Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spiderlemur
Nov 6, 2010

Eyke posted:

I feel your pain. yesterday with pubbies I could not hear crap over stuff like "he is in that room, you just saw him" and other useless crap till I die in a blaze of mediocrity.

Yeah, I don't so much mind people pointing out obvious poo poo I missed but random speculation about where the enemy is or where I should go when they actually have no clue can be really disorienting. Talking in general is pretty bad though since it's gonna prevent any hope of you actually hearing anything. To me, if you're gonna talk while dead it better be really useful, and it almost never is in MM, especially at gold nova.

Lavender Philtrum posted:

bind mouse4 "voice_scale 0"
bind mouse5 "voice_scale 0.5" (or 1 or whatever your preference is)

i'm sure there's some fancy toggle way to do it, but that's what i'd do

This should do the trick, thanks.

spiderlemur fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Mar 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Snax' 3k was pretty loving amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WV1-AklbEQ

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
Such a thing of beauty.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
The good guys won. :unsmith:

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
That was a pretty dominant performance on both maps.

Watched almost all of Katowice live from start to finish and didn't get a single souvenir drop :(

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.
I get to sit in my cubical instead. deciding if I want to avoid spoilers or not. probably not since reading about it will pass some time by.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Robin 'Fifflaren' Johansson 9-44 -35

kcer? kcer?? your boy, kcer.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Luckily noone recorded my awp unclutch TK from last night and fat lou wasn't in the server.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Byali from Virtus Pro sure likes using the Famas even when everyone else has M4 and Awp, while there is plenty of money in the bank.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Everything is recorded.

Great games by VP.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
159,295 players right now

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Smol posted:

that is amazing, question is how long high numbers like that will last

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

mcvey posted:

Robin 'Fifflaren' Johansson 9-44 -35

kcer? kcer?? your boy, kcer.

Good god, just watched the recording and he was atrocious.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Or the others were just vastly superior.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

BrandNew posted:

Good god, just watched the recording and he was atrocious.

Vahakyla posted:

Or the others were just vastly superior.
Yes to both.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Smol posted:

Not long since most of the 'valve official' servers are poo poo. 5-6 variance on a 64 tick server?

:barf:

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Why don't Valve just include an option in the menu to matchmake in 64 or 128 tick? Switch half of their servers to 128 and only put people on servers according to which option they picked.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Because no one would ever pick 64 tick, and then there would be just as many complaints from people with poo poo computers asking why their game is rubberbanding all the time.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

astr0man posted:

Because no one would ever pick 64 tick, and then there would be just as many complaints from people with poo poo computers asking why their game is rubberbanding all the time.

Isn't this solvable by just forcing a benchmark to be run before you're allowed to select 128tick, and any change to your settings requires a new benchmark run?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Is the P90 the only gun that retains tolerable accuracy if you run & gun, or are there others?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Mac 10, Bizon. The Negev of course.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Popehoist posted:

Why don't Valve just include an option in the menu to matchmake in 64 or 128 tick? Switch half of their servers to 128 and only put people on servers according to which option they picked.

Cuntpunch posted:

Isn't this solvable by just forcing a benchmark to be run before you're allowed to select 128tick, and any change to your settings requires a new benchmark run?
IIRC someone asked a Valve guy about this a while back, I think at a comp event? Apparently not enough matchmaking users have high enough framerates for there to be much benefit to switching to 128 tick. :(

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Burgo posted:

// toggle voice mute
voice_enable 1
bind l "voice_t"
alias voice_t "voice_off"
alias voice_on "alias voice_t voice_off; voice_enable 1"
alias voice_off "alias voice_t voice_on; voice_enable 0"

This is going back a page, but you can use the 'toggle' command to simplify switching things on and off.

The above can be replaced with just

bind l "toggle voice_enable"

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

Rosh posted:

Such a thing of beauty.

She's all grown up now guys. It feels like just yesterday when our scoreboard was this garbage:

:unsmith:

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
I was holding banana on anti eco near car with a Nova. Then the terrorists decided to rush and I got 4 kills + 1 assist. It was like a loving zombie movie. My favorite moment in the game so far.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
e; I just learned that it's "let's teach these dogs a lesson" mind=blown

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 16, 2014

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Why is
  • my primary weapon missing
  • my primary weapon missing and my pistol swapped to P2000
from time to time when I play deathmatch on official servers? It is incredibly frustrating and it has managed to make me mad just now.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

kalstrams posted:

Why is
  • my primary weapon missing
  • my primary weapon missing and my pistol swapped to P2000
from time to time when I play deathmatch on official servers? It is incredibly frustrating and it has managed to make me mad just now.

You're clicking while respawning, firing a shot as you respawn, cancelling the 'buy' period.

Pomp and Circumcized fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 16, 2014

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

You're clicking while respawning, firing a shot as you respawn cancelling the 'buy' period.

Oh, that makes sense, I tend to click a lot when I die.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

spiderlemur posted:

There was a bind posted somewhere in the depths of this thread to mute your teammates, does anyone still have that? Would come in real handy during some of these matchmaking games in clutch situations where people won't stop barking commands while dead.

bind "/" "incrementvar voice_scale 0 0.5 0.5"

Enjoy the proper bind. This is better because you're not switching voice_scale from deaf to full blast. Feel free to substitute 0.5 for whatever value voice volume you feel comfortable with.

It's the ultimate global mute bind, since with voice_scale you can transmit perfectly while everyone else is muted. Great for concentration or just being passive aggressive as hell (I'm the latter)

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 16, 2014

OwnedByNiko
Jan 15, 2014
March Ahead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=004pFTtBQWI

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

some sick beats in that video

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Is there some easy 3rd grade english explanation on how recoil loving works

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
http://twowordbird.com/articles/csgo-recoil-mechanics/

edit: slime fix your website

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

I'm telling myself that the 360 was intentional

OwnedByNiko
Jan 15, 2014

Jeoh posted:

some sick beats in that video

Thanks, I'm sure it gets everyone hyped.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Slaapaav posted:

I was holding banana on anti eco near car with a Nova. Then the terrorists decided to rush and I got 4 kills + 1 assist. It was like a loving zombie movie. My favorite moment in the game so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9e0QhRpbIM

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
You spray your entire mag into 5 people and barely kill one of them.

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

i was speccing that game and thought some was pretty crazy but since i had x-ray as spec already on it was hard to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

Necc0 posted:

I'm telling myself that the 360 was intentional

Of course it was. That's how I bobbed n weaved it.

• Locked thread