Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Denver is just loading up all over the place. Goddamn

Gonna own when they fall victim to the Flacco Bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Professor Funk posted:

tax deductions

Organ donation.

Butthead
May 31, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

Free agent James Jones told ESPN's Josina Anderson that he wants to play for the Panthers.

There you go. There's.. something. Right?? it's something guys.

I don't think James Jones understands free agency. You are the best option left for a desperate team, James. You gotta play hard to get.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Former Giants WR Mario Manningham is scheduled to meet former team in NJ on Monday, per source. Manningham highly interested in returning.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
James jones is going to get 8 million a year and I'm going to laugh forever

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Butthead posted:

I don't think James Jones understands free agency. You are the best option left for a desperate team, James. You gotta play hard to get.

Except the desperate team isn't acting like they're desperate at all, so...

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Jets have interest in BOTH Cromarties, maybe.

Cimini posted:

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 19m
Jets still interested in free agent CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. I also hear Antonio Cromartie wants to return. #NYJ

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Kenny Britt's main claim to fame like a lot of mediocre players in the NFL is racking up much of his production against the Eagles defense

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

RumbleFish posted:

Except the desperate team isn't acting like they're desperate at all, so...

I don't know if they're retarded or genius. Help me out here.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That said if the panthers let him sign elsewhere for 5 million AAV they are equally as dumb

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

evilweasel posted:

Did the details of Edleman's contract ever become public? I still don't know what that deal even is.

AFAIK the details of Edelman's deal were not announced.

Dane Fletcher just signed w/ the Bucs.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Vertical Lime posted:

Former Giants WR Mario Manningham is scheduled to meet former team in NJ on Monday, per source. Manningham highly interested in returning.

Ah, the NYG/SF/NYG career path. Brandon Jacobs was a trailblazer.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

James Jones: "Make me an offer dummies I'll take a lowball if it means I can play for a legit team"

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Vertical Lime posted:

No interest in 49er castoffs.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

So Rapoport is saying Revis is taking his physical tomorrow

And his contract is now 2/32

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
James Jones just wants a home you guys :(

With Boykin being younger and a better route runner he knows he'll get a really small payday at Green Bay. Dude is great, but his turtlenecks will probably find a higher-paying home elsewhere.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Vertical Lime posted:

So Rapoport is saying Revis is taking his physical tomorrow

And his contract is now 2/32
It has been. Year 1 is $12m, Year 2 is a $20m dummy team option tacked on to keep the Pats from being able to apply the franchise tag, while still being able to say he makes $16m AAV.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Ozu posted:

It has been. Year 1 is $12m, Year 2 is a $20m dummy team option tacked on to keep the Pats from being able to apply the franchise tag, while still being able to say he makes $16m AAV.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy how persistent he's been about that $16m AAV figure.

Also yay, the forums are fixed!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Professor Funk posted:

Yeah, it's pretty crazy how persistent he's been about that $16m AAV figure.

Also yay, the forums are fixed!

That's funny they just broke for me a few minutes ago and I had no clue what everyone was talking about before.

Has Revis really been going on about AAV numbers? He's always struck me as the type of guy who's more about the money he'll actually see.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

That's funny they just broke for me a few minutes ago and I had no clue what everyone was talking about before.

Has Revis really been going on about AAV numbers? He's always struck me as the type of guy who's more about the money he'll actually see.

Yeah, he's been obsessed with it ever since Oakland gave that insane deal to Nnamdi. During his second holdout with the Jets he asked for a 10 year/$160m extension, then when he was traded to the Bucs he gave up getting guaranteed money so he could get $16m a year, and now he's asked the Patriots to add a dummy year at $20m so the 1 year/$12m deal could be 2 years/$32m. It's pretty crazy.

Edit: I always hate when fans say "player X" only cares about money, but it's pretty hard to say anything otherwise for Revis. But he does it in a weird way; as you say, he makes it unlikely that he actually gets any of that money. I think it's mostly just a reputation thing.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 17, 2014

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I'm pretty sure Oakland would've gave him more than the Pats, so I think it's safe to say he is interested in more than money.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

@RapSheet
Big Apple-themed battle shaping up for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. His visits with #Jets & #Giants have ended & talks with both are ongoing

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is still in NY/NJ until tomorrow, and at this point, #Jets & #Giants are in play. The #Browns are lurking, tho

If DRC played for the #Jets, they could utilize him man-to-man. Would be fun to watch. With #Giants, they had a sophisticated plan on usage

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Just get it done, for god sakes. Give him $8m/year. I don't care.

Also, Haden and DRC playing together would be pretty scary.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I just want to see two Cromarties on one team, I don't really care who.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Ugh

quote:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m
It’s really a question of how much Woody Johnson would be OK spending RT @FGugliara: @RapSheet are jets finally going to offer DRC a deal?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ouch. I hope they get cheap because we already have a great cb opposing us.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The AFC East might have the best group of secondaries in the league. Or second to the NFC West.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

AAA DOLFAN posted:

That said if the panthers let him sign elsewhere for 5 million AAV they are equally as dumb

They've got like 7 million in cap space and are going to need like 4 or 5 of that just for rookies and rookie Free Agents. Thats why they didn't get Nicks, they just couldn't afford it.

Also that quote reads a little off, people are acting as if Gettleman was like "oh ya dude go to Indy you'll be great there". They talked contract details and they agreed they weren't going to make a deal. That's a little different.

Gettleman is getting hammered for fixing Hurney's mess. If Greg Hardy would adjust his demands something to alleviate the pressure could happen. Jones right now is ideal, they're looking at Cotchery too, dude had 10 Tds last year, him, Jones and a draft pick wouldn't be too bad.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Ian Rapoport
‏@RapSheet
Jared Allen spent today in Seattle visiting with the #Seahawks, source said. It was his first free agent visit. He’s now back at home.

This is one signing I'd really like to see them make. Jared Allen owns and the chance to get a 69 Allen Seahawks jersey is pretty balla.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Weeden is visiting Dallas tomorrow.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sweeney Tom posted:

Weeden is visiting Dallas tomorrow.

I'm sure Dallas is a very nice city but what does a senior walk have to do with football

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Schwack posted:

Ian Rapoport
‏@RapSheet
Jared Allen spent today in Seattle visiting with the #Seahawks, source said. It was his first free agent visit. He’s now back at home.

This is one signing I'd really like to see them make. Jared Allen owns and the chance to get a 69 Allen Seahawks jersey is pretty balla.

Over the last 12 months the Hawks have made all my dreams come true. :unsmith: I really hope we can get Allen a ring, or else that he signs with whichever team does win.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Can Seattle really afford the money Allen is looking for with all of those rookie contracts coming to roost soon?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can Seattle really afford the money Allen is looking for with all of those rookie contracts coming to roost soon?

We can probably offer Allen 6 or 7 million for a year or two. He is in it for a ring anyway.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chichevache posted:

We can probably offer Allen 6 or 7 million for a year or two. He is in it for a ring anyway.

Try again

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000333339/article/jared-allen-ready-to-walk-away-if-he-doesnt-get-paid

Denver offered him 3 years 30 million

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Yeah and the Broncos apparently offered Allen the $30M they eventually gave to Ware so he's looking for a big ol' payday

e. ^blah, beaten

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I'd like to see how Denver didn't know about this. :shobon:

quote:

@1_ChiefsKingdom: Apparently Sanders agent provided TB, Denver & SF scanned copies of the contract agreement the Chiefs prepared after they reached agreement

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Well, what a piece of poo poo.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Welp. I want Allen, but not for 10 million a year. Sorry dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I saw the Taj Mahal this weekend.

It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Photos can't do it justice. Every angle is incredible, and you need to walk around the building numerous times to take it all in. What's more, as the sun moves over the sky, the lights dance on its surface, greatly changing its appearance. If you look at it, turn around, then turn back around ten minutes later, it will be a completely different building. Still just as beautiful, still just as imposing.

The entire time I looked upon this magnificent structure, just one thought passed through my mind: The Panthers are hosed.

• Locked thread