Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The NFC West is going to murder eachother. I can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
To be fair, if you're Emmanuel Sanders, why wouldn't you play with Peyton Manning for two years, rack up some exaggerated stats, and get a Decker like payday down the road?

The Denver/Pats arms race kinda owns.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Homestar Runner posted:

Decker replacement plan

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 20s
Neither team nor player's agent will confirm, but Broncos are expected to sign former Steelers WR Emmauel Sanders, per league sources.

It wasn't going to happen anyway but still, gently caress off Denver.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Peyton is furious and has taken over the GM's job.

Whispering, "not again, never again." over and over again.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Parmesan Basil posted:

It wasn't going to happen anyway but still, gently caress off Denver.

Did Sanders walk out on the Chiefs or something

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I really don't think a lack of offensive options was what hurt the Broncos in the SB.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Homestar Runner posted:

Did Sanders walk out on the Chiefs or something

Just yesterday he was talking to us.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Parmesan Basil posted:

Just yesterday he was talking to us.

Peyton Manning or Alex Smith. Hm.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

CharlestheHammer posted:

Every night, Kam Chancellor stands outside Peyton's window, motionless and wreathed in shadow.

Watching.

Waiting.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Peyton Manning or Alex Smith. Hm.

4th target or 1st/2nd? He's still behind D. Thomas, Welker and J. Thomas in Denver. In KC he would have only had to really compete with Bowe for targets.

But really, it still boils down to gently caress John Elway. I hate him so much.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I really don't think a lack of offensive options was what hurt the Broncos in the SB.

I wasn't talking about one signing in particular.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is cold. Hasn't even left KC.

@RavensInsider
Emmanuel Sanders remains in Kansas City right now tonight, spending his second night in Kansas City, according to a source

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

gently caress football ya'll

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
It's going to own when the camera pans to Peyton's face when Sanders is wide open in the middle of the field, catches a sure touchdown, and inexplicably fumbles in the open field untouched in next years AFC championship game

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

gently caress Denver. gently caress Elway.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ozu posted:

This is cold. Hasn't even left KC.

@RavensInsider
Emmanuel Sanders remains in Kansas City right now tonight, spending his second night in Kansas City, according to a source

Eh, Schefter's been wrong about KC before so maybe.

Nah, not going to happen, but unless he's just a jerk I would think this means it isn't a done deal.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
Breer reporting it also though...

@AlbertBreer
WR Emmanuel Sanders has agreed to terms with the Broncos. Part of replacing Decker's production.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Who cares about Emmanuel sanders

not me

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Homestar Runner posted:

Breer reporting it also though...

@AlbertBreer
WR Emmanuel Sanders has agreed to terms with the Broncos. Part of replacing Decker's production.

At least go there, Denver isn't what you think of when you think about living in Colorado :colbert:

I'm more confused than anything, it just seems weird.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Schefter sits patiently in the center of his vast and fractal web of sources, idly listening to the world speaking to him via the subtle vibrations in his net, shaking out tweets on silken threads, his multifaceted eyes locked forever on the one hole, the ghastly tear, the eternal refuge of his enemies which he dares not approach: Kansas City.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Eh, Schefter's been wrong about KC before so maybe.

Nah, not going to happen, but unless he's just a jerk I would think this means it isn't a done deal.
Schefter is well connected with anything involving Denver, so I'd say it's going to happen.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

Grittybeard posted:

At least go there, Denver isn't what you think of when you think about living in Colorado :colbert:

I'm more confused than anything, it just seems weird.

Yeah, per Rotoworld:

Rotoworld posted:

Broncos agreed to terms with WR Emmanuel Sanders, formerly of the Steelers.
Sanders never even visited with the Broncos, but will replace Eric Decker as the No. 3 receiver behind Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker. It's an ideal landing spot for his fantasy value, though Sanders won't be higher than the No. 4 option in the passing game.

...The Chiefs, Jets, 49ers, and Jaguars also showed interest in Sanders prior to signing with Denver.

Also, Pats apparently sign LaFell.

@AdamSchefter 1m
And now Patriots have reached agreement on a three-year deal with former Panthers WR Brandon LaFell, per source.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Don't tell Peyton tho

e: what is Brandon LaFell

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Petey posted:

Don't tell Peyton tho

The last actual WR the Panthers had left.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Petey posted:

A...guy who you shouldn't get excited about. He plays WR, not terribly well. As in not terribly well even when you compare him to Pats wideouts last year.

Homestar Runner posted:

Yeah, per Rotoworld:

I guess you can't go up against playing with Peyton these days.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
With Edelman and Sanders both off the market, if Carolina isn't backing up a truckload of cash to James Jones' doorstep, they're complete lunatics. Outside of Jones, who's even left in the free agent pool?

- Santonio Holmes: injury-prone, doesn't give a gently caress, hasn't had a good season since 2009
- Miles Austin: more injury-prone, peaked in 2009
- Kenny Britt: even more injury-prone, doesn't give a gently caress, all sorts of red flags, hasn't reached his potential since entering the league in 2009
- Sidney Rice: even more injury-prone, peaked in 2009

Bizarre 2009 connections aside, the Panthers are basically stuck with "James Jones + 1st round WR + 2nd or 3rd round WR" as their only remaining option to field even a somewhat competent offense this year. Poor Cam.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Man if the Panthers don't sign Jones they are like, completely boned huh? Obviously there's the draft but they need to replace Gross and help the secondary too, not to mention the difficulty in finding rookie WRs to contribute right away.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Petey posted:

Mediocre guy, signed him because Dobson is gonna be out for a few months after foot surgery and because it really wouldn't be hard to beat out Josh Boyce or whatever others guys we're running out there for the 4th-5th WR spots. May even overtake

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
So do you cancel the meeting with Britt now or just lowball him

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Kalli posted:

Mediocre guy, signed him because Dobson is gonna be out for a few months after foot surgery and because it really wouldn't be hard to beat out Josh Boyce or whatever others guys we're running out there for the 4th-5th WR spots. May even overtake

idk I think Boyce might be the 3rd option this year behind Edelman and Amendola (when healthy). He looked really, really good when he was healthy this year.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Not a Brandon LaFell fan, so I'm not upset about this. But I'd really like to see us make a serious move on James Jones now.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

It's a nice WR draft but some of those guys are going to take 2-3 years before they reach starter level. I know they are in a cap crunch, but was bringing back Lafell/Ginn so hard to do? Would have at least provided Cam some familiarity while the new guys worked in.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Erskine Hinds
‏@ErskineTheGreat
Source: DT Henry Melton's agents are in serious contract negotiations with the Seattle #Seahawks #NFLFreeAgency

I dont know who this (the Twitter guy, no Melton) guy is, but this would be a pretty cool signing, especially if they can get him on a cheap, one year deal. This Twitter man seems to think a deal is imminent and will be announced tomorrow or late tonight.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

It's a nice WR draft but some of those guys are going to take 2-3 years before they reach starter level. I know they are in a cap crunch, but was bringing back Lafell/Ginn so hard to do? Would have at least provided Cam some familiarity while the new guys worked in.

Yeah, I was most disappointed that we let Ginn walk. He actually looked like a competent receiver last season, added a TON of value to our special teams, and it would have been nice for Cam to have at least some continuity.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Petey posted:

idk I think Boyce might be the 3rd option this year behind Edelman and Amendola (when healthy). He looked really, really good when he was healthy this year.

I'm pretty sure you are thinking of Aaron Dobson. Because Boyce had 9 catches and barely saw the field and it wasn't because of injuries.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The top WR left on the Panthers is Marvin Mcnutt? Is this a cruel loving joke?

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles
I was hoping the Raiders would make a harder push for Melton but it seems like our FO took the weekend off. Maybe they're waiting for the market to settle a bit.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

anime gently caress pillow posted:

The top WR left on the Panthers is Marvin Mcnutt? Is this a cruel loving joke?

I check this forum almost every day so I guess that means I should pretty much know what is what in football. The radio named the Panthers receivers on Friday and I had never heard of any of them. They may as well have been made up names

(well I recognized one name because he played at Appalachian, but I had no idea he was in the NFL)

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

What the gently caress panthers? LaFell was the one I most wanted to see go, but I was stockholders syndromed in to desperately wanting him back after the other 3 losses. Next season will not be a fun one to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I'm not much of a drinker, but the Panthers are determined to get me to start. And I have this sinking feeling that they're going for an OT in the first round.

• Locked thread