Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Junkenstein posted:

No Nucky Thompson or Quintus Lentulus Batiatus for Drama Renegade?

Have you not seen the film? I always wondered what it would have been like to watch that with no idea what it was about.

I watched it only knowing it was about vampires and I practically got whiplash when the story shifts in the middle. It was... interesting. I really want to check out the show though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

IRQ posted:

I look forward to it being pretty good and then waiting 4 years for the next season.

I dunno, the concept sounds like the MLK Boondocks episode turned up to 11.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

raditts posted:

I dunno, the concept sounds like the MLK Boondocks episode turned up to 11.

Jesus Calls People Niggers, an animated television event by Aaron McGruder

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Also, McGruder literally using Jesus as his Mary Sue instead of a precocious eight year old kid.
I do kind of want to see what that will be like, though.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Seems like Jesus can dish it out but he can't take it, imo

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Niggers != niggas hth

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Occupation posted:

Niggers != niggas hth

Put down the keyboard and back away.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Occupation posted:

Niggers != niggas hth

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The etymological roots of both words and their comparative offensiveness and intention just to be clear, since I could totes see how my statement came across as racist

This isn't a Chris rock sketch or something

Anyways I'm out I just didn't want to be banned over racism when my intention was literally the exact opposite of that

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
:gowron:

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010
I've just caught up through the last 400 posts in this thread and it has been like plummeting into the abyss.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bobfromsales posted:

I've just caught up through the last 400 posts in this thread and it has been like plummeting into the abyss.

Don't judge us :saddowns:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Always skip to the end of chat threads, they're useless unless you are participating.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Occupation posted:

The etymological roots of both words and their comparative offensiveness and intention just to be clear, since I could totes see how my statement came across as racist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WiYt7gAySw

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

Always skip to the end of chat threads, they're useless unless you are participating.

And often useless when you are participating!

Deadpool is right though. Threads can always get worse. The Americans thread currently has a derail about how unrealistic it was for a janitor to be intimidated by a slender woman with a crowbar because he totally could have kicked her rear end.

:goonsay:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

precision posted:

And often useless when you are participating!

Deadpool is right though. Threads can always get worse. The Americans thread currently has a derail about how unrealistic it was for a janitor to be intimidated by a slender woman with a crowbar because he totally could have kicked her rear end.

:goonsay:

And the Justified thread had four wonderful seasons of everyone enjoying a really good show before it turned into a contest to see who could be the most displeased this week, to the point where the current topic of discussion is that we shouldn't root for the guy who removes murderous sociopaths from society because he cheated a radio contest.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Clearly I need to catch up on Justified. I binged seasons 1-3 and then just completely forgot about it.

Speaking of FX, I rewatched season 4 of Archer the other day and I have to sadly agree that season 5, while having some amazing highlights, hasn't had the pure distilled consistent awesome that 4 had.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
In a desperate attempt to save this thread, I'd like to point out that Comedy Central is giving Hannibal Burress a show: http://www.vulture.com/m/2014/03/comedy-central-picks-up-hannibal-buress-show.html

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Also holy poo poo I had no idea who the Pile of Bullets guy was in this week's Community until the tag.

I love that crazy loving show.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

DivisionPost posted:

Also holy poo poo I had no idea who the Pile of Bullets guy was in this week's Community until the tag.

I love that crazy loving show.

How could you not tell

I guess the VCR video quality was pretty crappy now that I think about it...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

HorseRenoir posted:

In a desperate attempt to save this thread, I'd like to point out that Comedy Central is giving Hannibal Burress a show: http://www.vulture.com/m/2014/03/comedy-central-picks-up-hannibal-buress-show.html

Good. He deserves much better than Broad City.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess that means his other TV deals fell through.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

It got worse.

One episode had the main agents going to Texas to track down and capture "Patient Zero", an escaped death row inmate who can infect people with a deadly virus by touching them with his infected sweat.

The main characters went to Texas KNOWING this already. What do the main characters thing is smart attire for capturing a criminal with infectious skin? T-shirts. There was even a scene where the female agent suggests to Gabriel that they put on some gloves and he goes "nah".

In the last episode I saw, we learned that an EMP will make Gabriel lose his memory because his chip is connected to his memory center. Oh, and this big huge building which is an important government agency is protected by exactly two security guards, so the Chinese Special Forces (Virginia Division) can just storm the place and do whatever they like.

Someone in this thread put it best when they called it "aggressively stupid". It's poo poo, don't waste your time.

You actually almost made it sound worth watching just for the trainwreck :stare:

I don't think I can handle watching another show like that between The Blacklist and The Following

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Occupation posted:

How could you not tell

I guess the VCR video quality was pretty crappy now that I think about it...

Maybe he hadn't seen him before? But nah, the VHS video was fine, I recognized him right away.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just saw a commercial for Chris Meloni's new sitcom on Fox and apparently its a period piece set in the 90s?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Twee as gently caress posted:

You actually almost made it sound worth watching just for the trainwreck :stare:

I don't think I can handle watching another show like that between The Blacklist and The Following

Put it this way, it is the stupidest programme I have seen the actor I know only as 'Doctor Phlox from Enterprise' be a regular in. And to put it mildly, I do not hold a high opinion of Enterprise.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

muscles like this? posted:

Just saw a commercial for Chris Meloni's new sitcom on Fox and apparently its a period piece set in the 90s?

The fact that "period piece" and "90s" are in the same sentence makes me feel old.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

muscles like this? posted:

period piece set in the 90s?

:corsair: I'm old :sigh:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What the gently caress are you getting at Hannibal

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Mo0 posted:

The fact that "period piece" and "90s" are in the same sentence makes me feel old.

There's an "old school" radio station in my area that plays songs from the mid-late 90s. :corsair:

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Mo0 posted:

When people mention something happening 20 years ago I still think it happened in the 70s.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Hey so if you're not watching rick and morty yet you really should watch next week's episode, but only after watching the episode "rick potion #9".

I now consider this show the sci fi version of Moral Orel. And if that doesn't make you excited gently caress off because Moral Orel was probably the best thing [as] ever did, at least before this show.

Jesus Christ I love Rick and Morty.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire

IRQ posted:

Maybe he hadn't seen him before? But nah, the VHS video was fine, I recognized him right away.

Just like Mitch Hurwitz last week, Gilligan isn't immediately recognizable unless you're a nerd like us and have read/seen interviews with the guy. Show runners aren't really public faces, unless it's something like a Tina Fey/30 Rock situation.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mo0 posted:

It's been about as long from the 90s to now as it was from the 50s to the time Happy Days started.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Same for That 70s Show but people didn't call it a period piece. Period pieces involve girdles and poo poo. 1990 was 10 years ago.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

HorseRenoir posted:

I'm excited for anything with Hannibal buress in it. My only gripe that this is 100% the plot of that awful Wanda Sykes show from a few years ago,

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mu Zeta posted:

Same for That 70s Show but people didn't call it a period piece. Period pieces involve girdles and poo poo. 1990 was 10 years ago.

1990 was a quarter century ago.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Mu Zeta posted:

Hurry! YOU HAVE TO WARN EVERYONE ABOUT SEPTEMBER 11!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Cardboard Box A posted:

Hurry! YOU HAVE TO WARN EVERYONE ABOUT SEPTEMBER 11!

Also you should probably buy some apple stock

Also mgs2 will star this guy named raiden and it turns out that solid snake has an evil brrother who's the president of the us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Occupation posted:

Also you should probably buy some apple stock

Also mgs2 will star this guy named raiden and it turns out that solid snake has an evil brrother who's the president of the us

Invent Facebook while you're at it too

• Locked thread