Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i already told you loving girls that the plane is in Iran being outfitted for war with Israel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
:jihad: death to israel :ninja:
:happyelf:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Iran has a number of private and public airlines operating from their own country so they would not need to hijack a plane for this purpose?

*poof* MythBusted.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 17, 2014

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Somewhere a pilot just woke up from an epic bender, rubbed his eyes, looked out the window of his motel and saw a 777 in the parking lot.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

newreply.php posted:

that plane is somewhere underwater and thats why they cant find it

hope this clears some things up guys

:siren: secret underwater iranian facility confirmed :siren:

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Nonsense posted:

i already told you loving girls that the plane is in Iran being outfitted for war with Israel.

look pilot barbie doesn't come with a hidden airbase playset so the plane went to lego jurassic park instead is this really a problem

Skipjack
Sep 11, 2007

I prefer a quiet station,
thank you.

newreply.php posted:

lol as if

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

PlantRobot posted:

look pilot barbie doesn't come with a hidden airbase playset so the plane went to lego jurassic park instead is this really a problem

Very much so. Toys shouldn't be marketed towards any one gender. In 2014 you're asking this? gently caress.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!
How many maps do the malaysians have open right now with different circles and lines on em

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!

quote:

Malaysia Airlines' missing plane prompts the niggling thought that maybe we have no business taking to the skies
heh

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

myshl0ng posted:

How many maps do the malaysians have open right now with different circles and lines on em

the map with the drawing of two coconuts side by side

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

newreply.php posted:

loving spoilers, jesus christ

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

also Malaysia has forfeited independence and deserves to be conquered.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nonsense posted:

also Malaysia has forfeited independence and deserves to be conquered.

Putin has other matters to attend to. Send him a reminder in a couple months or so.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Lobok posted:

Putin has other matters to attend to. Send him a reminder in a couple months or so.
Malaysians aren't white. You think he wants them?

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
The hot new theory comes from tumblr. This one is apparently gaining some traction even among sane people.

quote:

... I looked to see what other planes were in the air at 1815UTC and I looked to see exactly where they were positioned in the sky and where they were flying. The picture started to develop when I discovered that another Boeing 777 was en-route from Singapore over the Andaman Sea.

I investigated further and plotted the exact coordinates of Singapore Airlines flight number 68’s location at 1815UTC onto the aviation map. I quickly realized that SIA68 was in the immediate vicinity as the missing MH370 flight at precisely the same time. Moreover, SIA68 was en-route on a heading towards the same IGREX waypoint on airway P628 that the Malaysian military radar had shown MH370 headed towards at precisely the same time.

It is my belief that MH370 likely flew in the shadow of SIA68 through India and Afghanistan airspace. As MH370 was flying “dark” without transponder / ADS-B output, SIA68 would have had no knowledge that MH370 was anywhere around and as it entered Indian airspace, it would have shown up as one single blip on the radar with only the transponder information of SIA68 lighting up ATC and military radar screens.

http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/

Edit: whoops, beaten all to gently caress by Kevin Pleasure a few pages ago, but check out the whole theory, it makes an interesting if not completely plausible read.

bonestructure fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 17, 2014

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

bonestructure posted:

The hot new theory comes from tumblr. This one is apparently gaining some traction even among sane people.

Edit: whoops, beaten all to gently caress by Kevin Pleasure a few pages ago, but check out the whole theory, it makes an interesting if not completely plausible read.

See, this kind of dastardly radar trick is what nearly got Maverick and Goose killed.

e: Merlin not Goose.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

bonestructure posted:

This is the strategy that the submarine used to avoid sonar and sneak into the harbor at the end of the 1996 naval comedy Down Periscope starring Kelsey Grammar and Rob Schneider.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

myshl0ng posted:

Particle decay, or flight MH370?

Russell William Thorpe
Nov 18, 2004

happyhippy posted:

The plane was destroyed by gravity waves

Skipjack
Sep 11, 2007

I prefer a quiet station,
thank you.
plane literally occupies all possible dimensions of planeliness at once pending waveform collapse by anybody knowing what the gently caress is going on anymore

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

happyhippy posted:

If you framed this you could put it in a modern art museum.

(I actually like it.)

Elphiem
Dec 4, 2005

CFC Fan
The plane went to a parallel earth and landed on this secret island west of Australia. The Island only exists in the real universe, i.e where they filmed Dazed and Confused. In other words it went back to the real earth, and away from our current simulation earth that we entered in 1999. This is how they escaped the matrix.

jk

Elphiem fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 17, 2014

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

It is pretty funny how there are tons of signs pointing to different locations and situations.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Elphiem posted:

The plane went to a parallel earth and landed on this secret island west of Australia. The Island only exists in the real universe, i.e where they filmed Dazed and Confused. In other words it went back to the real earth, and away from our current simulation earth that we entered in 1999. This is how they escaped the matrix.

Is that why the high school girls always stay the same age? :tinfoil:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

bathroom sounds posted:

Is that why the high school girls always stay the same age? :tinfoil:

the plane is here in Austin

Matthew McConaughey is making a bong out of it as we speak

mckenna
Jan 19, 2005

I've done... questionable things
Here's an interesting graphic from the Wall Street Journal showing the mountain peaks and sea troughs that the search areas arc through. Pretty unforgiving terrain.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Do we know if James Bond is on the job yet? If nothing else is working I'm sure there are some cars he could blow up or some secretaries he could molest.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Elphiem posted:

jk

They landed on Rand McNally

Jake Armitage
Dec 11, 2004

+69 Pimp

duckmaster posted:

People think it means "the simplest explanation is the correct one" when really it means "the simplest explanation is correct". In other words it's not about trying to find the solution to a problem but giving the most simple solution possible which sums up the problem.

Occam's razor would simply say: "We do not know where the plane is". This is completely, totally, irrefutably 100% fact. Everything else is not a fact, just a theory.

Your definition of Occam's Razor says that if we don't know something, the best explanation is "we don't know". Also, "the simplest explanation is the correct one" and "the simplest explanation is correct" are the same thing.

Occam's Razor would choose "the plane exploded into dust over the ocean" since its the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions. Occam's Razor doesn't tell you what the facts are, it helps you decide which theory is worth pursuing.

I feel like a really goony joke just went over my head.

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

mckenna posted:

Here's an interesting graphic from the Wall Street Journal showing the mountain peaks and sea troughs that the search areas arc through. Pretty unforgiving terrain.

So basically this plane is never gonna get found

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

They'd never let Occam on a plane with a razor these days anyway. Thanks Bin Laden!

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Daimo posted:

(sound of hammers being thrown into cockpit)

DS to rear: Kill the son of a bitch! Kill him! Kill him! Kill him! Kill him!

:stare:

Those transcripts sure are great:

JT: Do you, uh, live over in Arkansas, Dave, or...?
DS: Naw, I live in Fisherville.
JT: Aw, Fisherville, great spot.
(Sounds of hammer blows striking pilots.)
AP: Ow!
JT: God!
JT: Oh, ah, poo poo.
DS: God almighty!
AP: Ow!
JT: What the gently caress are you doing?

Rick Rickshaw posted:

Has anyone considered that the person at the controls managed to pull off a Sullenberger-style water landing? Then the plane just eased itself into the ocean depths like an old man into a nice warm bath.

The ocean is too rough to do that.

bathroom sounds posted:

How loving metal would it be if they hijacked the plane to a secret terrorist base and summarily executed all the passengers

That's like 1978 Judas Priest level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60Mo_Nmydg

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is it mount everest season yet? Maybe the climbers needed oxygen masks.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
truth in advertising

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?

Lobok posted:

Do we know if James Bond is on the job yet? If nothing else is working I'm sure there are some cars he could blow up or some secretaries he could molest.

He had a License To Kill and Permission To Sexually Harass.

It's just a drat shame that Tom Clancy didn't live to see this though. Right up his alley, this would have been.

Dreamlogic
May 11, 2007

I keep seeing this story from sources I'm not familiar with, so I'm not sure if it's been verified, but ALLEGEDLY the pilot's wife and kids moved out the day before the flight.

http://www.ryot.org/flight-370-pilot-political-fanatic/604929

If true, this definitely makes pilot suicide/pilot hijacking the likely scenario IMO. If he lost his family, and his political hero was just thrown in jail, those are the kind of circumstances in which middle aged men go crazy and kill themselves/other people.

Alt theory: for above reasons he was planning the Malaysian 9/11, hence circling back over Malaysian airspace. But he either lost his nerve and killed himself, or was overpowered by passengers, then no one knew how to fly the plane so they crashed into the Indian Ocean :(

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

gnarlyhotep posted:

truth in advertising

That's an A380

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
Ugh I told them a plane couldn't run on coconuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland