your point just boils down to you saying, "you can kill poo poo players, with poo poo guns."

and fwiw I still think you're mostly wrong from an economy point of view.

Honestly, that's literally been my point this entire time. At the tier of matchmaking that most people play at, people are not good enough to punish SMG pick ups which open up strategies that aren't available to pro players and slavishly adhering to a certain style of play that you aren't good enough for is dumb.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
buff the drat berettas already: allow each gun to be fired separately more accurately or spam both mouse buttons at once for a more inaccurate wall of lead

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

SMGs should have no accuracy penalty while walking. Problem solved move along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deetee
Apr 22, 2008

Man this is a terrible discussion. I don't think I've EVER bought an UMP in like 300 hours of gameplay.

I can't remember the last time I saw an opponent with an UMP in an MM.

There is literally always a better alternative unless it's round 2, and even then there's an argument.

• Locked thread