Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Red posted:

I'm actually thinking of buying a second one - I have yet to open the one I have. I rarely do the 'buy one to keep MIB, and one to open' thing, but...

The boxes go back together so seamlessly, though. Just open from the bottom, and you'll never know the difference. The figures aren't even twist tied/banded in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

Finally got my own Tumbler Key in hand. Barely seen on film but still a fun little thing to have.

gregday fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 11, 2014

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So, uh, when are you going to suit up and go rid the streets of crime?

(I'm only half-joking)

gregday
May 23, 2003

I am seriously considering cutting one of those keys to fit my car.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Just the one, though. And we all know why.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Jesus does Bale ever not look ridiculous in that cowl?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

gregday posted:

I am seriously considering cutting one of those keys to fit my car.

Good luck with that; those are kwikset house key blanks

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Got my HTS order and now I have a complete Rocket Racoon!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

20% off and free shipping at HTS with SPRING14

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

The Rage posted:

20% off and free shipping at HTS with SPRING14

Figured this was the perfect time to get a Black Panther and finish my Rocket Raccoon. Of course it's out of stock.

Some day!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So the general consensus on Figma figures is they're awesome correct?

Cause that new Iron Man Mark VII looks incredible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This guy is really awesome

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

This guy is really awesome

And just in time for the new ML GoG version to put beside him!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

And just in time for the new ML GoG version to put beside him!

I'll totally buy him if I see him dude. I want that entire line.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'll totally buy him if I see him dude. I want that entire line.

I'm sold on it too, need that BAF Groot

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

The Rage posted:

I'm sold on it too, need that BAF Groot

I want the entire line myself but I wish I could get a comic styled Groot.

I wish I knew someone this the Bowen bust of him so I could make a cast of it and just make a custom. Alas I can't justify plucking down 200 bucks just so I can make a custom toy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wish I had houseplants so I could stick RR in them and make my girlfriend wonder what the hell is wrong with me.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

The Rage posted:

So the general consensus on Figma figures is they're awesome correct?

Cause that new Iron Man Mark VII looks incredible.

It looks great, but I generally don't find that figmas are terribly well put together or pose well, they're just...odd somehow. This may be different with more heavily armored style figures, but I tend to prefer Figuarts to Figmas

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Figmas also tend to be pretty fragile, so if you have one that has a joint that feels stuck, don't force it.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Gann Jerrod posted:

Figmas also tend to be pretty fragile, so if you have one that has a joint that feels stuck, don't force it.

Oh Yes, also this, forgot about this. Have lost a hand peg due to it being adhered to the plastic in the wrist, had to drill and scrape it out to get it free.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I finally picked this up. Thanks to Something Awful for paying for it. Haha.

I'm happy with it! Brings me back to when I had the original toy. I played with that thing forever. The wrist blades ruled.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Here is a leaked image of the TMNT movie figures: http://www.toplessrobot.com/2014/03/new_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_movie_toys_pics_f.php

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Gann Jerrod posted:

Good to know, so for $90, I'm out.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

They look like decent toys but man, those designs were never meant to be live action. I'll take the Nickelodeon figures over those any day of the week.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

As a longtime Transformers fans, let me be the first to welcome you to hell, TMNT fans.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

As a longtime Transformers fans, let me be the first to welcome you to hell, TMNT fans.

Think Splinter will take Shredder's face in a battle?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Rage posted:

Splinter will be a cat for all the "9 lives" and "more than one way to skin a cat" et al jokes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Rage posted:

That's the only way this movie could be entertaining.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

TMNT fans have been in hell ever since the NECA line ended.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

The Rage posted:

Good to know, so for $90, I'm out.

Ack! For that much money you may as well get the Hot Toys version! Christ!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Nah, if this was TF they'd cancel the cartoon and scuttle the entire toy line to make way for the film versions. Nick doesn't hate TMNT the way Hasbro hates the Transformers.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Yeah I'm not sure why it's that much, but that's the BBTS pre-order price. I thought Link and Samus were like, $50 on Amazon

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

You can also get Link and Samus on Target and Walmart's sites for $50.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

The Rage posted:

Yeah I'm not sure why it's that much, but that's the BBTS pre-order price. I thought Link and Samus were like, $50 on Amazon

MSRP is 7,800 yen. So its just BBTS charging a bit more, like they always do for import figures. Also Link and Samus got domestic releases, which helped out their prices; the initial release of Samus was Japan only and BBTS was charging $65 for that.

There's also a Goodsmile Online Shop exclusive for 8800 yen; which has open visor, back flaps, and missile firing parts. Though if you want that, you'll have to middle man it.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Nice eye liner
Fffffffffffffffffffffffffff...

While the other toys are good to sub-par the turtles themselves are super excellent in the newest non-movie line. These are hideous. I mean...disgusting hideous.
The worst part is that I saw the original TMNT in the theaters a couple months back and the movie still holds up really, really well. This bullshit though?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Figma figures are actually goddamn amazing (based off my Samus) and worth every penny. Bar none - the best scults and attention to detail at that scale. Sure, Samus leg comes off if I pose it a bit too far but it goes right back on since it's simple ball joints.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Because the XLII is ugly and all the others are long sold out, obviously.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Is there a consensus on the best 6" scale Batman figure? I've seen a bunch at my local comic shop, but none that really scream "must have" like the recent Amazing Spider-Man sculpt.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

If you like Nolan Bats, the Mafex looks pretty nice. Also Bandai's been teasing an Injustice (not sure, never played the game) SH Figuarts and there's the not-yet-released model kits if you don't mind some painting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
If you like Kid Robot's Street Fighter blind boxes, Five Below has them for $4.99.