Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Study Strategy, Strategy, Intrigue (or if I can't do that, Strategy, Strategy, Internal Affairs).

Imprison the attempted poisoner.

Leave out the weekend events unless they're new or special. (I assume you mean ones like visiting Charlotte or Joslyn, or where the mood bonus is listed as "???"?)

[Edit: Is it kosher to say something like "Guys, we need x Intrigue to pass the check we passed in Week y in the first playthrough, and we only have z chances to raise it until then"?]

zonohedron fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Elegence, Flattery, Internal Affairs, and ask him his story.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Elegance, Composure, and Presence. Between our mad economic skills & our sudden burst of court manners, we almost seem like a respectable queen. Almost. Which is why we need some royal demeanor. :v:

Execute her.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

Zikan posted:

Elegance x2 Flattery x1 Let's work on actual royalty skills, being fabulous and lying through our teeth.

Execute Her

These all seems like good choices to me.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Internal Affairs x3

Assuming we have enough Internal Affairs by then, ask about the history. Otherwise Imprision.

At least show what's going up/down.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

1) We've got a training bonus to Faith right now, and it seems like Divination pops up a lot to warn us about upcoming dangers, so lets go for Meditation, Lore, and Divination. As a bonus, through Faith we can learn all about the historical dangerous of the evil magic we've cast aside!

2) Ask the Earl of Io about her story; we can see if 50 court manners is enough to pass the check.

3) No preference.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Catalina posted:

1) We've got a training bonus to Faith right now, and it seems like Divination pops up a lot to warn us about upcoming dangers, so lets go for Meditation, Lore, and Divination. As a bonus, through Faith we can learn all about the historical dangerous of the evil magic we've cast aside!

2) Ask the Earl of Io about her story; we can see if 50 court manners is enough to pass the check.

3) No preference.

Seconding the Faith tree: Divination can be a massive boon to our business acumen. Likewise, gather what information we can from the Earl before passing judgement.

Eagle884
Mar 2, 2014
Divination, Presence, and Internal Affairs

Ask the Earl if the option is available and imprison if it isn't

Keep showing events

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

ViggyNash posted:

Internal Affairs x3

Assuming we have enough Internal Affairs by then, ask about the history. Otherwise Imprision.

At least show what's going up/down.

Let's do this.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Divination Elegance and Flattery

Know what's coming so we can look stylish about it and then lie through our teeth to it.

Imprison the Woman

Tough on crime tough on the causes of crime.

keep showing events.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

We've successfully invented the printing press, how about preparing for inventing proper health care next?

Might as well start with battlefield medicine (times 3), since the lack of knocking how to properly remove an arrow was also our first death.

Also execute, so whats his face doesn't get pissy again.

Show weekend events.

Penakoto fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 17, 2014

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I'll go with these options:
Divination, Elegance, and Flattery
Imprison the Woman
Keep showing events

of bees
Dec 28, 2009
Get some Royal Demeanor in here, we need a proper queen.

imprison the woman.

And don't show events unless they're new or changed somehow.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

Eagle884 posted:

Keep showing events

This please!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Swor-- Wait, drat Yielding penalty. Uh, Royal Demeanor x3

Ask the Earl or, alternatively, Execute her

Skip events we have seen

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Divination x2, and Internal Affairs
Imprison the woman

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
Divination x3

Pardon her

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Eagle884 posted:

Keep showing events

my vote.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Divination, Logistics and Public Speaking.
Imprison the woman
Keep showing events

FFKonoko
Jan 1, 2013

Olfacere violarum.
Elegance, Composure, Divination.
Execute her.

And while logically you can just leave them out unless they are special or new, there is something oddly enjoyable about seeing her pause between executions to relax with her toys, or weep over a grave. So for now, Keep. It might get old later on.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Flattery, Composure x2, Imprison her

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

zonohedron posted:

[Edit: Is it kosher to say something like "Guys, we need x Intrigue to pass the check we passed in Week y in the first playthrough, and we only have z chances to raise it until then"?]

That's fine, so long as it is skill checks we have already seen.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
Flattery x2, Elegance So we can work on boosting our Manners to *politely* twist the knife. And look fabulous doing it.

Execute her Don't want a poisoner and a witch getting together and planning anything. And since we can't kill the witch....

Keep wearing the Fabutux 3000

It's nice being reminded of the events between, so keep them

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

Eagle884 posted:

Keep showing events

I like this one as well.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is closed. The update will probably be late today.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Weekend Events

Show them: 12

Leave out: 3

Woman

Ask the Earl of Io about her story: 10

Imprison her: 8

Execute her: 6

Pardon her: 1

Obligatory Tuxedo Vote

Tuxedo: 1

Classes

Divination: 14

Internal Affairs: 12

Elegance: 10

Flattery: 8

Royal Demeanor: 6

Presence: 5

Composure: 4

Battlefield Medicine: 3

Faith: 3

Strategy: 2

Intrigue: 1

Meditation: 1

Lore: 1

Logistics: 1

Public Speaking: 1

Winners

Show weekend events

Wear the tuxedo until the day Elodie dies (probably next week)

Ask the Earl of Io his story, if not, imprison the woman

Divination x 3

Elegance x 2

Internal Affairs

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 17, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Note: all links to past events will now link to SSLP.

The Week 14 event from last time occurred this week, since there is no war to report on.

This is the same as the last week 12

This week is the same as last time until...

Elodie is too dumb to realize that something is up, so we will go with the second most voted option of imprison

You have tried to murder a noble of my domain, and I have no reason to believe you wouldn't do it again. You will be imprisoned for the rest of your life.

Condemned Woman: Ye'll not have me!

All of a sudden, she breaks loose from her guards and rushes at you! In your Court dress, you are unarmed - you grope for a weapon and find only a heavy golden ornament which you hurl in her direction.

Your missile flies wide of its mark. Before you have a chance to do anything else, your personal guards step into action, cutting the woman down before she can endanger you. Her lifeless body lies bleeding on your carpet.

:black101:

Vote for:

1) 3 classes

2) In the Festival of the Good Lady, should Elodie lead the parade, parade and make a speech, or not go?

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
Let's make a speech! But first, we should put some points into public speaking.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Let's do public speaking and flattery to get the costume ASAP, and so that we can actually do a speech.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

MegaZeroX posted:

zonohedron posted:

Is it kosher to say something like "Guys, we need x Intrigue to pass the check we passed in Week y in the first playthrough, and we only have z chances to raise it until then"?
That's fine, so long as it is skill checks we have already seen.

With that in mind: in order to get the choice about what to have our agents worry about, we need more than 10 Intrigue. The check happens in week 18. Fortunately, we have 11 of an Intrigue skill now, it's only week 14, and the check doesn't require so much that we need to spend all eight classes getting there; in fact, we could raise it before the ball, so if we do raise it now, we might have enough for the Court Manners + Intrigue check at the ball that we failed last time around!

Study Internal Affairs x3

Lead the parade (but don't give a speech)

zonohedron fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 19, 2014

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Princess Elodie don't go
Of public speaking you don't know
Is cus you did not train your voice
Nor play the instrument of your choice

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Presencex2, Internal Affairsx1. And lead the parade, but do not speak.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Haifisch posted:

Presencex2, Internal Affairsx1. And lead the parade, but do not speak.

This.

TiamosLoren
Apr 20, 2013
Hasn't she already made a fool of herself once before? Let's not go so she doesn't make herself a laughingstock a second time...

She should spend the time dealing with affairs in her own court. Maybe work on polishing her knowledge of affairs abroad. But just in case she has to go, she'll need to know more about speaking to the public when she opens her mouth.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Elegance x2 Flattery x1

Lead the parade but don't speak

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Go to the parade but don't make a speech.

Also I still think we should boost the medical skills for the aforementioned reasons, them being inventing healthcare and preventing death #1, so, Battlefield Medicine X 3.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard
Composure, Presence and Meditation/Lore (whichever, we need one to get more Divination)

One Room Disco
Dec 23, 2013
Battlefield Medicine, Flattery, and Internal Affairs

Lead the parade, don't make a speech

One Room Disco fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 18, 2014

of bees
Dec 28, 2009

Penakoto posted:

Go to the parade but don't make a speech.

Also I still think we should boost the medical skills for the aforementioned reasons, them being inventing healthcare and preventing death #1, so, Battlefield Medicine X 3.

Going with this, but let's do some Internal Affairs too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
We know 30.5 wasn't enough elegance to pass, and there's no chance in hell we'll have enough Public Speaking before then (without ignoring more important things), and nothing bad happens if we fail, so just lead the parade.

We'll need a whole lot of Court Manners for the upcoming ball, and Internal Affairs becomes really important soon and later on, so pump that. Unfortunately, we have no Lumen skill this time, so we have to ignore all those checks and hope we don't die. Also Presence so we can scare the poo poo out of Sirin later on.

• Locked thread