Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Too busy workin on WoWkiller Pathfinder Online

i thought he left paizo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Too busy workin on WoWkiller Pathfinder Online

this and wod would be so great if they ever come out

for all the wrong reaasons

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

D&D? Haha. Next. :razz:

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

GulagDolls posted:

D&D? Haha. Next. :razz:

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Attorney at Funk posted:

a lot of games contain bad choices or are made by people who plainly haven't thought through what they're doing but I think the d&d next team stands head and shoulders above the rest on sheer laziness and cowardice

d&d next is like a cartoon show being made to appeal simultaneously to all the people who grew up on the flintstones, fat albert, thundercats, doug, spongebob, and adventure time. 'd&d, like mama used to make' isn't a coherent concept and I think trying to sell the game on it demonstrates that their actual primary motivator is a crippling terror of having to make a decision or have a vision or do any goddamn work at all

you missed a really good opportunity for a he-man d&d ref

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
how can he-man have the power if he is a fighter??

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

the sorceress gave it to him

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Too busy workin on Shadowbanekiller Pathfinder Online

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
When Gygax statted out Conan he was a cross-class monstrosity that could never be created using the actual rules of the game

Next is continuing the proud tradition of insisting that any literary hero was a fighter/thief/mystic/dwarf instead instead of stopping for a moment and thinking "huh, maybe we're doing this wrong"

Meanwhile Gandalf, a literal angel, would be equal in power to an apprentice wizard in D&D

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

stoutfish posted:

how can he-man have the power if he is a fighter??

a wizard crafted his sword.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I'll be honest while 4th is way easier to play on roll20 than any other edition, houseruled 2e/maaaaaybe pathfinder is still probably the best d&d to play if you're playing w/ people irl.

e; also Next is poo poo

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
are you for real dude

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
playing 4e is an insane pain in the rear end.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Nihnoz posted:

playing 4e is an insane pain in the rear end.

idk it seems like it was designed to be played via computer, so you get roll20 to keep track of everything then just kinda punch some poo poo.

also if you're pro dm you just ignore about 70% of all printed 4e material and just use phb 1/2 and maybe another book if a player wants to use something out of it and it doesnt look retarded. All that charop poo poo can eat a dick.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

Skyl3lazer posted:

idk it seems like it was designed to be played via computer, so you get roll20 to keep track of everything then just kinda punch some poo poo.

still upset we never got a 4E video game

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Skyl3lazer posted:

All that charop poo poo can eat a dick.

Wisdom.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

Skyl3lazer posted:

All that charop poo poo can eat a dick.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Gau posted:

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

d&d next: family guy with guest writer dan harmon

yeah still stuck on this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Skyl3lazer posted:

also if you're pro dm you just ignore about 70% of all printed 4e material and just use phb 1/2 and maybe another book if a player wants to use something out of it and it doesnt look retarded. All that charop poo poo can eat a dick.

yeah, i know a lot of people would have poo poo a brick if they'd actually done it but 4e pretty desperately needed some kind of 4.5-style rulesfix to clear out all the cobwebs and implement all the math fixes as Honest-To-God Rules instead of feat taxes. or maybe a new edition entirely.....

also i wish happyelf could still post, dude was pretty much always right and he got banned for a really loving dumb reason

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

#badwrongfun is a lot like DDRD in that it's mostly white noise about video games and questionable moderation, so you should all come hang out with us.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Gau posted:

The biggest crime of our generation right here. (Just kidding, that's Next)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Fungah! posted:

yeah, i know a lot of people would have poo poo a brick
Like who? Pretty much everyone I know who likes 4E ascribes to a fairly uniform list of stuff that's busted and needs to be fixed. The main points of contention tend to be "Feats: Ditch some of them or all of them?" and "Ability scores: Are they worth salvaging?"

"4E but not busted" was what a lot of people I know were hoping 5E would be. People poo poo a brick about essentials because it "fixed" stuff that wasn't broken and broke some broken poo poo even worse, not because change in general.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Mar 15, 2014

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Splicer posted:

Like who? Pretty much everyone I know who likes 4E ascribes to a fairly uniform list of stuff that's busted and needs to be fixed. The main points of contention tend to be "Feats: Ditch some of them or all of them?" and "Ability scores: Are they worth salvaging?"

"4E but not busted" was what a lot of people I know were hoping 5E would be. People poo poo a brick about essentials because it "fixed" stuff that wasn't broken and broke some broken poo poo even worse, not because change in general.

mostly the people who wouldn't buy the game anyway or would buy it to bitch about it and people who wouldn't want to spend a shitload of money on new books. so actually you're right, no one that matters

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

LSTB posted:

ERP + Second Life = Epic

Yes.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Splicer posted:

I made this 4e hack, partly as a response/answer to this kind of stuff.
People should seriously check it out and help make it better.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MgmYw9acHQ9SbgNk-IbcFXtCeMewc3iQOZxRRLpWCKs/

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The development of Next has looked like such a clusterfuck that sometimes I wonder how they managed to make 4e in the first place.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

The development of Next has looked like such a clusterfuck that sometimes I wonder how they managed to make 4e in the first place.

Rob Heinsoo.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gau posted:

they should remake the bioware/obsidian games with 4e combat rules

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

also add dating sim mechanics on planescape: torment :mrgw:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Gau posted:

pillars of eternity's looking pretty good and rope kid's been pretty up-front about 4e being a big influence, especially in combat. also tome's like 90% of the way to being a singleplayer 4e game. the dungeon design kind of sucks and it's way the gently caress too long, but i've sunk umpteen hours into it and the combat and class systems are really good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plutonis posted:

also add dating sim mechanics on planescape: torment :mrgw:

only for morte though

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fungah! posted:

only for morte though

:hb: Hey Chief, wanna me to give you a sucky-sucky?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I-I made these cookies for you, Chief. D-Don't think this means I like you though!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

P.d0t posted:

Rob Heinsoo.
Also, one of the Bakers. Which is the good one?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

dwarf74 posted:

The one who makes the Rye bread. poo poo's great.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

Colin

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

You clearly mean Tom.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Gau posted:

You clearly mean Tom.

colin's actually a very good actor who was hamstrung by how lovely literally everything else about his run was. he's been pretty much excellent in every competent spinoff thing he's been in in the last ten years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

The one who makes the Rye bread. poo poo's great.

Get hosed, rye bread is terrible

• Locked thread