Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Zypher posted:

Lance Moore averaged 3 catches for 35 yards per game with a future HOF quarterback throwing to him this past season. How bad is your worst case scenario?

To be fair, Drew threw a lot more to Jimmy and Kenny Stills last year, but Lance Moore catches almost everything thrown to him. He'd be a great pickup for Carolina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

PantsFreeZone posted:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Raiders reached agreement with former Packers WR James Jones, per ESPN source.

Ooooh.

I was right.

Not about the Raiders, wtf, but I was still right.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I've been MIA from here for too long someone give me a rundown on the Packers free agency

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If you want a WR trade I'm sure Philly beat writers would love to drum up fake speculation about DeSean Jackson to Carolina

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

BTW it looks like Kenny Britt is a Patriot

Haven't heard about a signing, I thought he left without a deal?

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.

Petite Dinklage posted:

I've been MIA from here for too long someone give me a rundown on the Packers free agency

MD Jennings is a Bear and Julius Peppers is a Packer. A good FA period.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Alouicious posted:

The Panthers haven't failed to sign James Jones yet, until that happens I won't pass judgement!

Ozu posted:

@AdamSchefter
Raiders giving former Packers WR James Jones a three-year deal.

Alouicious posted:

HGNAHGHNGJrBF

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Incidentally, Carolina could still maybe salvage this by grabbing Lance Moore, Jerricho Cotchery and either Holmes or Britt and drafting receivers with their first two picks in the draft!

I mean, not really, but I don't think Carolina fans can handle any more bad news. :ohdear:

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

superaielman posted:

MD Jennings is a Bear and Julius Peppers is a Packer. A good FA period.

Yeah I nearly popped a testicle when we signed Peppers, even if he is past his peak.

Also, what's a "Letroy Guion"

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Silly Burrito posted:

To be fair, Drew threw a lot more to Jimmy and Kenny Stills last year, but Lance Moore catches almost everything thrown to him. He'd be a great pickup for Carolina.

Very true. He has really good hands. But I guess it's a big red flag to me that someone with eight years of rapport with Drew Brees had such a significant drop off in utilization.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Petite Dinklage posted:

A bad former Vikings DT who we specifically ran at for our games against them.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Quest For Glory II posted:

If you want a WR trade I'm sure Philly beat writers would love to drum up fake speculation about DeSean Jackson to Carolina

If they really want a good WR, the Niners would may be willing to dump trade former 1st round pick Jon Baldwin. They'd need similar terms to the other high 1st rounder they traded, of course.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 17, 2014

R.A. Dickey
Feb 20, 2005

Knuckleballer.

Professor Funk posted:

Pretty much expected.

There is no way at all this will backfire

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
What the hell happened today? Panthers lose out on another WR, Weeden Signs in Dallas, Irsay gets charged with possession? drat.

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.

Brannock posted:

He'll fit right in then!

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Mughe posted:

What the hell happened today? Panthers lose out on another WR, Weeden Signs in Dallas, Irsay gets charged with possession? drat.

Don't forget Texans talking up Schaub trades so as to make the coast clear for Sanchez!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

R.A. Dickey posted:

There is no way at all this will backfire

I mean, it will certainly help in some cases, and I think that he's waiting to spend big on the defense until there's more consistency at QB. It's still frustrating though.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

THE PANTHERS ARE SAVED

quote:

The Charlotte Observer names free agent Mario Manningham as a "guy to keep an eye on" for the Panthers.

Manningham and GM Dave Gettleman know each other from their Giants days. Manningham is actually visiting the G-Men on Monday. He'd be an extremely underwhelming addition to a depleted Panthers receiving corps.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

gently caress Gettleman so hard for managing to miss on James Jones, holy poo poo. We are so beyond hosed.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

surf rock posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Incidentally, Carolina could still maybe salvage this by grabbing Lance Moore, Jerricho Cotchery and either Holmes or Britt and drafting receivers with their first two picks in the draft!

I mean, not really, but I don't think Carolina fans can handle any more bad news. :ohdear:

This will be like the year after Carolina went to the Super Bowl; Cam will break a leg and Kuechly will get 5 concussions. Can't wait.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Brannock posted:

A Dom Capers Signature Player™

cujojp
Oct 31, 2011

NEVER FORGET

Petite Dinklage posted:

He is REALLY bad.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

THE PANTHERS ARE SAVED

"Mario Manningham. Maybe. Maybe."

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Ahahahaha the Panthers are so boned

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Homestar Runner posted:

Don't forget Texans talking up Schaub trades so as to make the coast clear for Sanchez!

Some Texans fans think we'll get a day 2 pick from Oakland for Schaub :stare:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Coldforge posted:

If they really want a good WR, the Niners would may be willing to dump trade former 1st round pick Jon Baldwin. They'd need similar terms to the other high 1st rounder they traded, of course.

Honestly, Baldwin would probably be an improvement on what they have now and if Baalke could actually get something back before cutting him that would be nice.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Baldwin is not an improvement on anything. He won't be in the NFL in 2 years.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

That's what they said about Jovan Belcher

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

quote:

Jerry McDonald @Jerrymcd
Raiders WR James Jones says Raiders talks have being going on last couple of days. Like's McKenzie's vision, has relationship from Packers.

Jerry McDonald @Jerrymcd
Raiders WR James Jones plans on leading by example for young WR corps the same way Donald Driver did.

I like this signing. Looks like they might be aiming at Bridgewater by filling needs elsewhere.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

He's caught NFL passes! Technically that means he's accomplished more than their current roster!

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Toymachine posted:

Jerry McDonald @Jerrymcd
Raiders WR James Jones plans on leading by example for young WR corps the same way Donald Driver did.

"Now listen up guys, this is what I learned in Green Bay: No matter where you are on the field, your QB is going to thread a dart into your hands in a place only you can catch it. Let's go out there and put our trust in our generational QB"

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Do the Chiefs still not have any offensive linemen?

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Petite Dinklage posted:

"Now listen up guys, this is what I learned in Green Bay: No matter where you are on the field, your QB is going to thread a dart into your hands in a place only you can catch it. Let's go out there and put our trust in our generational QB"

Matt McGloin rules.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

BTW it looks like Kenny Britt is a Patriot

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
No blockers, no receivers, media loves to undeservedly bash him... Cam is becoming Black Cutler.

Edit:
Man, Kenny Britt to the Pats was the most obvious thing, I've been saying that since December. Now in 8 to 10 months he'll ram his car into a liquor store.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

If Miles Austin didn't have injury concerns he'd be the best pickup for WR now.

But he also wouldn't be a free agent.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

DupaDupa posted:

No blockers, no receivers, media loves to undeservedly bash him... Cam is becoming Black Cutler.

Edit:
Man, Kenny Britt to the Pats was the most obvious thing, I've been saying that since December. Now in 8 to 10 months he'll ram his car into a liquor store.

Dat sweet, sweet Rutgers pedigree.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
DupaDupa I remember you posting a few pages back about Peppers' dead money potential in Green Bay--if we drop him this year then it's a $5.5 million cap hit. There's nothing guaranteed in years two or three. The biggest part of the contract would come in year two. Green Bay gave itself lots of flexibility with renegotiation options if he performs well this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/8386/breaking-down-julius-peppers-contract

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

TubeStank posted:

DupaDupa I remember you posting a few pages back about Peppers' dead money potential in Green Bay--if we drop him this year then it's a $5.5 million cap hit. There's nothing guaranteed in years two or three. The biggest part of the contract would come in year two. Green Bay gave itself lots of flexibility with renegotiation options if he performs well this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/8386/breaking-down-julius-peppers-contract

Oh wow thanks, I missed that article. Thats a great contract for the Packers. The defensive breakdown last year must have really tanked his value.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Yeah, absolutely. Peppers would have had the highest sack total on our D-line last season. He's an immediate upgrade. I'm hoping to see Peppers and Matthews lining up on the same side because that's going to be a hell of a lot of pressure to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Marvin McNutt is gonna catch so many passes

• Locked thread