Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

njsykora posted:

Podcast One, professional podcast company.

Also on the B&V show today everybody's favourite Bryan Alvarez Analogy makes a storming return.

"If there was a hamburger on the other side of the room..."?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Dave was in quite the mood in the most recent WO haha. Him demanding that Bryan tweet to Barrett that he is the lineal champion was hilarious.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

dsriggs posted:

"If there was a hamburger on the other side of the room..."?

"If I brought a gun into the ring..."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

njsykora posted:

He got that from Jesse Ventura. :colbert:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

HulkaMatt posted:

Because Goog just sent me a message asking what the hell outro I used it is Fart Poetry which can be found in a Best of the Weekend Web from just over SEVEN YEARS AGO.

I hadn't heard Fart Poetry in too many years, thank you for bringing that joy back to my ears.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

njsykora posted:

"it's like if another guy scored a touchdown wearing your number.."

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

njsykora posted:

A machine gun, no less.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Batista posted:

The Todd show today is full of Todd being stubborn as poo poo, so now you've been warned.

Just listening to this now. Is he always this dumb? Just so I know to give the shows with him a miss from now on.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Every once-in-a-while, he's 100% correct about something and it's like watching a dog play the piano.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

LividLiquid posted:

Every once-in-a-while, he's 100% correct about something and it's like watching a dog play the piano.

Todd is a living, breathing infinite monkey on infinite typewriter.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

I'm amazed how he talks with absolute certainty about something (apparently) everyone but him knows is false. Then he accuses Bryan of manipulating ratings numbers to prove a point? The gently caress did this dude come from?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

The gently caress did this dude come from?

That's actually a good question, I have no idea how Todd became a regular contributor. Just some random friend of Bryan?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

That's actually a good question, I have no idea how Todd became a regular contributor. Just some random friend of Bryan?

He used to call into WOL back in the day and then started recapping shows for one of their sites, I think.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Todd may be wrong as hell but holy christ Bryan is the absolute worst debater I've ever heard. I thought he was bad at making points on the other shows but goddamn.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MassRafTer posted:

He used to call into WOL back in the day and then started recapping shows for one of their sites, I think.

And I believe he now writes about MMA for Sherdog. Anyone got those photos of him looking goony as gently caress with a bunch of women wrestlers handy?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

njsykora posted:

And I believe he now writes about MMA for Sherdog. Anyone got those photos of him looking goony as gently caress with a bunch of women wrestlers handy?

I think that's the other Todd.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm amazed how he talks with absolute certainty about something (apparently) everyone but him knows is false. Then he accuses Bryan of manipulating ratings numbers to prove a point? The gently caress did this dude come from?

Wait, what?! Is this still the Yes Movement thing?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Wait, what?! Is this still the Yes Movement thing?

After talking about the Yes Movement they also argued over whether Daylight Savings Time had an affect on the ratings and Todd got mad at Bryan for using "facts and numbers" to back up his argument.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

njsykora posted:

dumbass writer and radio guy is Todd Martin. goony ladies wrestling photo and picture in bed with Sunny guy is Todd Fulkerson.

There is a quick clip of Todd Fulkerson getting Dixie Carter's autograph at Bound For Glory 2013 on the most recent Impact.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
To PSP Podcasts when has there (if ever) been a moment where you acted like a sterotypical IWC fan?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

A very special weekend edition of the p.cast this week where I am joined by Awful Jack and the Goog because Oatgan was getting drunk on Randy Orton's roof and Manflurry was I dunno playing Quidditch or something. We talk Raw, Nattie vs. AJ, the Network, and even a BONUS IMPROMPTU TRIVIA GAME from Mr. Jack. LISTEN TO IT YEAH!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I want Cornette to review Impact every week. He rushes through some stuff so it ends up just being pointing out all the things that are wrong at points but it's pretty great nonetheless.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
what happened to Laganas podcast? Did he get mad and take down all the episodes or something?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

epitasis posted:

I want Cornette to review Impact every week. He rushes through some stuff so it ends up just being pointing out all the things that are wrong at points but it's pretty great nonetheless.

He took like half an hour going over the first two segments and then rushed through the rest when he realized it would take him all day. I just want him to watch Lockdown.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MrBling posted:

what happened to Laganas podcast? Did he get mad and take down all the episodes or something?

He took it down when he signed with TNA.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Big Dave is back on MLW Radio with Konnan.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Really good MLW. They talk about Dave on Donahue, all sorts of poo poo.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

You left out the most important subject, Gary Strydom!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thanks. I don't usually listen to MLW, but Dave's appearances there are great.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
So on WOL, the Jim from Virginia who has been calling in is THAT Jim right?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Punchsport and Pisscast question- Jim Cornette did a AMA on Reddit. What are your favorite douchiest quotes from Cornette?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

You left out the most important subject, Gary Strydom!

To say nothing of THE FLEXING DUTCHMAN Berry Le May!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

http://shootcast.org/wwe-monday-night-raw-for-03-17-14/

or direct link:

http://shootcast.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/031714-WorkedShootRadio.mp3

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jubs posted:

Punchsport and Pisscast question- Jim Cornette did a AMA on Reddit. What are your favorite douchiest quotes from Cornette?

quote:

I actually took my wife to the amusement park in Charlotte on a rare day off, and suddenly found myself in line behind Ricky & Robert on the "Win a Date with the R&R Express" deal at one of the rides--we slipped out the "in" line and left the park. If we had been seen, R&R woud have had to beat me up for real in public or we would have all been fired--as it should be today.

:allears:

edit:

"Describe Russo in ten words or less"

quote:

rear end in a top hat Dipshit Cocksucker Motherfucker Prick Crook Conman Blithering Idiot Christian

Wow this is interesting stuff. Re: Colt.

quote:

Colt is a fine mid-card wrestler, an average look and an oK at best promo, he was perfect for WWE and I have to assume he pissed someone off there--he was NOT a fit for ROH as we were trying to present an athletic, serious, credible style of pro wrestling and funny doesn't draw money. We didn't offer him a contract because he didn't fit those plans, and he has made a big deal out of it, we never said this publicly until he made it an issue-personally, I don't think his comedy is funny and I don't think anyone trying to make a career in pro wrestling should make fun of it at the same time, a la his bullshit "$5 wrestling" with the rear end in a top hat who runs Highspots. I have no use for that type of horseshit--

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Mar 18, 2014

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
Which brings me to a question for Punchsport and Pisscast alike - If you were a promoter, would you actually hire Jim Cornette in any capacity?

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Discount Trombones posted:

Which brings me to a question for Punchsport and Pisscast alike - If you were a promoter, would you actually hire Jim Cornette in any capacity?

In this scenario, do I possess a time machine to go back to the 80s?

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

SaberToothedPie posted:

In this scenario, do I possess a time machine to go back to the 80s?

Depends. Do you want to get 80s Cornette, or do you want to dump present day Cornette in the past where he will no doubt be a lot happier?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't remember if I asked this before but is there a good Android app that will fetch the paid Observer/F4W podcasts? Pocket Casts grabs the free ones, but I have to manually download the subscriber-only content, which is kind of a pain.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't remember if I asked this before but is there a good Android app that will fetch the paid Observer/F4W podcasts? Pocket Casts grabs the free ones, but I have to manually download the subscriber-only content, which is kind of a pain.

I use doggcatcher on Android and it works. You need to put your authentication details in when setting up the feed details. Give it a try, I am mostly happy with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

jtm33 posted:

I use doggcatcher on Android and it works. You need to put your authentication details in when setting up the feed details. Give it a try, I am mostly happy with it.

Oh cool, thanks. Was thinking about making the switch to Doggcatcher anyhow.

• Locked thread