Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
This episode was fantastic, although the clicking reaallly got old, ya bastards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
This leaves me wondering if every episode is paced around 15-second units.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
You're crazy, Pick. Why didn't you just download the stitched together version???

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It wasn't really that bad. You just clicked the next button, and it loaded pretty much instantly.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

CelticPredator posted:

It wasn't really that bad. You just clicked the next button, and it loaded pretty much instantly.

It is bad and I'm just going to wait 'til Monday. Even the half-second pauses in the stitched together version are driving me crazy.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Irish Joe posted:

It is bad and I'm just going to wait 'til Monday. Even the half-second pauses in the stitched together version are driving me crazy.

Apparently if you use the mobile version of Instagram, it runs seamlessly, but I just watched the stitched one.

Morty's speech to Summer seemed more nihilistic than True Detective. I enjoyed the call backs to the previous R&M episodes too

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

PotatoJudge posted:

I recognized Claudia Black as the leader, but Virginia Hey! Farscape lady reunion!

Going back a few pages, but I thought this was pretty awesome too.

As for the new episode, I'm definately waiting as well. I like the show but I would rather casually enjoy it. It's not at a "gotta get my fix any way I can" level for me.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
I'm sad that www.fakedoors.com isn't real.

This episode is absurd. I love it.

And the ending was fantastic too.

AND the post credits segment!

Shyfted One fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 14, 2014

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
That ending! What a great chapter.

:eyepop:

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Shyfted One posted:

I'm sad that www.fakedoors.com isn't real.

At least the domain is registered to AS. They're based out of Atlanta right?

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Doubtful Guest posted:

Apparently if you use the mobile version of Instagram, it runs seamlessly, but I just watched the stitched one.

Morty's speech to Summer seemed more nihilistic than True Detective. I enjoyed the call backs to the previous R&M episodes too

I watched it stitched. Kinda glad because it gave me times to take breaks between the laughter. Seriously the back to back commercials with the rabbit leprechaun being murdered by the children and the crazy juice thing I laughed harder at than anything in a really long time.

In reference to your second point, this show for being so goofy seems to hit real emotional notes really really well, even if they get to them in ludicrous ways. That and the ending of the whole Jerry and Beth subplot were really more meaningful than they had any right to be.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I really want to watch Ball Fondlers. Also, I support the rights of Trunk People to get married.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

johntfs posted:

I really want to watch Ball Fondlers. Also, I support the rights of Trunk People to get married.

This post paid for by Trunk People

I also hope this episode means they get to have more fun with the rest of the family because they're not stuck with DIVORCE being a constant thing anymore. I also like that the episodes aren't done in a vacuum so as the show goes on it has to deal with all the crazy poo poo that's already happened and can only hand wave everything away four, five times tops

Shyfted One fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 15, 2014

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
"Last Will and Testimeow: Weekend at Dead Cat Lady's House II" is the hardest I've laughed at an animated comedy since Venture Brothers. God drat this is great.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

"It's called...Two Brothers..it's just called two brothers?..hah..haha"

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 15, 2014

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
I like that they forgot about the tornado

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in
Hey, here's a thought: If on Gazorpazorp all the men are murderous, rapey savages, and all the women exile the men and don't include them in their society at all, who made Gazorpazorpfield?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

We can solve that with a plot-hole filler from Sliders!

"Gazorpazorpfield is made in a dimension where everything is exactly the same, except the Big Bang happened 100 years 'later', so, subjectively, everything appears 100 years earlier to us and Gazorpaazorpfield is from a 'time' when the males were aggressive, but society had not yet split."

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Planet Piss posted:

Hey, here's a thought: If on Gazorpazorp all the men are murderous, rapey savages, and all the women exile the men and don't include them in their society at all, who made Gazorpazorpfield?

I really liked this and the other callbacks. Just because we shouldn't Think About It, doesn't mean the show won't dip into a bit of continuity if it makes for a good gag.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Jeez this show is really dark. That whole subplot with Jerry and Beth was messed up.

I loving love this show.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Planet Piss posted:

Infinite Earths, infinite Gazorpazorps.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

This episode was incredible. It was sci fi moral Orel as poo poo, and I've never seen a show go from absolute rolling on the floor hilarity to deathly serious and sad that not only worked but made tonal sense. I always thought Jurassic Bark as the pinnacle of "sad animation" was kinda overrated (whoop de do his dog died) and I always thought Fry's brother episode was more of a gutpunch but this episode cements in my mind how to do a sad episode of an animated series.

And it was still a riot.

Incredible.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Luck of the Fryrish is way sadder than Fry's Dog.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Until Ball Fondlers gets made into a TV show, my life will be incomplete.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Pick posted:

Luck of the Fryrish is way sadder than Fry's Dog.

You and me Pick

Against the woooooooorld

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
I like that the creators of the show are self-assured to do an episode like this (the new unaired one) so early on. Most comedies usually take a season or two before they do before they get into some dark personal drama with the characters. Also the continuity was a nice surprise. I think they will do a good job of making each episode have 'real' consequences while still being able to 'don't think about it!' through anything they don't want to deal with.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Until Ball Fondlers gets made into a TV show, my life will be incomplete.

I just don't even understand what the point of that show was, there wasn't even any ball fondling. Maybe it was the non-stop action.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

nutranurse posted:

I just don't even understand what the point of that show was, there wasn't even any ball fondling. Maybe it was the non-stop action.

I'm guessing it's from a universe where Ball Fondlers just straight up means rear end kickers.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Regardless, it was nice to see an episode with so many genuine family moments.

Also Morty's nihilistic spiel makes me think more and more that he's destined to become Rick. He's even learning about some of the crazy science that Rick's doing, as evidenced by his smug exposition early in the episode! Even if he gets 3/4ths of it wrong.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

I eat breakfast feet away from my rotting corpse

:stare:

I love the direction this episode went. They just keep whiplashing back and forth between silly skits and a gradually more depressing side story. At the end of the season someone is going to need to edit together all of the horrible stuff they sneak in between lolipops and sunshine, the darkest episode. Just nothing but Jelly bean rape, gore, death, nihilism, alien child beating and corporate hacks messing up Pirates of the Pancreas.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

nutranurse posted:

He's even learning about some of the crazy science that Rick's doing, as evidenced by his smug exposition early in the episode! Even if he gets 3/4ths of it wrong.
Being 3/4 wrong about something involving Rick's "science" is still getting it 1/4 right, which is probably twice as right as the average person.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
"Don't run. Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

:unsmith:

J-Man X
Aug 18, 2004

Boxing Champion

JD posted:

"Don't run. Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

:unsmith:

Come watch TV.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
There's something in me that cannot handle Gazorpazorpfield. I keep thinking about it and suddenly being unable to stop losing my poo poo.

I can't even get past the first syllable of Ants In My Eyes Johnson without laughing. This show won me back from the last episode, it won me back hard.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ants is the best thing. "I can't even tell if I'm sitting down!"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

J-Man X posted:

Come watch TV.

Is "heartwarming nihilism" a thing? That's the only other way I can describe it besides the thread title. :unsmith:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I want more of the teddy bear who can spin spider webs.

Nichael fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 15, 2014

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in

Strawman posted:

Infinite Earths, infinite Gazorpazorps.

You make a really good point there.

Nichael posted:

I want more of the teddy bear who can spin spider webs.

Oh god, me too. Seriously, where were they going with that?

Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style
"Guilty, sentenced to murder!" I spit my soda out when I heard that. This is definitely favorite episode. Also the convo about how Lorenzo Music and Bill Murray which was totally a convo I had more then once, to other people's disinterest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Writh posted:

Also the convo about how Lorenzo Music and Bill Murray which was totally a convo I had more then once, to other people's disinterest.

Is this a thing? Do people talk about Lorenzo Music to each other? I know I've had it a few times but how does a conversation like that trigger. :catdrugs:

• Locked thread