Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Otacon posted:

Just went out on my first Harpyfleet as a Burst.

40+ Harpies with ~8 Bursts went and caused over 2.3 billion in damages, taking losses (including my beloved Burst, RIP) of about 200mil. I had mad fun, saved 3 dudes who were more than half-way into Hull, repped a bunch of goons until I was primaried, and am (hopefully :ohdear:) getting reimbursed essentially making me ~8mil in profit from participating. I didn't even get podded, yay!

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=22508966

About 30 hours until I'm at Shield Upgrades IV and can actually use Shield II mods. I'm having a lot of fun being in Goonwaffe.

Goddamn the one fault I have with being in PL is a lack of cute newbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Tim Jong-un posted:

I still have Baki Yukus corpse. nobody will pay me big spacebucks for it. :negative:

So terrible people don't even want his corpse in their corp.

pugnax posted:

Goddamn the one fault I have with being in PL is a lack of cute newbies.

If you wanted cute newbies, you guys should have gotten to BNI before Test did.

Majikjon
Mar 8, 2012

I can do more than talk, I can pontificate!

orange juche posted:

Tengus are modular ships, they have many roles depending on their subsystems which is why you got a bunch of conflicting info.

Well, yes, I get that.

My problem was even just looking at fits that are supposedly for basic ratting or lvl 4 mission running, there were conflicts in fit recommendations.

I haven't really looked into other fits (stealth, ECM warfare, triage, etc) at all yet. Just nice to have those options in reserve going forward.

To clarify; for the moment, I'm looking for high DPS, decently tanked mission running builds.

Thanks.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Majikjon posted:

Just a general request for fitting recommendations. I've been playing EVE for ~4 months, and currently running lvl 4's in High Sec in a Raven. Lots of Caladri shieldtanky-missile-shooty-skills in my repertoire.

I'm thinking of training up the prereqs to get into the Tengu, as I understand this can be quite effective at soloing level 4s, yet flexible to fill other roles if and when I ever join a guild and move out to nullsec. I've been trying to research different builds for the Tengu, but have been getting a lot of conflicting information on what is good.

I realize that these questions have likely been covered elsewhere, so I'm really just looking for any links anyone might have to particular resources they've found useful in regards to fitting a Tengu (or just missile/shield-tanking boats in general).

Thanks.

Right now, missile ships are not in vogue for any purpose other than running L4s in highsec, and the HAM Tengu is the only passable missile option for nullsec ratting. For running level 4s, I doubt a Tengu will ever be better than an RNI, but I could be wrong - I don't know enough about which missionrunning tactics are more profitable (i.e. blitzing vs killing everything). For nullsec PvE, the Tengu is definitely more effective than a Raven, but far more expensive and less survivable if you do get tackled (no utility highs, no drones). For nullsec PvP, it should not be one of the first hundred or so ships you undock in, as you're 100% guaranteed to lose it.

If you're asking more for PvP, then the answer is train into guns or sentry drones ASAP. If you're asking for PvE outside of highsec, the answer is train into guns or heavy drones ASAP. Either way, don't plan on a 500m isk T3 being your first non-highsec PvP or PvE ship, because you will lose it.

Edit: Just to throw a Tengu fit out there, this is roughly the baseline you'd be going for in a PvE fit for either highsec or null, with the invulns swapped out for rat-specific hardeners as needed. The booster, afterburner and cap rig can all be upgraded for a little more cap time, and one BCS and the painter for a little more DPS, but that'll push the cost to 500-750m, which is not a great place to start.

mikey fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 18, 2014

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine
It's small potatoes I guess but I'll never get tired of killing retrievers in high sec:

Krist BAngs > mother fuking bitch
Krist BAngs > suck my cock your mom
Krist BAngs > suck my cock bitch
Krist BAngs > why me yor mother loving bitch
Krist BAngs > and where is my feat &
Krist BAngs > mouses
Krist BAngs > your mommy suckig cock you loving bitch

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You should at least tell that poor guy what you did with his feet. :(

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Majikjon posted:

Well, yes, I get that.

My problem was even just looking at fits that are supposedly for basic ratting or lvl 4 mission running, there were conflicts in fit recommendations.

I haven't really looked into other fits (stealth, ECM warfare, triage, etc) at all yet. Just nice to have those options in reserve going forward.

To clarify; for the moment, I'm looking for high DPS, decently tanked mission running builds.

Thanks.

The Goon Wiki has a couple fits that are possible for the Tengu, and it so happens that someone has rehosted that page here, but the basic idea is shield booster sub, capacitor capacity sub, afterburner speed sub, targeting range sub, and whatever missile sub that gives the most launcher slots.

For the record, and this will probably be beating a dead horse here, don't be one of those guys who drops ~1b isk on his ship then sits there in shock when it gets suicide ganked. Upgrading to a Deadspace shield booster is not a bad idea, but you don't really need Caldari Navy Ballistic Controls or expensive invulnerability fields unless you're really hard up for fitting room. Only fit the absolute bare necessity to finish your missions. Doing so makes you a much less likely target for gankers.

Also, it should go without saying, but you should join Goonwaffe or Groon as soon as possible. You might think you're training up skills to be "ready" for it, but in reality you're fostering an attachment to ships that is incredibly damaging to your readiness, and ultimately your skills don't really matter when it comes to PvP - ask any of our newbies and they'll tell you the same.

Doing L4s for money is fine, but I highly suggest you jump into a blank clone, fit up a Caracal or Kestrel, and go look for fights in Faction Warfare Lowsec. Get used to losing vessels - treat them like ammunition, and you'll be ready for PvP in no time.

Magic Rabbit Hat fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Mar 18, 2014

Innominate
Sep 2, 2004
The Innominate

Alexzandvar posted:

do people buy famous peoples corpses. say how much could I get for the corpse of Vince Drakon or Montolio?

or god help me progodlegend?

Sometimes, it usually happens alongside a major nullsec event when someone with too much money wants to show off.

Unrelated, I'll sell The Mittani's corpse for 1b isk.

Lowkin
Aug 27, 2007
Is there any benefit to listing something for 24 hours opposed to 3 months?
It doesn't increase brokerage fees or anything so why would anyone choose the lower time.
It must exist to gently caress you over for being forgetful.

Do market traders use 0.01 ISK bots or is that quickly dealt with by CCP?

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Only fit the absolute bare necessity to finish your missions.

This is especially true of tanking mods. The Tengu benefits a lot from e.g. a Gistum C-Type MSB (~100m isk), but really doesn't need any other better-than-T2 tanking mods unless you're looking at running DED complexes or something of the sort.

Usually you only want to use faction modules on a PvE ship for killing things faster, as that's the only way you'll ever break even on them. Unfortunately, the Tengu doesn't benefit much from faction BCSes, and there's little reason to fit more than one: at max skills and with 5% implants, the first adds about 22dps (2.2%), the second about 19dps (1.9%), and the third 14dps (1.3%). Basically, the payoff time on even one faction BCS is on the order of weeks, and the only reason to use even one is to free up CPU for a better booster and/or painter. Going from 3% missile implants to 5% missile implants is fairly similar, although in highsec they're not a loss risk, and will apply to any missile ship you fly.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Also, it should go without saying, but you should join Goonwaffe or Groon as soon as possible. You might think you're training up skills to be "ready" for it, but in reality you're fostering an attachment to ships that is incredibly damaging to your readiness, and ultimately your skills don't really matter when it comes to PvP - ask any of our newbies and they'll tell you the same.

This is very, very true. I've been playing EVE for a long drat time (my main was created in 2004, well before the founding of Goonfleet). I don't have a problem going out on stratops, but when it comes to solo or impromptu pvp in general, I'm incredibly risk-averse. Despite knowing that I can absolutely afford to lose ships, the habits I formed early are very hard to break.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Lowkin posted:

Is there any benefit to listing something for 24 hours opposed to 3 months?
It doesn't increase brokerage fees or anything so why would anyone choose the lower time.
It must exist to gently caress you over for being forgetful.

Do market traders use 0.01 ISK bots or is that quickly dealt with by CCP?

As far as I can remember it makes no difference what listing time you choose so yes it's pretty much there to screw you over for forgetting about it. On the other hand if you want to sell something cheap but not at buy order price I just throw a 24 hour sell that's markedly cheaper and if it doesn't sell I'll hold onto it for another day. Speaking of markets is it worth doing null sec-exploration? I haven't tried it much since the Odyssey update.

Majikjon
Mar 8, 2012

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

For the record, and this will probably be beating a dead horse here, don't be one of those guys who drops ~1b isk on his ship then sits there in shock when it gets suicide ganked. Upgrading to a Deadspace shield booster is not a bad idea, but you don't really need Caldari Navy Ballistic Controls or expensive invulnerability fields unless you're really hard up for fitting room. Only fit the absolute bare necessity to finish your missions. Doing so makes you a much less likely target for gankers.

Well, that was one of my reasons for asking. I definitely do not want to attract too much attention by putting too much bling in my fit. That being said, I realize there are likely to be one or two spots where a faction mod or two will be a big help.

quote:

Doing L4s for money is fine, but I highly suggest you jump into a blank clone, fit up a Caracal or Kestrel, and go look for fights in Faction Warfare Lowsec. Get used to losing vessels - treat them like ammunition, and you'll be ready for PvP in no time.

No doubt, this is excellent advice. Right now I'm still getting along learning the basics of the gameplay, and running level 4s to build up cash to play with. I do plan to sign on with one of the goon guilds at some point--at which point I expect I will discover I still have much to learn. I just hope to have a better idea of what type/size of ship I'll be shooting for in the long run. No doubt my Tengu will stay docked in my bay for a while if it makes the trip out to Null Sec with me. In the meantime I can fly cheap disposable frigates or destroyers.

Thanks for the fitting tips, guys (esp also to mikey). This does help greatly.

Majikjon

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Thrasophius posted:

Speaking of markets is it worth doing null sec-exploration? I haven't tried it much since the Odyssey update.

It depends how may other people are doing it at the same time as you. Occasionally I find a relic and 3 data sites in a single system, just because no other explorers have been through the system lately. Other times you can go through a dozen systems and find nothing but wormholes and combat sites. Then you finally find a site and warp in to find a blue already working on it. Or you're in the middle of site when hostiles show up so you have no choice but to cloak up and wait for them to leave, because you can't fight poo poo in a covops. Or you take the wrong JB and gently caress now you're in Fade do we have ratting rights here? Maybe that's just me.

On a good night I might find a couple hundred mil worth of loot over the course of a few hours, so the isk/hour and isk/effort aren't as good as ratting. I hate ratting though. So if it suits your temperament it can be worthwhile. Archaeology V and Hacking V and using the Tech II modules make it much easier.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Majikjon posted:

Well, that was one of my reasons for asking. I definitely do not want to attract too much attention by putting too much bling in my fit. That being said, I realize there are likely to be one or two spots where a faction mod or two will be a big help.

No doubt, this is excellent advice. Right now I'm still getting along learning the basics of the gameplay, and running level 4s to build up cash to play with. I do plan to sign on with one of the goon guilds at some point--at which point I expect I will discover I still have much to learn. I just hope to have a better idea of what type/size of ship I'll be shooting for in the long run. No doubt my Tengu will stay docked in my bay for a while if it makes the trip out to Null Sec with me. In the meantime I can fly cheap disposable frigates or destroyers.

Majikjon

Please don't sign your posts, we can see your name right next to the post if we need to.

Also, join Groon ASAP, otherwise you will turn into some weird soulless mission running idiot.

Majikjon
Mar 8, 2012

orange juche posted:

Please don't sign your posts, we can see your name right next to the post if we need to.

Also, join Groon ASAP, otherwise you will turn into some weird soulless mission running idiot.

Soul? Threw that out years ago. It was always just an impediment to me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I haven't been able to play much the last few days, but I finally got Gunnery V during the downtime.

Now I just need to wait for work to hit a stabilized schedule so I can play internet spaceship games again.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Angela Christine posted:

It depends how may other people are doing it at the same time as you. Occasionally I find a relic and 3 data sites in a single system, just because no other explorers have been through the system lately. Other times you can go through a dozen systems and find nothing but wormholes and combat sites. Then you finally find a site and warp in to find a blue already working on it. Or you're in the middle of site when hostiles show up so you have no choice but to cloak up and wait for them to leave, because you can't fight poo poo in a covops. Or you take the wrong JB and gently caress now you're in Fade do we have ratting rights here? Maybe that's just me.

On a good night I might find a couple hundred mil worth of loot over the course of a few hours, so the isk/hour and isk/effort aren't as good as ratting. I hate ratting though. So if it suits your temperament it can be worthwhile. Archaeology V and Hacking V and using the Tech II modules make it much easier.

I don't mind ratting but I tend to get bored of it as my only source of income so tend to hop between ratting and marketing so was thinking of adding exploration to the mix, that and I've always had a soft spot for scanning since my ninja salvaging days. Thanks for the heads up.

Has anyone used the rifter since it's bonus change and would you say it's made it better or worse?

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Majikjon posted:

Soul? Threw that out years ago. It was always just an impediment to me.
Seriously though, don't stay in highsec. It's one thing to keep a highsec missionrunning account so you can make money unimpeded (albeit slightly slower), but you'll learn nothing but bad habits if you spend your first 2-3 months there. At least make sure you're taking some frigates out on lowsec roams to die horribly, so you can learn how not to die horribly every time. That is one area where missile skills are valuable-- the Condor and Kestrel are really annoying and effective at kiting and killing other lone frigates, you just need some basic electronic warfare skills.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Thrasophius posted:

Has anyone used the rifter since it's bonus change and would you say it's made it better or worse?
At least on paper, it's really not much better off. To use the utility highslot for a nos/neut, you need to be within a range where the falloff bonus is pointless, and it doesn't have the fitting or slot layout to scram+web kite well (either 4 mids or 4 lows would be most effective). Practically, the falloff bonus will translate to a tiny bit more damage at mid range when both you and your target are tackled, which isn't enough to put it on the same level as the Atron, Tristan, Merlin, or really even the new Punisher (which gained much more practical neut/nos fitting options).

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
Just had another prime example of BNI fleets and FC'ing:

Now, I don't mind dying, really, but what I mind is dying to utter stupidity. Like a FC jumping a fleet into a 50 man gatecamp without even having an actual idea what's on field (but knowing that there is a gatecamp), and also having everybody sit there cloaked while no bubble is up, and first uncloak after a bubble has been brought up. Of course, that is reminiscent of shooting fish in a barrel. Add to that that our fleet had around 45 people total, so we were outnumbered anyway, plus we had mostly T1 frigs & dessies against better geared gatecampers. By no means bounce us to a celestial, get some decent information, then engage, or just bloody wait for a scout to... scout. Afterwards, everybody is laughing because "welp equals fun, and welping completely means complete fun, right?" If you kill your fleet for some sort of purpose or at least for another reason than "LOL, jumping blind and winging it", fine, but like this?

Some people here talked about it before, but I think BNI's problem isn't that people get killed a lot, but that there is no actual learning happening nor is there a wider structure in place that actually makes it useful or meaningful to get most of your fleets wiped completely, repeatedly.

And on that note, a question for the Groon people in here: Is there anything going on at all during EUTZ in terms of fleets, small gangs etc., or is that too early for the regulars?

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

mikey posted:

At least on paper, it's really not much better off. To use the utility highslot for a nos/neut, you need to be within a range where the falloff bonus is pointless, and it doesn't have the fitting or slot layout to scram+web kite well (either 4 mids or 4 lows would be most effective). Practically, the falloff bonus will translate to a tiny bit more damage at mid range when both you and your target are tackled, which isn't enough to put it on the same level as the Atron, Tristan, Merlin, or really even the new Punisher (which gained much more practical neut/nos fitting options).

Looks like I'm shelving the rifter for a bit then. How is the new punisher since the mass change? In all honesty I've never really bothered to fly it so wondering how it compares now.

Hollow Talk posted:

Some people here talked about it before, but I think BNI's problem isn't that people get killed a lot, but that there is no actual learning happening nor is there a wider structure in place that actually makes it useful or meaningful to get most of your fleets wiped completely, repeatedly.

Been in good old native freshfood pirating out in FW space for about a year now and I thought about giving BNI a try because of the whole just for fun attitude but if that's the state of the fleets I think I'll pass. Yeh sure have fun and lose ships but at least apply the basics, jumping in the deep end going from carebearing to solo low sec I quickly learned you better take a lesson from every fight or stuff just gets frustrating. At first I thought it was just unfair fights but quickly started to catch on that pretty much all my losses have been because of my error.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Hollow Talk posted:

And on that note, a question for the Groon people in here: Is there anything going on at all during EUTZ in terms of fleets, small gangs etc., or is that too early for the regulars?

Not really. Plenty of enemies to shoot at during EUTZ (Russians, Germans, Ineluctable down in Y9G, etc. etc.) but 95% of our ops go down around 0200-0300.

Majikjon
Mar 8, 2012

mikey posted:

Seriously though, don't stay in highsec. It's one thing to keep a highsec missionrunning account so you can make money unimpeded (albeit slightly slower), but you'll learn nothing but bad habits if you spend your first 2-3 months there. At least make sure you're taking some frigates out on lowsec roams to die horribly, so you can learn how not to die horribly every time. That is one area where missile skills are valuable-- the Condor and Kestrel are really annoying and effective at kiting and killing other lone frigates, you just need some basic electronic warfare skills.

I hear you. I ran on a Kestrel for a while. Maybe I'll pick one back up and go exploring in LowSec for some PvP action.

Just need to get a jump clone so I don't lose my implants...

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Majikjon posted:

Majikjon

I really don't get how people can possibly think this. We literally give you stuff for free, teach you how to make more isk faster, and show you all the gameplay stuff. I mean, usually newbies get about 500m isk their first day.\

edit: Newbie came into theta mumble and asked if there's a fleet to join with his newbie slasher.

We just gave him 800m and helped him set up his own fleet and got a ping going for him to lead his first fleet.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 18, 2014

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

CainFortea posted:

I really don't get how people can possibly think this. We literally give you stuff for free, teach you how to make more isk faster, and show you all the gameplay stuff. I mean, usually newbies get about 500m isk their first day.

Only the cutest of newbies actually get donations, but the rest is very true. We're pretty much the most newbie friendly group in the game,

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Majikjon posted:

I hear you. I ran on a Kestrel for a while. Maybe I'll pick one back up and go exploring in LowSec for some PvP action.

Unless you have mega-expensive implants, just go for it. As a newer character all you should really need is the +3 training implants or the powergrid ones for tight fittings if you like running it that way.

You will really need to break out of that mindset and just lose the attachment to ships. Have fun and actually play the game.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Mr. Jive posted:

Not really. Plenty of enemies to shoot at during EUTZ (Russians, Germans, Ineluctable down in Y9G, etc. etc.) but 95% of our ops go down around 0200-0300.

There is always longdrinks and the euro ELITE PVP SQUAD who gently caress around in frigs and destroyers to hang out with in euro time. Also, towards the tail end of what you mentioned for your active times is when USTZ groon starts waking up and shooting things with other groons.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Newbie is leading a fleet its a good Saint Patrick's day.

Kjep64
Oct 3, 2013

Coffee. Cigarettes. Beer. Kimchi. Ingest.

Above Our Own posted:

It's small potatoes I guess but I'll never get tired of killing retrievers in high sec:

Krist BAngs > mother fuking bitch
Krist BAngs > suck my cock your mom
Krist BAngs > suck my cock bitch
Krist BAngs > why me yor mother loving bitch
Krist BAngs > and where is my feat &
Krist BAngs > mouses
Krist BAngs > your mommy suckig cock you loving bitch

These are the comments I miss. The full on carebear rage lashing out at the loss of their precious internet spaceship. After viewing your post I went down memory-lane to post some old tears I had acquired over the years. I couldn't find any worth mentioning. Just the typical "gently caress you". Which brings up a question, does your inbox cap out at some point? I never deleted my in-game mail, but I seem to be missing quite a bit. I had all kinds of glorious emails about death, cancer, suicide, IRL death threats, how I'm a terrible human being and so on. Maybe uninstalling Eve does something? Or letting your account lapse?

tuzy2k
Sep 17, 2007

CainFortea posted:

I really don't get how people can possibly think this. We literally give you stuff for free, teach you how to make more isk faster, and show you all the gameplay stuff. I mean, usually newbies get about 500m isk their first day.\

edit: Newbie came into theta mumble and asked if there's a fleet to join with his newbie slasher.

We just gave him 800m and helped him set up his own fleet and got a ping going for him to lead his first fleet.

Yep. This just happened. Gave him 100m myself.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Hollow Talk posted:

Fun Per Hour. If we don't all die horribly in the next 5 minutes, things might get boring. FUN PER HOUR

Majikjon posted:

You shouldn't ever lose your pod in lowsec unless you disconnect or something. When you're about to die, click on a gate and start spamming the warp button during your transition to a pod, and you'll warp before you can be targeted (it takes everything in the game at least 1s to lock a pod, and they technically warp instantly). This is a good skill to have for nullsec as well, at least for when you die outside of a bubble.

Thrasophius posted:

Looks like I'm shelving the rifter for a bit then. How is the new punisher since the mass change? In all honesty I've never really bothered to fly it so wondering how it compares now.
It gets a bit more speed and agility with a plate and/or prop mod, and can now fit a 400mm plate, decent guns, and a neut/nos without fitting rigs or implants. Of course it still has the problem of not being able to effectively engage anything that kites beyond 12-13km, but it'll significantly out-tank any non-faction frigate that it can get in range.
This is what I came up with in 5 minutes, but I'm sure there are better fittings:
code:
[Punisher, AB Neut]
400mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Damage Control II
Adaptive Nano Plating II

Experimental 1MN Afterburner I
Warp Scrambler II

Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Scorch S
Small Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Small Energy Burst Aerator I
Small Energy Collision Accelerator I
[empty rig slot]
1km/s, 7300 EHP, 115dps @ 12km. Still needs AWU V for two gun rigs; substitute two armor rigs for one of them otherwise. It's alright, but I guess I'm underwhelmed considering how much it looked to have improved.

Bagu
Mar 20, 2006

If I fly out to an incursion with a 1500 DPS Rokh, will I want to claw my eyes out at the newbies with meta 4 guns? Also, are pimp fits a bad idea?

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

mikey posted:

You shouldn't ever lose your pod in lowsec unless you disconnect or something. When you're about to die, click on a gate and start spamming the warp button during your transition to a pod, and you'll warp before you can be targeted (it takes everything in the game at least 1s to lock a pod, and they technically warp instantly). This is a good skill to have for nullsec as well, at least for when you die outside of a bubble.

Good advice, but don't ever warp directly to a gate or a station after combat - warp to a celestial, and keep bouncing between moons, belts and planets until your aggression timer wears off. Set up an overview with asteroid belts and moons only that you can switch to when you're about to lose your ship.

Majikjon posted:

You can set a jump clone to the school station you first started out in. p.s. join Goonwaffe today (just remember to read the op)

Angela Christine posted:

I scan down occupied sites in my Astero and ransom the explorers. :getin:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

PerrineClostermann posted:

I'm now imagining how creepy it would be to have a space hanger collection of dead space people.

I scammed a mining publord a few years ago that had an Obelisk in a random lowsec station named "Bodybus" with like 400 corpses in it

Kjep64
Oct 3, 2013

Coffee. Cigarettes. Beer. Kimchi. Ingest.

PerrineClostermann posted:

I'm now imagining how creepy it would be to have a space hanger collection of dead space people.

Mine's in Jita 4-4. Hundreds of dead space people to help me buy and sell things.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Good advice, but don't ever warp directly to a gate or a station after combat - warp to a celestial, and keep bouncing between moons, belts and planets until your aggression timer wears off. Set up an overview with asteroid belts and moons only that you can switch to when you're about to lose your ship.

Oh, whoops, somehow I forgot about aggression timers. Yeah, your best bet is to warp to a belt at 50km or something, make a half-dozen bookmarks while in warp, and then warp between those until your timer is up. It's still 60s, right?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bagu posted:

If I fly out to an incursion with a 1500 DPS Rokh, will I want to claw my eyes out at the newbies with meta 4 guns? Also, are pimp fits a bad idea?

Not particularly, as even with meta 4 guns you can get good clear times. Pimp fits are subject to the "Don't fly it if you can't buy it" rule. Intel in incursion zones is limited to approximately one jump out, so you may very well lose your ship. It is entirely up to you how much isk you put on the table to risk.

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

Majikjon posted:

You should not get podded in lowsec. As soon as you realize you are about to be blown up, align to a celestial and spam warp. Your pod should warp immediately after your ship is destroyed. Keep an overview tab with the celestials ready and unless you screw it your pod wil live.

And remember this is not usually useful in nullsec. If you are inside a bubble your pod will probably die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

orange juche posted:

Not particularly, as even with meta 4 guns you can get good clear times. Pimp fits are subject to the "Don't fly it if you can't buy it" rule. Intel in incursion zones is limited to approximately one jump out, so you may very well lose your ship. It is entirely up to you how much isk you put on the table to risk.

Yeah, currently our defence against getting ganked is 'not running incursions that aren't reasonably deep in blue space' and the fact that an incursion fleet is inherently reasonably safe from random gankers by virtue of a) being in an incursion and b) being a gang of omnitanked BS with logistics support.

• Locked thread