Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Stick Insect posted:

In Transport Tycoon, an earlier game from the same creator, you could use a railroad crossing and good timing to cause your train to destroy the opponent's road vehicles. You could also create a traffic jam by blocking a railway crossing, and then have the line of trucks/buses come to a standstill on another railway crossing down the road. Your train would always survive collisions with road vehicles.

To mess with their trains, build your rail tracks connected to the opponent's network. Your trains would never move onto track you didn't own, but conveniently a train will stick out a little bit onto the next bit of track before it actually comes to a stop. This is all you needed to suicide your train into the opponent's.

The code that dealt with the signals didn't pay proper attention to who owned a bit of track and you could abuse this to make the opponent's signals permanently show red. One cheap train and a bit of track could bring a whole railway line to a permanent standstill.

Here's some pictures: http://george.zernebok.net/info/removeopponent.html

If I remember correctly the game would also treat any tile that had your railways on it as being yours, so you could build track over competitor roads to create a crossing and then sell it which would delete the road as well. I'd use this to trap buses in an infinite loop or trap them in a single tile then pile a train through it blowing them all up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Got another Madden glitch last night. I wish I found the save highlight option before this because it was truly :wtf:

RGIII drops back to pass in the shotgun formation. I'm rushing him from the front. He turns to his right to pass downfield and the ball is thrown to his left for a loss.

I honestly dont understand what happened. The animation shows he was throwing to the right. His body was positioned that way. Instead, the ball comes out like it's perfectly thrown to the left.

I had to replay that a few times before I was convinced it actually happened.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Wow cool what is it.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

That statue was the ultimate symbol of wealth alongside being able to afford a fireplace

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wow cool what is it.

Looks like Diablo 3 pathfinding. The guy is boxed in by the barbarian behind him, and the pathfinder is making GBS threads itself.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

I can't tell if he's trying to open the box or run past it.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Pneub posted:

I can't tell if he's trying to open the box or run past it.

It's pretty easy to replicate, just the AI loving up. This however

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Man, he really wants to catch that thing.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Astrobastard posted:

That's great, I can him him going "I AM A BATTLE DROID EEEEEAAAAAEEEEEEAAAAAAEEEEEEEAAAAAA" :allears:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Uh, Will? Are...are you okay? :ohdear:

Vaiyne
Sep 2, 2011

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

Man, they just pilum on.

Boooooooooooooo!

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm

Astrobastard posted:

That's not a glitch, that's just whirlwind after the most recent nerfing.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

I'm just going to walk forward swinging my arms like this... if you get in the way, it's your own fault!

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
So, I finally played Oblivion again for the first time in ages, after having restart the game a billion times.
I went into the ruins outside of the sewer and found my dog started doing the staircase samba.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Are you playing it on your phone or does Oblivion look worse than I remember?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Phlegmish posted:

Are you playing it on your phone or does Oblivion look worse than I remember?

I have it on low quality because my Laptop is a big baby.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
That should be a whole genre of let's play.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Astrobastard posted:

Is that a Monk? I think that's a Monk, in which case he's doing nothing wrong.

Angrykraut
Jul 23, 2004
I guess this was more of a graphics card issue, but it was trippy. Like Liberace designed Normandy beach for Day of Defeat Source.

http://imgur.com/4LCNf0V

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Angrykraut posted:

I guess this was more of a graphics card issue, but it was trippy. Like Liberace designed Normandy beach for Day of Defeat Source.

Looks more like a missing texture thing to me.
Speaking of which, when I first installed SI, I messed up somewhere because the meshes didn't get into the game.
After spending ten minutes swimming where an island should be, I looked up to see the khajiit lady swimming in circles ten feet above me orbiting the "WTF Your missing meshes".

When characters in the gamebryo engine that are swimming are suddenly shifted out of the water they'll swim in the air.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

"The gods know what you've done..."

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm
Missing game data? That's chump change! Here's the most baffling "missing file" issue in existence, courtesy of the "Game Dev Tycoon" ripoff Game Tycoon 1.5:

Of course, based on the reviews, that was probably a marketing decision.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Rujo King posted:

Missing game data? That's chump change! Here's the most baffling "missing file" issue in existence, courtesy of the "Game Dev Tycoon" ripoff Game Tycoon 1.5:

Of course, based on the reviews, that was probably a marketing decision.

Well yeah. The goal is to make a game. Get to it!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Tunicate posted:

Well yeah. The goal is to make a game. Get to it!

These meta indie games are going too far.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Angrykraut posted:

That's a common missing texture error. I got it in a few games when I temporarily had to go back to the terrible integrated graphics in this computer. However, E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy did something a little different.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Are you sure you haven't just stumbled on a secret? With that game, I wouldn't trust anything to be a glitch.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

This is literally the incredibly lovely title Game Tycoon, from 2006.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Another thing from Oblivion, while it might not be an actual glitch, I refuse to believe that they did this by choice:

For whatever reason, trying to use the beard shader causes your entire body from the neck down to zombify.
This is pretty much why any character with a beard in Oblivion (that isn't Shegorath) is wearing robes or armor.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

scarycave posted:

This is pretty much why any character with a beard in Oblivion (that isn't Shegorath) is wearing robes or armor.

Also this is very likely the reason they made Sheogorath his own race rather than building him off one of the existing races; to fix the bug on him.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

scarycave posted:

Another thing from Oblivion, while it might not be an actual glitch, I refuse to believe that they did this by choice:

For whatever reason, trying to use the beard shader causes your entire body from the neck down to zombify.

That's actually all hair. It's called the Robin William's shader.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

scarycave posted:

Were you trying to make Dave Grohl?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

m2pt5 posted:

Also this is very likely the reason they made Sheogorath his own race rather than building him off one of the existing races; to fix the bug on him.

The best thing about Shegorath's beard, is that its technically his tongue.
He's pretty much built from pieces of...imperials or high-elfs, don't remember, with his tongue node being the only new (modified) piece.
I really want to know why they went about making a middle-earth game without including an option for bad rear end beards.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I have an extremely unfunny glitch. I rented Lego marvel game for my son who is 6 and he can't play games very well. He gets stuck in the geometry of the world every few minutes and I have to restart the game for him every time.

ScotchDK
Aug 14, 2008

mmmh, smooth...
So in other words, your 6 year old did a better job at QA.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah I regret buying it because he loves playing it but I thought it was basically a babies game with moving lights but the puzzles are a little to advanced for him having never played any video games before. I basically just let him drive around town and mess with stuff and I do the missions at night to unlock everything.

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I work so my child may play.

Hello, good parent.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yeah I regret buying it because he loves playing it but I thought it was basically a babies game with moving lights but the puzzles are a little to advanced for him having never played any video games before. I basically just let him drive around town and mess with stuff and I do the missions at night to unlock everything play the game in secret when he's not around.

You aren't fooling anyone :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yeah I regret buying it because he loves playing it but I thought it was basically a babies game with moving lights but the puzzles are a little to advanced for him having never played any video games before. I basically just let him drive around town and mess with stuff and I do the missions at night to unlock everything.

That's really cool of you.

And also what Waldorf Sixpence said.