Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Quest For Glory II posted:

Fuuuuuck me the Giants are going to sign DRC

him and Thurmond and Amukamara gently caress. poo poo

Are you thinking of the right New York team? Everything I've seen points at the Jets snapping him up. Giants are already pretty set with Amukamara - McBride - Thurmond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Doltos posted:

Are you thinking of the right New York team? Everything I've seen points at the Jets snapping him up. Giants are already pretty set with Amukamara - McBride - Thurmond.

Pretty much everyone is describing it as a back and forth battle between the Jets and Giants.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Doltos posted:

He's doing a physical at the Giants today

ed: VV I agree, just pointing out that the Giants are pursuing him too

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 17, 2014

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Sweeney Tom posted:

This means nothing. He took one with the Jets on Saturday.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Funk posted:

This means nothing. He took one with the Jets on Saturday.

McKenzie and Saffold skewed the physicals market.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Sweeney Tom posted:

ed: VV I agree, just pointing out that the Giants are pursuing him too

Ah ok, yep they are. If the Jets watch Revis go to the Pats and then let DRC go to the Giants I'll die a little bit inside.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Professor Funk posted:

Ah ok, yep they are. If the Jets watch Revis go to the Pats and then let DRC go to the Giants I'll die a little bit inside.

I'd be a little hesitant to spend more money on CBs. They still have to address a bunch of other gaping holes soon.

I would be changing my tune if the Giants snapped up Revis instead of DRC though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seahawks signed kicker Steven Hauschka. 3 years, $9.15 mil, $3.35 mil guaranteed.

Speaking of guaranteed money, Brandon Browner's 3 yr deal with the Patriots has only $1 mil guaranteed :stare:

RealDeadTom
Mar 12, 2014

Sweeney Tom posted:

Seahawks signed kicker Steven Hauschka. 3 years, $9.15 mil, $3.35 mil guaranteed.

Speaking of guaranteed money, Brandon Browner's 3 yr deal with the Patriots has only $1 mil guaranteed :stare:

Very much against the trend. I wonder why he agreed to that.

Not that I'm complaining, our secondary is tops for once now.

Provided everyone stays healthy and Big V stays put, you'll see us in February.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Sweeney Tom posted:

poo poo. Tucker is going to get a huge( for a kicker ) payday.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sweeney Tom posted:

Yeah, there's lots of roster and game bonuses in there, partially so he does get paid this year, but totally bones him if he gets suspended again.

Base: $1 million (guaranteed)
Offseason workout bonus: $250,000
Roster bonus: $500,000 for making the 53-man roster at any point during the season (just has to be on it for one day and he sees this)
Second roster bonus: $150,000 per game he's on the 46-man roster
Playtime incentives: Up to $1.25 million

Base: $1.9 million
Roster bonus: $2 million (90-man roster at start of league year)
Second roster bonus: $100,000 per game he’s on the 46-man roster
Playtime incentives: Up to $500,000 ($250k for 75 percent playing time; another $250k for 85 percent playing time)

Second roster bonus: $100,000 per game he’s on the 46…
Playtime incentives: Up to $500,000 ($250k for 75 percent playing time; another $250k for 85 percent playing time)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

poo poo. Tucker is going to get a huge( for a kicker ) payday.

After that winning kick against the Lions (that game entirely in fact, he provided all of the team's points after all), I'm okay with that.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Sweeney Tom posted:

I feel like a good portion of the deals this year have been super team-friendly low guaranteed money deals

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Dallas may have been forced to cut the best pass rusher in the history of the franchise but at least they have a kicker locked up until like 2075 in an era when it's easier than ever to find a competent kicker.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

Uh the website specifically said Alexander wants Pollack to play center. Boling was the best interior lineman on the team last year by a wide margin. I agree that Robinson will be cheap.
lol listening to the website

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Boling is replaceable and may have already lost his job to Pollak, Robinson will come cheap, Lamur is a complete question mark but will probably also be cheap, Gresham will almost certainly walk, and Lawfirm and Peko are two of the worst contracts on the team anyway and them being gone makes the more important players easier to re-sign. If the team continues to draft even passably I don't see a real problem at all.

The real problem arises if Green or Burfict walk in a manner similar to Joseph did in which case gently caress this dumb team forever
All of this is correct except I'm sure Peko will end up staying on a reconstructed contract. If they haven't let Geathers go they aren't gonna let the guy that 100% loves Cincinnati go.

I'm sure neither Green nor Burfict walk. I'd like to think they're working on contracts for both of them right now but who knows with this stupid organization.

No Irish Need Imply fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 17, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ehud posted:

nah he said he watched Geno's tape and said that was a big factor for picking the Jets

They offered him championship level money. It's like when Barkley said that he knew as long as he led the SEC in scoring, his grades would be just fine

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

MourningView posted:

Dallas may have been forced to cut the best pass rusher in the history of the franchise but at least they have a kicker locked up until like 2075 in an era when it's easier than ever to find a competent kicker.

After his extension Dan Bailey counts less towards the cap this season than his free agent tender would've cost, and less against the cap next season than the franchise tag. Ware would've been released at that point anyway.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kalli posted:

Yeah, there's lots of roster and game bonuses in there, partially so he does get paid this year, but totally bones him if he gets suspended again.

:stare:

This is the second time this off-season that the 49ers were in on a player that went and signed a cheapie/ridiculous contract somewhere else (Tarell Brown/Walter Thurmond).

What is Crazy Uncle Jim doing to scare these guys off?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

:stare:

This is the second time this off-season that the 49ers were in on a player that went and signed a cheapie/ridiculous contract somewhere else (Tarell Brown/Walter Thurmond).

What is Crazy Uncle Jim doing to scare these guys off?

Offering a signing bonus of matching Khakis.

e: this too: http://t.co/lrAypbbvzv

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 17, 2014

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Disillusionist posted:

After his extension Dan Bailey counts less towards the cap this season than his free agent tender would've cost, and less against the cap next season than the franchise tag. Ware would've been released at that point anyway.

No dude by signing a kicker they made it so they'd have to cut Ware DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND HOW CRAZY AND STUPID THIS TEAM IS

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Not sure if this is Cimini being Cimini or actually based on something, but I don't like it.

quote:

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 18m
Starting to get the sense the Jets are losing hope on the Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie front. #nyj

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

On the flip side, though

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
#Jets are still looking to add a WR, and source says they are interested in Sidney Rice. #Saints are too, & #Seahawks would welcome a return

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

TheChirurgeon posted:

No dude by signing a kicker they made it so they'd have to cut Ware DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND HOW CRAZY AND STUPID THIS TEAM IS

They are both part of a long series of really stupid things this team has done.

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

Sweeney Tom posted:

Huzzah! To me, Hauschka was the second most important free agent they had. Dude was money last year.

I'd really like to see them get Sidney Rice and Henry Melton on cheap 1-2 year contracts. I'd actually deem free agency a great success for the Seahawks if that happened.

Getting Allen on the cheap would be great too, but I just don't see that happening. I'd rather they put that money towards extending Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's funny how Seahawks fans like Hauschka's new contract which has a similar AAV to Bailey's, which Cowboys fans hate. Oh, 7 years? Nevermind then :stare:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Not sure if this is Cimini being Cimini or actually based on something, but I don't like it.
He's gonna be a Giant

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Intruder posted:

It's funny how Seahawks fans like Hauschka's new contract which has a similar AAV to Bailey's, which Cowboys fans hate. Oh, 7 years? Nevermind then :stare:

Contracts over 5 years are meaningless because bonus money is spread over the first 5 only. So Dallas can cut Bailey after the 5th season with no cap hit.

Or, if they want to restructure at any point the new bonus money can be spread onto those last two years depending on when they restructure.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

MourningView posted:

If it makes you feel better they also have Ladouceur locked up until like 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Disillusionist posted:

Contracts over 5 years are meaningless because bonus money is spread over the first 5 only. So Dallas can cut Bailey after the 5th season with no cap hit.

Or, if they want to restructure at any point the new bonus money can be spread onto those last two years depending on when they restructure.

You can try to make a kicker being one of the only two players with a contract locked up until the 2020s not funny, but it won't work.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.
If the jets make it all offseason without signing anyone serious at CB I'll be stunned

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Sidney Rice would be a good fit for the Jets.

Of course Carolina is stupid to not have signed him and anyone else left with a pulse yet.

Edit: I guess they probably can't afford him though.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 17, 2014

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Robert Ayers is visiting the Bengals.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Kalli posted:

Base: $1 million (guaranteed)
Offseason workout bonus: $250,000
Roster bonus: $500,000 for making the 53-man roster at any point during the season (just has to be on it for one day and he sees this)
Second roster bonus: $150,000 per game he's on the 46-man roster
Playtime incentives: Up to $1.25 million

Second roster bonus: $100,000 per game he’s on the 46-man roster

Second roster bonus: $100,000 per game he’s on the 46…

Love this contract, now i'm wondering how the Lafell contract breaks out, i bet it's way less than everyone was freaking out about.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm still waiting to hear the Edelman numbers. It's been days now and still no word. Seems ominious.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

MourningView posted:

They are both part of a long series of really stupid things this team has done.

The Bailey move is easy to mock but it's not a bad move. It lowers his cap hit in 2014 and as Dillusionist said, the years past the 5th don't matter and he's a dependable kicker capable of producing at range. Signing him did not prevent the team from re-signing Ware--that was inevitable thanks to the contracts given to Austin, Ratliff, Livings, Roy Williams, Leonard Davis, Marc Columbo, and Marion Barber over the last three years. But hey, it's easy to make fun of signing a the kicker, so why not? Clearly the team's priority this offseason was retaining Bailey and that's probably what they told Ware when they cut him. They said "hey we'd like to keep you but we're giving this big contract to Bailey. Hand in your playbook on your way out."

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

NC-17 posted:

I'm still waiting to hear the Edelman numbers. It's been days now and still no word. Seems ominious.

Yeah, I'm kind of baffled by this. I can't see why it would be such a secret and I'd like to know how long he's around and what he's getting paid.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

NC-17 posted:

I have faith that they've got him locked up to something. Otherwise he'd have bolted. Probably something like 3 years 14 with tons of playtime incentives

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Don't worry, I'm sure Bill will have a press conference that will leave us all wondering if Edelman ever played for the Patriots at all or in fact even exists

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Schwack posted:

There is absolutely no way they lose Thomas and I think they'll bend over backwards to keep Sherman. Thomas will more than likely get his deal this year to stagger things with Sherman and Wilson. If they don't sign anyone they've got a reasonable amount of space to roll over. I really don't think their cap situation is that dire. They'll probably lose some decent players to FA, just like this year, but thus far they've done a great job developing depth (reminder that Byron Maxwell was 3 guys back on the CB depth chart to start the season.)

Also, Byrd's contract, and the contracts being handed out to most CB's this year, helped them out a bit WRT Shermand and Thomas.

I wouldn't be surprised if they extended Thomas in the next few weeks and used the tag on Sherm, if the rumors are true and the cap gets bumped up to 160 mil in 2016 then I think they'd be fine then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

Vhak lord of hate posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they extended Thomas in the next few weeks and used the tag on Sherm, if the rumors are true and the cap gets bumped up to 160 mil in 2016 then I think they'd be fine then.

It would be kind of genius if they could extend Thomas and Maxwell this offseason because otherwise there's no way they keep Maxy after next year. I don't think they're going to do this because A) Maxwell knows he's going to have a chance to get seriously paid after next season if he keeps playing like he has so far, and B) extending Maxwell before Sherman would probably infuriate Sherman.

• Locked thread