Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax

UberJumper posted:

Going from Right to Left:

Fulgrim, Horus, Unknown, Unknown, Jaghatai, Unknown, Magnus, Mortarion, Sanginous

Who are the rest? I thought there were only 7 present at Ullanor according to Scars?

Fulgrim, Horus, Dorn, Lorgar, Khan, Angron, Magnus, Mortarion and Sanguinius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

UberJumper posted:

Fulgrim, Horus, Unknown, Unknown, Jaghatai, Unknown, Magnus, Mortarion, Sanginous

Who are the rest? I thought there were only 7 present at Ullanor according to Scars?

Rogal Dorn with the white hair and gold armor, Lorgar in Word Bearers grey with the huge purity seals next to him, and Angron looking all mad and slouchy with the brain implants on the other side of the Khan.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Angry Lobster posted:

More really suited for the Thousand Sons, they are the Egyptian theme legion.
Derp - yeah, you're right. I don't know why I was thinking Word Bearers.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Shadeoses posted:

Re: derivative video games, a shooter along the lines of Spec Ops: The Line could be awesome. Have your character be in charge of a bunch of Imperial Guardsmen, as you fight and die across some horrible hellscape. Everything turns even more to poo poo as you progress, you have to do horrible things and go crazy, and in the end you get executed by a commissar.

Multiple endings. There should be one where you just go full on Khornate crazy and just murder people until you're either brought down or somehow survive a bunch of tough enemies.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Nephilm posted:

Fulgrim, Horus, Dorn, Lorgar, Khan, Angron, Magnus, Mortarion and Sanguinius.

Huh, i was under the assumption that there was only 7 primarchs at Ullanor.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Rogal Dorn with the white hair and gold armor, Lorgar in Word Bearers grey with the huge purity seals next to him, and Angron looking all mad and slouchy with the brain implants on the other side of the Khan.

Angron is short :psyduck:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I'd really love some Primarch art outside of their armor. Preferably standing next to marines and humans for scale.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

UberJumper posted:

Huh, i was under the assumption that there was only 7 primarchs at Ullanor.

Angron is short :psyduck:

Angron is sitting down

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Horus' skeleton is esp freaky in that picture, more so than normal.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Chaos Fulgrim is a giant snake dude with four arms.

The daemon possessed Fulgrim, yes, but the Fulgrim after he takes the Laer blade and becomes Chaos Fulgrim during the heresy is all

Shadowhand00 posted:

This is the awesome new version of that old image:

And no wonder Sanguinius is the Blood Angels primarch. He's positively full of blood. There is so much of it.

UberJumper posted:

The two unknowns are Dorn and Lorgar. Lorgar, also a baldie, is the one furthest from Horus with his big gently caress off mace, the Illuminarium.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 17, 2014

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
The Astartes Pattern Baldness is so common between the Adeptus Astartes we can only conclude it was designed by the Emprah of Mankind himself. Also, it makes you better at singing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNK5-uE5JFg

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

Joe Videogames posted:

The daemon possessed Fulgrim, yes, but the Fulgrim after he takes the Laer blade and becomes Chaos Fulgrim during the heresy is all

That's more "transitionary" Fulgrim (i.e. pre-heresy Fulgrim with a slightly malevolent cast to his features). Even after Fulgrim tricks the daemon or whatever and gets his body back, he then, himself, as Fulgrim, becomes a daemon prince who looks like a weird snake demon thing with a bunch of arms (that wield swords). It's in this form that he "kills" Roboute Guilliman.

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE

Angry Lobster posted:

The Astartes Pattern Baldness is so common between the Adeptus Astartes we can only conclude it was designed by the Emprah of Mankind himself.

I actually thought that was the case for a long time; doesn't it make sense when engineering a super-soldier who's going to spend most of their lives (or at least the important points) with their heads encased in a tightly-fitted helmet with plugs and stuff in their skulls? I wouldn't want hair getting all up in that area!

But that really cuts down on individual flair in a civilization (and setting in general) that considers flair so important that using an entire moon's worth of metals to build a fortress-sized decorative eagle on a warship is a perfectly fine way to allocate materials!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

One Legged Cat posted:

I actually thought that was the case for a long time; doesn't it make sense when engineering a super-soldier who's going to spend most of their lives (or at least the important points) with their heads encased in a tightly-fitted helmet with plugs and stuff in their skulls? I wouldn't want hair getting all up in that area!

But that really cuts down on individual flair in a civilization (and setting in general) that considers flair so important that using an entire moon's worth of metals to build a fortress-sized decorative eagle on a warship is a perfectly fine way to allocate materials!

Hey man, Scouts and Space Wolves have luscious locks. I guess the marines that know how to party are the ones that don't use the Ferrum Pattern Relic Safety Razor every morning.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Space Wolves generally seem to consider themselves too manly to wear helmets, so I can understand them having hair.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I am reading Helsreach, and apparently Stormherald is around 50 meters tall? I really do not understand the size of titans in the books, i swear they change from book to book.

Yet this is including the massive church ontop of the titan, including massive marble statues of the primarchs, as well as a court yard. Isn't 50 meters a tad short for that kind of thing?

Nephilm
Jun 11, 2009

by Lowtax

UberJumper posted:

I am reading Helsreach, and apparently Stormherald is around 50 meters tall? I really do not understand the size of titans in the books, i swear they change from book to book.

Yet this is including the massive church ontop of the titan, including massive marble statues of the primarchs, as well as a court yard. Isn't 50 meters a tad short for that kind of thing?

How tall can a church (not cathedral) be, 10 meters? A titan can mount that.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

UberJumper posted:

Here is a Warlord the size of a mountain.

Consistency is Heresy

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Olanphonia posted:

Multiple endings. There should be one where you just go full on Khornate crazy and just murder people until you're either brought down or somehow survive a bunch of tough enemies.
Yes, that is what he said.

EyeRChris
Mar 3, 2010

Intergalactic, all-planetary, everything super-supreme champion

berzerkmonkey posted:

Khopesh. But a khopesh seems more suited to the Word Bearers - I would imagine Fulgrim to have a very elegant rapier.

I could see that as being his personal sword given to him by master artisans of Mars but the sword he kills with was the Lear sword. Maybe fantasy MMOs and stuff have just put stereotypes that Nagas and such use.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Olanphonia posted:

Arquinsiel posted:

Yes, that is what he said.
Right, this is a thing in Spec Ops.

Major Spec Ops: The Line spoiler incoming. Things go really bad half way into the game. Your dude suffers a mental break down and starts imagining poo poo as an excuse for his actions. Once you beat the game, an American rescue team shows up to take your post traumatic rear end back home. This is where the ending branches. The branch is your gun.

Its story goes to some grimdark places. Even if you changed nothing about the game except replace the fighting forces with Imperial Guard, it would still be more 40K than any other 40K game out there.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Mar 18, 2014

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

UberJumper posted:

Well, the Arc de Triomphe is 50 meters tall, and probably as close to the scale of a Titan as you're going to get. I can imagine some statues and a small cathedral on top of that.

Also, yeah - titan scale varies depending on the author. One of the audiobooks has an Imperator having weapons that are "kilometers" long and wading through an ocean, so there you go.

Here's a decent attempt as scale:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

One Legged Cat posted:

This is why orks have hair squigs.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Cream_Filling posted:

This is why orks have hair squigs.

No, that's because Orkz iz fer rockn'!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

berzerkmonkey posted:

One of the audiobooks has an Imperator having weapons that are "kilometers" long and wading through an ocean, so there you go.

It's just the way the setting is, maaaaan. Myths and legends being retold. One author's Imperator isn't the same as another author's Imperator, just like ADB's Logan Grimnar isn't the same as-- :shrek:

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
So, Dan Abnett just linked to a game currently in development based on Eisenhorn- Xenos. No solid details yet, but it's going to be a mobile based 3D action game.

Link:
https://www.pixelherogames.com/xenos-announced

Liveware
Feb 5, 2014

berzerkmonkey posted:

Here's a decent attempt as scale:

I much prefer Epic scale Imperator from the bo set, which converts to around ~95-100m "in real life".

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

JerryLee posted:

It's just the way the setting is, maaaaan. Myths and legends being retold. One author's Imperator isn't the same as another author's Imperator, just like ADB's Logan Grimnar isn't the same as-- :shrek:
Sperg harder about "my canon" :qqsay:

handbanana125 posted:

So, Dan Abnett just linked to a game currently in development based on Eisenhorn- Xenos. No solid details yet, but it's going to be a mobile based 3D action game.

Link:

I'd imagine this was the secret project he couldn't speak about

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What does mobile based 3d action game mean.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

euphronius posted:

DOOM on your smartphone

Edit: maybe Quake with how improved the hardware is these days

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

handbanana125 posted:

Link:

Goddamnit. What is with GW and mobile games? I'd play the poo poo out of a competent Eisenhorn game on the PC. :argh:

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Donnerberg posted:

Right, this is a thing in Spec Ops.

Major Spec Ops: The Line spoiler incoming. Things go really bad half way into the game. Your dude suffers a mental break down and starts imagining poo poo as an excuse for his actions. Once you beat the game, an American rescue team shows up to take your post traumatic rear end back home. This is where the ending branches. The branch is your gun.

Its story goes to some grimdark places. Even if you changed nothing about the game except replace the fighting forces with Imperial Guard, it would still be more 40K than any other 40K game out there.
To be fair, that's the second branch. The previous one is a legit ending.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

euphronius posted:

Judging by their Youtube channel it means awful voice acting.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I want an Ork Kommando version of Splinter Cell

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

UberJumper posted:

Honestly the bigger titans and Orks are the sillier bits of 40K and I generally pretend they dont exist.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Mr.48 posted:

Honestly the bigger titans and Orks are the sillier bits of 40K and I generally pretend they dont exist.

What is wrong with you?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Mr.48 posted:

The silliest bits are the best. And don't you dare say otherwise. <:mad:>

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Mr.48 posted:

Perhaps you have chosen the wrong universe to sperg about. Star Wars and Star Trek would happily accept this argument, but 40k just goes "WAAAUGH!" at you before you get blown up by the Holy Hand Grenade of Antiochus.

Liveware
Feb 5, 2014

hopterque posted:

What is wrong with you?

He likes to pretend he has :airquote:standards:airquote: even while enjoying 40k.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Hatred of Ork boyz is not something this thread should suffer to exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

VanSandman posted:

Perhaps you have chosen the wrong universe to sperg about. Star Wars and Star Trek would happily accept this argument, but 40k just goes "WAAAUGH!" at you before you get blown up by the Holy Hand Grenade of Antiochus.

But I dont sperg about it at all? I just ignore the sillier bits because arguing about them is pointless and thinking about them too much lessens my enjoyment of the other things in 40k.