Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Dez Orwell posted:

Almost done.

I feel you. I'm a Frost, a Rhino Prime, and 66 assorted other frame levels away from done. I remember the days back when I only had a handful of frames. Late game is a strange and repetitive beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I'm glad to see I'm not the only person that leaves completed items in the foundry until I need them. I've got 4 frames in there just waiting.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
I try to keep a bunch of stuff ready to go in case they drop an affinity booster on us like they did for this last event.
Most of that is crappy melee weapons.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

It also helps with limiting the number of inventory slots you need to buy. It will grow over time but this way you get to try a weapon and see if you actually like using it and can just sell it off when you're done if you hate the drat thing.

There are exceptions of course, I personally hate Hate but I can't bring myself to sell it because it was such a bitch to get :argh:

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
The game really needs a filter or something for Nightmare mode because even if it does brighten up my E Prime solo runs to have clueless newbies constantly appear and be instakilled by everything it doesn't really seem particularly fair to them that they get dumped into it.

(Also I'm too lazy/a jerk to set my thing to Solo)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It actually does since you can choose whether to play normal or nightmare, and you have to beat every node in a planet before you can even do nightmare on that planet. It's just pubbies being awful.

I still have no idea how I wind up with clueless rank 0s in my Saturn or Jupiter survivals wasting team space.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
Actually it dosen't, I've been dropped into Nightmare missions even before I've unlocked every node on a planet, it was kind of annoying until I got Valk and basically godmode them. :v:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Thing I Learned Today:

F6 makes a camera noise. It then saves a screenshot in C:\Users\[USER]\My Pictures\Warframe

(e: in .bmp format)

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
One time, Denzine did a thing:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Previously, we had a series of duels where the goal was to try and kill the spectators / innocent bystanders.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

I think they've hinted at Excal Prime and the other founder rewards coming back in some manner, though I have no idea how they would do so.

Huh, they're reneging on that already? Not surprised, it's bad for business, anyway.

How much should I sell Prime Weapon parts and BPs for? I've got leftover Latron bits.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
The Latron Prime with Eagle Eye is a very satisfying headshot machine. Zoom in from way out and just pop some heads. I still have the old Snipetron; I should plus it up for kicks.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Fourthmeal Fanboy posted:

My usual pistol method is to blast Iron Skin, open a door with weapon(s) drawn, and calmly walk down the hallway popping heads while bullets bounce off me, so this sounds fun! I'll check it out :).

Personally, I prefer the Vasto's look and feel, but the Magnus/Akmagnus are very much like the Vasto/Akvasto, only arguably a little better.

Also, do try the Marelok. Its relatively low accuracy (about as accurate as the akvasto/akmagnus) and high recoil does limit its headshot potential at long range, but it's a beast of gun and very fun to use. It's basically everything the Lex wanted to be but failed at, in terms of hitting hard at a steady pace. It's also literally a Mare's Leg in space, with a flip-cock animation and everything.

A Wastrel
Jan 17, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

I think they've hinted at Excal Prime and the other founder rewards coming back in some manner, though I have no idea how they would do so.

Yeah, make those players that spent $250 on a terrible pistol feel even worse when everyone else gets to have one.

(I forgot to upgrade my founders package to get Excalibur Prime though :smithicide:)

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
As an Excalibur Prime haver, I don't give a poo poo if they make it available again and I think anybody who does care is a stupid rear end in a top hat idiot baby. Any amount of "special status" that comes with it is negated by it being an Excalibur, anyway. I've never even used mine :shrug:.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Yeah Excal is kind of poops regardless of prime or not. It just doesn't live upto the newer frames at all.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Yeah, with birdframe getting both of his fun skills rolled into one easier to use skill there isn't really any reason to use him now. I'm hoping we get some sweeping balance changes to the garbage frames in the not-too-distant future, because they are kind of piling up at this point.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So kappa is supposed to be the oxium haven? I just did a run and didn't get a single bit of oxium :smith: in fact, my runs on mobile defenses have been lovely for oxium gathering.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

seiferguy posted:

So kappa is supposed to be the oxium haven? I just did a run and didn't get a single bit of oxium :smith: in fact, my runs on mobile defenses have been lovely for oxium gathering.

Remember that you have to kill the oxium drones before they suicide charge into you. If they finish their charge, they never drop oxium. If you kill them, they always drop one or two units. They're pretty tough for their level, so bring a big gun. If your squad isn't full of chucklefucks who immediately run out into the main room and screw up spawns, you can pull 30-50 oxium per run.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Male Man posted:

Remember that you have to kill the oxium drones before they suicide charge into you. If they finish their charge, they never drop oxium. If you kill them, they always drop one or two units. They're pretty tough for their level, so bring a big gun. If your squad isn't full of chucklefucks who immediately run out into the main room and screw up spawns, you can pull 30-50 oxium per run.

I know I gotta destroy them which is why I bring my nova and my 5 forma'd ignis to hunt these. I'm guessing it's the latter that the people I'm running with were loving up the spawns. Assholes.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Terrible pubbies could be the problem but unless they're letting every single osprey charge them without ever killing it, you should at least be getting a couple oxium.

Are you on PS4? For some reason Kappa is apparently awful for oxium there, while it's really good on PC (I have no idea why that would make a difference but maybe PS4 has its own oxium mine you could use instead).

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

seiferguy posted:

I know I gotta destroy them which is why I bring my nova and my 5 forma'd ignis to hunt these. I'm guessing it's the latter that the people I'm running with were loving up the spawns. Assholes.

When we were farming ours we tried all the spots people say to do but we always got our largest hauls from Xini, 40-50 per 20 waves. And get the pickup doubler. It literally cuts the grind in half.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

Fourthmeal Fanboy posted:

As an Excalibur Prime haver, I don't give a poo poo if they make it available again and I think anybody who does care is a stupid rear end in a top hat idiot baby. Any amount of "special status" that comes with it is negated by it being an Excalibur, anyway. I've never even used mine :shrug:.
This exact situation happened with League of Legends. Some Rioter commented about making legacy/exclusive skins available again and there were multi-page shitfits on the Adjudicator forums.

You should try your Excalibur some day, though. Max out power range and duration and slap some efficiency in there, add some max power to boot. You can effectively disable every enemy on the map permanently with Radial Blind. Works on bosses and G3 and the like too, it's my current main and it's loving hilarious.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I feel like they could sidestep the whole "b-b-but my EXCLUSIVES" whining somewhat by giving the founders something else to lord over the plebs, like a special skin for those weapons/frames. I'm sure you'd still get some whining, but probably less.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Riot tried that approach by giving out the Master Beta exclusive icons they had promised years earlier. Of course that just made the whiny adjudicators whine even harder because they spent the whole beta whining about poo poo instead of playing and hadn't achieved the required ELO.

I mean, if they make Excalibur Prime obtainable what could they possibly offer in its stead? Constant early access to the next prime is about the only thing that'd actually shut people up, but then they'd have to be an entire design cycle ahead just to appease a vocal minority of whiners.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

All they have to do is wait for the number of active founders to go down to a manageable level before making Excal Prime available again.

It's not like they are running out of other frames to Prime soon.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

randombattle posted:

Yeah Excal is kind of poops regardless of prime or not. It just doesn't live upto the newer frames at all.

It's a solid starter frame and slash dash is fun for morons like me, who thought Vanguard was loving orgasmic in Mass Effect. Other than that, though, it gets boring.

Seriously, though, there's nothing much to speak of in Excal Prime. The body just has more gold and the default helmet can be replaced by Avalon, and Avalon removes the bitchin' Orokin cyclops thing. Idiots who get mad about their Prime warframes need to know all they're missing out on is a default slot, it's not like the Prime weapons.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Chocobo posted:

You should try your Excalibur some day, though. Max out power range and duration and slap some efficiency in there, add some max power to boot. You can effectively disable every enemy on the map permanently with Radial Blind. Works on bosses and G3 and the like too, it's my current main and it's loving hilarious.

I did this exact thing in a t3 defense the other day. Was the most amazing thing I've ever seen a Warframe do. And then I Superjumped on their heads and pretended to be Mario.

Cathair posted:

Personally, I prefer the Vasto's look and feel, but the Magnus/Akmagnus are very much like the Vasto/Akvasto, only arguably a little better.

I prefer everything about the Akmagnus, except the reload speed. Slapping the two elemental damage + status chance mods on the Akmagnus makes for some really hilarious amounts of damage.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

seiferguy posted:

Like the man said, I've yet to see an Oxium Osprey spawn on Kappa. Do Xini and Cyath.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

seiferguy posted:

Kappa is very bad for oxium on ps4. Xini or cyath are what you want. I prefer Xini.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, Xini has been the most reliable for me. I get 20-40 per run without any resource doublers usually. I guess Kappa is still hosed for PS4.

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer
Trying to catch a butterfly

Fish Noise posted:

One time, Denzine did a thing:

He also embedded me inside a pillar while I was minding my own business kneeling, proper zen and poo poo. Eventually freed me with another blast but it messed up my controls, I couldn't crouch for one, and my shields disappeared. Pretty odd!

Edit: Also the double drop rate yesterday was lovely, how likely is that to happen again any time soon? Say, easter perhaps?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Panic Attack posted:

He also embedded me inside a pillar while I was minding my own business kneeling, proper zen and poo poo. Eventually freed me with another blast but it messed up my controls, I couldn't crouch for one, and my shields disappeared. Pretty odd!

Edit: Also the double drop rate yesterday was lovely, how likely is that to happen again any time soon? Say, easter perhaps?

Not very.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
I did most of my Oxium farming on Mimas, 20-25 min runs, actually. Slightly less efficient than Cyath/Xini, but you also pick up a few Orokin Cells in the process as well as a key each time.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/198137-update-1250-helios/

Update 12.5.0: Helios

Additions:
· New Sentinel! Meet Helios, a Corpus Sentinel with a devastating Glaive-esque attack and the ability to assist you with Codex scans! Visit the Market or Corpus Research Room in the Dojo today!
· New Imperator Syandana!

Changes:

· Retired the Shamrock Color Picker from the Market – until next time, folks!
· Improvements to Sentinel audio.
· Changed Rhino Prime's Iron Skin ability to now appear golden!
· Tweaks to the visuals of Rhino's abilities.
· Removed intentional delay on weapon firing while running.
· Limited the maximum amount of Grineer Death sounds that can be played at once.
· Tweaks to Quantum Badge visuals to help improve visibility on multiple Warframes.
· Waypoint markers set on enemies will no longer disappear when the enemy is knocked back or otherwise ragdolled.
· Improved the client side visuals for the effect created when enemies are hit by Trinity's Energy Vampire and Well of Life abilities.
· Tweaks to Gorgon firing sound
· Broken Lights have now been replaced with Grineer Traps. The latest iteration of this mechanic replaces hard to spot Broken Lights with more visible Grineer Traps.
o These Traps deal Damage Over Time as opposed to one pulse of damage.
o These Traps can be spotted form a distance and targeted to damage nearby enemies.

Fixes:
· Fixed a number of navigation related issues with Infested on the Forest Defense Tilesets.
· Fixed an issue related to client's attempting to attack with Dual Daggers type weapons.
· Fixed the naming conventions for Grineer Regulators.
· Fixed an issue with Lotus' dialogue lines not properly matching her subtitles.
· Fixed non-localized text seen in Interception game modes.
· Fixed an instance of players getting stuck in their inbox after attempting to accept or decline a clan invitation
· Fixed players losing all experience after a Host Migration.
· Fixed an issue with the Grineer Deathsquad not properly capturing players in a multiplayer match.
· Fixed Saxis and Histo nodes not displaying the correct mission type.
· Fixed an exploit which allowed the "It keeps getting better" achievement to be unlocked incorrectly.
· Fixed a number of level holes and stuck spots.
· Fixed a number of crashes
· Fixed the image for the Burston Prime Blueprint
· Fixed Rescue targets on Alert Rescue missions demonstrating older AI behaviours and lacking proper functions (health/shield UI).
· Fixed Orokin Derelict Vaults locking players inside (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/191684-orokin-derelict-bug/).

---

Wooo, new stuff!

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer
Trying to catch a butterfly
10000 Oxium needed until the Sentinel's ready to research.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Panic Attack posted:

10000 Oxium needed until the Sentinel's ready to research.

Wow I was gonna get excited about it (codex scanning sentinel sounds nice), but I'm really sick of getting oxium. The drunkframe extractors take 150 each and I only just finished grinding out the 600 for flappy zephyr. You have to do such a specific thing to get that one resource that I don't know why they're putting such high prices on everything that needs it.

That said the corpus somehow recently took over Mimas on Saturn, so that level is now an awesome place to get orokin cells, oxium and experience all at once.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I'm trying to decide if that is the new warframe in the image or the back of a tinted Excalibur.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

It's an ash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

quote:

· Changed Rhino Prime's Iron Skin ability to now appear golden!

The prophecy has come to pass.

e: also the new sydana was an almost instant purchase, waiting paid off with a sydana that doesn't look like complete rear end.

e2: try it out on banshee if you get the chance.