Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE

gromdul posted:

There is one free open slot in AgentsOfGOON! To qualify for this coveted spot, you must make a piece of MPQ fan art! The best, most terrible art wins, as judged by your fellow forums members. Which could have been reasoned out if you had read the last page or so.

Where's my huge-breasted Storms?! Wolverine with dick-claws? Get to work!

I saw that but I have 0 artistic or creative talent so I figured I would enjoy other people's works for that spot and hope there's another large alliance with a spot instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

houseofmangle
May 18, 2011
I'll bow out for someone else, there's always more goons.

Moon Man
Mar 31, 2006

The Moon, for Christ's Sake
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Modern Thor is stupid. Whats the point in having the exact same character with a higher level? I already have a level 80 Thor, I'm not gonna pump into another one. Would it be stupid to sell the modern Thor covers I have?

I also read from this thread that Invisible Woman isn't that great. Should I sell her too?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Verno5x posted:

I saw that but I have 0 artistic or creative talent so I figured I would enjoy other people's works for that spot and hope there's another large alliance with a spot instead.

That's what we're looking for. Besides if you are the only one who draws something, then you win by default.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Moon Man posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Modern Thor is stupid. Whats the point in having the exact same character with a higher level? I already have a level 80 Thor, I'm not gonna pump into another one. Would it be stupid to sell the modern Thor covers I have?

I also read from this thread that Invisible Woman isn't that great. Should I sell her too?

Yeah it's probably a bad idea since D3 are fond of putting submissions that can only be played with new characters into their events. It's not crippling, but I know that even having a 1 cover rare makes certain events easier in that I have access to better reward missions. It means I dont have to grind out several missions when I can play just 1.

Invisible Woman got buffed awhile back so she isnt useless, but is mostly unknown due to her rarity. Invisible Woman is actually RIDICULOUS if you've got the yellow invisibility power, as many people found out during the Simulator. When active, it shields the weakest team member AND anyone behind them, due to a selection bug. Also, if she's the last person standing, she's shielded from all damage and can pretty much attack with impunity if the shield is stuck in a stupid spot, while her force bubbles, while requiring covers to power up and a bit of setup, generates more AP to keep throwing out those stupid powers, so she's pretty much a 4* Storm Modern.

The main issue with her is how rare the covers are.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Moon Man posted:

Would it be stupid to sell the modern Thor covers I have?

If you don't have the space then it's a convenience call. If they're already in your roster you may as well keep them. You probably should hold onto Modern Thor, even unlevelled, for at least a month or so because they like closing off some PvE missions to people without their newest addition - like in the current Heroic Juggernaut there's two missions you can only do if you have at least one Modern Thor cover. In The Hunt event there were three or four missions you couldn't do without Invisible Woman, but that was shortly after she was released and will probably be updated should they use the event again.

Your HP should pretty much be used exclusively to buy a slot in an alliance and to buy cover slots because having one of everything opens up more opportunities than the small 250/500 ISO boost from ditching a cover you don't want to level.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Verno5x posted:

Make something! I wanna see bad things!

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

SynthOrange posted:

Invisible Woman got buffed awhile back so she isnt useless, but is mostly unknown due to her rarity. Invisible Woman is actually RIDICULOUS if you've got the yellow invisibility power, as many people found out during the Simulator. When active, it shields the weakest team member AND anyone behind them, due to a selection bug. Also, if she's the last person standing, she's shielded from all damage and can pretty much attack with impunity if the shield is stuck in a stupid spot, while her force bubbles, while requiring covers to power up and a bit of setup, generates more AP to keep throwing out those stupid powers, so she's pretty much a 4* Storm Modern.

The main issue with her is how rare the covers are.

She was super annoying to face in that PvE event as well because she was paired with mooks who feed her ap for her powers. I found her force bubbles to be more annoying than her invisibility though as they stopped you from making matches you wanted. At least you could hit her with area powers when invisible and c.storm was boosted so her blue did over 2k damage.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Seventh in Juggernaut, doubled my Thor covers. I hope to hell he's still boosted for round two.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Hey Scraps, where are those Hawkeye panels you keep posting from?

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
With less than a minute to go showing in the Juggs event I was at #9, but I just got Top 20 prizes. gently caress. :ssj:

edit: Everybody in the top 15 had over 25k points. My special token was a loving modern Hawkeye. rear end.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Arschlochkind posted:

With less than a minute to go showing in the Juggs event I was at #9, but I just got Top 20 prizes. gently caress. :ssj:

edit: Everybody in the top 15 had over 25k points. My special token was a loving modern Hawkeye. rear end.
I got a Now! Thor. The game laughs.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
I really wish they would implement reward sharing within the alliance instead of just facebook. All of a sudden I seem to be getting more shared rewards and I have nobody on facebook who plays.

I don't really like friending people I don't know just for a game, and I can't be bothered making a facebook page just for a game either.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

That's how I like to end a match.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Friendly Fire posted:

I really wish they would implement reward sharing within the alliance instead of just facebook. All of a sudden I seem to be getting more shared rewards and I have nobody on facebook who plays.

I don't really like friending people I don't know just for a game, and I can't be bothered making a facebook page just for a game either.

Not particularly worth it these days anyway. It helps a little, but it's nothing like the game-breaker it used to be before all the rewards got nerfed.

Moon Man
Mar 31, 2006

The Moon, for Christ's Sake
Why does everyone hate Modern Hawkeye so much? I think he works as a great backup for when Classic Storm is in recovery. He works well with most of my teams, but that's usually because I can't seem to find more people with high strength Pink tiles.

I have a lot of people that can use black well, but I can't find any goddamn covers! Is this a common problem for any of you? I have Yellow and Red strength out the wazoo, but I have practically no Pink or Black.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Moon Man posted:

Why does everyone hate Modern Hawkeye so much? I think he works as a great backup for when Classic Storm is in recovery. He works well with most of my teams, but that's usually because I can't seem to find more people with high strength Pink tiles.

I have a lot of people that can use black well, but I can't find any goddamn covers! Is this a common problem for any of you? I have Yellow and Red strength out the wazoo, but I have practically no Pink or Black.

Countdowns are kinda unwieldy. If you want to stun some idiot then you have to be attacking him when the countdown tile goes off. And, of course, they can be destroyed. I mean, he's not awful or anything like that but, when my classic storm is low in health, I just go heal her up.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That and it seems like everyone gets one specific two-star cover out of Thor, Captain America, and Hawkeye that they notice getting much more commonly than any other.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
My problem with Hawkeye Modern is his countdown abilities are all back-loaded. Compare to Captain America (who I swear by, and is my highest level dude) or Ares, who have front-loaded abilities. Those countdown tiles are going to be destroyed, either by yourself getting careless or unlucky, or the CPU targeting them. If one of Hawkeye's tiles get destroyed, you get NOTHING for that AP.

Ares' countdown is great. It does a bunch of damage up front, and you get rewarded with health back if you manage to keep your counter alive. (And more damage!) It has a serious drawback -- you lose HP, but the randomness is you might be rewarded by getting it back.

Captain America's two countdowns are even better. SSA is not much damage at all, but when its countdown ends, you basically get the ability refunded and can do it again. His stun is underwhelming as stuns go, but, again, refunds itself. But if you get over 20 blue at a time, you can keep one character locked down indefinitely by staggering your stuns. That's the two abilities at the most basic level. Kicking it up a notch, you can place where the two types of tiles go. And they can go anywhere. Which means you can override nasty tokens you want nothing to do with, and you can cause nasty cascades if you know what you're doing. Normally SSA refunds... 9? AP I think? Well, if you want to do like, 1500 damage instead of 500, drop it to make a critical tile. You turn it into a nuke -not quite as damaging- as Wolverine's, but because you made a match, you refund back anywhere upward from four of your red. So you can still get another attack up and running quickly.

Hawkeye's countdowns, on the other end, are placed before he attacks, which is bad, and they're placed loving randomly which is even worse. Hawkeye decides to place it so he gives your opponent an easy match? gently caress you. You wasted your AP. Hawkeye fighting a Ragnarok? You KNOW that rear end in a top hat is going to toss out his tiles in the center two lines. Your opponent uses Moonstone? Don't even risk using Hawkeye because the one time his countdown will actually go off, it'll be the time she control-shifts it to her own team.

And then there's the cherry on top of the poo poo-sundae that is Hawkeye Modern: Avoid. What a loving bad ability. You can't even get Hawkeye to help take damage for other characters because he insists that he's more important to the team than everyone else.

This game is, essentially, Bejeweled. And the name of that game is "Board Control". Characters that control the board, the AP generation, the way your team takes damage, the way your team deals damage, are inherently better than those without control. Hawkeye Modern is the least controllable character in the game, which makes him really, really bad.

Jimmy Little Balls
Aug 23, 2009

gromdul posted:

There is one free open slot in AgentsOfGOON! To qualify for this coveted spot, you must make a piece of MPQ fan art! The best, most terrible art wins, as judged by your fellow forums members. Which could have been reasoned out if you had read the last page or so.

Where's my huge-breasted Storms?! Wolverine with dick-claws? Get to work!

probably :nws: if you can actually make out what it is supposed to be. http://i.imgur.com/mOMWROE.png?1

juggerdick bathing daken in isocum

Lagotto
Nov 22, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

3 goons have said they are willing to pay the 2000 HP slot cost to join AgentsOfGOON. There are only 2 slots left, one of which will get to freeload off of the 19th guy, obviously.

Lagotto asked first,
Gromdul next,
Houseofmangle last.

Are any of you ready to pay the 2000HP cost right now and are willing to let the next person freeload or will we need to hold some kind of drawing for the spots? I'm trying to be fair I just am not good at it!

Mweh, now I'!m sad, missed your post by two min.. I'm off to work so no time for fan art (no talent either), but have fun everybody!

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
Back to back heroic mode? Didn't suspect that.
Well, I was knocked down to top 400 in the last one while I slept, maybe I'll be able to do better this time around.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004

Veryslightlymad posted:

Captain America stuff

Yeah, Cap is my go to PVE guy when I'm playing on a level that isn't the desert or forest. Desert and forest get M.Storm Thor and OBW because once that chain starts, the AI doesn't tend to get another turn, or I have generated enough purple to strip all it's APs so it can't do anything anyway.

In PVP Cap isn't that hot though because by the time he has got his red and blue going, the match is usually already decided.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

Did someone ask for really terrible MPQ art?
Art is perhaps not the right word for this, but anyway.

I'm actually already in AgentsOfGOON but still wanted to contribute this.

Edit: I'm sure it'll probably need explaining because it looks so bad, but wolverine is sat on the floor

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Note to self: Stop getting in grudge matches with people ranked lower than me. It never ends well.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I ignore all fights worth less than 20 points as a rule. Especially ignore low point retaliation fights since you know the rear end in a top hat on the other end is active.

squirreltactic
Sep 17, 2003

matryx posted:

Edit: I'm sure it'll probably need explaining because it looks so bad, but wolverine is sat on the floor

But he could make 3 criticals in a row! That must be 4* Wolverine... because he's useless.

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
here's my entry

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

That is glorious. The nipple tassles. The little spider on a thread. :allears:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Disturbingly large censor panel for the Juggerpenis.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Adds new meaning to the "Here comes the Juggernaut!" voice clip from Marvel Heroes.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Poor Juggernaut. He just wants to pick up the quest from Bag Man. Stop playing hard to get, Spidey.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
My only gripe is Bagman missing the "kick me" sign. I feel that it's an integral part of the character :colbert:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

matryx posted:

*But I can't make a match, bub!

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Huh. New heroic ain't fuckin' around. The opening versions were the same as the closing versions last round and they're only goin' up.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 18, 2014

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why is this poo poo called juggernaut heroic? It should be called Lieutenant & Daken BFFs heroic.

gently caress that pair. gently caress em.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
All my eligible characters are around level 30 for the Heroic. Except Storm, but I'm using her for the PVP tournament. Without powered up heroes, there isn't much point for me to try very hard. Once every few hours I can do a level to try to score the 250 iso reward. That usually ends with two dead heroes. :v:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
In honor of the Juggerdongs we've been seeing, how about we make the end of Juggernaut heroic the cut off date for ms-paint entries? Also Juggerdongs may or may not be the theme now, god help us.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Round 2 starts, it's the exact same levels as the end of Round 1

I'm loving done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, Heroic mode events are usually a skip for me. Boring and hard as hell. The Simulator was probably the best designed event of late from my view anyway, followed up by the Brotherhood. Heroic mode is just painful and Hulk was a slog by comparison.