Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Jamesman posted:

Egoraptor.

Is an animator.

Has someone else animate for him.

If he animated this it would take two decades to be released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Didn't he outsource the entirety of the Luigi's Ballad movie and only worked on a couple of keyframes.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It's not like he can't afford it...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jamesman posted:

Egoraptor.

Is an animator.

Has someone else animate for him.

Success breeds laziness on the internet/most places. Why put the effort in when you can pay people to do your work? A lot of the newcomers to your stuff aren't even going to notice because they probably haven't been there since before you started outsourcing. They also get to point the finger at the older fans and say "typical old timer only liking the old stuff"

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
She's probably like a friend of one of theirs they wanted to give some publicity to you goofs

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...
This archived World of Warcraft stream is pretty sexy. I had to stop to take a cold shower after watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r71l-ajiuHA

Even after riffing this, I still can't quite get over it. Here's her Twitch if you feel bad for her and want to watch someone play WoW.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Mr DJB posted:

This archived World of Warcraft stream is pretty sexy. I had to stop to take a cold shower after watching it.

Even after riffing this, I still can't quite get over it. Here's her Twitch if you feel bad for her and want to watch someone play WoW.

I... What? Huh? What did I just see? :stare:

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...
It's the hot new movement that the LP subforum has been crying out for! Chip, Geop, Zorak, hit me up!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I made it 1:50 into that video. What is happening here? Why do you want me to watch this?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Monicro posted:

She's probably like a friend of one of theirs they wanted to give some publicity to you goofs

Not really gonna comment on it too much, but just for everyone's information, but regarding the animated Game Grumps Episode, this happened over about three hours.

Fake Edit: start from the bottom, whoops.

heytallman
Aug 30, 2013

Is not actually tall.

Oh my loving God.

I made it to about 1:30 then decided to skip to around 15 minutes in. When they got to talking about the friend zone, I thought I had enough, but decided to skip to 25:00 to see something so much worse.

Thanks so much, DJB.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I... this can't be real, people can't possibly be this stupid. It's so dumb but I just can't look away!

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

It's okay, little guy. I would be scared too.
That riff is amongst the most hilarious things. Not only for the Shrek mask.

We joke about LP dating, well, it's slowly becoming a reality!

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

I have seen some of this before. So I scanned to about the 19 minute area. He asks her to dance. The akwardness is on overload at that part. Both sides win the akward award.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I tried watching more, but I don't think I have the stomach to make it through the whole thing. It's just the most awkward thing, and it makes me feel so bad about everything.

He pulls out a candle and flowers and starts singing a song about her. And then he's like "You like the beach huh? HOW ABOUT THIS?" *pulls up picture of a beachside restaurant, places facecam in empty seat*

Here's his Twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/nosleeptv

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

RSCNyx posted:

We joke about LP dating, well, it's slowly becoming a reality!

Couples who LP together stay together. :allears:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
'Beef, do you ever think you'll get around to doing the RP of Policenauts with Diabeetus you mentioned wanting to do way back when you did it the first time?

heytallman posted:

Oh my loving God.

I made it to about 1:30 then decided to skip to around 15 minutes in. When they got to talking about the friend zone, I thought I had enough, but decided to skip to 25:00 to see something so much worse.

Thanks so much, DJB.

I think I know one of the people involved in that. :frog:

Oh also bichons are adorable. :3:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 15, 2014

unfair
Oct 6, 2012
Looks like more YouTube Content ID drama: http://pastebin.com/BXsgfjTr

Sounds like what was happening with TuneCore/Indmusic and the Thomas Was Alone music. Mike Bithell had to spend quite a while yelling at them before that issue was resolved. It's weird that YouTube lets these third-party music companies run so rampant, seems like they need to lock down Content ID a little bit more. Restrict it to big publishers and not allow resellers and licensing agencies.

KamenZero
Oct 19, 2013

Jamesman posted:

I tried watching more, but I don't think I have the stomach to make it through the whole thing. It's just the most awkward thing, and it makes me feel so bad about everything.

He pulls out a candle and flowers and starts singing a song about her. And then he's like "You like the beach huh? HOW ABOUT THIS?" *pulls up picture of a beachside restaurant, places facecam in empty seat*

Here's his Twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/nosleeptv

It all comes to a head at the end when she rejects "going back to his place". The utter look of dejection on his face as he just slowly gets up and walks around for a little bit. And the best part is minutes later when she implies she already likes and/or is involved with someone else.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Since we were on the topic of Game Grumps recently, I thought I'd bring up Table Flip. It's an interesting side project of theirs where they play tabletop games and wear funny outfits. As I understand it, it's primarily Barry and Suzy's show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcVy8le8oyo

Seems like it could bring exposure to some lesser known tabletop games.

Also, it gives me an excuse to use :livintrope:

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Aurain posted:

Success breeds laziness on the internet/most places. Why put the effort in when you can pay people to do your work? A lot of the newcomers to your stuff aren't even going to notice because they probably haven't been there since before you started outsourcing. They also get to point the finger at the older fans and say "typical old timer only liking the old stuff"

Some friends-of-friends who've met Arin personally say the relationship with Suzy isn't a healthy one. His weight fluctuates like crazy because he goes on whatever weird diet she's on and he refuses to stand up to her about anything, a privilege she abuses without hesitation. Supposedly that's the "real" reason Jon left Grumps, he had an argument with Suzy, and Arin, faced with the choice between never seeing his best loving friend again and telling Suzy she's being unreasonable, decided he'd rather let Jon get kicked to the curb than deal with the fallout of disagreeing with Suzy.

All that said, I can't actually confirm the truth of any of this because I don't know Arin myself, but if it is true I would totally believe that his physical and emotional state is so far in the shitter that he literally can't do his own animating.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Man, now I just want a Youtube Star Let's Player soap opera where on this week's episode we find out DSP is PDPs evil twin brother.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dr. Buttass posted:

All that said, I can't actually confirm the truth of any of this because I don't know Arin myself, but if it is true I would totally believe that his physical and emotional state is so far in the shitter that he literally can't do his own animating.

The last thing I watched by Egoraptor of my own initiative was Pokeawesome 2. "Okay, I'm done", and never looked back.

That said, I'm sure he's still funny from time to time, and he's a good animator if he actually works at it.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Dr. Buttass posted:

Some friends-of-friends who've met Arin personally say the relationship with Suzy isn't a healthy one. His weight fluctuates like crazy because he goes on whatever weird diet she's on and he refuses to stand up to her about anything, a privilege she abuses without hesitation. Supposedly that's the "real" reason Jon left Grumps, he had an argument with Suzy, and Arin, faced with the choice between never seeing his best loving friend again and telling Suzy she's being unreasonable, decided he'd rather let Jon get kicked to the curb than deal with the fallout of disagreeing with Suzy.

Seriously speculating on the relationship problems and mental state of a guy who you've never met is insanely cool and not at all creepy.

Nihilarian posted:

This is a smilie that everyone should use at every given opportunity.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Saagonsa posted:

Seriously speculating on the relationship problems and mental state of a guy who you've never met is insanely cool and not at all creepy.

No, you're right, it's much more considerate to call him a lazy piece of poo poo because he's not animating literally everything related to projects he's doing.

C'mon man, at least mine has a shred of human empathy and misplaced concern attached to it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wasn't calling him a piece of poo poo for doing things the easy way, for what it's worth. He's only capable of doing things the easy way, like hiring animators instead of doing it all himself, because he did it the hard way at the hardest time of his career and made himself a success. I don't really know why you quoted me to tell me about his marriage though, Dr. Buttass.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
Hey I'm Grump,
And I've been subjugated by my wife.
Save me from this barren wasteland of a marriage.
[citation needed]

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Dr. Buttass posted:

Thanks for the expert assessment, Dr. Buttass.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nihilarian posted:

Since we were on the topic of Game Grumps recently, I thought I'd bring up Table Flip. It's an interesting side project of theirs where they play tabletop games and wear funny outfits. As I understand it, it's primarily Barry and Suzy's show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcVy8le8oyo

Seems like it could bring exposure to some lesser known tabletop games.

"Primarily Barry and Suzy" in the sense that Barry and Suzy are on the show, and Arin and Danny are pretty much the only guests they ever have. Then Suzy sits there while everyone else talks about god-knows-what and sometimes says "OK guys stop enjoying yourselves and let's get back to the game." It's loving horrible.

If you want a show about board games, watch TableTop instead. Funnily enough, Table Flip uses almost all the same games, but TableTop is a show where the people enjoy playing the games and they're not annoying ADHD shitbags while they play.

wottermelon
Mar 12, 2014

Mr DJB posted:

No. No. I knew what this was as soon as I read the title. I can't go through 35 minutes of it again.

I don't want to give it too much crap, because, you know, you've got to work with what you've got, so a date over webcams with serious delays is going to have some issues, but man... I keep flipping between scrutiny and pity for the guy. All I know is that I would never want to be in either person's place.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

wottermelon posted:

I don't want to give it too much crap, because, you know, you've got to work with what you've got, so a date over webcams with serious delays is going to have some issues, but man... I keep flipping between scrutiny and pity for the guy. All I know is that I would never want to be in either person's place.

If you can't take 2 hours of your life to go out on a real date with someone...

And I don't mean you personally, of course. But who does dates over webcam, while streaming and then save it for posterity?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jamesman posted:

"Primarily Barry and Suzy" in the sense that Barry and Suzy are on the show, and Arin and Danny are pretty much the only guests they ever have. Then Suzy sits there while everyone else talks about god-knows-what and sometimes says "OK guys stop enjoying yourselves and let's get back to the game." It's loving horrible.

If you want a show about board games, watch TableTop instead. Funnily enough, Table Flip uses almost all the same games, but TableTop is a show where the people enjoy playing the games and they're not annoying ADHD shitbags while they play.

Well, TableTop is well-edited and has a host who understands both that the games are the star (note that Wheaton spends like 5 minutes of each episode gushing about that week's game) and that the best way to show them off, is to make sure his guests have fun. It also means that deviations from that work better, like when Wil's wife knocked over all the trains in Ticket To Ride.

And, although it looks like they've obviously been doing it much less time, they've already done CAH twice? Seriously? You couldn't shell out 20 bucks for a Munchkin set?

Captain Sheepy
Nov 22, 2013

My apologies!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

If you can't take 2 hours of your life to go out on a real date with someone...

And I don't mean you personally, of course. But who does dates over webcam, while streaming and then save it for posterity?

Creepazoids, lonely nerds, or at least the dangerous combination of the two. My question is: Who the hell would be willing to watch the entirety of this?

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

It's okay, little guy. I would be scared too.
The ending to this video makes me sick. Not that the rest of it is great or anything, seeing how he has absolutely nothing of value to say about anything.

Live commentary is great and saves time if you can pull it off. The issue is, you kinda need things to say? Constantly making noise doesn't really count.

As for Game Grumps, it just always felt forced to me. I personally thought Egoraptor did better with his own stuff (JonTron as well). The Sequelitis videos were pretty good!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, I love Jon's solo stuff and love that he's doing more of it now. In Game Grumps, it always seemed like he'd put forward an opinion, Arin would forcefully disagree, and Jon would just buckle and go "Yeah."

heytallman
Aug 30, 2013

Is not actually tall.

"It seems like speedruns are pretty easy, to be honest." Aaaaand that's where I decided to skip to the end to see how sickening it was.

You were right.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

RSCNyx posted:

The ending to this video makes me sick. Not that the rest of it is great or anything, seeing how he has absolutely nothing of value to say about anything.

Awww yeah, the Neo-NotSoInformative-Cornshaq be droppin' MAD beats at the end yo. Subscirbe, comment, and like, yous gonna love watchin da Ather DAWGS. "Axe him no questions and him tell youse no lies, he'll be the LP god as soon as PewDiePie dies!"

Spin that poo poo.

Mulgar
Dec 8, 2013
All this talk of Game Grumps reminded me that one of my favorite channels on YouTube created this :cripes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9ZkyG95LHs
:siren:WARNING: Very loud intro and outro. Mind your ears!:siren:

There is so much wrong here, I can't even begin :psyduck:

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Aurain posted:

I don't really know why you quoted me to tell me about his marriage though, Dr. Buttass.

Call me Mr. Silly if you like, but my understanding is that it's considered helpful to have some indication of context for your remarks. So, obviously I felt that what I said constituted some kind of response to your statement. I mean I guess I could have just wandered into the thread and announced it, unbidden, but I have no particular drive to actually just blurt out that sort of thing without having a reason to.

Suspicious Dish posted:

Thanks for the expert assessment, Dr. Buttass.

My doctorate is in butts and asses. That includes covering them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mulgar posted:

There is so much wrong here, I can't even begin :psyduck:

-We aren't original, and won't even try. Let's ironically call for people to hate us because that's a DSP thing.

They sound like they are trying really hard to be funny.

• Locked thread