Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

MonsterWalk posted:

That's a pretty good deal. I'm digging new Browns until they draft Derek Carr then I'll be real bummed.

I was kind of against signing Tate because I thought he'd be substantially more expensive than 2y/7m. At that price, amazing signing.

Still want them to draft Bishop Sankey, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lots of new posters this off-season that are just the tits

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

To be fair he ain't new, he is always this insufferable.

I understand the irony here.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

amaranthine posted:

I was kind of against signing Tate because I thought he'd be substantially more expensive than 2y/7m. At that price, amazing signing.

Still want them to draft Bishop Sankey, though.

Tate's coming off an injury-filled year, and been hurt for most of his NFL career. He certainly could have been offered a more expensive deal than $7 mil, but it was never going to be substantially more. And it won't be until he can stay healthy for a full season, which I hope is this year because he's one of the more promising young RBs currently in the league if he does.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Sweeney Tom posted:

Tate's coming off an injury-filled year, and been hurt for most of his NFL career. He certainly could have been offered a more expensive deal than $7 mil, but it was never going to be substantially more. And it won't be until he can stay healthy for a full season, which I hope is this year because he's one of the more promising young RBs currently in the league if he does.

I think he will thrive in Cleveland. Normally, the Browns pickup FAs who have long histories of never being hurt then like Bentley they promptly go down in training camp, never play again and nearly die/lose limbs due to staph infections.

By getting ahead of the game, Tate will be a superman of perfect health!

Butch Otter
Jan 24, 2003

Roman Harper! What a terrible offseason.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Well, if TFF didn't bring in any new posters, you would say "wow, how can Kalli succeed with such horrible posters?" Now that they do bring in a good to (maybe) very good poster you say, "the posters they bring in won't succeed because Kalli is moderating the forum!" So yeah, it's just not a very genuine way to argue "lol TFF" (trust me, there are a million ways to do this effectively). Not every forum is blessed enough to have IKs. Most are trying to find a good moderator-- surrounding your mod with talent is one way to help him get to that point!

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Has Kalli probated anyone yet? I wonder if he's gotten that sweet taste of power by now

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So how many decent FAs are left? You've got James Jones, Emannuel Sanders, Michael Vick, Walter Thurmond. Am I missing anyone who might have meaningful impact on a team that signs them?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

anime gently caress pillow posted:

So how many decent FAs are left? You've got James Jones, Emannuel Sanders, Michael Vick, Walter Thurmond. Am I missing anyone who might have meaningful impact on a team that signs them?

Jermichael Finley if he's cleared.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Febreeze posted:

Has Kalli probated anyone yet? I wonder if he's gotten that sweet taste of power by now

Does Kalli have the power to Free Pop Dog?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

DRC, Henry Melton, Jermichael Finley

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

There would be something poetic about DRC landing in Oakland.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Lessail posted:

Well, if TFF didn't bring in any new posters, you would say "wow, how can Kalli succeed with such horrible posters?" Now that they do bring in a good to (maybe) very good poster you say, "the posters they bring in won't succeed because Kalli is moderating the forum!" So yeah, it's just not a very genuine way to argue "lol TFF" (trust me, there are a million ways to do this effectively). Not every forum is blessed enough to have IKs. Most are trying to find a good moderator-- surrounding your mod with talent is one way to help him get to that point!

For the record, I do not think Kalli is in any way bad. He is good at moderating and should have good posters. However, this is a very deep poster draft class in which every prospect is 4-5 times less stupid than Big Beef City, and would be cheaper than Big Beef City as well. Let's face it, TFF isn't making the front page this year, so it should draft and develop. The reason TFF is in this situation in the first place is because it trades for guys like wheez and SV's wife and signed them to big contracts when they could have drafted IKs in 2010.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

There would also be something poetic about a Patriots fan freeing a Ravens fan from his unjust and overly long probation

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

When will we know if Finley's neck has properly healed?
Will the Packers get to see the results before other teams?

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
A real headline, from the AP no less:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
That's awesome tho

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

There would also be something poetic about a Patriots fan freeing a Ravens fan from his unjust and overly long probation

It'd be like if Charles Manson were freed from jail tomorrow. They both come out and see how the world/forum life is like, and immediately walk back in their cells. They're safer on the inside. No lost seasons or PATHETICs to worry about.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

"Jets can't agree on deal and let DRC walk, signs extension with Sanchez"

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars
No news on Emmanuel Sanders leaving KC yet, so I guess that's good. Being the last real speed guy available in FA I'd really like the Chiefs to work something out with him.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Lessail posted:

We have a system, and we will follow that system as we believe it gives us the best chance of success.

<Signs Chichevache to a two year, 10,000 post extension.>

Febreeze posted:

Gotten a couple of reports, hovered over the probate button, laughed that I can still give people forums cancer and realized it's already been self policed. Usually someone says something dumb, someone calls him an idiot and the world moves on.

Intruder posted:

Does Kalli have the power to Free Pop Dog?

No, at least not without killing Kawalimus and I can't crush a baby bird. (Really, he's not coming back.)

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

windshipper posted:

He's no longer one of the best pass rushers. He can still play, but he's more than lost a step in speed and agility.

Or are you referring to Melton?

I understand that but christ I loved watching Ware in his prime. Dallas wasted so many years of his career with painfully poor decisions. It's how I'll feel when Romo's spinal discs jump out like hockey pucks.

Also, going into next year with Jeremy Mincey starting as the weakside end probably can't end well

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kalli posted:

Congratulations, Albert Haynesworth.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Kalli posted:

We have a system, and we will follow that system as we believe it gives us the best chance of success.

Not to start circlejerk chat but you know he's gonna run through those posts in about 4 months. Those irresponsible urban posters.....

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rap posted:

Not to start circlejerk chat but you know he's gonna run through those posts in about 4 months. Those irresponsible urban posters.....

Haha, god drat. But yeah, that's enough.

Has anyone signed Kenny Britt yet? Is he the last man standing for the Panthers?

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009

gohuskies posted:

And here I was all set to post my tongue twister "Packers picked a Pepper past its prime."

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

gohuskies posted:

Can't hate on this, I love alliteration in headlines.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kalli posted:

Has anyone signed Kenny Britt yet? Is he the last man standing for the Panthers?

Visiting the Rams today.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

That Which Squeaks posted:

Solid. Really happy about this offseason so far. Always more to be done, but man. :)

The only thing i want for Christmas now is for bill to reach out to Tony G.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Dear Mr. Idzik,

Please sign Mr. Rodgers Cromartie. I'm starting to get antsy.

Thanks.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

Steve Smith is a locker room cancer and I will get rid of him despite him being the face of the franchise. Now let me just find some upstanding and productive younger receiver to replace him. What's this? Kenny Britt went a whole month without an arrest? Sold!

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
Pretty happy that Edelman is back. If we can keep Vince this will be one of the best offseasons for the Pats since...2007?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Wishing the Browns had grabbed a WR in free agency and they've got a perfect HIPAA workaround: "Can you assure us you wouldn't be like Davone Bess?"

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Rap posted:

Wishing the Browns had grabbed a WR in free agency and they've got a perfect HIPAA workaround: "Can you assure us you wouldn't be like Davone Bess?"

Didn't they get Andrew Hawkins or was that a fever dream?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Professor Funk posted:

Didn't they get Andrew Hawkins or was that a fever dream?

hahaha forgot about that myself!! They put an offer in, he's a restricted free agent. Supposedly the Bengals don't want to match, but then Mike Brown do how he do

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Just realized it's going to be a really awkward training camp for Tom when none of his receivers are going to be able to get open.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

Petey posted:

Pretty happy that Edelman is back. If we can keep Vince this will be one of the best offseasons for the Pats since...2007?

Keep Vince(A 2 year restructure where he gets a little less this year but adds another year guaranteed makes too much sense not to get done), get a FA Center, and find some value to add at the WR position (Kenny Britt?) and I'll call this that, easily.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Mister Fister posted:

Just realized it's going to be a really awkward training camp for Tom when none of his receivers are going to be able to get open.

omg yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Fister posted:

Also, regular season.

I wonder how many long passes Brady will hit this year. I'm guessing under 5.

PantsFreeZone fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 15, 2014

• Locked thread