Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Did you know that Rob Dyrdek had a cartoon?

It is not good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeCXece_NQ0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Like a dozen episodes of Rob and Big/Fantasy Factory are about the slow creation of that cartoon. It didn't sound very good from the get-go but I can't hate it due to how psyched he is every time it's mentioned.

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012

Sockser posted:

Did you know that Rob Dyrdek had a cartoon?

It is not good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeCXece_NQ0

I saw this show on New Years and I am so amazed this show was made in 2013, seriously a character called Emo Cries, and about Xtream skate boarding kids. It like an executive from the 2004 was frozen an just came out of his coma.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
So apparently Season 3 of Ben 10: Omniverse is spooky stories-themed? Okay.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

horriblePencilist posted:

So apparently Season 3 of Ben 10: Omniverse is spooky stories-themed? Okay.

Yeah, the team weren't expecting major hiatuses that pushed spooky season to february. Though the 'season' is going to be eight episodes, afterwards there's an unrelated two-parter where Ben 10 teams up with every alternate version of himself, including the future one, as his biggest enemies try to wipe out all Ben from existence

I think the Celestials put him on trial a few episodes later for rebooting the universe.

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

Ding Dong the witch is dead!!!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Was he the guy responsible for that rash of live-action dogshit that CN is still recovering from?

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

raditts posted:

Was he the guy responsible for that rash of live-action dogshit that CN is still recovering from?

Indeed he was. He was also responsible for crapping all over the DC Nation block.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Maybe DC Nation can come back proper! :v:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

Maybe DC Nation can come back proper! :v:

2 Solid Hours of Teen Titans in various Forms. Teen Titans, Teen Titans: GO, Teen Titans: Babies. The possibilities are limitless.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Teen Titans: All Growed Up

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I think people give Snyder way too much poo poo he doesn't deserve. While he greenlighted some live action stuff, he's also responsible for CN having worthwhile original programming again. I don't really blame DC Nation on him either because there's a whole convoluted mess of things responsible for that block imploding.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

SlothfulCobra posted:

Teen Titans: All Growed Up

Young Justice?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
So they just announced that they're making a Dofus movie set to premiere sometime next year. It's no third season of Wakfu but at this point I get super pumped up for anything those guys make.

Also, if you haven't checked out Dofus TV series the movie is based on you're really missing out. The animation is gorgeous and the characters are charming as gently caress.

Edit for movie teaser image:

(Yes, that's what the show actually looks like.)

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 10, 2014

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?
Even given the aforementioned departure of Stu Snyder, Cartoon Network seems like it's at least trying to innovate. They've announced a mobile network which will feature original 15-second programs, and today announced its upcoming slate. (It's upfront season, but of the major kid cable networks, only Nickelodeon is actually doing a real "upfront" - the rest are going directly to advertisers, a concept CN pioneered last year.) It's a mainly comedy-oriented lineup, but what's there - especially Wabbit and We Bare Bears (which was based on a webcomic) - looks like it could be fun.

Cartoon Network posted:

NEW ORIGINAL AND ACQUIRED PROGRAMMING

OVER THE GARDEN WALL: Headlined by an all-star voice-cast that includes Elijah Wood (Lord of the Rings Trilogy), Collin Dean (The War at Home) and Melanie Lynskey (Two and a Half Men), Over the Garden Wall is Cartoon Network’s first event mini-series, an animated comedy/fantasy story about two brothers, Wirt and Greg, who are trapped in a mysterious world. In this ten-part mini-series, Wirt and Greg must travel across this strange land until they find their way home, aided by a wise old Woodsman who gives them directions and a bluebird named Beatrice. Music plays an important role in the series with a soundtrack full of Americana-influenced original songs. Over The Garden Wall is created by Pat McHale and produced by Cartoon Network Studios.

CLARENCE: From creator Skyler Page and premiering Monday, April 14 at 7 p.m., Clarence is a new, original animated series about an optimistic boy who wants to do everything. Because everything is amazing! Clarence was conceived as part of the prolific shorts development program at Cartoon Network Studios, which has resulted in six original series for the network: Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa, Steven Universe, Clarence, Over the Garden Wall and We Bare Bears.

WE BARE BEARS: We Bare Bears is a comedy about three bear siblings, named Grizzly, Panda and Ice Bear. Each episode follows their awkward attempts at assimilating into human society, whether they’re looking for food, trying to make human friends, or scheming to become internet famous. Whatever the situation, it’s obvious that being a bear in the civilized, modern world is tough—but at least they have each other. Created by Annie Award-winner Daniel Chong (Toy Story of Terror!), We Bare Bears is produced by Cartoon Network Studios.

THE TOM AND JERRY SHOW: The iconic cat and mouse rivals are back in The Tom and Jerry Show, a new, fresh take on the classic series. Preserving the look, characters and sensibility of the original, the all-new series shines a brightly colored, high-definition lens on the madcap slapstick and never-ending battle that has made Tom and Jerry two of the most beloved characters of all time. The Tom and Jerry Show is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and will premiere Wednesday, April 9 at 5:30 p.m.

BE COOL SCOOBY-DOO!: Be Cool Scooby-Doo! is an all-new 22-minute animated comedy series from Warner Bros. Animation. The Scooby gang is back with a modern comedic twist on the beloved classic. With high school over and one last summer to live it up, the gang hits the road in the Mystery Machine, chasing fun and adventure. But monsters and mayhem keep getting in the way.

WABBIT: A LOONEY TUNES PRODUCTION: The hilarious, heroic and mischievous Bugs Bunny you love is back! From Warner Bros. Animation, Bugs stars in an all-new series consisting of comedic shorts that find the iconic carrot-loving rabbit matching wits against (and getting the best of) classic characters like Yosemite Sam and Wile E. Coyote. Along the way, Bugs will encounter brand-new foes…and he’ll have some help from new friends like Bigfoot and Squeaks the squirrel.

LEGOŽ NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu: Continuing its robust partnership with The LEGO Group, Cartoon Network will re-introduce viewers to the awesome world of NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu with six new half-hour animated specials in 2014, followed by all-new episodes of the highly popular series slated for 2015.

SONIC BOOM™: Sonic the Hedgehog has been one of the world’s biggest gaming icons for over 20 years and this year a new branch of the Sonic universe debuts, entitled Sonic Boom™. With a new look for Sonic and friends, the franchise’s first-ever CG animated television series, an action-packed comedy adventure, will premiere on Cartoon Network with support from an extensive video game release of the same name. The Sonic Boom television series, coproduced by SEGAŽ of America, Inc. and OuiDO! Productions, will debut on Cartoon Network in the 2014/2015 season.

TOTAL DRAMA: PAHKITEW ISLAND: All-new island! All-new cast! Same old disregard for human safety! The Total Drama series returns as Chris and Chef put the newest generation of contestants through the craziest challenges yet—all for a chance to win one million dollars! Total Drama Island is produced by Fresh TV Inc.

NUMB CHUCKS: Woodchuck brothers Dilweed and Fungus didn’t always see themselves as mystical Kung Fu saviors until they stumbled upon an infomercial featuring mega legend Woodchuck Morris’ mullet-fueled motivational kung-fu video “The Way of the Chuck!” With an endless supply of confidence but a limited supply of brain cells, and countless hours of watching the video, this dimwitted duo transmorph-ified into THE NUMB CHUCKS!

BEYRAIDERZ: Sho, Jin and Leon find themselves trapped on a strange world once defended by the Six Mythic Beasts who upheld justice and brought prosperity for all through the battling BeyRaiderz tournaments. When the Beasts mysteriously disappeared, the world fell into ruin, and now it’s up to Sho and his friends to uncover the hidden BeyRaiderz stadiums, to battle to bring the Beasts back and restore prosperity to the world!

RETURNING SERIES
Adventure Time
Legends of Chima
Teen Titans GO!
The Amazing World of Gumball
Mixels
Tenkai Knights
Ben 10 Omniverse
Pokémon the Series: XY
Uncle Grandpa
Grojband
Regular Show
Johnny Test
Steven Universe

Later this year, Cartoon Network will introduce a unique user experience to the mobile marketplace when it launches a new digital initiative called Cartoon Network Anything. A fast-paced micro-network, Cartoon Network Anything will serve an ever-growing stream of fun and funny content to mobile phones and other small-screen mobile devices. Users will enjoy games, activities, trivia and clips, each lasting an average of 10 to 15 seconds. These diverse pieces of content will be randomized, and fans can move to the next piece by simply swiping their screens, resulting in entertainment that feels both immediate and infinite.
In addition to bringing a first-of-its-kind mobile offering to fans, Cartoon Network Anything will also provide unique sponsorship opportunities for Cartoon Network’s business partners. A perfect platform for native advertising, Cartoon Network Anything invites innovative advertising and sponsored content that suits the medium and that will feel organic to the overall micro-network.

Original "Always On" Programming for Cartoon Network Multiple Digital Platforms:
Angelo Rules (Season 2): For a kid, life can be a daily battle. There are adults, siblings, teachers and rivals telling them what to do, what not to do, what to say… Well, it’s time for kids to take control and Angelo’s here to show the way! He observes and then comes up with elaborate strategies to wheedle, sweet-talk, con, and work around any adversary. Season two of this new series comes from TeamTo and Cake Entertainment.

Detentionaire: Framed for a major prank and punished with a full year of detention, high schooler Lee Ping sneaks out of detention to try to expose who was really behind the prank and avoid being caught by the school’s principal Barrage. After clearing his name, Lee again attempts to sneak out of Barrage’s upgraded detention room, discovering that a strange pyramid under the school has something to do with Lee’s key, the parents council and the blue tazwurms. There is more to the school than meets the eye! Created by animators Daniel Bryan Franklin & Charles Johnston, Detentionaire is distributed by Nelvana.

Rocket Jo: Rocket Jo is an inventor-adventurer: his unique goal is to get his jet-pack to function and send him flying in the air for good…without effect. But his valiant attempts are always a false dawn to viewers’ great delight, as there always are failures, gags, explosions, falls, etc. Produced by Millimages and 2D3D, Rocket Jo works hard, drawing upon all his imagination, to make viewers laugh, both children and parents.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

OVER THE GARDEN WALL: Looks really pretty. Cool.

CLARENCE: I've liked Uncle Grandpa, Problem Solverz, and Secret Mountain Fort Awesome. I'll probably like Clarence.

WE BARE BEARS: We'll see, looks cute.

THE TOM AND JERRY SHOW: The 2006 series was terrible, and I'm not sure I even like classic Tom and Jerry any more, so uh... we'll see.

BE COOL SCOOBY-DOO!: Big shoes to fill here. I'm a sucker for Scooby-Doo though, so I'll probably dig it.

WABBIT: A LOONEY TUNES PRODUCTION: This is giving me vibes of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCaxXQdkfPk

Which is good.

LEGOŽ NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu: Sure whatever

SONIC BOOM™: Sure whatever

TOTAL DRAMA: PAHKITEW ISLAND: Sure whatever

NUMB CHUCKS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNgodUCfMu8

BEYRAIDERZ: The continued popularity of C-list anime amazes me

RETURNING SERIES
Tenkai Knights: What the gently caress is this
Grojband: gently caress you
Johnny Test: gently caress you

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The bear one looks adorable! And Over The Garden Wall seems pretty good. If Wabbit's anything like the Mickey Mouse Shorts then I'm in.

Scooby Doo's face is creeping me out, tho.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Sockser posted:

BE COOL SCOOBY-DOO!: Big shoes to fill here. I'm a sucker for Scooby-Doo though, so I'll probably dig it.

Oddly enough it sounds like it's picking up from the end of Mystery Incorporated, which I thought CN would ignore considering how quick they were to burn it off. I wonder who's behind it...

EDIT: Never mind, just saw Scooby's design. Clearly not picking up from Mystery Inc.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 10, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

You know what would be cool? The New Scooby-Doo Movies but with modern celebrities.

"Seth Rogen? What are you doing in this spooky mansion?"
"Oh yeah they hired me on as the groundskeeper"

But then also just have silver-age Batman.

I would like this.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

quote:

RETURNING SERIES
Steven Universe
Yesssss

quote:

Johnny Test
Noooooo

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Buck up, boys, only Canada can kill the plague that is Test, but there is a notable absence of the Annoying Orange!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
(To the tune of Jonny Cage: Prepare yourself)
#Johnny Test just can not loving well die!#

On a more aerodite note; just about everything bar Baywheelz sounds at least interesting even Scooby Doo. Lord knows whilst it'll never reach the heights of MI or What's New it can't hit the low of that fart that happened after What's New, whatever it was called.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Pat Mchale, the creator of Over the Garden Wall, was a writer, storyboard artist, and creative director for the first two seasons of Adventure Time, so count me as excited!

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

don Jaime posted:

Buck up, boys, only Canada can kill the plague that is Test

Either Canada or David Straiton.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I thought I read here that people hated it, but I really enjoyed the 7 minute pilot of Clarence. The kid's voice annoyed the poo poo out of me for the first 45 seconds, but then I ended up liking the rest of the show. It's dumb, but not completely random like Uncle Grandpa.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Dr Christmas posted:

Pat Mchale, the creator of Over the Garden Wall, was a writer, storyboard artist, and creative director for the first two seasons of Adventure Time, so count me as excited!

Yeah, that looks extremely promising. I wonder how long the episodes are going to be.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

DivisionPost posted:

Oddly enough it sounds like it's picking up from the end of Mystery Incorporated, which I thought CN would ignore considering how quick they were to burn it off. I wonder who's behind it...

EDIT: Never mind, just saw Scooby's design. Clearly not picking up from Mystery Inc.

Despite the new art style that makes it look like Scooby is on meth there, it still could be a M:I sequel.

don Jaime posted:

Buck up, boys, only Canada can kill the plague that is Test, but there is a notable absence of the Annoying Orange!

I haven't had to switch it away from that old poo poo in a while, now that I think about it.

Sure have had to turn away / fast forward past lots of Johnny Test and loving Total Drama though.

raditts fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 11, 2014

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Teletoon is a plague upon the Earth and must be cleansed. Yea, even with fire dost thou cleanse away the poison.

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe

Sockser posted:

You know what would be cool? The New Scooby-Doo Movies but with modern celebrities.

I would like this.
I would love this too, but I think the closest we'll get is Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery.

quote:

When Shaggy and Scooby win tickets to WrestleMania, the entire gang travels in the Mystery Machine to WWE City to attend the epic event. However, when a mysterious ghostly bear appears and threatens to ruin the show, Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne and Fred work with WWE Superstars to solve the case.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Sockser posted:

I would like this.

In 2001 they did a Halloween special called Night of the Living Doo that was basically this. Featuring special guest star David Cross.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Night of the Living Doo was awesome, and as a wrestling fan I'm cautiously excited for the new movie.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Sockser posted:

I would like this.

"Let's find out who the ghastly ghoul really was!" - "Kanye West!?"

On a serious note, I am very curious about Be Cool Scooby Doo. I'm a massive fan of Mystery Incorperated and I have my doubts regarding a worthy successor. That promo shot doesn't seem very promising, but if I learnt anything from Teen Titans Go it's to always stay open. The other stuff:

Over the Garden Wall looks fantastic, reminds me of the old european cartoons I had to watch because we had like 3 channels as a kid. I hope Bare Bears will have more to it outside of "cute bumbling bears", otherwise I'll pass. Very excited about Wabbit, I utterly love the Mickey Mouse shorts and since The Looney Tunes show I really like Bugs and the rest.

It's kind of funny that traditionally animated cartoons seem to be coming back now. Which is kind of a shame, since we've finally figured out how to make it look good on TV; just look at Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, these guys work on a tiny budget and it looks amazing.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
I can't explain it, but the premise and picture of We Bare Bears makes me think of a mix of 2 Stupid Dogs and Regular Show. I hope that I'm right.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

quote:

THE TOM AND JERRY SHOW: The iconic cat and mouse rivals are back in The Tom and Jerry Show, a new, fresh take on the classic series. Preserving the look, characters and sensibility of the original, the all-new series shines a brightly colored, high-definition lens on the madcap slapstick and never-ending battle that has made Tom and Jerry two of the most beloved characters of all time.

I'm going to be interested in seeing what they're going to do with this, as I feel like no modern version of T&J have come even close in feel to the originals.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

...of SCIENCE! posted:

In 2001 they did a Halloween special called Night of the Living Doo that was basically this. Featuring special guest star David Cross.

They also kind of did this with Batman: Brave and the Bold when Batmite was looking at alternative Batman universes. I believe it had Weird Al, and Batmite also took off the old censorship, so Scooby and Shaggy punched out Joker and Penguin.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

PicklePants posted:

They also kind of did this with Batman: Brave and the Bold when Batmite was looking at alternative Batman universes. I believe it had Weird Al, and Batmite also took off the old censorship, so Scooby and Shaggy punched out Joker and Penguin.

Brave and the Bold was the best

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Brave and the Bold was the best

Yep

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

I loved how that episode pointed out filmations horribly cheap work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Sockser posted:

Let's be honest here, as much as I and likely a lot of people here enjoyed Mystery Inc., there were idiots that attacked it for not being the same old formula that even old Willie H and Joe B hated as they milked it like a 70s Sponge Bob. There's a strong possibility BE COOL is just going to be a return to the same old grind, but with some Inc characteristics - but please god, let me be wrong. :(

Sockser posted:

BEYRAIDERZ: The continued popularity of C-list anime amazes me

Tenkai Knights: What the gently caress is this

I love Tenkai Knights, its like they unfroze some Go-Bot level soulless toy advertisement and dumped a fresh coat of modern anime characteristics on before they placed it, along with Beyblade Whatever, for their current Saturday Morning bloc. However, as much as I'd love to derail into how CN has turned their Saturday Mornings into an animation Ghetto until Steven Universe or Teen Titans Go! comes on; of all the failed Pokemon era fad shows to revive, is loving Beyblade seriously the new Yuigioh? Are anime battle tops actually popular now or is this just another case of Johnny Test where CN will keep and over-air the cheapest poo poo they can find?