Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

No, he wasn't so bad this week. There's another episode where interacts relatively normally with the rest of the department and is pretty OK as well. It's just the times where him being annoying and abrasive is the entire joke where the whole thing flops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

PittTheElder posted:

No, he wasn't so bad this week. There's another episode where interacts relatively normally with the rest of the department and is pretty OK as well. It's just the times where him being annoying and abrasive is the entire joke where the whole thing flops.

Yea, for instance he was the worst part about the episode where Andy becomes a childrens performer

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

I thought Craig was fine this episode. I don't recall him yelling much. I think it would be fun to see one flashback episode to see what the Eagleton Parks office was like.

He had that one line that was allllmost spoken like a real human and I was thinking, "Oh wow, maybe they're finding this character's heart." Then in the last couple words it turned into a scream and he made some horrible gay stereotype joke. So, NOPE.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Macaluso posted:

Andy is the best. I can't believe the show started with him being a character that was so unlikable.
I think Chris Pratt has been absolutely killing it this season, even more so than usual. Too bad he missed a decent chunk filming that movie.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

It's really weird to watch season one episodes and think that Chris Pratt wound up being the breakout star of the show.

I guess Andy finally pulled one over on Mark. :3:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

FadingChord posted:

It's really weird to watch season one episodes and think that Chris Pratt wound up being the breakout star of the show.

I guess Andy finally pulled one over on Mark. :3:

Actually, bringing that up I think it gave a lot of visibility to most of the cast members. I mean, Amy had SNL but Aziz was only on Human Giant prior to it, Adam Scott had Party Down but they weren't stores. I think pretty much everyone except Retta and Jim Heir got something out of it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
So, Parks and Rec got renewed for a seventh season. Officially this time.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nbc-renews-chicago-fire-chicago-689804

Pakled fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Mar 20, 2014

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Pakled posted:

So, Parks and Rec got renewed for a seventh season. Officially this time.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nbc-renews-chicago-fire-chicago-689804

This is literally the best news I've heard all day.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Ugh. Let me know when they take it out back and shoot it so I can pay attention to it's final hours.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

PriorMarcus posted:

Ugh. Let me know when they take it out back and shoot it so I can pay attention to it's final hours.

I agree completely. Even this season feels like its run out of steam. I have no idea how they manage another season.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I love this show and I don't think it's run out of steam at all. Bring on season seven!

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

It's been a really inconsistent show and the last couple episodes haven't really done it for me as a whole, but they've still got a pretty good hold on who the characters are and at this point it's nice to just spend more time with these guys. Plus "Ann & Chris" showed that they can still pull a great episode off from time to time.

I don't want Parks and Rec to go on forever, but I'm definitely still willing to tune in every week and I'm looking forward to another season.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
P&R is still good so this is fine by me. That said, a little more direction to Leslie's character arc would be appreciated. Either have her move on from Pawnee or have the town change to embrace her.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

30 Rock turned things around after a lovely directionless season so I wouldn't completely write P&R off just yet, but if they just release another season of this yeah just pull the trigger.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Short of, I don't know, Leslie going into the private sector I don't know what else they could do with her. She's not going to run for city council again.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Short of, I don't know, Leslie going into the private sector I don't know what else they could do with her. She's not going to run for city council again.

Season 7's actually going to take place after Zorp finally shows up, Leslie ends up in charge of making sure everybody gets their faces melted off by his volcano mouth in an orderly fashion.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

thexerox123 posted:

Season 7's actually going to take place after Zorp finally shows up, Leslie ends up in charge of making sure everybody gets their faces melted off by his volcano mouth in an orderly fashion.

I will officially be disappointed by any season 7 that doesn't end with Leslie as the president of the post-apocalyptic remains of humanity.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Leslie and Ben find out they're going to be parents. Maybe Andy and April too.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Parks and Recreation Babies

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

thexerox123 posted:

I thought they said they'd only show Zorp if Brian Doyle-Murray agreed to play him.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

April starts to do something but then doesn't.

Ron is challenged by being a libertarian and also a husband and father.

Tom opens a business.

Andy gets a heart-warming new job.

Someone clashes with Donna over her confrontational, headstrong personality.

I'm available for freelance and staff commission NBC!!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm okay with a 7th season but it needs to be a 7th and final season and they should know it's final up front.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

S7E1 (The Divide): An earthquake causes a massive rift in the ground to open between Pawnee and Eagleton. Leslie arranges a community effort to rescue survivors, but Pawnee is uncooperative. Ron begins constructing a bridge. Andy gets a job at Tom's restaurant.

S7E2 (Unification Bridge): Ron is frustrated when Sweetums builds a bridge of Nutri-Yums bars across the gorge. Leslie must choose between supporting her friend's bridge or helping the town rebuild. Larry is wounded by a creature from inside the rift, leaving Craig to take over in his absence.

S7E3 (Animal Control): Due to budget cuts, the Parks department must take on the task of exterminating the possum-like creatures pouring by the millions out of the gorge. April befriends one of the eternally-burning skeletons that lives in the crack. Tom's restaurant faces health inspection.

S7E4 (Lucy Returns): Leslie and Ben argue over whether to abandon Eagleton to the creatures or mount a rescue from Pawnee's one surviving helicopter. When Lucy returns, she and Tom elope, causing Leslie and Ben to realize what's really important: friendship.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

A Steampunk Gent posted:

April starts to do something but then doesn't.

Ron is challenged by being a libertarian and also a husband and father.

Tom opens a business.

Andy gets a heart-warming new job.

Someone clashes with Donna over her confrontational, headstrong personality.

I'm available for freelance and staff commission NBC!!

April is still managing the Animal Control department. :colbert:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

S7E1 (The Divide): An earthquake causes a massive rift in the ground to open between Pawnee and Eagleton. Leslie arranges a community effort to rescue survivors, but Pawnee is uncooperative. Ron begins constructing a bridge. Andy gets a job at Tom's restaurant.

S7E2 (Unification Bridge): Ron is frustrated when Sweetums builds a bridge of Nutri-Yums bars across the gorge. Leslie must choose between supporting her friend's bridge or helping the town rebuild. Larry is wounded by a creature from inside the rift, leaving Craig to take over in his absence.

S7E3 (Animal Control): Due to budget cuts, the Parks department must take on the task of exterminating the possum-like creatures pouring by the millions out of the gorge. April befriends one of the eternally-burning skeletons that lives in the crack. Tom's restaurant faces health inspection.

S7E4 (Lucy Returns): Leslie and Ben argue over whether to abandon Eagleton to the creatures or mount a rescue from Pawnee's one surviving helicopter. When Lucy returns, she and Tom elope, causing Leslie and Ben to realize what's really important: friendship.

Okay no joke I would watch the hell out of this.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Okay no joke I would watch the hell out of this.
S7E5 (Queen Tammy) -- Leslie and Ron must work together to defeat Tammy 2, who now leads a roving band of librarian raiders. April and Andy begin squatting in Ann's old house. Larry considers Reasonablism.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

FactsAreUseless posted:

:golfclap:

That whole post is gold, but for some reason "Tom's restaurant faces health inspection" really got me.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

FactsAreUseless posted:

S7E5 (Consolidation): The wound Larry receives has turned him into a living conduit between worlds. Leslie ponders if the rift situation is enough to make her leave Pawnee. Andy introduces live music to the restaurant, including his own song "The Rift"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

The wound Larry receives has turned him into a living conduit between worlds.
Pretty sure this is the plot to Junji Ito's "Black Paradox."

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I would love it so hard if they just went with an insane post-apocalyptic Pawnee out of absolutely nowhere

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Poque posted:

I would love it so hard if they just went with an insane post-apocalyptic Pawnee out of absolutely nowhere
S7E6 (Citizens' Meeting): The creatures from the rift demand representation at Pawnee public forums. Leslie is forced to turn her latest park back into a pit due to their sudden political pull. Ron helps Tom with restaurant renovations.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful
Parks & Desecration

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

And of course, Jamm is in charge of . . . something? Feral People, maybe? The new Pope?

Isn't there a new ep tonight?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Davros1 posted:

And of course, Jamm is in charge of . . . something? Feral People, maybe? The new Pope?
Jamm has sealed all the doors and windows of his house and trades dental treatment for food and supplies.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Parks and Rec would be brilliant if it became Leslie and Friends deal with the consequences of a post apocalyptic nightmare in a wacky way.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Quandary posted:

Parks and Rec would be brilliant if it became Leslie and Friends deal with the consequences of a post apocalyptic nightmare in a wacky way.
S7E7 (The Signal): Leslie goes on a media blitz in hopes of reducing the number of suicide cults in Pawnee. While trying to pirate cable, Andy receives a broadcast from inside the rift. Jean-Ralphio tries to live in the kitchen at Tom's restaurant.

S7E8 (Wamapoke Cleanup): When rains of blood begin desecrating Wamapoke burial grounds, a Wamapoke ghost appears in the Parks department and demands they help clean it up. Ron volunteers, since the blood rain reminds him of his childhood. Larry and Donna bond over a shared love of Downton Abbey.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

You guys are going to make season 7 disappointing when only half of this happens.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
So much of this sounds like it's straight out of bizarre Parks & Rec / Welcome To Night Vale fanfiction.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Jaleel or No Deal sounds entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Leslie becoming pregnant would be insufferable.

Mona-Lisa better become the cannibal queen of Pawnee.

• Locked thread