Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HGH posted:

I dunno why but all my current attack options don't give more than 10 points as rewards, no matter how many matches I skip. I guess it's a problem with the bracket I'm in though.

You don't only attack people from your own bracket, that would make the crabbing even more insane. You attack people from any bracket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Man
Mar 31, 2006

The Moon, for Christ's Sake

Sherlock Bones posted:

applied to Wailing Fungus

Your in! It's on you to expand the roster whenever you can, welcome aboard, By the way, Nice roster!

This makes Wailing Fungus at 8/9

Sherlock Bones posted:

I upgraded it

Thanks man!

Moon Man fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 17, 2014

Sherlock Bones
Jul 13, 2006
;/
I upgraded it

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I decided I'd hit 800 for a good lead on 3rd position and the bonus before shielding, and kept getting attacked for just enough to backslide me before hitting it for like twenty minutes. Then it hit two hours to go and I was instantly crabbed for more than 100 points - forty minutes later and I'm fighting just to get back above 700 amongst a wave of -17 point attacks. :suicide:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I'm getting real, real tired of fighting The Juggernaut.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Someone please stop the Juggernaut.

Oh god having to rely on only Hawkeye for stuns that are also countdowns is painful.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ghostlight posted:

I decided I'd hit 800 for a good lead on 3rd position and the bonus before shielding, and kept getting attacked for just enough to backslide me before hitting it for like twenty minutes. Then it hit two hours to go and I was instantly crabbed for more than 100 points - forty minutes later and I'm fighting just to get back above 700 amongst a wave of -17 point attacks. :suicide:

And, since you no longer get HP at 500 points you cannot shield without losing HP unless you join an alliance with 20 people.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

trucutru posted:

Ahahaha, some guy with 500 points just retaliated against my 129 points defenders team an took 2 points away from me (and is going to give 42 when I beat his rear end). Why do people do this?

Edit: Wow! He did it again!

Today I had a similar thing going against a guy. I attacked him first for about 30 points on my way up, he retaliated and only took 10, I hit him again for another ~30, he hit back for 8, etc. I think I played five matches against him.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SynthOrange posted:

Someone please stop the Juggernaut.

Oh god having to rely on only Hawkeye for stuns that are also countdowns is painful.
Where the gently caress is your Modern Widow? :cmon:

trucutru posted:

And, since you no longer get HP at 500 points you cannot shield without losing HP unless you join an alliance with 20 people.
I literally just hit 820 and shielded because gently caress it, I barely use HP and I still come out +25 if I finish in the top 5 (and I guess I might since I was the only one in the top 10 unshielded). HP at 900 is a pain in the rear end.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Where the gently caress is your Modern Widow? :cmon:

I... I had to make room.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Modern Thor event. Prizes are Psylocke and Ares.
I think I'd be okay finishing my Ares.

teb1288
Feb 7, 2013

Scob posted:

I made one called bad alliance if anyone else is still looking for a home. Just post here if you join up as I made it private.

I applied for bad alliance. Game name is Teb1288.

Moon Man
Mar 31, 2006

Well drat. How long does it normally take for alliance rewards to be distributed?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Moon Man posted:

Well drat. How long does it normally take for alliance rewards to be distributed?

There is no normally, it's never happened before.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Moon Man posted:

Well, let me think, this is the first time we ever get alliance rewards so my guess is that...

I also love that the new even is alliance-less, gently caress that noise.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Hopefully the alliance rewards happen tonight. Picked up two Panther covers from a top 10 finish, just need the third from Pizza Dog to be 1/1/1.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I like alliance rewards because I get to coast as the other alliance members carry meget to work alongside fellow goons for glory and prizes!

Moon Man
Mar 31, 2006

Sefer posted:

There is no normally, it's never happened before.

Oh, silly me

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

SynthOrange posted:

I like alliance rewards because I get to coast as the other alliance members carry meget to work alongside fellow goons for glory and prizes!

Pizza Dog had each member score 500+ points on average yay :neckbeard:

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Mar 17, 2014

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

I'm still pending membership (Brucie Beetle) in AgentsofGOON. Do I need to do the stairs handshake?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

CaptainScraps posted:

Pizza Dog had each member score 500+ points on average yay :neckbeard:

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Infinite Karma posted:

I'm still pending membership (Brucie Beetle) in AgentsofGOON. Do I need to do the stairs handshake?

I invited Mylan and he opened a spot, whoever he added needs to open a spot after that, not sure who it was.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

messagemode1 posted:

I invited Mylan and he opened a spot, whoever he added needs to open a spot after that, not sure who it was.

It's JohnnySmitch, AKA MrTom in the alliance.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

teb1288 posted:

I applied for bad alliance. Game name is Teb1288.

Get ready for sweet rear end prizes as I finished top 5000 on my own.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Hogama posted:

Modern Thor event. Prizes are Psylocke and Ares.
I think I'd be okay finishing my Ares.

Mainly because my main heavy hitter is Not Modern Thor and I can't use it for this event. Thanks, game.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Infinite Karma posted:

I just tried but it's saying I can't connect for some reason. I'll keep trying until you're in.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Gallow posted:

I just tried but it's saying I can't connect for some reason. I'll keep trying until you're in.

I would do this but someone needs to open up the last slot, I don't have anywhere near enough HP for it.

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.

Mylan posted:

It's JohnnySmitch, AKA MrTom in the alliance.

Sorry - I didn't realize it was 2000Hp for a new slot now (not 600, which I just got to after this last event). I'll hop out so someone richer can hop in.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

JohnnySmitch posted:

Sorry - I didn't realize it was 2000Hp for a new slot now (not 600, which I just got to after this last event). I'll hop out so someone richer can hop in.

It goes up as the alliance grows, it is 600 for the first slot from the original 5.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Friendly Fire posted:

I would do this but someone needs to open up the last slot, I don't have anywhere near enough HP for it.

So we're supposed to hold out for someone who can buy the next slot? That's a tall order at 2000 HP. I only have 450.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Even at low levels, being in a alliance is worth it. We only have 5 members and we still ranked high enough to get 50 hero coins.

Lagotto
Nov 22, 2010

Gallow posted:

So we're supposed to hold out for someone who can buy the next slot? That's a tall order at 2000 HP. I only have 450.

I don't mind buying the next one, just applied. Username Kazaam. Timezone Europe though!

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I think this Juggernaut event's going to come down to "Who can get on at 10:30 CST and grind."

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

CaptainScraps posted:

I think this Juggernaut event's going to come down to "Who can get on at 10:30 CST and grind."

Is this "crabbing"? I still don't really understand how this entirely works.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

HGH posted:

Is this "crabbing"? I still don't really understand how this entirely works.

Crabbing is a PVP thing where the person on top gets pulled down by the people beneath them.

Kinda like the bucket of crabs at the asian supermarket.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
All I care about is getting top 100 in Juggernaut.

I noticed that the Thor pvp doesn't have alliance awards.

Sinfjotli
Dec 22, 2003

Lemon Curry?
So I have an X-Force wolverine cover that's expiring today and I'm not sure whether it's better to just sell it off or sell one of my active covers to make room. I have a bunch of heroes at 1-2 powers that aren't really usable either (invisible woman, IM 40, Ragnarok, Magneto classic, Spider Man, Hulk) but I'm kind of hesitant to sell them off since they'll be easier to upgrade than wolverine and they might be essential characters in upcoming events. Is there an obvious move here or is it just a matter of personal preference?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Sinfjotli posted:

So I have an X-Force wolverine cover that's expiring today and I'm not sure whether it's better to just sell it off or sell one of my active covers to make room. I have a bunch of heroes at 1-2 powers that aren't really usable either (invisible woman, IM 40, Ragnarok, Magneto classic, Spider Man, Hulk) but I'm kind of hesitant to sell them off since they'll be easier to upgrade than wolverine and they might be essential characters in upcoming events. Is there an obvious move here or is it just a matter of personal preference?

Boot him. The odds on getting another one any time soon are really low. Same with IW. IM40, MC, Spider Man and Hulk are way more feasible.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Hi I would like to join a large alliance. Either AgentsOfGoon or whomever. I am a successful job haver, and can pay it forward for the next guy. My MPQ user name is the same as this sites.

Edit: I am pending for AoG currently. Someone approve me!

Also, Black Widow Original is amazing. Except for her outfit, which is ridiculous. She pairs well with my Thor (MarvelNOW) and whatever third utility character. I did well in the hero only tournament with those two and a Storm (Modern) for Hailstorm and some board disruption occasionally. Placed in the top 50 for a nice Black Panther cover.

The Black Widow (Original) Anti-Gravity Device is pretty good. She's a solid healer with strong AP stealing abilities too (I have her at 5/5/3). I particularly enjoyed the ability to end a fight at full health, eliminating downtime between matches.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slightlyslow
Aug 19, 2002
Cheer up, emo kid.
If you have anyone that generates strong and or plentiful strike tiles (Wolverine/Patch/Punisher/Daken etc)then black widow original is really much better as 3/5/5 or MAYBE 4/5/4. Personally I find the cheaper cost of 8ap for the aggressive recon to be more effective at ability denial against other teams, and even if you're facing a maxed aggressive recon OBW you'll probably kill her off before she can steal all your AP.

Also if you have a high level daken then OBW/daken/whatevs forms a really strong defensive team for pvp. I've gotten tons of defensive victories from people who see daken, assume an easy victory, and then get wiped out from strike tile spam formed from green matches + OBW's extra black attack, which is amped by strike tiles. The only downside is that both OBW and daken are easy to nuke down, so having the 3rd slot be someone with good HP means even if they go down, if there were enough strike tiles on the board you might still eek out a defensive victory.

It also murders on offense. I'm kinda bummed that I leveled up my punisher enough that he takes over black tiles from OBW, but 2/3 colors is still good. If you have multiple 3 star dudes that overlap with her colors she becomes much less effective.

slightlyslow fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 17, 2014