Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Twee as gently caress posted:

Well I don't really read comic books and I don't think the tv show is made to make people who read comic books happy*?

I just think it's ridiculous and wondered if they addressed it, even in a meta or cheeky way. It's not like I'm raging and gonna have to stop watching the show, it's just how the gently caress do you not recognize your ex-boyfriend/brother/date standing three feet in front of you with just some eye paint and slightly covered by a hood?

*Because if I've learned anything is that they never are
It's dark, voice modulator and to be fair they kinda shoot it so you can see them but in reality a hood that goes over your eyes will kinda be hard to see from the front in the dark from a few feet away (they also make the habit of hitting the lights before he comes in and makes it short enough that you can't have time to adjust)

Also because TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

I just think it's ridiculous and wondered if they addressed it, even in a meta or cheeky way. It's not like I'm raging and gonna have to stop watching the show, it's just how the gently caress do you not recognize your ex-boyfriend/brother/date standing three feet in front of you with just some eye paint and slightly covered by a hood?

spoiler-free a) yes, it will come up
very, very mild-spoiler b (you can probably read this) It's basically all but stated Detective Lance knows by now, and S2 deals with folks figuring his poo poo out in and out throughout the year.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Syrg Sapphire posted:

very, very mild-spoiler b (you can probably read this) It's basically all but stated Detective Lance knows by now, and S2 deals with folks figuring his poo poo out in and out throughout the year.

Erm, I disagree.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Sober posted:

It's dark, voice modulator and to be fair they kinda shoot it so you can see them but in reality a hood that goes over your eyes will kinda be hard to see from the front in the dark from a few feet away (they also make the habit of hitting the lights before he comes in and makes it short enough that you can't have time to adjust)

Also because TV.

All of this is true, but the second they make eye-contact with him, he's done. Anyone really, it's like you had Brad Pitt put on a hood a some eyeliner fighting crime. Anyone who sees his face and doesn't die would be able to recognize him basically.

Yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and dismiss it as 'because TV'.

edit:

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Well that's what I wanted to hear

I hope that they turn Helena into a full-fledged villain too :ohdear:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

zoux posted:

Erm, I disagree.

S2 spoilers: You can argue Lance knows or not but he doesn't seem to care either way. Oh, and don't forget all of ARGUS knows, they just don't say poo poo.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
One last question, and I'll shut up about Arrow: Does the actor who plays Oliver actually do most of his stunts? I haven't really found a clear answer with a quick google (I also want to avoid spoilers, so)

Because I can't figure out how those would be faked (and he said he did them himself)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0UV1PQ_2Ns

and holy poo poo is he in great shape.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

In the Arrow thread we exhaustively chronicle the exploits of Saint Stephen, and the answer that he gives is that he does everything they let him do, they being basically the insurance company. He trained in parkour for six months I think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqfx2XJf32I

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

One last question, and I'll shut up about Arrow: Does the actor who plays Oliver actually do most of his stunts? I haven't really found a clear answer with a quick google (I also want to avoid spoilers, so)

Because I can't figure out how those would be faked (and he said he did them himself)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0UV1PQ_2Ns

and holy poo poo is he in great shape.

He does everything he is allowed to (apparently insurance prevents him from doing really dangerous stuff - and actually shooting an arrow). The salmon ladder is all him.

Efb.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Basically he's the best guy on TV ever and we all love him :allears:

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

In the Arrow thread we exhaustively chronicle the exploits of Saint Stephen, and the answer that he gives is that he does everything they let him do, they being basically the insurance company. He trained in parkour for six months I think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqfx2XJf32I

Holy poo poo that's impressive :stare:

zoux posted:

Basically he's the best guy on TV ever and we all love him :allears:

I'm gonna have to go ahead and follow the thread from the start then. Also I've never heard anyone complain that it was poo poo, so it can't be like TWD/GOT terrible

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's one of the few few few good threads in TV IV.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GreenNight posted:

Well it helps that everyone that posts in there is bonkers in love with the show.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

nah, its just that Carnivale was a really awesome show

*Long panning shot of the desert*

*cut to guy praying*

*cut back to long panning shot of man in car staring out into the middle distance*

"We need to pull up stakes, management said we had to go to (place nobody wants to go to)"

"Gad drat it I'll quit if we go there!"

"We're going there"

"Well okay I guess I won't quit then"

SOMETHING SPOOKY AND WEIRD HAPPENED WHATS GONNA OH GOD

Cut to black roll credits

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OK guess who this is.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

OK guess who this is.

The embodiment of every single TVIV poster ever?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Booey's baby ape?

edit: this is not the Howard Stern thread :doh:

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 17, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reminder for all of the 3 people that watch the show that The Tomorrow People moved timeslots to Mondays (so tonight) at 9/8.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Also if you've been watching Castle on and off, or gave up this season, make sure to tune in tonight. The episode will be about how Castle and Beckett are pursued by a ninja assassin while investigating the homicide of a Japanese ballerina.

:allears:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Reminder for all of the 3 people that watch the show that The Tomorrow People moved timeslots to Mondays (so tonight) at 9/8.

How'd that turn out anyway?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It can be kind of inconsistent but I'm enjoying the show. They've also kind of ramped things up a bit after coming back from the Winter break.

Holy poo poo that's impressive :stare:

I'm gonna have to go ahead and follow the thread from the start then. Also I've never heard anyone complain that it was poo poo, so it can't be like TWD/GOT terrible

If you're on Facebook I would suggest following Stephen Amell's official page. Its run by Stephen himself and he's fairly open and honest about stuff. He posts a lot of behind the scenes pictures and videos of everyone goofing off.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just noticed The 4400 is on Netflix, worth watching all 4 season of? Or any of?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

zoux posted:

OK guess who this is.

The kid from 2 and a half men? Guessing he went fully off the deep end with his cult?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

precision posted:

I just noticed The 4400 is on Netflix, worth watching all 4 season of? Or any of?

Eeeeehhhhh. I got halfway through the last season before I was just like gently caress it, I'm bored.

The amazing reveal to my earlier post:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

He looks like he belongs in a pop punk band.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

precision posted:

Awful acting, paced like a dying turtle, concept really never delivers on its promise.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

DurosKlav posted:

The kid from 2 and a half men? Guessing he went fully off the deep end with his cult?

Is it really a cult? I heard a lot of people say that but looking into it it just looks like a good old regular fundamentalist church :shrug:

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Or complain that HBO are ruining A Song of Ice and Fire or whatever its called

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GreenNight posted:

I think you're forgetting all the times it turned into a discussion of how Katie Cassady is a Dorito

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Rarity posted:

I think you're forgetting all the times it turned into a discussion of how Katie Cassady is a Dorito

Maybe don't stoke those fires with your avatar of her head.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Nobody belongs in pop punk bands.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There was an hour-long 10th Anniversary Lost panel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vecs0qFCu4

Hurley is still fat

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Mu Zeta posted:

You're boring and [Jon Hamm's] comedy sucks.

He's amazing in The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, which I will take every opportunity to plug.

Also that 30 Rock Live sketch, but I imagine that was mostly not his doing.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

PittTheElder posted:

He's amazing in The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, which I will take every opportunity to plug.

Also that 30 Rock Live sketch, but I imagine that was mostly not his doing.

Also The Greatest Event in Television History and Bridesmaids.

He doesn't hold a candle to Harry Goz in the Sealab episode of Archer, though.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

IRQ posted:

The Event is probably up there.

So... what was the Event?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jon Hamm wasn't as funny as Daniel Radcliffe in A Young Doctor's Notebook but he still had some great moments and drat it people watch that it's only 4 episodes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kraps posted:

Cancellation

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Also The Greatest Event in Television History

Every time I watch this, I can't get over how the Battlefield 2142 Verdun Theme music is in there. Leaps right out every time I hear it; unmistakably 2142.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

Jon Hamm wasn't as funny as Daniel Radcliffe in A Young Doctor's Notebook but he still had some great moments and drat it people watch that it's only 4 episodes.

Definitely the funniest show about medical malpractice and morphine addiction in 1900s Russia.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

PittTheElder posted:

Same. Probably one of the best endings to any show I've ever seen.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Kraps posted:

Aliens teleporting their home planet to become a moon of Earth.

Not even kidding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah this is how you go big.

• Locked thread