Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

tarbrush posted:

How many of the players are going to throw massive hissy fits when we inevitably get relegated and the Chairman's Yacht Fund has to be content with parachute payments?

Hey, Sky Shadowing is the chairman, he's not getting his hands on, er, I mean I'm sure he'll make do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Lynneth posted:

Nobody expected anything other than a consolidation year, it's understandable that people were not too convinced that such a clause was needed at the time.
Well I had enough faith/lack of faith in him to get promoted/relegated before his contract ended to deem those clauses necessary. Clearly I should have a primary position on the board.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'M RICH I'M RICH SUCK MY loving DICK HATERS I'M GONNA EMBEZZLE MYSELF A loving GOLDEN BOAT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH

Ahem.

The votes.

1: A. We've had a simply sensational rise, but the smart money is on the Premier League hitting us like a pissed off Hulk. While you've earned our utmost faith in you coach, the top level is an entirely different beast and I don't think this current club is capable of hanging around, but the one that we can build with a healthy injection of TV money straight into my bank account into the kiddie training pool might be able to muster some staying power.

2: B. The idea of importing in this so-called "slave labor" intrigues me...

3: B. If we're going to be spending significant amounts of money on this wunderkins, it only behooves us to give them every opportunity to bring us to glory.

4: B. There are certain tropical climates that I humbly volunteer my services to scout. I have this new golden boat I need to test out...

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

JT Jag posted:

Clearly I should have a primary position on the board.

I just realized that we had new board members named at the last election. There's two of them. First come, first serve, please don't apply if you've already been named to the board.

Galaga Galaxian and Obliterati are still on the board as well.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

I just realized that we had new board members named at the last election. There's two of them. First come, first serve, please don't apply if you've already been named to the board.

Galaga Galaxian and Obliterati are still on the board as well.
It's me I want to be on the board.

I mean I just said as much a few posts ago, but reaffirming that here.

hahaha getting in at just the right time to embezzle that sweet sweet premier league cash

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

JT Jag posted:

It's me I want to be on the board.

I mean I just said as much a few posts ago, but reaffirming that here.

hahaha getting in at just the right time to embezzle that sweet sweet premier league cash

Your punishment is to have the database name "Craig Quigley." May Maradona have mercy on your soul.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Me!

ching ching

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

AJ_Impy posted:

Hey, Sky Shadowing is the chairman, he's not getting his hands on, er, I mean I'm sure he'll make do.

I propose a joint investigation between all the board members. Everyone bring as many bags as you can in case we need to collect evidence. I say we meet at the Secret Bank Vault Only the Board knows about at... say, midnight?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
I'll take a board spot now we can't beat up my actual favourite club!

Edit: Damnit!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Sign me up for the board. I'll still bring my stab-centric plans to the club to help us out in the EPL.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I will nobly sacrifice myself by hiding the club's money away from the nasty taxman.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Well Guess I'll go on the board then if there is still space.

Edit: Welp too late.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
I don't need to be on the board to embezzle all that Premier League money. :colbert:

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Can we propose a two stage budget? Like, go up to B until towards the end of the transfer window. If we look like we have a good shot to avoid relegation, authorise C at that point.

In absence of that measure

BBBB

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

My votes and feelings as follows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFrGuyw1V8s

:allears:

Zip! fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 19, 2014

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Wrexham: Confidential

The following is a secret dossier on the Wrexham FC Board of Directors compiled by the National Crime Agency under the "Professional Sports Leagues are Clearly the Same as Organized Crime" Act of 2018.

Tony Mullins, AKA Sky Shadowing
Length of Tenure: 4 years, 2 months
Chief Attribute: Ambition (20)
Known Associates: Vinny "Two Tone Tony" Calabrese, lately of New Jersey, USA.

Moses Oakes, AKA Galaga Galaxian
Length of Tenure: 1 year, 5 months
Chief Attribute: Interfering with Management (14)
Favorite Decepticon: Starscream

Marcus Bryan, AKA Obliterati
Length of Tenure: 1 year, 5 months.
Chief Attribute: Discipline (17)
Probable Role: Enforcer

Craig Quigley AKA JT Jag
Length of Tenure: 5 months.
Chief Attribute: Flamboyancy (19)
Sign: Aries, but not serious about it

Damian Smith AKA Shieldhill
Length of Tenure: 5 months.
Weakest Area(s): Judging Potential (2), Judging Ability (1)
Role demanded at last board meeting: Chief Scout

eta: Also, I just realized that I can nickname myself.

I should probably change that back before it goes to my head.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 19, 2014

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
CCBB - the only way to win a game of chicken is to disconnect your brake line.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

(:smug:ly) Hah, these chumps, my real name actually is Sky Shadowing.

You also joke, but honestly from everything I've read in SAS that's pretty much exactly the opinion the British government has about sports.

VVV
Maybe not draw in the Messis or Ronaldos of the world, but being able to scout globally would increase the odds of us finding those 'hidden gem' type players like Meteor or our new French lad.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I'm assuming by the way that even if we could scout globally our rep wouldn't be high enough at this point to actually draw players in yet. Also assuming that if we get a foreign feeder club we'll still be sending the kind of players we would've sent to a championship team.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Good friend of mine, self-made businessman, he's got a son who'd fancy playing on a Premier team. Kid's gotta world of potential, let me tell ya!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Habeusdorkus, you earned that title, you keep that title!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Zip! posted:

I'm assuming by the way that even if we could scout globally our rep wouldn't be high enough at this point to actually draw players in yet. Also assuming that if we get a foreign feeder club we'll still be sending the kind of players we would've sent to a championship team.
I don't think our scouting knowledge is 100% in just the areas that we are currently covering. And expanding our scouting range is going to cause our scouting knowledge to take a hit. I just think we should focus on our current range until our scouting knowledge hits 100% again.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Woo, what an impressive finish!

How much rougher is Premier than the Championship?

As for the votes, BBBB seems good to me!

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Woo, what an impressive finish!

How much rougher is Premier than the Championship?

There are a number of teams we will be lucky to even compete against, let alone draw, and if we get a win it's a miracle.

Those teams are Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, and probably one or two others that were sugar daddied and taken over by oil barons.

On the bright side, the Premiership only has 20 teams rather than 24, so there are only 38 league games in a year, with the added bonus of scheduled international breaks.

Sky Shadowing fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 19, 2014

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Now watch the entire team die in between seasons due to all the futuristic performance enhancing drugs Mr. Brown has been secretly slipping into their drink.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

JT Jag posted:

I don't think our scouting knowledge is 100% in just the areas that we are currently covering. And expanding our scouting range is going to cause our scouting knowledge to take a hit. I just think we should focus on our current range until our scouting knowledge hits 100% again.

Yeah thats what I'm saying here - what is the point in expanding when we haven't and can't reap the full benefits of current scouting range.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Zip! posted:

Yeah thats what I'm saying here - what is the point in expanding when we haven't and can't reap the full benefits of current scouting range.

The short answer is 'Brazilian Wonderkid Regens.'

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Sky Shadowing posted:

Lets face it, we all know you would use a Brazilian football regen import system as an excuse to embezzle and/or bring in transexuals for the board meetings Sky Shadowing. :colbert:

We're on to you Son!

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
BCBA

Wooo! Party in moderation!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Now watch the entire team die in between seasons due to all the futuristic performance enhancing drugs Mr. Brown has been secretly slipping into their drink.

Why do you think I only use young players? It's like Logans Run in here.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Wrexham is getting EPL TV money now.
1C
2C
3B
3B

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Holy crap, how did I only just find this? As a RL Wrexham Season Ticket holder, this whole LP makes me very, very erect.

Also we should make Tackleford our feeder club, just to rub it in.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Brony Hunter posted:

As a RL Wrexham Season Ticket holder...

How the gently caress are you just finding this thread? :psyduck:

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

How the gently caress are you just finding this thread? :psyduck:

So many sheep, so little time. :scotland:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Brony Hunter posted:

Holy crap, how did I only just find this? As a RL Wrexham Season Ticket holder, this whole LP makes me very, very erect.

Also we should make Tackleford our feeder club, just to rub it in.

Oh....Oh my. I like this feeder club suggestion.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

A Tartan Tory posted:

So many sheep, so little time. :scotland:

Pretty much this.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Sky Shadowing posted:

The slightly longer answer is that while we won't be able to get the creme de la creme of those players, we'll be able to sign ones who aren't currently great but have the potential to be. Much like we have with players in the UK and Ireland and now in the rest of Europe.

JT Jag posted:

Also, we can't scout ANYONE outside of Europe right now. So even if I did find a player who seemed intriguing, I couldn't get a scout to compile a simple scouting report on him. So, for example, i've mentioned Rocky Bastable a couple times. I have no clue what his upside is, just his basic stats, because I can't order a scout to make up a report on a player in the Qatari league since it's outside of Europe. I don't plan on reducing the number of scouts we have in the EU by much, they're still going to be where we're searching for players. But with expanded scouting range I could at least get an informed opinion on how good a player might be (especially for those players who I don't know all the attributes of, since unscouted, non-famous players don't have all their stats listed until you get a scouting report).

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

What are the residency issues that we would need to overcome if we found a South American or Caribbean wonder-kid that we would need to know about so we can decide if it is worth it at this stage to invest in more scouting powers?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I hope that our best young player that we find while scouting the world is French. The idea of BPL being forced to eat poo poo from an American coach with a Welsh team and a French superstar is just amazing. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

KKKLIP ART posted:

What are the residency issues that we would need to overcome if we found a South American or Caribbean wonder-kid that we would need to know about so we can decide if it is worth it at this stage to invest in more scouting powers?

The simple answer is to use a player who doesn't have a European passport, you need to get him a work permit. To get a work permit, the player either has to be absurdly good, or have played in 75% of his nations international appearances in the last 2 years, for a nation ranked in the top 70, and I think they also have to be a starter for the club team you're purchasing them from. So it isn't all that easy, especially when you're trying to get players from Argentina or Brazil, where some really good players can get totally shut out of the national team. However, if you have a work permit feeder club, you can sign a player who won't get a work permit, and then loan them to a club, usually either in Croatia or Belgium, for a couple years so they can gain European citizenship.

• Locked thread