Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

hofnar posted:

There is an automatic pressurization controller that can be operated manually

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabin_pressurization

Man you think they'd keep the 'kill everyone' switch disabled or something during flight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

Schwarbage posted:

Man you think they'd keep the 'kill everyone' switch disabled or something during flight.

It's there for when the automatic controller fails, which happens

SlaveTrader
Jan 12, 2003

*sigh* Those were the days...

PleasureKevin posted:

I have a theory.

It could be bunnies?

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

hofnar posted:

There is an automatic pressurization controller that can be operated manually

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabin_pressurization

Yeah there was a flight from cyprus once that crashed because they took off with the pressurization set to manual instead of automatic and nobody noticed or fixed it

Admiral Heklar
May 2, 2012

Gate Camper

Lobok posted:

The hijackers didn't kill everyone with hypoxia or jam all the cellphones. They told the passengers to watch the television screens for an important safety announcement then played a hypnotic subliminal brainwashing video to create a small army of sleeper cell terrorist agents to disperse around the world.

So we put out an APB on hypnotoad and bang we find the masterminds behind this all

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
I found the plane- http://vietnam.craigslist.org/for/4372477162.html

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

Hahaha daaamnn

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
He did not even lose one ATM of pressure. What a pussy.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Rick Deckard posted:

It's definitely on earth
lol at this sheep sucking on the media teat

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Wrong plane idiots

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

hofnar posted:

Or maybe it's the fact that every third comment about this on the entire internet is a langoliers or lost reference
To keep things fresh and interesting, anybody here seen the movie 'Millennium'? :tinfoil:

I think it's still on Netflix streaming.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lol.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Passengers not included.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CactusWeasle posted:

Passengers not included.

the seller is a cannibal, the people are the snacks.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

CactusWeasle posted:

Passengers not included.

thats where the real money is.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

Powershift posted:

the seller is a cannibal, the people are the snacks.

Buyer really needs to be too for the ad to be truthful, cl needs a feedback system.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
This is going to turn out to be like when you can't find your keys, and then finally you do find them and they were in the first place you looked before, but now they're visible for some reason.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

Spiky Ooze posted:

This is going to turn out to be like when you can't find your keys, and then finally you do find them and they were in the first place you looked before, but now they're visible for some reason.

i thought you were joking but i just checked my couch and found a passenger. I swear he wasn't there last night. Weird.

tastes like sesame pork.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

There has been some speculation about the cargo manifest. I'm wondering if there was unlisted cargo worth stealing in midair.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Pawn 17 posted:

There has been some speculation about the cargo manifest. I'm wondering if there was unlisted cargo worth stealing in midair.

It was apparently carrying a bunch of lithium ion batteries, within the legal limit but more than various authorities believe should be the legal limit.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

goatse.cx posted:

Sorcha Faal

Sorcha Faal is completely unhinged.

Past Highlights:
-The Pentagon told Russia they were about to stage a coup and overthrow Obama.
-Obama tried to nuke South Carolina, but the military detonated the nuke in the ocean just off the coast, and then Obama fired all the generals.
-Obama is giving Montana back to the Native Americans
-Russia is about to invade the US because they don't like Monsanto.

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!

Xenomrph posted:

To keep things fresh and interesting, anybody here seen the movie 'Millennium'? :tinfoil:

I think it's still on Netflix streaming.

I originally caught this on HBO back in '90. I think it's been edited to de-emphasize the dead-people-in-planes theme, and throwing in more of the sci-fi crap. Apparently an early role for Kryten as well.
At least they kept the scene where the stewardesses blaze up and attack a 707.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Three Olives posted:

It was apparently carrying a bunch of lithium ion batteries, within the legal limit but more than various authorities believe should be the legal limit.

Right, but from what I've read if those caught on fire there would be an unexpected catastrophic event, which they have pretty much ruled out. I'm thinking gold or precious gems.

K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here.
Maybe the Libyans were going after the plutonium in the cargo. How hard is mid-air refueling anyhow?

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Pawn 17 posted:

Right, but from what I've read if those caught on fire there would be an unexpected catastrophic event, which they have pretty much ruled out. I'm thinking gold or precious gems.

Mark Karpeles of Bitcoin fame was on board, his private key to Mt. Gox fortunes in a suit case. Now the terrorists own our future economy.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

midnightclimax posted:

Mark Karpeles of Bitcoin fame was on board, his private key to Mt. Gox fortunes in a suit case. Now the terrorists own our future economy.

Oh poo poo, price is going to skyrocket when this comes out. buy! bUY! BUY!

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
A private key to a bitcoin fortune is just a loving USB stick yeah? Something you could cooly lay on the counter somewhere?

Velvet Elvis
Jul 1, 2007

I've been secretly wishing for a bitcoin connection. There has to be, right?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

bad day posted:

This was the first thing I thought about and I have been making Langoliers jokes all week but nobody laughs because only like ten people saw that movie.

It's ok, buddy. I made a stendec joke and only one person commented :smith::respek::smith:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Velvet Elvis posted:

There isn't one already? The plane went way way up and then nosedived and the people responsible disappeared without a trace.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Velvet Elvis posted:

Who is the D. B. Cooper of Bitcoin?

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

KennyLoggins posted:

I remember watching it when it aired. It is pretty terrible. At least Mr Toomey is amusing.

Posting this again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPqML9D4n1g
This is literally what happened to MH370

I just watched the whole thing

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

awesome-express posted:

I'm sorry

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Lote posted:

It's ok, buddy. I made a stendec joke and only one person commented :smith::respek::smith:

I got your joke, sorry I didn't comment, it was better than the langoliers jokes. :-)

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

awesome-express posted:

Pretty sure I read the whole short story and it didn't take that long.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lobok posted:

There isn't one already? The plane went way way up and then nosedived and the people responsible disappeared without a trace.

Nice!

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Some douche on :foxnews: was saying that terrorists hijacked the plane and are planning to fill it with explosives and then blow up Israel with it.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Some douche on :foxnews: was saying that terrorists hijacked the plane and are planning to fill it with explosives and then blow up Israel with it.

Fox news getting my hopes up.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

godspeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Dusseldorf posted:

Fox news getting my hopes up.

It's more plausible than the meteor theory.

• Locked thread