Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
Oh man the tears continue in that thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

causticBeet posted:

I did my first hisec suicide gank the other day and it blew my mind that people would sit there with a 30 man local spoke... Thrashers and catalysts on dscan.... And just like, keep orbiting away in their orca.

Don't ever be surprised with how stupid these people can be. I ganked an untanked Covetor last night. The guys response? Grab his Retriver and come right back to the same belt.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

pugnax posted:

Oh man the tears continue in that thread.

The guy who says "just tell me one thing I should try and I won't quit the game, or else I will! :qq:"

Cripes...

Someone tell him to join a lowsec pirating corp so he can see the game from the point of view of his ~ruthless oppressors~.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Siets posted:

The guy who says "just tell me one thing I should try and I won't quit the game, or else I will! :qq:"

Cripes...

Someone tell him to join a lowsec pirating corp so he can see the game from the point of view of his ~ruthless oppressors~.

Literally the next comment was an attempt to recruit him into waffles.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

orange juche posted:

This is why you shouldn't smuggle contraband through Deklein. What 'cha gonna do, what 'cha gonna do when they come for you :sun:

E: the loving local chat is delicious! I am laughing so hard at the Goon PD gimmick.

"Sir, your plates came back hot, please report the the 8s28 gate for questioning"

Oh god I've been playing Titanfall for the past couple days. I guess I need to jump back out of my +5s back to dek and buy ten comets.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

various cheeses posted:

Oh god I've been playing Titanfall for the past couple days. I guess I need to jump back out of my +5s back to dek and buy ten comets.

They aren't comets, they are a new ship completely.

Kjep64
Oct 3, 2013

Coffee. Cigarettes. Beer. Kimchi. Ingest.

Uba Stij posted:

We started to do it just for fun and to piss in someones cheerios. Then we got serious about grabbing juicy kills to salvage but also go "oh there's a mining fleet? they're not allowed to mine in our district" and go off and kill them with Thrashers.

Oh how I miss Thrashers... it's all about Catalysts now (well has been). Pissing in someone's cheerios definitely the first reason, followed by being space poor. Gotta' sack, pillage and plunder those merchant all ships for some reason! :yarr:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

necrotic posted:

No they're comets, they're just a "new ship" in regards to that's how you skin ships currently.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Now I want to do "Belt Police" in highsec where I fly around in a Comet and yabber on about how the miner is trespassing on private property and when he refuses to leave catalysts appear.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

necrotic posted:

More clearly, they are listed on the market as an entirely different ship. They have the exact same stats as the comet though.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

CainFortea posted:

More clearly, they are listed on the market as an entirely different ship. They have the exact same stats as the comet though.

CCP has said this is because their ship skinning interferes with the ship id data so it shows up as a different ship in markets and on overviews. They plan to change it before rolling out a large number of ship skins.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
edit: nevermind

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Ship skins. The new micro transactions that give you no edge. Talk about a money sink for pubbies.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Bean Head posted:

So they'll carry on losing 120 mil mining ships simply because d-scan is a super hard tool to use and understand and tanking skills are obviously for plebs.
On other hand, if someone's willing to press d-scan every few seconds, they're better off doing wormhole stuff or running FW missions anyway.

AFK mining/ratting is for those who accept the occasional loss of their ship as an operating cost.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

dialhforhero posted:

Ship skins. The new micro transactions that give you no edge. Talk about a money sink for pubbies.

The EFT warrors need to get a Thorax fleet ready for the instant CCP lets us paint our ships pink.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

dialhforhero posted:

By pubbies you mean everyone especially considering the Deklein police gimmick that started this conversation, and honestly it's the Best Microtransaction because of the not giving benefits thing.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kjep64 posted:

Oh how I miss Thrashers... it's all about Catalysts now (well has been). Pissing in someone's cheerios definitely the first reason, followed by being space poor. Gotta' sack, pillage and plunder those merchant all ships for some reason! :yarr:

We've been using thrashers because they're cheaper and do about the same DPS. Also a lot of the ratters seem to be using fits that have some invuln to Catas. I'm not a fittings nerd so I just hop into what I want and coral the herd cats.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

dialhforhero posted:

You realize this is exactly the kind of micro transaction everyone actually wanted, right?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

deadtear posted:

By pubbies you mean everyone especially considering the Deklein police gimmick that started this conversation, and honestly it's the Best Microtransaction because of the not giving benefits thing.

The comet doesn't take aurum :colbert:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

deadtear posted:

I thought the Police Comet was separate from the ship skin system, in that you use Concord LP for it instead of Aurum?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Even though the police pursuit comet isn't actually a microtransaction, it can still help build the case for spending developer time on making the microtransaction feature a reality.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

JohnSherman posted:

I thought the Police Comet was separate from the ship skin system, in that you use Concord LP for it instead of Aurum?

This with regards to the Comet.

And I agree that it's 'the best' kind of micro transaction. I guess what i'm trying to say is, it's going to be even better killing pubbies who spend hundreds of IN REAL LIFE dollars to skin their ships for their IMMERSION, however gaining no advantage whatsoever with their ship abilities, thus making killing them THAT much more gratifying.

Suddenly an Suukevestaa or whatever Navy Raven worth 100 bucks in real life filled with ship skin BPCs is going to be an amazing catalyst gank.

Or, for that matter, the free ibis filled with them undocking in Jita. :getin:

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 14, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

JohnSherman posted:

What? It works identical to the other skins it's just a different currency.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

deadtear posted:

What? It works identical to the other skins it's just a different currency.

Poor wording. I meant what you said here. :shrug:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

JohnSherman posted:

Their plan for a full skinning system is that some skins will be bought with aurum, some with faction LP, and probably some that are "limited edition" gifts from events or such.

(The Police Comet will probably always be a unique ship type / ID, because it's actually using a different model. The other skin prototypes are the normal model with some different textures.)

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
It will be nice when they let us skin ships with out having to burn every rig you've got installed. Wanted to paint my Rokh. :(

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

PerrineClostermann posted:

You realize this is exactly the kind of micro transaction everyone actually wanted, right?

I still want a micro transaction that lets me do hilarious things to other people's space barbie, like making them morbidly obese.

tuzy2k
Sep 17, 2007

Not Female posted:

Police Pursuit Comet gimmick fleets are now in full swing http://www.twitch.tv/aquilae1/b/510906168?t=97m45s

I was there for this and can verify it was awesome.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Uba Stij posted:

We've been using thrashers because they're cheaper and do about the same DPS. Also a lot of the ratters seem to be using fits that have some invuln to Catas. I'm not a fittings nerd so I just hop into what I want and coral the herd cats.

I have done a fair bit of EFT Nerding on this one, and here's the basic breakdown.

Nothing else in the game comes close to a simple T1 fit Catalyst in terms of damage:ISK, and they're also pretty easy to train into because their damage output is largely independent of the Destroyers skill (though the bonuses to range and tracking make it easier to apply that damage when complications inevitably arise during a gank, so the skill is definitely not worthless). Thrashers do around 70% of the raw damage of a Catalyst, but they can be a useful curveball for when you find some nerd who went all in on Kin/Therm resistances and didn't do anything to plug his EM hole. They can also alpha for 1,300+ with a T1 artillery fit for when you have a bunch of friends who want to blap someone out from under Concord or whatever, and their extra mid slots and better CPU space give them more options for fitting ECM or extra sensor boosters for podding alongside a normal fit.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Wulfling posted:

It will be nice when they let us skin ships with out having to burn every rig you've got installed. Wanted to paint my Rokh. :(

Why? The only skin available would make your rokh look like a rusty piece of poo poo. Like you'd been whoring around with minmatar and caught the space herpes.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

quote:

Friday, 14 March 2014

The CFC Declares War on Guristas and Serpentis
Following his coalition's successful wars against N3 and BL, space emperor The Mittani announced his coalition would be deploying to their home regions to fight a counter-offensive against their greatest enemy yet: the belt rats and NPCs of the north and west.

This could be the greatest challenge yet faced by the coalition since their formation in 2010. The #1 killer of Goonswarm Federation ships in 2013 and other alliances in the CFC have suffered similar results - media magnate Xander Phoena lost three Ishtars to hit squads of Guristas in anomalies in the month of February alone.

Many have questioned whether the CFC have the ability to win this war. After a successful campaign of mostly-AFK combat in the south, they are hoping to repeat their tactics by using the mighty AFKtar with a newbie doctrine of Vexor Navy Issues and Dominixes with support wings of Noctises, Mobile Tractor Units and Encounter Surveillance Systems.Many speculators have been quick to comment on the controversial inclusion of the ESS - many believe it will harm the CFCs campaign rather than aid it due to the threat of third-party interceptors siding with the NPCs.

It's more than likely we'll also see ratting carriers deployed, with a higher concentration in Delkein. Ratting carriers are one of the Guristas' greatest weaknesses - and they know it. It's likely they'll hire locals including Mordus Angels and Triumvirate, to use their capitals against the carriers. Without their help they'll be powerless against the 10,000 DPS tanked carriers hoovering up Sanctums by the hour.

Enemies of Goonswarm have sneered at the fact that they can be easily defeated by people who can't change their damage type and have easily predictable and well-known fleet compositions and positions. Gevlon Goblin was among these people, and was quick to publicise his hope that this war would allow him to take one or two highsec POCOs. Others are calling this a sneaky rouse by CFC leadership so they have an excuse to not save the Russian block from their inevitable demise at the hands of Hero and N3.

It's unclear how long CFC morale will hold up in this war - losses to NPCs are not eligible for SRP and taking on an organisation that's generally accepted to be immortal with a limitless supply of ships can be intimidating. At any rate it's clear that people who whined about the blue doughnut after B-R5RB are idiots and are not to be trusted.
http://eveion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/cfc-declares-war-on-guristas.html

tuzy2k
Sep 17, 2007

Gelvin is going to cream his pants when he finds out he was relevant enough to be mentioned.

skylineboy08
Nov 12, 2010
Holy poo poo the space police gimmick is live. Homeland Defense will ride again :911:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Finally a second news site worthy to stand up to TMC.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ynglaur posted:

Worthy competitor:

quote:

It's unclear how long CFC morale will hold up in this war - losses to NPCs are not eligible for SRP and taking on an organisation that's generally accepted to be immortal with a limitless supply of ships can be intimidating.

:allears:

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine
About how much DPS do I need to kill a Retriever in 0.6 with one Catalyst?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ynglaur posted:

Guy who runs it writes for TMC, don't tell anyone though.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Above Our Own posted:

About how much DPS do I need to kill a Retriever in 0.6 with one Catalyst?

Don't try to gank in 0.6. You'll only have success solo in 0.5.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Uba Stij posted:

Guy who runs it writes for TMC, don't tell anyone though.

He should do an article about denying this. A fake mustache must be involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bean Head
Feb 22, 2014
I look forward to reading Gevlon's hand flapping sperg attack and grr gooning well thought out and in depth analysis of what this piece of satire means to the CFC, high sec and New Eden in general.:mmmhmm:

• Locked thread