Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Parmesan Basil posted:

Chiefs might have signed Vance Walker. I don't know this person, nor do I think he can play RG

The Raiders let him walk, you be the judge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Parmesan Basil posted:

Chiefs might have signed Vance Walker. I don't know this person, nor do I think he can play RG

Raiders DT last year.

Blitz7x posted:

Wait seriously? He doesn't suck? Yessss

A one year contract just means that after he's good next year some other team will pry him away.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Blitz7x posted:

Wait seriously? He doesn't suck? Yessss

Solid outside corner with flashes of excellence. He should be extra motivated for you by the one year deal, too.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Blitz7x posted:

so he's bad. cool

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

The Raiders also let Houston and Veldheer walk.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Blitz7x posted:

I've heard that Pat Sims could be a bargain DT rotational guy for some team, possibly the Colts. Is that accurate?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Azhais posted:

^^ They'll hit the cap floor by giving JaMarcus a 1 year $50m deal

Who do the packers even have at center now anyway?

#52 Holein Protection, who is, amazingly enough, completely unrelated to cut Saints safety, Holein Coverage.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cav posted:

I am guessing someone else will emerge ala Kansas City this year. Plus Indy got sabotaged badly by Wayne's injury this year. But yeah, Denver is obviously the big roadblock.

Excuse me we played Denver three times last season and all three games were within one score and held Denver's offense to under 400 yards. Also we won once.

:mad:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Chichevache posted:

The Raiders also let Houston and Veldheer walk.

Houston can't pass rush for poo poo in a division with Manning and Rivers and Veldheer is an injured right tackle

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

I've heard that Pat Sims could be a bargain DT rotational guy for some team, possibly the Colts. Is that accurate?

Pat Sims played better than Walker, yeah

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Parmesan Basil posted:

He'll replace Tyson Jackson

G-Fresh
Nov 28, 2004

Who needs an offensive line when you have skill position players?

Blitz7x posted:

Yeah, there's no way Oakland would let any good players lea..... oh :(

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

Houston can't pass rush for poo poo in a division with Manning and Rivers and Veldheer is an injured right tackle

Then why all the gnashing of teeth and wailing over not signing them? And when has Veldheer been a right tackle?

bon ape tit
Aug 7, 2011
If the Ravens can get their rushing game to work and run the ball effectively this year, they're gonna be a big time threat in the AFC.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Colts get Nicks for 1y/3.5M base with incentives. If he's healthy, that's a pretty solid deal. He can't be any worse than DHB was.

G-Fresh
Nov 28, 2004

Who needs an offensive line when you have skill position players?

Eltoasto posted:

Pat Sims was decent last year, I would have liked to keep him. As a rotational guy he should be pretty good.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Chichevache posted:

Then why all the gnashing of teeth and wailing over not signing them? And when has Veldheer been a right tackle?

A delayed flowchart reaction.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

EvilBeard posted:

Colts get Nicks for 1y/3.5M base with incentives. If he's healthy, that's a pretty solid deal. He can't be any worse than DHB was.

Wow. I'm kind of shocked he went that cheap.

CharlestheHammer posted:

A delayed flowchart reaction.

Yea, that's really all I can think of. Veldheer is pretty amazing from what I've seen and heard, and the tricep tear is worrying but absolutely not a deal breaker. Houston I'm less familiar with, but again I've only heard good things about him on here.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chichevache posted:

Same, receivers seem to be going for way cheaper then I thought they would.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@AdamSchefter 1m
Former Texans DE Antonio Smith just signed a 2-year, $9M deal with the Raiders.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Holy poo poo, do we have a mediocre team now? Cmon six wins.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I can't believe the Panthers couldn't top that offer for Nicks.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Kalli posted:

Same, receivers seem to be going for way cheaper then I thought they would.

The draft class is screwing them over.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Well there was speculation earlier (on the SA boards, not from reporters) that he would choose Indy over Carolina just based on the fact that he is taking a one year deal as a chance to look good and get paid more in the future. The reasoning there is that with Carolina he would be the only weapon, so while he would probably be Cam's favorite target, he would also be facing double coverage pretty consistently. In Indy he is going to get a lot of single coverage which will help him be productive despite sharing looks with Hilton and possibly Wayne.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Febreeze posted:

Maybe Richardson has become cheap? :shrug:

coco bryce
Jun 23, 2007
I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness.
good signing for the colts, and smart move by nicks too . he has a good chance of getting a nice contract after Luck puffs up his stats for a season

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

EvilBeard posted:

That is great, and it leaves 8.5 million that can be used for other free agents and leave the usual draft/roster churn buffer.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

quote:

Charles Tillman ‏@peanuttillman 1h

Well I guess you guys are stuck with me for another year...

If there's a cooler way to tweet that you're re-signing, I haven't seen it. Also, Phil Emery is my dark lord.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Chichevache posted:

Yea, that's really all I can think of. Veldheer is pretty amazing from what I've seen and heard, and the tricep tear is worrying but absolutely not a deal breaker. Houston I'm less familiar with, but again I've only heard good things about him on here.

From what I can tell from PFF Houston is very average rushing but really freaking good against the run. He also can drop back into coverage and do a decent job. So yeah in my eyes that's a dang good player that I'm glad my team snagged.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

DupaDupa posted:

From what I can tell from PFF Houston is very average rushing but really freaking good against the run. He also can drop back into coverage and do a decent job. So yeah in my eyes that's a dang good player that I'm glad my team snagged.

And the Raiders upgraded with Justin Tuck. I ain't mad

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

cravius posted:

Finally a decent secondary. Can we cut Arrington now?

Why do people keep saying this? He's like the new Ellis Hobbs: a solid special teamer, and decent at playing nickle. He was fine last year in that role. You just don't want him as a starting corner.

Revis, Browner and McCourty are the makings of a very good secondary. Of course it looks like they're going to roll with Harmon at starting strong safety. It's arguable whether he was any better or worse than Gregory last season, but at least he's still young and could improve. The problem of course is now that they've invested in the secondary the front seven is something of a mess. Especially the defensive line. I imagine they'll be taking a couple of tackles in the draft.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Blitz7x posted:

And the Raiders upgraded with Justin Tuck. I ain't mad

Tuck is awesome, I'd just be scared of his wheels falling off too soon.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

NC-17 posted:

Why do people keep saying this? He's like the new Ellis Hobbs: a solid special teamer, and decent at playing nickle. He was fine last year in that role. You just don't want him as a starting corner.

Revis, Browner and McCourty are the makings of a very good secondary. Of course it looks like they're going to roll with Harmon at starting strong safety. It's arguable whether he was any better or worse than Gregory last season, but at least he's still young and could improve. The problem of course is now that they've invested in the secondary the front seven is something of a mess. Especially the defensive line. I imagine they'll be taking a couple of tackles in the draft.

The makings of? That's a loving hell of an understatement. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Revis and Browner is probably the best corner tandem in the league right now, unless Byron Maxwell makes a loving huge leap in 2014.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ehud posted:

@AdamSchefter 1m

The Texans couldn't bring him back for that? God damnit

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The both won't even be on the field together until week five - assuming no injuries or further suspensions.

I'll believe the Patriots have an elite secondary when I see it and it lasts for more than two games.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

The Texans couldn't bring him back for that? God damnit

Do they need to? They're going to have Clowney and Watt already. Why not sign a cheap as gently caress JAG to take a spot on the line?

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles
Is it just me or does Browner look like Revis's dad.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
e: nevermind

Intruder fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Mar 15, 2014

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Ehud posted:

@AdamSchefter 1m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Toymachine posted:

Is it just me or does Browner look like Revis's dad.

It is not just you. Browner has always looked more like a coach than a player.

Intruder posted:

My dream is Clowney at OLB on the same side as Watt with much peeing of pants by that side of the line

Well yea, that would be amazing. But at the very least take that as a good sign you won't be drafting Manziel #1.

• Locked thread