Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Yeah, Gigi has specifically mentioned that no one has given Cosmo's gender in-comic. They're a mystery~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Waffleman_ posted:

Ever wanted to hear CuQue characters curse? Then these hilarious outtakes are for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAK2sChRA_8

Super Saiyan Tomato is hands down my favorite part of that video. It's just so perfect.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

These guys

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That new header :kimchi:

We're gonna have Parfait adventures and I love it.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Aw, they really miss Bacon. :3:

They need the little punching bag for their group, or else it doesn't work.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Oh yeah I'm totally down for Parfait's ultra-french escape adventures :woop:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Pyroi posted:

Aw, they really miss Bacon. :3:

They need the little punching bag for their group, or else it doesn't work.

Without Bacon's comical ineptitude and bungling around for a distraction, Tomato's own incompetence is all the more glaring.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Mar 18, 2014

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

He made a Cucumber sockpuppet to practice with.

That's hilarious.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

I really couldn't not when I saw the new header.

Can't wait for the continued comical misadventures of the BLTrio "Bland Salad."

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

That sock puppet looks like Coach McGuirk.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
"Bland Salad" made me laugh more than it should have. Seriously though guys, that's terrible. Hire a temp or something, maybe a tiny guy named Crouton?

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Waffleman_ posted:

That new header :kimchi:

We're gonna have Parfait adventures and I love it.

Sudden memories of the Peach sections in Thousand Year Door. This should be incredibly fun.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Tupperwarez posted:

"Bland Salad" made me laugh more than it should have. Seriously though guys, that's terrible. Hire a temp or something, maybe a tiny guy named Crouton?

I'm pushing for Lettuce to realize that, without Bacon around to make him look good by comparison, Tomato is actually kind of a giant pathetic dweeb and going off to live her own life. Tomato shops around for other people that go well with tomatoes, but eventually he realizes the sock puppet is his only friend and he sinks into a deep depression. Right around the point where they're taking on Disaster Master number 5, Tomato hits rock bottom and leaves the palace for good in the hopes of building something from the shattered remains of a life that peaked in high school.

In the epilogue we discover that he's found happiness putting on creepy puppet shows for children. And by "children" I mean pigeons, frogs, and small rocks of a lethargic disposition.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
The sock puppet indicates an unhealthy obsession with Cucumber’s party. Maybe he’ll stick around the castle even after Lettuce abandons him, then lose all sense of self worth after he gets beat up by Almond or something.

Popo posted:

Sudden memories of the Peach sections in Thousand Year Door. This should be incredibly fun.

I'm looking forward to some really creepy scenes between the power symbol guy and Parfait! :toot:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Third Murderer posted:

The sock puppet indicates an unhealthy obsession with Cucumber

Well yeah it is the third thing you need to make a decent basic salad

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

It's time to go bake a cake for a fat guy. Or maybe I'm one chapter ahead of myself.

Third Murderer posted:

I'm looking forward to some really creepy scenes between the power symbol guy and Parfait! :toot:

Gigi reeeeally doesn't like those scenes as far as I'm aware and it'd be pretty hilarious if that got a nod at some point.

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

Rumda posted:

Well yeah it is the third thing you need to make a decent basic salad

They're going to need to find oil and vinegar.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

After Lettuce ditches tomato's sad sack self he ends up teaming up with some dude named mozzarella to form Team lovely Caprese

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Color Printer posted:

It's time to go bake a cake for a fat guy. Or maybe I'm one chapter ahead of myself.

Gigi reeeeally doesn't like those scenes as far as I'm aware and it'd be pretty hilarious if that got a nod at some point.
Bonus points if it cuts to "And then that happened. Moving on."

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

ConanThe3rd posted:

Bonus points if it cuts to "And then that happened. Moving on."

Nega-points. Anti-points

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
I could do without creepy computers "discovering the meaning of love" or whatever the hell was going on in those parts. Parfait adventures sound great though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Maybe we can have one that's a bit more like the Peach scenes in the original Paper Mario. That was actually a lot more... not-awful.

Which is saying a lot, considering she's basically a complete damsel the whole first game.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!

The Leper Colon V posted:

Maybe we can have one that's a bit more like the Peach scenes in the original Paper Mario. That was actually a lot more... not-awful.

Which is saying a lot, considering she's basically a complete damsel the whole first game.

If Gigi recreates the joy of being able to bake a cake full of "cleanser" I will have no regrets.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

If Gigi recreates the joy of being able to bake a cake full of "cleanser" I will have no regrets.
Mario is really weak to mushrooms and super soda! No, really!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

mr. stefan posted:

After Lettuce ditches tomato's sad sack self he ends up teaming up with some dude named mozzarella to form Team lovely Caprese

Mozzarella, Olive Oil and Tomato?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

rotinaj posted:

Don't forget their butler, Basil!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

rotinaj posted:

Finding a team name would be moot.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

rotinaj posted:

Tomato is already vaguely Bluto-ish so all we'd need is for Mozzarella to be a nutrition-obsessed sailor with a weird accent and boom, reference secured.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Not entirely CQ related, but Erin Fitzgerald, the voice actress of Chie in Persona 4 Arena/Golden, posted this on Tumblr. That's her and Yuri Lowenthal, who did Yosuke in Arena. :allears:

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Reminds me of the gem that they dropped in Persona 4 Golden:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2063311638/lets-destroy-the-patriots

Look at this bullshit.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:catstare:

I like how when questioned about whether or not they have Gigi's permission for this project, the guy completely evaded answering.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I don't understand why someone who was a fan of her old work would think making a really forced and unfunny imitation of them is a good idea, or that it requires $2000+. Or why the hell they're acting like they spoke to her about it and she gave them the okay, when at the same time she's tweeting that she doesn't approve.
:psyduck:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I like how this guy is trying to monetize both off of a property he didn't create while ripping off the artstyle and writing style of an artist talented beyond his means.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

This is honestly kind of creepy. The fact that he refuses to say that they actually got Gigi's permission or not, and I'm guessing her answer was not necessarily yes because he does say "Gigi's concerns that we would come across as copycats", makes it sound like, if anything, she gave them a nebulously disapproving answer and they went ahead with the project anyway. It may not be legally copying her work but they're going to be plastering her name all over it and she may not want that either.

Gruckles posted:

I don't understand why someone who was a fan of her old work would think making a really forced and unfunny imitation of them is a good idea, or that it requires $2000+. Or why the hell they're acting like they spoke to her about it and she gave them the okay, when at the same time she's tweeting that she doesn't approve.
:psyduck:

I hadn't seen that she was talking about it on Twitter. Yeah this is way creepy and inappropriate.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Looks like she's seen it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Honestly, I would have thought someone would try to resurrect the P4 comic before the Metal Gear comics.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.
That Kickstarter gets grosser and grosser the longer I look at it. I hope it gets taken down, I mean do you really need $2000 to fund your terrible parody of a game that's over half a decade old?

Oh well at least someone's calling them out in the comments section. Saves me a buck.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Honestly, I would have thought someone would try to resurrect the P4 comic before the Metal Gear comics.

I've actually seen some people on deviantart just go ahead and do that themselves, making new pages for P4, or redrawing the existing ones slightly to be about P3 instead. Which makes this kickstarter thing look even sleazier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
I think the weirdest part is that they're selling it on her work and name but it won't be her pictures. Fuckin shady.