Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Damiya posted:

'I've heard stories of demonic possession but it'd super rare and we don't know anyone who has ever encountered a demon'. oh season 1

Yeah but that was the whole premise of the first season. They specifically mention that there's been almost no demon possession in years and then all of the sudden there's 20 reported cases. That led them to believe something big was coming.

I wish they'd had another multi-season arc ready because 1-5 was so well put together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

cirus posted:

Yeah but that was the whole premise of the first season. They specifically mention that there's been almost no demon possession in years and then all of the sudden there's 20 reported cases. That led them to believe something big was coming.

I wish they'd had another multi-season arc ready because 1-5 was so well put together.

They also had that whole hellgate story line where "200 demons got loose! :stonk:" after that so having more demons now makes sense. Then there was also an apocalypse

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

CHiRAL posted:

They also had that whole hellgate story line where "200 demons got loose! :stonk:" after that so having more demons now makes sense. Then there was also an apocalypse

The most disappointing part of that storyline is that they completely wasted the Seven Deadly Sins.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

computer parts posted:

The most disappointing part of that storyline is that they completely wasted the Seven Deadly Sins.

I think they made up for that with the Four Horsemen though. If you mean their presence distorting reality/affecting their surroundings.

They were pussies too though. The Winchesters massacred them as easily as their own family.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

mcswizzle posted:

I think they made up for that with the Four Horsemen though. If you mean their presence distorting reality/affecting their surroundings.

They were pussies too though. The Winchesters massacred them as easily as their own family.

well except for Death of course.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Coulrophobia posted:

Re: that serial killer episode, that was 7.15 Repo Man, though the dude was a little messed up before that and only acted on his murdery urges once he got possessed...not quite the same I don't think.

I believe he started killing people after they exercised the demon from him. Or at least continued. He always had the urges but the demon pushed him over the edge. It's been awhile since I've seen the episode though.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

hangedman1984 posted:

well except for Death of course.

Who is a badass all on his own. I think this lends itself to my point :)

KilGrey posted:

I believe he started killing people after they exercised the demon from him. Or at least continued. He always had the urges but the demon pushed him over the edge. It's been awhile since I've seen the episode though.

Exorcise. Linda Blair's head would spin if she knew you butchered the name of the only movie I can think of that she was in (wonder woman was on TV fella's)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

mcswizzle posted:

Who is a badass all on his own. I think this lends itself to my point :)

Exorcise. Linda Blair's head would spin if she knew you butchered the name of the only movie I can think of that she was in (wonder woman was on TV fella's)

Wonder Woman was also Lynda Carter.

Linda Blair was also in Repossessed.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Jedit posted:

Wonder Woman was also Lynda Carter.

Linda Blair was also in Repossessed.

The "Y" threw me off. Also that I never watched the show, I guess that might have been a factor.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

mcswizzle posted:

My first instinct is to blame my phones autocorrect but it's completely possible I butchered that all on my own.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mediablvd/2014/03/07/winchester-radio-exclusive-interview-with-supernaturals-jensen-ackles

Listening to the podcast at the moment. So far he's been talking about the show so far this season, and how straight up murdering a dude was actually intentional, to show where apparently the Mark is affecting him.

edit - Sweet jesus someone who isn't Jensen is heavy breathing like crazy on the mic.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Mar 14, 2014

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mediablvd/2014/03/07/winchester-radio-exclusive-interview-with-supernaturals-jensen-ackles

Listening to the podcast at the moment. So far he's been talking about the show so far this season, and how straight up murdering a dude was actually intentional, to show where apparently the Mark is affecting him.

edit - Sweet jesus someone who isn't Jensen is heavy breathing like crazy on the mic.

I wonder if it's going to come up more directly in the show. Besides some second-longer glares, it doesn't seem like Sam has really had too much issue with it. It could be the bro-angst and him just saying "it's all about the work, and another hunter would kill this person" but v0v.

I get the feeling that it's going to culminate in a pretty Oprah-tastic hug-fight where they both explain why they're mad, and then realize that the Mark is like a horcrux and causing Dean to be a little more...final...with his solutions.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Who is going to buy me those?

Why don't I have them already?

Do those black soulless eyes mean anything?

canadiantreefrog
Aug 26, 2006

I just bought them. There is a Castiel one too but it's hard to find.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Was Taters posted:

HOLY poo poo

Where I can buy them and why I don't own them already?

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
They're on Thinkgeek.

The Castiel one was a Hot Topic exclusive at one point.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Was Taters posted:

They're possessed.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
A quick google search says you can get all of them on amazon, with Sam and Dean going for 15$ a pop and Cas costing about twice as much.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Was Taters posted:

"Ok, heads I sacrifice myself for the plot, tails you sacrifice yourself for the plot..."
"Sounds good"

"What does that mean?"
"No idea... Wanna go shank some demons?"
"...Only if we stop for pie."

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
Happy Dean day (yesterday).

and so on....

http://www.popsugar.com/Dean-Winchester-Supernatural-GIFs-34349980#photo-10

Saveron_01 fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 16, 2014

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
SMITE HER

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
I just imagined that, right?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Well, at least we know they remember exorcisms.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Well that explains a lot.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Velvet Underground. :hellyeah:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Of all the demons to not casually murder...

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Okay, an intervention for Crowley is cracking me the gently caress up.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Crowley is stealing candy from a vending machine.

This episode is amazing. :allears:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Kammat posted:

Okay, an intervention for Crowley is cracking me the gently caress up.

Thanks to Sam, Dean's an old hat at them :haw:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Ah, yeah. Dean gonna get his cougar on.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Well hello (name). **bong**

Hey Sheriff Andy!

der juicen fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 19, 2014

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Psychotic Man of Letters? :allears:

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

Writer Cath posted:

Psychotic Man of Letters? :allears:

I miss Eureka. :(

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Can someone gif Dean calling to Crawley's phone ringing?

It said "Not Moose"

Haha, Snooki as a demon. As herself. That was new.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 19, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's Nicole now :mad:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I'm kind of digging the addiction theme this season. Sam, a former demon blood junkie himself, turned Crowley into a human blooded one and once Dean had the first blade in his hand, didn't seem particularly keen on letting it go.

Although honestly, Sam and Dean were pretty stupid to discuss offing Crowley when he was like four feet away. He's a demon, he can probably hear you.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Man, the size difference between the Winchesters and Snooki makes Snooki look like a hobbit.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jx9h894XBM

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Ravane posted:

Man, the size difference between the Winchesters and Snooki makes Snooki look like a hobbit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Xvhvpxg6E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Ravane posted:

She always looks like a hobbit.

• Locked thread