Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Infidel Castro posted:

Alright, I'm sold.

you picked a good season to start following philly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I still hate the Quakes as a team and the public face of their supporters but those new shirts are pretty nice.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Hungryjack posted:

I'm gonna have some fun!

What do you consider fun?

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
It is incredibly hard to find MLS games on TV where I live. I fear the MLS experiment may end before it even started. :/

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Hoover Dam posted:

What do you consider fun?

Running for four hours until his nipples bleed

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

It is incredibly hard to find MLS games on TV where I live. I fear the MLS experiment may end before it even started. :/

atdee.net

Forearm
Nov 14, 2005
Soccer by Ives is reporting that the reasons Jose Gonsalves didn't play today wasn't injury related, apparently Jay Heaps told him to Jose to stop bitching about his contract or don't play. We see which one he chose. It looks like the Revs picked another winner. See you at the bottom of the table again boys and girls.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
FC Dallas hasn't lost a game yet. AWESOME!

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

Where do you live?

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision

guppy posted:

Where do you live?

Omaha.

ubiquitous rex
Oct 28, 2003

Mullet power!
Does anyone subscribe to the MLS AppleTV service and as it worth it?

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

ubiquitous rex posted:

No
Probably not

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
Alright you shiftless yanks, none of you wrote a Sounders write-up so I've decided to pull my finger out and do it. You have no one to blame but yourselves.

Tongues' Excellent Guide to the Sounders who are from Seattle and Play the Footballs

A bolt of eldritch fire shoots from the primordial god, He-Whos-Beard-Is-A-Scarf, the god of War and Lattes

As the bolt hits the bubbling ooze at the centre of the void of eternity, the viscous slime begins to boil and green. As nature and the universe recoil in horror, the grave demon emerges. According to the mad wizard Wik-Peda, the demons first words are said to be Raaaaaaave Greeeeeen.

The Emergence of the Chaos-Beast, a crude painting found splattered in excrement on the walls of the chronicler, Tongues.

Supporters

The most wizened of our sages have interpreted only the most recent and least vile of the arcane texts before succumbing to insanity. Legends tell of a large Ur-Supporter Beast, the true aims of which no mortal can discern.

The Dreadbeast of Carey, bathing in the bloodied tears of sacrificial victims. Survivors have hinted at darker purposes behind the Careybeast, since even Sounder victories have yet to satisfy it's hunger. All that can be heard is THEPOINTSDONTMATTERTHEPOINTSDONTMATTERTHEPOINTSDONTMATTER

In an effort to stem the corruption and save the souls of mankind, many followers have become little more than Vestal virgins to the beast.

This goathide scroll was found curled with age and browned by blood amidst the bones of thousands

Let this be a lesson to you

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Tongues posted:

I've decided to pull my finger

You neglected to compare your team to a Kyle Beckerman's bare thrusting rear end.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
I have no idea who that is but I assure you that Kyle Beckerman's rear end is inferior in every way.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Infidel Castro posted:

Alright, I'm sold.

Welcome, brother

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

MLS live or Direct Kick man. Just go for it.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Mike Magee won't play again today. :smith:

Not like we were ever going to win anyway.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Is there a thread for whining about your fantasy team? I captained Magee in week 1 and Zusi in week 2.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Hello Towel posted:

Mike Magee won't play again today. :smith:

Not like we were ever going to win anyway.

gently caress it, skipping the match today, why do you fail us like this Mike?!

contract renegotiations? A mysterious knock? what's the deal?

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

ubiquitous rex posted:

It's just MLS Live. If you sign up through Apple TV you can use it everywhere else you can use it, and if you sign up elsewhere you can login on Apple TV.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

We brutally negged your poo poo team in a home and away series and then started the season with 9 losses

Yeah. That was when we were 'the worst team in the world.' I forget who said it. Good times.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Yeah. That was when we were 'the worst team in the world.' I forget who said it. Good times.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/05/22/tfcs-koevermans-stands-worst-team-world-statement

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

quote:

Steven Lenhart worked his butt off for the full 90 minutes, hassling defenders, and his striking partner, Alan Gordon, once again instrumental in forcing the goalie to make an error leading up to Bernardez’s equalizer. Kids — if you’re watching — you can learn much about what it takes to be a pro from these two strikers.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Bewildrbeast posted:

gently caress it, skipping the match today, why do you fail us like this Mike?!

contract renegotiations? A mysterious knock? what's the deal?

Not mysterious, he tweaked his hamstring.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Lenhart teaches children the valuable lessons of lying to get an advantage, kicking others while they are down, and taunting them when you win

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Gin Soaked Ape posted:

Lenhart teaches children the valuable lessons of lying to get an advantage, kicking others while they are down, and taunting them when you win

I knew there was a reason I liked him. I thought it was just leftover love from his time in Columbus.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Last week: opening day loss against Columbus.

This week: no match.

Next week: away against Toronto, who are good now.

I think the league is trying to drive me to drink.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Don't do it man. Feel the bummings with a clear mind and open, thrusting anus.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision

aesop jones posted:

Don't do it man. Feel the bummings with a clear mind and open, thrusting anus.

That's not how anal sex works. Wtf.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Captain Trips posted:

I knew there was a reason I liked him. I thought it was just leftover love from his time in Columbus.

My favorite Gary Smith moment remains the time he told me that the reason he was pissy at the 2011 SuperDraft is because he had tried to trade for Lenhart that day with essentially the same offer as San Jose but Columbus picked the Quakes instead. I didn't know it was possible to feel such waves of relief months after a thing had happened.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

DEEF'D

It was supposed to say DEFEND, but they swapped the F and second E, and couldn't get the N to work.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Captain Trips posted:

DEEF'D

It was supposed to say DEFEND, but they swapped the F and second E, and couldn't get the N to work.

This is my favorite.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Captain Trips posted:

DEEF'D

Hahaha. I was trying to make out what it was supposed to say, but no dice.

I've been to two MLS games at Sporting Park now, and both times (last night and the New England playoff game last season) they couldn't get their display off without part of it bunching up. It's me, I'm the bad luck.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Captain Trips posted:

DEEF'D

It's beautiful

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Captain Trips posted:

DEEF'D

This is absolutely hilarious.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
At first glance I thought it said "VEEP'D" and I thought... wow they like that show a lot.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Captain Trips posted:

DEEF'D

This might have overthrown upside down Seattle banners as my favorite display in MLS.

Sauska
Sep 12, 2012

Get Deef'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

DEEF'D
/dēēf/

verb
1. carry out (a task) clumsily or incompetently, leading to failure or an unsatisfactory outcome. "They had DEEF'D every attempt to stop a late goal."

noun
1. a mistake or failure, typically one resulting from mismanagement or confusion.

• Locked thread