Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Problem is Bosch lives in Cali. Although he has actually worked with Funimation before and is the kind of guy who would go out to do a voice for a character he really liked if he got the part. That and Mercer being involved with this make me really question just who they could get. Nonetheless they sure are building up Eren's VA like mad, so I'm expecting something surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
What are the odds on Vic Mignogna?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have no idea what Vic is doing ever, so he's possible. Like with Johnny, I at least know he's almost never not doing voice work in California except one occasion. I don't ever know with Vic because he is very on and off between being a Cali VA and a Funimation one.

Also here's the last list of the cast.

Reiner – Robert McCollum
Annie – Lauren Landa
Armin – Josh Grelle
Samuel – Dave Trosko
Thomas – Duncan Brannan
Tom – Tyler Walker
Wald – Barry Yandell
Woerman – Christopher R. Sabat

I guess Eren is really gonna be our big reveal, I am seriously curious about who they got for him. Also they got Sabat to voice the dude who screams a ton, that's great.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 15, 2014

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Elotana posted:

The voices sound okay but all the dialogue snippets so far have very clunky phrasing, even in parts where they don't need to match frames.

Yeah, it's all been super awkward. I can't tell if I'm just being a "the original voices are always better!" anime nerd or if these are really as cringeworthy as they feel like.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Huh, seems they went metric with the titan classifications in the dub. More European I guess.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
They were meters in the subs, too.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Is there a release date set for the part 2 of the blu-ray? I know they released Jormungand sets 1&2 on the same day and I am kind of hoping they will for Titan as well.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No there is not. Right now they're hyping up the first part, the second part might be out by the end of this year or the start of the next

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Funimation just officially released the first dub preview on Youtube for anyone who hasn't already seen it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwbJOSm4SUs

Omni-directional mobility gear

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 17, 2014

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Saagonsa posted:

Omni-directional mobility gear
:doh:

The dub sounds good otherwise. Have they announced that Eren is Patrick Warburton yet?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Omni-directional mobility gear is fine, it's basically the same concept. I prefer 3D Maneuver myself as it's easier to say, but whatever. Also no they have not announced Eren yet, presumably we'll know when the airing happens at Anime Boston.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Might as well post it here as well: anime reviewer JesuOtaku has put up a big character analysis video of the main characters. It's mostly just the anime stuff, but it does go into manga spoilers after 28:10. Recommended viewing!

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Squidster posted:

:doh:

The dub sounds good otherwise. Have they announced that Eren is Patrick Warburton yet?

Lol.

Also I just assumed they'd say "three-dee-em-gee" instead of saying the whole thing.
My personal favorite dub name that the thread suggested for it was "shooty-mczip-zip"

KoB
May 1, 2009

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Omni-directional mobility gear is fine, it's basically the same concept. I prefer 3D Maneuver myself as it's easier to say, but whatever. Also no they have not announced Eren yet, presumably we'll know when the airing happens at Anime Boston.

Its just way longer and clunkier than 3D Maneuver Gear/3D Gear is all.

Maybe they'll shorten it to Omni-Gear when necessary, which isnt a terrible nickname.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I think the catch is that they needed something with the same amount of syllables as the Japanese name for the 3DMG, which is quite long and clunky. Mouth flaps, yo.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

KoB posted:

Maybe they'll shorten it to Omni-Gear when necessary, which isnt a terrible nickname.
This could be decent. Omnitool was a common term in Mass Effect.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
3d maneuver gear was an incredibly dumb name to begin with, so at least they're keeping the dub on the same level of sophistication :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Eren's VA has been confirmed, if you watch Adult Swim you might recognize this VA as one Kirito and Rin Okumura.

Yes, that's right it's Bryce loving Pappenbrook, the new main character voice in anime.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014...tm_nooverride=1

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I was most definitely not expecting Papenbrook. But I can dig it.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

"Japan's equivalent of The Walking Dead" is probably one of the funnier endorcments I've seen

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Saagonsa posted:

"Japan's equivalent of The Walking Dead" is probably one of the funnier endorcments I've seen

Worst description I've seen since Genshiken was introduced with the words "Like The Big Bang Theory..."

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

Worst description I've seen since Genshiken was introduced with the words "Like The Big Bang Theory..."

Well, I suppose if you have to draw an equivalent to a popular western show, TWD's about as close to AOT as you can get.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Eren's VA has been confirmed, if you watch Adult Swim you might recognize this VA as one Kirito and Rin Okumura.

Yes, that's right it's Bryce loving Pappenbrook, the new main character voice in anime.

That's a great choice for Eren.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Well, I suppose if you have to draw an equivalent to a popular western show, TWD's about as close to AOT as you can get.

I never watched either Walking Dead nor Game of Thrones but I imagined Attack on Titan being sort of like Game of Thrones for nerds because everybody dies and it's miserable.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Segmentation Fault posted:

I never watched either Walking Dead nor Game of Thrones but I imagined Attack on Titan being sort of like Game of Thrones for nerds because everybody dies and it's miserable.

I've only played the game, but isn't "Everyone dies and it's miserable" a decent description of the Walking Dead, too?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a good choice I just wish it didn't reaffirm some of the problems with English voice acting.

Saagonsa posted:

"This show has mindless monsters who eat people, it's totally like The Walking Dead!"

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Spiritus Nox posted:

I've only played the game, but isn't "Everyone dies and it's miserable" a decent description of the Walking Dead, too?

The game and comics, yes. The TV show, not at all.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Orgia Carnaval posted:

The voice sounds fine, but that is a terribly cut trailer. If I wasn't familiar with the show, I would have no idea what the pitch was.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Is there a version available in the UK yet? That trailer's blocked off for me.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Segmentation Fault posted:

It's kind of like parts of Game of Thrones. Kind of.

(personally I think it's more like Battlestar Galactica than anything else)

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

Given that's from io9, which is part of Gawker/Kotaku's network of hack reporters, I am not surprised.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
The trailer in that link seems to be pushing Annie as more of a main character than Mikasa, interestingly enough.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Angry Walrus posted:

The trailer in that link seems to be pushing Annie as more of a main character than Mikasa, interestingly enough.

That's because she's actually one of the more interesting characters in the show.

Ojo
Jul 4, 2003

Well... when I said that I had a plan, I meant that I have to plan... the plan.

Darth Walrus posted:

Is there a version available in the UK yet? That trailer's blocked off for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPGxAELSvFI works for me here in Norway, at least. :)

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Squidster posted:

The voice sounds fine, but that is a terribly cut trailer. If I wasn't familiar with the show, I would have no idea what the pitch was.

FUNimation really needs better trailer editors. It's the worst part of any of their panels. Not because they ARE trailers, but the presentation is often boring.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Started watching this after countless recommendations and kind of giving up on anime, i'm on episode 6 right now and HOLY poo poo! :stare: I am officially hooked.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

BigRed0427 posted:

Started watching this after countless recommendations and kind of giving up on anime, i'm on episode 6 right now and HOLY poo poo! :stare: I am officially hooked.

Do not return here until you are finished.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Do not return here until you are finished.

Ok, finished the anime and...I take it any real answers as to What the gently caress is happening exactly are in the Manga?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

Ok, finished the anime and...I take it any real answers as to What the gently caress is happening exactly are in the Manga?

There are SOME answers, yes. Keep in mind it's an ongoing series, there are still plenty of mysteries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

There are no answers, only pain and misery... so far.

We're all hoping the second season, or the rest of the manga, will have the answers.

• Locked thread