Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Can you, like, not sway your lines at all while doing these things? I swear I feel like I'm getting them exactly on the money, but no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

Can you, like, not sway your lines at all while doing these things? I swear I feel like I'm getting them exactly on the money, but no.

They need to be straight and confident. If you dally too much the game seems to treat hesitation like failure.

Luckily if you ever beat the game the alternate mode for the game is incredibly and removes the seal mechanic.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
You can round the corners slightly. It seems to work pretty good if you make it one consistent line.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

There, finally got the lame thing. Ended up just zipping around it as fast as I could. I guess it worked.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Barudak posted:

They need to be straight and confident. If you dally too much the game seems to treat hesitation like failure.

Luckily if you ever beat the game the alternate mode for the game is incredibly and removes the seal mechanic.

I'm pretty sure Julius mode is in DoS by default and is unlocked in AoS.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
No, you have to get the worst ending to unlock Julius Mode in Dawn.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Well, poo poo. Saturday was IGA's last day at Konami.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/17/castlevania-producer-koji-igarashi-left-konami/

Really hoping this will turn into another Mighty No. 9 situation.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Phantasium posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/17/castlevania-producer-koji-igarashi-left-konami/

This was probably for the best since they kept him working on poo poo like Otomedius Excellent.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Phantasium posted:

Hope "the kinds of games he wants to make" are more Metroidvanias.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Whatever he chooses to do, I wish him luck in future endeavors. (and, you know, that he chooses to make cool Metroidvanias)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Phantasium posted:

Time to Kickstart Mighty Whip.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Time to Kickstart Mighty Whip.

Can't wait to help the Hutter family continue their quest to kill Count Orlok with their sacred family heirloom the Nosferatu-Killer

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

Can't wait to help the Hutter family continue their quest to kill Count Orlok with their sacred family heirloom the Nosferatu-Killer

In the sequel you play as some guy named Kolro; that's where the series really opened up.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

Hope "the kinds of games he wants to make" are more Metroidvanias.

Buy the rights to Shadow Complex!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Barudak posted:

Special appearance by Willem Dafoe!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Barudak posted:

Can't wait to help the HutterKrsnik family continue their quest to kill Count OrlokKudlak with their sacred family heirloom the Nosferatu-KillerFennel Stalk

C'mon, let's get even more eastern European.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If he started working on a not-Castlevania game he'd have to actually make some new sprites though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

If he started working on a not-Castlevania game he'd have to actually make some new sprites though.

I'm pretty sure Iga would gladly have made new sprites if he had a budget of more than a buck fiddy.

One thing I can say about all recent Castlevania developers is that they are remarkably good at doing a lot with a tiny tiny budget.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

I get the feeling that's the result of the shoestring budget those games probably got after a while and not a personal choice.

But yeah I swear some of those sprites were going on a decade old in some of those games.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah, it was quickly approach SMT character art levels, which is a bit ridiculous.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Monkey Fracas posted:

But yeah I swear some of those sprites were going on a decade old in some of those games.

Some of 'em were more-or-less untouched from their original Rondo incarnations, and that game came out in 1993.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Barudak posted:

Similar to Sherlock Holmes, Dracula is public domain and Iga could make a new IP while avoiding the Castlevania specific lore. IIRC, Michiru Yamane and Ayumi Kojima are freelancers and could join up with him to make Metroidvania. Conveniently enough, his upcoming GDC talk is about that sub-genre.

Or it could be a spiritual successor to Castlevania Judgment.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Sunning posted:

Similar to Sherlock Holmes, Dracula is public domain and Iga could make a new IP while avoiding the Castlevania specific lore. IIRC, Michiru Yamane and Ayumi Kojima are freelancers and could join up with him to make Metroidvania. Conveniently enough, his upcoming GDC talk is about that sub-genre.

Oh man now you're getting my hopes up for a Mighty metroidvania.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Phantasium posted:

:(

That's a shame. Ecclesia was awesome. CV deserves more then whatever's in the staff's pocket that day.

Sunning posted:

True, but it's a bit sad to think that there's not likely going to be any more 'real' castlevania games.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ChaosArgate posted:

Oh man now you're getting my hopes up for a Mighty metroidvania.

IGA's gonna be at GDC this week, there's no way in hell he won't be announcing something along these lines.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I hope if he does make another Metroidvania that it isn't just Castlevania with the names filed off like Mighty No. 9 is to Mega Man.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Sunning posted:

I hope he just makes Obviously Castlevania but Not but everyone knows its in the same world anyway.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't, because I don't want him to risk having his game shut down by Konami.

Remember when the original Fire Emblem guy pulled that same stunt with "Emblem Saga" for Playstation?

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
If he sticks with Dracula (and he should), I'd like to see him try a straight adaptation of Stoker's novel and use that as the jumping off point for a new series. Prequels could use the Van Helsing family as protagonists, going back to Vlad the Impaler, and sequels could follow the Harkers.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I am so down for an IGA kickstarted Dastlevania with proper funding.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Featuring Alucard, the bad rear end white haired tortured vampire son of Dracula! Wait, no , it's not copyright, see, this Alucard HAS NO CLOAK.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Phantasium posted:

La Mulana 2 was the only thing I've ever kickstarted, but I will give this man an exorbitant amount of cash for a new not-castlevania.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I can't believe anyone wants to give that dude money after he not only was responsible for Castlevania Judgement but tried to act like it was a legit good game post-release.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
I personally have never heard a single positive word about Judgement in the 6 years since it came out.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

I can't believe anyone wants to give that dude money after he not only was responsible for Castlevania Judgement but tried to act like it was a legit good game post-release.

Inafune personally was responsible for DmC getting given to Ninja Theory but this didn't stop people from giving him money for Might No. 9. Developers do stupid things sometimes.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Pneub posted:

I personally have never heard a single positive word about Judgement in the 6 years since it came out.

It was fun to see the NES characters rendered in 3d.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pneub posted:

It did not cause your Wii to brick.

There, I did it.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Barudak posted:

It did not cause your Wii to brick.

There, I did it.

At least killing the system would turn the game off. BOOM, shot down son!!!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Judgement had some nice remixes of series songs, that's pretty much it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
So is Ecclesia supposed to be really hard? I was doing fine up until the prison island, and the giant skeleton at the start of that just repeatedly wrecks me.