Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

How can a comic look so copy-pasted without being copy-pasted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

drat that's a fine splash page. And no wonder those crypts are losing 'Oh poo poo, we're hosed, time for the cyanide pills!'

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

treasureplane posted:

Whoa, a Nancy strip that actually feels like a Nancy strip. :aaa:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol has ANOTHER gap in the archives! This one is set to resume about two months after the last strip we saw. I want to like Radio Patrol, but this makes it pretty difficult to follow and I'm not sure if it's worth it. I guess we'll see what's going on when it comes back.

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

:smith:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

THE SAVAGE TRUTH

The wiliness of these guys.

Calvin And Hobbes

Cheap Thrills Cuisine

Mark Litzler is the person responsible for Joe Vanilla.

Jump Start always leaves me feeling a little bit like someone just stepped on a Pomeranian in front of me. There's attempted cuteness somewhere in the mix, but nothing good is resulting from the experience.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Bitchtits McGee posted:

Jeez, I know I said "Dan Dare later", but this is ridiculous!

Dan Dare is so great.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Gil has a bright future as a Flash Android/iOS shovelware game designer!

Retail

This is the same manager who accused a guy selling gift cards outside the store of stealing and couldn't fathom why anyone would prefer cash instead. So yes.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

More fodder for the "Skip's on drugs" theory.

Dustin

I'd say it's high time Dustin learned to cook, especially after complaining about his mom's healthy vegan meal the other week.

On the Fastrack

Only hugboxes allowed on my internet.

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

It's like anti-Retail.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Midnight Moth posted:

Gil

Gil has a bright future as a Flash Android/iOS shovelware game designer!

My buddy and I used to draw these when we were little kids. :3:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Who is that in the background?

F Minus

Mary Worth

The depressing thing is even if he wasn't an ex-con/addict, he'd still be having this problem.

Rex Morgan MD

"What a bitch!"

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Darthemed posted:

Cheap Thrills Cuisine

The final panel doesn't look completely unappealing. Panels two and three make up for that, tho'.
"Um, they were all out of tenderloin, so I bought a giant pink slug. Same difference, right?"

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Pentaro posted:

The final panel doesn't look completely unappealing. Panels two and three make up for that, tho'.
"Um, they were all out of tenderloin, so I bought a giant pink slug. Same difference, right?"
Panel 3 looks like a fish.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Who is that in the background?

I'm pretty sure it's the tech dude who's been helping enable JJJ in all these power suit shenanigans, all the while thinking, "Gee, I wish there were some way to prevent JJJ from horsing around with this power suit!"

quote:

Mary Worth

"If Tommy's job is legal but doesn't pay a decent wage, then gently caress him! We already have too many Dustins on this comics page and I will not have another one in my house!"

I meant to post some 2010 Spidey yesterday, and then I forgot. Now I gotta upload this whole week of strips all over again. Man, life can really throw you a curveball sometimes, but I try to keep a positive outlook, you know?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
No worries, most of these comics are still within the 'Best Before' date.

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Even the peeping Toms in this strip are richer and better equipped than the usual perverts you see in the funny pages.

9 Chickweed Lane

At what point after Bill recovers from his head wound does the details of this dream get told to him so that he can pass it on to Gamma?

Pibgorn

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

And no wonder those crypts are losing 'Oh poo poo, we're hosed, time for the cyanide pills!'

Well, in their defense, the Phants really did have them over a hell of a barrel, there. But still, their ship didn't even have guns until the Earthlings installed them?! :psyduck:

Gahan Wilson

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Geech can't be bothered to show us the joke today.

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (March 18, 1967)

I've always felt Peanuts is overrated, but this is a really good one. Not only does Linus know what Charlie Brown really needs, he has the decency not to look at him while he does it.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Hell, if they could handle one of these...

They could be making smoothies... :v:

They're Pinky and the Brain, Pinky and the Brain,
A soup-like homogenate that you'll pour down the drain!

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Julet Esqu posted:

2010 Spidey

Yessss, this is awesome.

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Is Sprocket going to drive them into the lake out of spite? Because I could see it.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

The Little King

don Jaime posted:

They're Pinky and the Brain, Pinky and the Brain,
A soup-like homogenate that you'll pour down the drain!
:gowron:

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mandrake the Magician (1941-11-30)

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

Ema Nymton posted:

I shouldn't care about this strip, but if she decides not to go to Yale to stay with loving Gunther, I'm going to be pissed off enough to avoid reading Luann ever again. Because this strip would really want to me think her decision was noble or some poo poo.

I feel the same way, which in itself is upsetting. This terrible comic is becoming so terrible that it's forcing me to care.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

It's like they took the dystopian stuff from Transmetropolitan, and combined it with the writing of webcomic Questionable Content. This strip belongs in the Terrible Webcomics thread in GBS.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If this was Questionable Content-style writing we'd never see any of the supposed revolutionary tech except for when a dick joke needs to be made and none of the human protagonists would stoop to that level.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Bitchtits McGee posted:

Well, in their defense, the Phants really did have them over a hell of a barrel, there. But still, their ship didn't even have guns until the Earthlings installed them?! :psyduck:

They're prey animals so they're not allowed to fight back, duh.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts, in which Charlie Brown auditions for the road production of "The Dot And The Line". (March 19, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

There's only a finite amount of happy endings in the Funkyverse, and if somebody gets one, another household has to do without.

Classic Popeye Sunday: This one's for those of you who've been wondering when Olive's going to get hers. (c. 1942)

Pogo (March 15, 1970)

Undiagnosed Dagwood makes more sense with every First-Gen Blondie that goes by. (c. 1941)

Out Our Way (August 13-14, 1924)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Don't you loving dare drive that car into a lake. It's a national treasure!

I think we've all had that dream. It's as common as going to class naked or having all your teeth melt into a puddle that comes to life and starts strangling you while screaming in your mother's voice.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Wow, how much of a narcissist is Funky's wife? "We are the only people who fear for our child when news of dead soldiers hits the airwaves."

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

I also love how Batiuk thinks all this angst and suffering and :emo: and smugeyes is ART. Such a step above those other plebeian strips.

Why do I have a bad feeling that what's her name, the Yalebird from Luann, passes up the chance of a lifetime so she can minister to that spud of a Gunther? Yeah, great message there! Piss your life away for a high school romance you'll barely remember in a year or two.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Midnight Moth posted:

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

More fodder for the "Skip's on drugs" theory.

I love that lava frog thing with the ring of fire :3:

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

Only hugboxes allowed on my internet.

Meanwhile a man literally fights poo poo.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Good Listener posted:

I love that lava frog thing with the ring of fire :3:

Yeah, that's actually a pretty cool drawing, all hot nightmare-y things and then ice cream. Nom.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac confirms its existence.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

:smith: I have to admit, I'm really enjoying this story.

Heavenly Nostrils

Years ago, when "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" came out, a friend of mine pronounced Phoebe Cates' first name as.. "foab". To this day, occasionally, that pronunciation pops into my head. It's all his fault.

9 Chickweed Lane 3/16/2003

It's weird that you can't see Juliette's mouth in any of the panels. It's like she's got her mouth wrapped around the phone or something.

Zits

:v:

Huh. I'm an "ENTJ". Which makes me Kell? drat, and I just ordered my Kevin fursuit. :v:

If you give a flying gently caress, you can take the test here. 72 questions, It took me about 10 minutes.

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 16, 2014

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Bowl of Noodles:

January 29, 2006:

The dog knows.

February 12, 2006

Was the Valentine's Day strip.

February 19, 2006

If I'd looked ahead in the archive I would have timed this better and put this one up while the Olympics were on. The 2006 Winter Olympics were occurring in Turin when this appeared.

February 26, 2006

These activities are in the right order, except IME there should be more falling and at least one ice pack on a knee by the end.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Flattop Jr.'s lake! We just can't get over it!

Judge Parker

Why pay good money for a drone when you can just grab one out of the air for free?

9 Chickweed Lane

Catellite
Apr 29, 2008

If <waves arm expansively> was legalized.
Guys, I think some panels got cut off the last Retail strip. Here's the real one:

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Aardmania posted:

Piranha Club

I suppose we're not supposed to take this as anything more than the bloody-minded internal fantasizing of the nasty mother in law? Doesn't matter. It's still objectivifying, abusive, and not funny. (Pretty much describes the whole strip, but this particular schtick is beyond awful.)

I can't even worry about the stupid Yale subplot in Luann while this crap is syndicated.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Aardmania posted:

Piranha Club

This is just the loving worst comic.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Aardmania posted:

Flattop Jr.'s lake! We just can't get over it!

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Huh. I'm an "ENTJ". Which makes me Kell? drat, and I just ordered my Kevin fursuit. :v:

If you give a flying gently caress, you can take the test here. 72 questions, It took me about 10 minutes.

INFJ

I'm Dorothy. :saddowns:

• Locked thread