Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Midnight Moth posted:

Slylock Fox

Well there are like a dozen animal witnesses around so he could just ask. And they'll probably help him nab the bad guy too.

That magic staff has the largest runic gem I've ever seen on a staff
Wait, that's the sun.

He yelled at the fish "HEY, are you a freshwater fish or saltwater?"
Alternatively, he takes a beaker of the water and tries to freeze it. If it freezes at a lower temperature than 0 C, it's an ocean. Unless they are at a high altitude, which may be the case if they are at a lake on a mountain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Midnight Moth posted:

Moose and Molly

No extramarital affairs here.

So, uh, did they just forget the setup entirely here, or...

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

scarycave posted:

INFJ

I'm Dorothy. :saddowns:

Midnight Moth posted:

I'm INTP as gently caress which apparently means I'm dorky bat boy.

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I'm ISTP which apparently means I'm a character that I don't think has been in the strip since it's been posted here.

I guess that's better than actually being in K&K?

Sure are a lot of introverts in here. Who could have anticipated that happening on the Internet? (ISTJ over here. I guess that makes me some old lady wolf or something?)

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

Mr. Maltose posted:

Take the test in a month or so and you'll be some other animal person.

Not true. I always get INTJ, just with the percentages being different.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Evilreaver posted:

He yelled at the fish "HEY, are you a freshwater fish or saltwater?"
Alternatively, he takes a beaker of the water and tries to freeze it. If it freezes at a lower temperature than 0 C, it's an ocean. Unless they are at a high altitude, which may be the case if they are at a lake on a mountain.

Or just taste the water.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The Meyers Briggs personality test was coughed up by some pointyhead to help executives feel that they were doing something by arbitrarily ordering their employees, and anyone who can tell you offhand where they fall is lame as hell Momma

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Midnight Moth posted:

Slylock Fox

Well there are like a dozen animal witnesses around so he could just ask. And they'll probably help him nab the bad guy too.

The sun is setting in the west indicating it is a lake. It's well known all lakes develop under western suns.

Alternately Slylock could just taste the water.

Edit:

Slylock cannot taste the water as the balloon man is peeing in it.

Borden fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 17, 2014

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Well, I was going to do a couple catch-up posts for The Grizzwells but all the ones I missed are so loving boring that I'm going to try something else instead.

Presenting Tiny Sepuku! It's an advice column of a sort in cartoon form. It only updates once a week, so I'm starting from the back of the archives and working forward.

Any thoughts?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes

Cheap Thrills Cuisine

Just Say Uncle wants your surrender.

The K Chronicles

"The K Chronicles is a weekly, semi-autobiographical comic strip based on the life of cartoonist/rapper/ne’er-do-well Keith Knight."

Larry Wright is responsible for Kit 'N' Carlyle

And Kitchen Capers proves that Cheap Thrills Cuisine is not alone in its comic cookery cartooning.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Any thoughts?

Art's cute. Let's see where the writing leads.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

Modesty and Willie know the oddest people.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Might be why you only have one friend Gil.

Retail

I was kind of curious whether Marla was going to enlist the entire store to perjure on her behalf or if that offer was only good for close friends. Although now I'm also curious what's in the nondescript Japan-flag boxes since they keep coming up.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

If you had a real dog it would be in your face 6 in the morning until you got out of bed and let it outside.

Dustin

I originally thought this was going to be a red-green colorblindness joke and have the girl accuse poindexter of being the one wearing red instead and then pinching him.

On the Fastrack

So she updated her will on the 3.5 in floppies, then again onto optical, then external memory sticks, and then the cloud? And haven't you watched enough soap operas to know that makes you a prime murder target?

Safe Havens

Just roast them for dinner already. They're more trouble than they're worth.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 17, 2014

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if the subject of extinct species has ever come up in the Kevin and Kell universe.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Maybe he's really, really good at dealing drugs though.

Rex Morgan MD

Rex and June discuss their role-playing.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Wanamingo posted:

I wonder if the subject of extinct species has ever come up in the Kevin and Kell universe.
They just had that extinct animal ren faire where Lindesfarne and Fenton cosplayed passenger pigeons or whatever.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Midnight Moth posted:

They just had that extinct animal ren faire where Lindesfarne and Fenton cosplayed passenger pigeons or whatever.
I love how Holbrook can't decide if their world is so much better than ours or exactly the same.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Presenting Tiny Sepuku! It's an advice column of a sort in cartoon form. It only updates once a week, so I'm starting from the back of the archives and working forward.

Any thoughts?

Bring me a basin, I'm going to be sick.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Darthemed posted:

Just Say Uncle wants your surrender.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Midnight Moth posted:

That didn't go beyond just being a joke, did it? I was really looking for the usual moralizing that Holbook does.

Like, I want to see if it's okay to hunt a species to extinction in his universe.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

That didn't go beyond just being a joke, did it? I was really looking for the usual moralizing that Holbook does.

Like, I want to see if it's okay to hunt a species to extinction in his universe.

Only if they're delicious.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

"Hey unemployed son, dry clean my clothes. gently caress you I'm not giving you cash for it. WHY WON'T ANYONE COME VISIT ME"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The religious man is dressed in white, while Momma is symbolically garbed in black. She's going to hell and she likes it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Darthemed posted:

The K Chronicles

"The K Chronicles is a weekly, semi-autobiographical comic strip based on the life of cartoonist/rapper/ne’er-do-well Keith Knight."
I like this. Would like to see where it goes.

Also I'd buy that box set. If it was all good quality original recordings. And if there wasn't youtube.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Flo and Friends

Fred Basset

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

I almost had to check whether this was an edit or not and I was reading it straight from GoComics.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Inspector Danger is amazing. Midnight Moth, why aren't you posting that poo poo? It'd fit right in with Slylock.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Wait, those aren't edits? I assumed they were all complete fabrications over some existing boring comic.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Comics (February 27th 2007)

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

F-Minus

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blhue posted:

Wait, those aren't edits? I assumed they were all complete fabrications over some existing boring comic.

They're real.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Welp, those just changed from "neat I guess" to "gently caress that's awesome" in my book.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Slylock Fox is your pretty regular detective riddle comic. If you spent any time at all as a child reading riddle books you know the solution to like half of them verbatim and recognize the setup for another quarter (the rest are trivia questions and mazes).

Inspector Danger is like if someone had read those riddle books and thought, hey, I can do my own, except they require some seriously dodgy existing knowledge and take place in bizarro world. Like for this one I was seriously expecting something like "Italians spend all day at the beach so he's clearly lying, further investigation revealed blah blah."

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger is amazing. Midnight Moth, why aren't you posting that poo poo? It'd fit right in with Slylock.
Tiggum's already got it covered, I already post eight other comics, and I don't have a GoComics account.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiggum posted:

Fred Basset

Nothing can ease the pain of Fred Basset.

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Julet Esqu posted:

Sure are a lot of introverts in here. Who could have anticipated that happening on the Internet? (ISTJ over here. I guess that makes me some old lady wolf or something?)

Old lady bros.

:byodame::hf::byodame:

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

What the gently caress is wrong with these people? Are they brain damaged or something?

Jane's World

God, yet another fork in the story. I'm seriously getting lost here...

Non Sequitur

What?

Heavenly Nostrils

Hey, it's in color again.

Kliban

:stare:

9 Chickweed Lane 3/17/2003

What?

Zits

momvolume.png

Kevin & Kell

Prehensile ears, I guess.

Nemi

:)

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac makes you wonder about the nature of reality.

The Creeps are we the dreamers or the dreams?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Spotted something in the badass panels thread:

All he needs is the Mandrake moustache.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fok_It

"The eggs" are what Finns call the balls. I wanted to come up with a replacement pun in the same vein but... I got nothing.

Also, if you're wondering what the comic is about, last week spring came early. It was like 10°C here and no snow in sight... until it dropped back to -5°C and light snow during the weekend.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Mar 17, 2014

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Non Sequitur

What?

Adam and Eve killed the dinosaurs.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

I originally thought this was going to be a red-green colorblindness joke and have the girl accuse poindexter of being the one wearing red instead and then pinching him.

Tip of the hat to the daily colourist for not willfully loving this strip up.

Loomus

Berger & Wyse

Stephen Collins

Ed Milliband is the current leader of the opposition.He doesn't really look much like that.

Tom Gauld

Translating, the hidden art.

Momma

Rarebit Fiend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Darthemed posted:

Calvin And Hobbes

Watterson mentioned once that this strip was a very popular source for bootleg C&H merchandise.

Skippy (December 27, 1926)

Peanuts (March 20, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean jumps from one agony to another as The Name In The Title remembers that his dad is still wasting away.

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Pogo has his burden relieved. (March 19, 1956)

Meanwhile, it's an All "Wound Up Mother" Monday in Out Our Way land. (August 15-16, 1924)

• Locked thread