Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Funny, that's my reaction to people complaining about Obamacare. Maybe take your own cartoon's advice and gently caress off, Hope N' Change?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

"Letting people keep illegal plans" you mean the plans you guys had meltdowns over people 'losing' because OH GOD YOU SAID I COULD KEEP MY PLAN AND THAT SHOULD EXTEND TO OVERT SCAMS THAT COST MORE THAN THEY HELP?

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

There is no way we're not supposed to sympathise with the cow. Something has gone wrong with the Universe.

E: His newspost is endless yap about Obamacare I'm not reading and all 16 comments look to be the same.

The Wizard of Oz fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 15, 2014

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

They "will make sure you understand" news that is good for you like "vegetables".

what

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
He's using the count pose from months ago and added drat forks in their hands. I will never understand how someone can be so drat lazy :psyduck:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I would be concerned if my back was so bad that I was incapable of standing straight but had to instead be constantly either leaning back in a chair or literally leaning on the panel wall.

blurry!
Jun 14, 2006

Sorry for Party Flocking
Muiry Sue had his house and possessions taken by the government by request of everyone who's ever known Muiry Sue & Waifu so they'd be forced to live isolated from the rest of society because the pair are completely insufferable. Every possible conversation goes straight into some political word salad ripped from right wing blogs. They were an imminent danger to themselves and others because if Linda at hobby lobby had to hear Zed turn one more checkout conversation into a freep.com rant, somebody was gonna get shot.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
Ezra Klein is a milquetoast egghead whose previous site was called Wonkblog for gently caress's sake. His reporting really is "vegetables" -- stuff that may be good for you but you kind of have to force yourself to consume. That doesn't make his readers 7-year-olds, Muir; it makes the idiots like you only swallow stupid-rear end sensationalist bullshit the 7-year-olds, you loving dumbass. By misunderstanding this metaphor you've made yourself the butt of the joke yet again.

MisterBadIdea fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 15, 2014

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
vox.com also employs Iglesias as an editor, a gay man who covered for anti-gay bigots that he didn't vet, and has a decent sponsorship by GE. So basically I can't wait for it to fail and hear the shriekings of the right wing about how the 'liberal media' is dying.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Spiffster posted:

I will never understand how someone can be so drat lazy :psyduck:

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

IT'S INCISIVE COMMENTARY!!!

How is it possible to get paid for literally not drawing, i.e. the THING YOU'RE PAID TO DO.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I really want some paper to have published that cartoon and obliviously filled the white space with an article about Obama's foreign policy, since after all you're not supposed to have white space in your paper.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Gorrell has the best job in the world.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Lord_Ventnor posted:

IT'S INCISIVE COMMENTARY!!!

How is it possible to get paid for literally not drawing, i.e. the THING YOU'RE PAID TO DO.
The best part is the comments hailing it as brilliant :suicide:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

An excellent follow-up to a timeless classic.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

An excellent follow-up to a timeless classic.

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

He managed to wedge three Benghazis in there (meaning he couldn't think of two more things to add).

Also, "making false or misleading statements" unlike other politicians who always tell truth.

StarPilot87
Dec 31, 2012

Kakairo posted:

He managed to wedge three Benghazis in there (meaning he couldn't think of two more things to add).

Also, "making false or misleading statements" unlike other politicians who always tell truth.

Obamacare's in there 3 times too.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Refusal to enforce immigration and drug laws.

So I'm guessing Ramirez wants to see federal troops marching on Colorado and Washington?

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I'd like to think Gorrell sat back after making this and thought "Truly, this is the 4'33" of political cartoons."

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

How the gently caress do you mess up a Nixon caricature that badly? How? He has one of the most easily caricatured faces in existence.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

How many lovely, stupid, and insulting right wing lies can be put into a cartoon?

Ooh, that's a lot.

Sweet one less person I have to compete with in the job market, meaning unemployment will lower and my employer will have to give me a raise simultaneously increasing tax revenue to cover folks that aren't as fortunate as I am.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

PEN and PHONE

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Michael Ramirez
Obama Surrounded by Words XVII, 2014
Crosshatch on cardstock

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Lance Streetman posted:

How the gently caress do you mess up a Nixon caricature that badly? How? He has one of the most easily caricatured faces in existence.

It may shock you to learn this, but Ramirez isn't much of an artist!

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Johnny Walker posted:

PEN and PHONE

Seriously, this is not a new power. It is completely within the purview of the executive branch--as designed, in fact, for just this occasion among other purposes. Yet somehow this makes him a loving dictator.

Give me a break. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but ugh.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Do note that Ramirez DIDN'T say that Wormbama violated his constitutional oath to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution and faithfully execute the law.

So obviously he's some kind of terrible RINO anti-conservative who needs to stop ruining are country.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Oops, i forgot to draw an art!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
What I want to know is what black magic the Republicans used to make everyone forget that Nixon was, you know, a loving Republican.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Also name ONE of those items that was ignored by the press. Every single one of them was way overblown by the press.

If the press ignored them, how do his readers know what he's referring to with those succinct phrases? Does Ramirez suppose he is the groundbreaking messenger of new scandals to his undeserving readership?

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
Conservatives' insistence that the mainstream media is ignoring their incredibly over-covered pet scandals is just an article of faith on their point. The mainstream media is biased against them and ignoring conservatives' viewpoint. They do not watch the mainstream media so they have no idea if this is true or not.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I don't follow pro football but is talking poo poo about your teammates a thing these days?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Tinsley is just making reference to the fact that the NFL might have its first openly gay player this year. He'd prefer that gays stay in the closet so this is his way of trivializing the situation.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

colonel_korn posted:

Tinsley is just making reference to the fact that the NFL might have its first openly gay player this year. He'd prefer that gays stay in the closet so this is his way of trivializing the situation.
Yeah I get that, but is "if football players talked openly they'd poo poo all over their teammates" something that just popped into his head or is it a thing someone else has mentioned before?

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
I'm beginning to doubt if I've ever seen Ramirez draw Obama with his eyes open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah I get that, but is "if football players talked openly they'd poo poo all over their teammates" something that just popped into his head or is it a thing someone else has mentioned before?

There's also the Incognito debacle (seriously that's the guy's name) but that's a different sort of shitshow.

• Locked thread