Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

WEEDLORDBONERHEGEL posted:

more like i'm orthodown

to party

good.

as good as millions of orthodox belugas, cumming simultaneously, while measuring their bmi and eating butterflies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
every ladygoon is beautiful

and furthermore:

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
176cm, BMI: Beluga

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Avshalom posted:

it is going to make such a difference, you can't even imagine it from your current perspective but hopefully in a few months you'll look back and be amazed by how much better things are :glomp:

also this may sound weird but i think every single category of antidepressant is represented in this thread so no matter what they prescribe for you, some ladygoon will probably be your med buddy

Cymbalta /duloxetine Pretty sure its fairly common.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Nothing for sleep? Ack.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Al Borland posted:

Cymbalta /duloxetine Pretty sure its fairly common.
I'M YOUR MED BUDDY :neckbeard:

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Stripes! :buddy:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

...poo poo wait no

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Okapis and Tapirs are my favorite. I have been reading the Health Stories thread backwards for a while. I am 5'4" and 150. Or 160 cm and 68Kilos. Or 1.6 meters and 10.7 stone. I like that one.

Ninja: Also, I am trying a new perfume today. It is Lancome "La Vie Est Beau or Belle or something." I do not like it.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
haha! poopkitty smells!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Avshalom posted:

I'M YOUR MED BUDDY :neckbeard:

What do we win?
E: does this explain why you get drunk so fast? Am I not going to be able to drink that much anymore :o:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I am so weird about sharing my weight online that my private myfitnesspal account doesn't use my real name, email address, or online aliases - I used the weird abbreviation my university assigned me.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Al Borland posted:

What do we win?
wellbeing :unsmith:

seriously though, the first thing you need to know is that if the first med doesn't work, keep at it and make sure they explore others as well. i was on prozac at first and it made me feel like absolutely poo poo (also still depressed), but then switched to cymbalta and it was a goddamn miracle pill. there's a million types of antidepressants, not all of them work for everybody, but eventually they'll find the one that does work and you'll never look back

quote:

E: does this explain why you get drunk so fast? Am I not going to be able to drink that much anymore :o:
lol i've explained this so many times you people don't even listen to me :qq:

but yes, mixing cymbalta and alcohol is a bad idea. not everybody is affected the same way of course, but there's a good chance you'll end up like me - paralytic after like, two glasses

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
on the plus side you'll always be the life of the party!

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

poopkitty posted:

Ninja: Also, I am trying a new perfume today.

Oh oh oh I love perfume like the rest of the thread loves lipstick and nail polish. The latest one I've gotten is Bulgari Omnia Crystalline. It smells kind of minty and cedary yet neither of those are in the description.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Avshalom posted:

wellbeing :unsmith:

seriously though, the first thing you need to know is that if the first med doesn't work, keep at it and make sure they explore others as well. i was on prozac at first and it made me feel like absolutely poo poo (also still depressed), but then switched to cymbalta and it was a goddamn miracle pill. there's a million types of antidepressants, not all of them work for everybody, but eventually they'll find the one that does work and you'll never look back

lol i've explained this so many times you people don't even listen to me :qq:

but yes, mixing cymbalta and alcohol is a bad idea. not everybody is affected the same way of course, but there's a good chance you'll end up like me - paralytic after like, two glasses

Yeah the doctor said it may take a few weeks to get working. They're starting me on 30mg for the first few days then 60mg if i feel comfortable increasing my dosage. Either way I'm really looking forward to getting my life back on trap. It has been forever since I've been actually excited about something.

E:

I better get some sleep night!

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I found a nice place near me that does custom scents for like $16, so while my sage tea rose is awesome beyond all reason, I'm going to go get a new scent blended for spring and I'm super excited.

poor al, I hope things go well, you were super nice to be when I joined sfd.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

If you like rose scented things try L'eau de Chloe.

If anyone has Anne Klein II (not plain Anne Klein, ugh) lying around and you hate it I will be happy to take it off your hands this is the best perfume ev-errrr and they stopped making it like in 1997.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Thora posted:

If you like rose scented things try L'eau de Chloe.

If you like rose scented things get essential oils. Perfumes are too mixed and you'll never get the scent you're looking for.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

:colbert: I beg to differ. I don't like one note things it's all UNF LOOK AT ME I AM ROSE. But L'eau is like 'hey, roses and soft smelling things over here yes come here my lovelies come yesssss'

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Thora posted:

:colbert: I beg to differ. I don't like one note things it's all UNF LOOK AT ME I AM ROSE. But L'eau is like 'hey, roses and soft smelling things over here yes come here my lovelies come yesssss'

Well that's why you get a custom essential oil thing done. I'm just saying I've never found a perfume that smelled like real roses in my life, but I've found plenty of essential oils, which if you don't just smear them everwhere do quite nice.

oh god I just wanted to join the lady thread and I started a perfume fight.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Best smelling fight, ever.

Also, heliotrope oil :huh:

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

I had a dream last night about going on a train that ended up driving over roads as a bus. We ended up at some museum with poor security and they had these cute plush snakes that you could win from some trivia contest, or just buy. At some point outside everyone had to pee so went to pee in the bushes, and one girl just pissed straight down with rocket force and it sprayed everywhere all over my back and i got annoyed. I did not wet the bed, despite peeing in the dream. I'm glad to discover it doesn't work that way after all.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Tempus Fugit posted:

If you're a cool, chill-music listening person, you should know that Tycho's new album drops tomorrow and you should buy it.
link and samples

Although it's not new I spent most of tonight listening to the Dive album over and over and over again zomg sooo good. I will get around to the new stuff. Eventually. I promise.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

I can't find my Pokemon X cartridge or my DS charger :( and I'm still super hungover. I wanna play my gaaaaaame

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Al Borland posted:

What do we win?

bugge

Enfys fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 19, 2014

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

getting people to cut back on caffeine is scary

Enfys fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 19, 2014

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

That is my oversharing sadbrains story and I probably will delete this later and put in a picture of a bird or something. Edit: Too lazy to find a bird picture, use your imagination.

Enfys posted:

getting people to cut back on caffeine is scary.

I have had people become scary-mad at me when I advise them of the campus's policy on e-cigarettes. I'm not even taking your nicotine away, I am offering you three other ways in which to get it but this is not good enough.

Thora fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 18, 2014

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Jesus can we not just be drunk ladies. Why is this so hard.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
Yeah ladies, behave

Behaaaaave

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Jesus can we not just be drunk ladies. Why is this so hard.

I can't parse the tone here, are you in support of drunk ladies or not

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

I missed a Thora story while heating my lunch :(

Also cross posting just for Avs:

Borden posted:

You know which dogs are great? Mongolian Mastiffs. They're about the size of a bear, and they are so friendly.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Enfys posted:

I missed a Thora story while heating my lunch :(

Sorry :( I overshared about my life and times and (prescription) drugs during the sadbrains years and didn't feel comfortable leaving it up. I appreciate your interest though :)

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Probably for the best.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Which part did you like best, the part where I took hostages or the part where I robbed a 7-11?

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Thora posted:

Which part did you like best, the part where I took hostages or the part where I robbed a 7-11?

I liked the part where George Bush senior turned up. Who knew he still had that kind of stamina.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
You could've included less details about how veiny and purple his manhood was.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

I finally got the Secret Service to leave me alone, I'm not going to poke the proverbial bear with making such sensitive details public.

One word: girthy.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

I miss the best stories :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Shannonmcn posted:

I can't parse the tone here, are you in support of drunk ladies or not