Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012
New comic: 'Urgh this comic loving sucks why didn't Onstad kill himself years ago, also he hates women'
No new comic: 'WHERE IS THE NEW COMIC STOP loving US ONSTAD, ALSO YOU HATE WOMEN'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
This thread goes back farther than anyone can imagine.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

projecthalaxy posted:

RIP Achewood
2001-2012,2013,2014,???

Chris Onstad posted:

Yeah, people have been saying this since like October 2, 2001. Come on, people. Achewood gets weird in the winter and happy in the summer. There is a trend.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
There is a New Strip out, as it is still about Penny some of you may not like it but I do. Neither the content or his way of delivery is groundbreaking but I think there is a lot of heart in this arc.

I miss Ray, though.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
Dogg on a hogg what the hell did Onstad's wife DO to him? Poor guy.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

And then the camera pulls back to reveal it's all words on a page, and that page is one of many in a novel that Ray has commissioned for Teodor, probably as a birthday gift or just for whatever.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Mar 18, 2014

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
The less armchair psychology in this thread the better (it can seriously be unreadable at times), and discussing artists' font of inspiration can be very fickle, but I don't see this as someone who's ex-wife put him through hell but just a Neurotic Sad Over-Thinking Person.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Teodor is spending half the strip imagining all the things that can go wrong, but then reminds himself that it's okay. If he were Roast Beef it would be the entire strip.

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
Odd that future-Teodor looks the same in this strip except for the part where he's selling the house, where he looks the same as he did in that older strip that showed all the characters lives (the one where he gets super fat, loses the weight then somehow is the first one to die.)

While this strip struck me as quite depressing (without getting into armchair psychology) it's true that Beef expressed similar thoughts while he was convincing himself to move in with/propose to Molly.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Hahaha that took, like, 3 weeks?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

grading essays nude posted:

Odd that future-Teodor looks the same in this strip except for the part where he's selling the house, where he looks the same as he did in that older strip that showed all the characters lives (the one where he gets super fat, loses the weight then somehow is the first one to die.)

This is Teodor's imagination. He doesn't expect to get fat. Which of course is why it will take him so long to do something about the weight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, the entire arc has been about Teodor overthinking everything and not just going with the flow and enjoying himself, with the irony being that what got him the courage to approach her in the first place was telling his brain to just shut the gently caress up and let things happen as they may.

I am more than ready to move on to something else by now though, either a different arc or some one-off strips.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
The blurb about loneliness was some good achewood though.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
It is literally important that I get drunk.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is that a West Wing reference or is the line about babies coming with hats from somewhere else?

:siren: edit: Six hours late with the sirens, let's try to keep some standards here people. :siren:

withak fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 18, 2014

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Haha it took him 3 weeks to make that.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
More likely it took him three weeks to get around to making that. He is, after all, an actual human being who has a life outside of attempting to entertain you.

Besides, that craft soda doesn't just brew itself.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

choobs posted:

More likely it took him three weeks to get around to making that. He is, after all, an actual human being who has a life outside of attempting to entertain you.

Well I hope the outside part's going okay, because the entertainment part isn't.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
This comic made my eyes glaze over and it wasn't really very entertaining. That is my opinion on this comic strip.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
lady-arms.com is the place to be

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Improbable Lobster posted:

lady-arms.com is the place to be

It's like: I wanna know, but I don't wanna know...

Edit: Maybe this Teodor story is Chris' way of saying "if I knew ahead of time it would eventually turn to poo poo, I would still do it."

Dodgeball fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 18, 2014

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
lady-arms.com appears to be up for grabs.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
It's a love letter to acceptance and resignation.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
In the birthday photo I thought for a moment that Teodor had gotten himself some sweet Ray-style robo-ears.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

In the 5th panel, is she holding the trumpet Lyle played with his cock?

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Shibawanko posted:

In the 5th panel, is she holding the trumpet Lyle played with his cock?

Not unless that trumpet ended up at Goodwill

(never ever ever play wind instruments from Goodwill)

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

How did she know her letter was going to be 11 pages long when she was in the middle of writing page 3?!

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

It was dated March 11 (when Chris started drawing that particular comic, maybe?)

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Is it bad that there's a part of me that hopes that Penny is really Nice Pete in a lady suit trying to get a feel for writing female characters in his romance novels? Because I really feel like that would be way better than this.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Nice Patricia.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

You know, if Onstad were to read that, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he scrapped whatever ending he had in mind for this arc and went with that.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
He'd probably read it, realize he can't do that now, scrap it, and have to come up with something lame to close out the arc. It's you guys speculatin' that ruins achewood and makes comics take weeks to do.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm hoping for an Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge/Jacob's Ladder thing

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Last panel is Philippe trying to hold up T as he struggles on the rope

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
This is the funniest strip in months.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Fallom posted:

I'm hoping for an Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge/Jacob's Ladder thing

T wakes up, gay-blown and bloody, in nice pete's van

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
New strip up! Two in one week?!

I predict that some people will find this funnier than some recent ones.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Apparently Chris's soda coworkers leave much to be desired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Is it me or has Teodor become completely insufferable? The other banter is classic Achewood, especially that first toilet bit, but the Ann Coulter line drags on too long and comes off just pretentious and nothing else.