Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Nature being awesome.

No debate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Memento posted:

there are some hosed-up stories out there of people handing subguns to kids and ending up in tragedy.

Please link a few of these retarded stories, this I gotta see.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Memento posted:

I would mostly be concerned for the recoil getting away from a child when firing a full auto weapon, because there are some hosed-up stories out there of people handing subguns to kids and ending up in tragedy. This kid seems to have it cinched in nice and tight though.

I guess it's a good thing civilian access to full auto is very limited and probably would not be posted all over the internet.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Snowy posted:

Please link a few of these retarded stories, this I gotta see.

I live in CT and we had something like that a few years ago. Some kid was killed at a gun show from the recoil flipping the barrel around towards him.

EDIT: 8 year old 5 years ago in MA.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Memento posted:

I would mostly be concerned for the recoil getting away from a child when firing a full auto weapon, because there are some hosed-up stories out there of people handing subguns to kids and ending up in tragedy. This kid seems to have it cinched in nice and tight though.

It kind of looks like the guy in the background might be holding her arm.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Memento posted:

They started her on semi to let her get a feel for the recoil and then she just shot bursts on full auto to keep the barrel down. The gun owner, range master and her dad were all within about 5 ft of her and she'd had about four years of firearms experience at the point the pic was taken.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Philip J Fry posted:

They started her on semi to let her get a feel for the recoil and then she just shot bursts on full auto to keep the barrel down. The gun owner, range master and her dad were all within about 5 ft of her and she'd had about four years of firearms experience at the point the pic was taken.

Well that's 100% fine then :) gently caress knows the first time I fired a gun on full-auto half of every burst went over the berm. That was a Lithgow L2A1 though...

Like I said, she seems to have a good grasp (:v:) on the situation.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Everyone's at it...

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

apsouthern posted:

Everyone's at it...

"Bring me my shooting table. You hold my umbrella, I do fancy a shot right now."

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

apsouthern posted:

Everyone's at it...

"We shall show them that one does not gently caress with the Queen!"

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Lizzy is just all-round awesome. Supposedly, she's a decent truck mechanic, as well.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

KozmoNaut posted:

Lizzy is just all-round awesome. Supposedly, she's a decent truck mechanic, as well.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

She certainly was a handsome young woman.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Istari posted:

It kind of looks like the guy in the background might be holding her arm.

He's got his other hand bracing her shoulder too, you can see the red and black fingers of his gloves.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

beato posted:

He's got his other hand bracing her shoulder too, you can see the red and black fingers of his gloves.

Noob's using aimbot, banned.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Demolition of big-rear end stuff is always awesome.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Say Nothing posted:

Nature being awesome.

No debate!

Anyone know this location? Not getting much back from tineye or gis.

Thanks

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
It's apparently Sennen Cove in Cornwall, England.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Detective Thompson posted:

It's apparently Sennen Cove in Cornwall, England.

Thanks!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Oh, hey, just bein' Buzz Aldrin. Hangin' out in space.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
An acquaintance is getting around the internet with this picture:

My great-grandfather was shot in the chest by a German soldier during World War 1. Luckily, the coins in his breast pocket absorbed the bullet and saved his life. You could say he didn't need much money... to survive

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Bullshit, who the gently caress keeps their coins stacked up.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Piell posted:

Bullshit, who the gently caress keeps their coins stacked up.

If you have a bunch of coins in a breast pocket, they will naturally stack up slightly. If the width of the row of coins (laid side by side) is wider than the width of the pocket, they're going to overlap (gravity means they're all going to form a line along the bottom of the pocket, not stack up vertically). If you have enough of them, they'll overlap so densely that they'll almost be a stack (note that the coins in the picture aren't stacked perfectly on top of one another; they're on an angle).

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

It'd leave one hell of a welt and sting like a son of a bitch, too.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Bad Munki posted:

It'd leave one hell of a welt and sting like a son of a bitch, too.

War is hell.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Nastyman posted:

War is hell.

PTSD from a hangnail

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Fragrag posted:

An acquaintance is getting around the internet with this picture:

My great-grandfather was shot in the chest by a German soldier during World War 1. Luckily, the coins in his breast pocket absorbed the bullet and saved his life. You could say he didn't need much money... to survive

I would bet a thousand dollars that the grandfather says that line every time he tells the story; and there's one person who's heard it 80 times and is just sick of it.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Captain Lavender posted:

I would bet a thousand dollars that the grandfather says that line every time he tells the story; and there's one person who's heard it 80 times and is just sick of it.

The grandmother will snap and cut that motherfucker if she hears...that...line...ONE...MORE...GODDAMN...TIME!!!!!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Captain Lavender posted:

…and that guy loses it and winds up shooting and killing grandpa.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

The Ape of Naples posted:

…and that guy loses it and winds up shooting and killing grandpa.

...except he didn't die as the bullet hit the same stack of coins again. Grandpa promptly said the catchphrase again, causing the shooter to die of a rage-induced aneurysm.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Double Bill posted:

...except he didn't die as the bullet hit the same stack of coins again. Grandpa promptly said the catchphrase again, causing the shooter to die of a rage-induced aneurysm.

"And that's how we beat the nazis, too!"

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

apsouthern posted:

Everyone's at it...

Actually, the Queen's a blooded hunter, and apparently is a drat good shot.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

VogeGandire posted:

Actually, the Queen's a blooded hunter, and apparently is a drat good shot.

How hard can a swan be to gently caress up with a gun anyway?

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

Keru posted:

How hard can a swan be to gently caress up with a gun anyway?

if its anything like a goose... or I guess an emu?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Imagine this think charging straight at you, hissing a spitting and ready to gently caress you the gently caress up:

Swans are big, nasty and extremely protective of their young. They can have a wingspan of up to 3 meters, and those wings can whip you like a mofo.

KozmoNaut has a new favorite as of 10:31 on Mar 24, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

KozmoNaut posted:

Imagine this think charging straight at you, hissing a spitting and ready to gently caress you the gently caress up:

Swans are big, nasty and extremely protective of their young. They can have a wingspan of up to 3 meters, and those wings can whip you like a mofo.

You don't gently caress with any birds. I've lived on a farm with roosters and some of them are the most aggressive fuckers imaginable. My mother even has scars on her legs from where some of them used to jump kick her.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Of course, if it's something smaller like a pheasant she just clubs it to death with her walking stick

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/queen-of-clubs-1596913

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

apsouthern posted:

Of course, if it's something smaller like a pheasant she just clubs it to death with her walking stick

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/queen-of-clubs-1596913

She's pretty rad :allears:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Tracula posted:

You don't gently caress with any birds. I've lived on a farm with roosters and some of them are the most aggressive fuckers imaginable. My mother even has scars on her legs from where some of them used to jump kick her.

I lived on a chicken farm for a year (a free range community supported agriculture thing but there were like two thousand chickens + a couple dozen roosters) and gently caress chickens forever. Seriously if you want to become a meat eater live and work with a large number of chickens for a year and collect their eggs and feed them every day. If you don't get cut up and molested by roosters you'll get pecked to poo poo by hens who just want to cannibalize their eggs in peace or get a lung disease from the chicken poo poo.

Birds are loving assholes.

e: Don't even get me started on turkeys or ducks, gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
We used to have two (female) ducks. One was the sweetest thing out. The other was Satan with feathers; it was the meanest motherfucker you can possibly imagine !

• Locked thread